• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Favorite political topics

Dry Ice

Legendary Member
Lebanese have a love/hate relationship with politics as it is practically their daily bread and butter.. They are either enganged in discussions or are the recipients of political news through newspapers, televisions or radios.

What about you? What kind of political topics attract you and through which you feel enclined to participate and discuss?

Cheers

SeekNirvana

Topics of interest are mostly identity, policies and laws.
Sub-topics include understanding Lebanese-Lebanese relations, reforms, and [social or economical] issues deemed interesting enough by NGOs to work on.

4U2IMI8

Lebanese have a love/hate relationship with politics as it is practically their daily bread and butter.. They are either enganged in discussions or are the recipients of political news through newspapers, televisions or radios.

What about you? What kind of political topics attract you and through which you feel enclined to participate and discuss?

Cheers

HA, what else? Is there a hotter more controversial topic on this forum since it started?

I love to read the speculations of some members, their theories, the controversy, the lack of understanding and misunderstanding, how little some know.
Many times I’m tempted to jump in and correct things but from my experience with some members, they simply don’t want to know even though they act like they do.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
HA, what else? Is there a hotter more controversial topic on this forum since it started?

I love to read the speculations of some members, their theories, the controversy, the lack of understanding and misunderstanding, how little some know.
Many times I’m tempted to jump in and correct things but from my experience with some members, they simply don’t want to know even though they act like they do.

quite frankly, HA is the last thing i want to read about on this forum, and now that you've mentioned it, i would like to take advantage of the early launch of the forum in order to bring attention to this specific issue.

The loyalists' forums have a knack to turn every thread into a public FPM bashing regardless of the original topic, and that's where all their topics seem to converge to.

And on LFPM it seems that some members have a passion to squeeze HA into everything, be they HA supporters or loyalists, i no longer bother reading or contributing to those threads. not because i bare ill will towards HA, but because i would rather consolidate HA related topics into a single thread; after all this is an FPM forum, and i dont like to see it turn into a battle zone between HA and the loyalists damaging every topic in the process.

ElieCedar

DA... same logic should apply to inserting LF or DSG in every thread. Opposition, and specifically HA supporters (No, I am not inserting HA in this thread :) interject DSG in many threads where it's not necessary or pertinent to the subject being discussed.
Elie

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
DA... same logic should apply to inserting LF or DSG in every thread. Opposition, and specifically HA supporters (No, I am not inserting HA in this thread :) interject DSG in many threads where it's not necessary or pertinent to the subject being discussed.
Elie

Agreed.
------------------------

false Morel

i would rather consolidate HA related topics into a single thread; after all this is an FPM forum, and i dont like to see it turn into a battle zone between HA and the loyalists damaging every topic in the process.

Bingo!

i suggest that one thread would be opnened on HA, where everything related to HA as a party and culture/community would be discussed. This thread would serve as a referance to any member who wants to question/inquire/clarify anything about HA, or a maybe even a good opportunity to express himself whenever he feels himself well fit and motivated for a "bashing attack" on HA and a "nice friendly fight" with HA supporters on the forum, and vice versa!

i'd like to suggest also that one of our devoted HA supporters on the forum to open such a thread, whereas he could introduce HA at the starter post in a brief, clear, and competent way.

cheers

nonsense

Legendary Member
Agree that HA and other parties should each have a separate dedicated thread, with the occasional/rare exception of breaking news/issue.

Topics: Policies of past/present. Contrasting various forms of governance. Identity, cutlture and dialogue. ----- definitely not fond of pre-pubertal bashing threads.:biggrin:

Cheers!!!

Bejin

i agree with you , hezb allah is an important subject that must be more discussed in oder to find a solution for their weapons not that they use them against fellow lebanese

HOPE WE WILL ALSO DISCUSS ABOUT THE FUTURE MOVEMENT MILITIA LED BY AHMAD EL KHATIB & KANAAN NAJI...

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Agree that HA and other parties should each have a separate dedicated thread, with the occasional/rare exception of breaking news/issue.

Topics: Policies of past/present. Contrasting various forms of governance. Identity, cutlture and dialogue. ----- definitely not fond of pre-pubertal bashing threads.:biggrin:

Cheers!!!

ok, i think we are getting somewhere.

Each party should get its own "Ideology vision and beliefs" thread. for example

Thread1: FPM - Ideology, Vision and Beliefs
Thread2: LF - Ideology, Vision and Beliefs
Thread3: HA- Ideology, Vision and Beliefs
Thread4: Phalanges - Ideology, Vision and Beliefs
Thread5: FM - Ideology, Vision and Beliefs
Thread6: PSP - Ideology, Vision and Beliefs

and so on.