[Fiber - FTTC this year] Ministry of Telecom

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
It's gonna need some kind of miracle for anything to happen within 2 months, but perhaps we could set a step for future ministers to continue on, guess we should wait for Wednesday to see what happens next, a plan to move forward with Fiber optics? or the introduction of the all new Dial up modem!:madgrin:
He already has 1 decree to boost DSL plans prepared by Sehnaoui and ready to be adopted the government if he wants to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Raficoo

Raficoo

He's just gonna unblock what Abdel men3em youssef has blocked. Ma badda shi...it's gonna be painful to see him take the credit for tayyar's work, but I hope the lebanese people will be able to reason that nothing could have been done during this month and that it was the work of the previous ministers.
    He already has 1 decree to boost DSL plans prepared by Sehnaoui and ready to be adopted the government if he wants to use it.
    Oh okay I see, so I guess then yea, he'll try to take all the credit for activating previous plans that were politically blocked, that's a shame, but for me atleast if that happens then obviously I would say most credit should go to Sehnaoui. Still, any boost right now is a very much needed boost given the state we're in.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    It's gonna need some kind of miracle for anything to happen within 2 months, but perhaps we could set a step for future ministers to continue on, guess we should wait for Wednesday to see what happens next, a plan to move forward with Fiber optics? or the introduction of the all new Dial up modem!:madgrin:
    Both things he claims that he plans to do are already planned and executed by Sehnaoui.
    In the newest contracts signed, QoS was one of the main prerequisites requested by Sehnaoui.
    As for internet speed, he's making it look like Sehnaoui was actually there to slow it down.

Hawbara 3al tofchene.
    Youssef will probably give him an extra MB or 2 just to give him some credit.

What's funny is that a lawyer like him should look at the lack of legality related to Youssef's positions and she should start there.
    But then again, he's not there to work, he's there ta yi zarrik 3ala Sehnaoui and then you'll have people like Joseph Lubnan banging their chests in support of Harb's useless moves.

Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    The 3G really seems to be working much faster and better since Harb took his position. As usual, M14 working in good governance while maintaining an acceptable budget based on the needs of the Lebanese state. Thank you Boutros Harb!

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    The 3G really seems to be working much faster and better since Harb took his position. As usual, M14 working in good governance while maintaining an acceptable budget based on the needs of the Lebanese state. Thank you Boutros Harb!
    You do realize that before yesterday, Boutros Harb had no powers whatsoever.

But it's fun to know that someone who knows how to turn on a computer and type on a keyboard has the IQ of a salt shaker that allows him to get to conclusions like yours.
    I know, I know for someone named Bandar, we shouldn't expect much, but let's say that through this comment, I'm targeting you and even more logically-challenged LFer and FMer who will come here to show the great works of Boutros Harb.
    Joseph Lubnan is not as stupid though, he's just a hypocrite who always always always avoids the tough and not so tough questions.
    Chatir yi kabbir rass 3a Sehnaoui on certain technicalities, but when it comes to bigger issues like Rifi helping Geagea get weapons or refusing to obey his superiors' commands or the fact that he only targets FPM ministers while we know that we are in this state because of the inability of previous ministers: FMers mainly - to get things right.
    But then again, he's smart enough to know that people like you, Achrafieh_LF and others would use this as arguments to your even more flawed thinking.
    He can be proud to have a following like yours :)

Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter

But it's fun to know that someone who knows how to turn on a computer and type on a keyboard has the IQ of a salt shaker that allows him to get to conclusions like yours.
    I know, I know for someone named Bandar, we shouldn't expect much, but let's say that through this comment, I'm targeting you and even more logically-challenged LFer and FMer who will come here to show the great works of Boutros Harb.
    Joseph Lubnan is not as stupid though, he's just a hypocrite who always always always avoids the tough and not so tough questions.
    Chatir yi kabbir rass 3a Sehnaoui on certain technicalities, but when it comes to bigger issues like Rifi helping Geagea get weapons or refusing to obey his superiors' commands or the fact that he only targets FPM ministers while we know that we are in this state because of the inability of previous ministers: FMers mainly - to get things right.
    But then again, he's smart enough to know that people like you, Achrafieh_LF and others would use this as arguments to your even more flawed thinking.
    So predictable. Any time Harb improves the telecom infrastructure or 3G is running faster, it will be the "work of Sehnaoui" for you guys. Sehnaoui is gone, get over it already. Harb's 3G is fast, reliable, and while a bit above average in terms of pricing, acceptable.

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix

بالاذن من الرفيق حميد

ههههـههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههه

Raficoo

Raficoo

Both things he claims that he plans to do are already planned and executed by Sehnaoui.
    So basically the increased speeds were already executed by Sehanoui but are still basically blocked by Abdel men3em youssef? which means right now we should have higher speed? or....?

As for internet speed, he's making it look like Sehnaoui was actually there to slow it down.
    saying he's Preventing it from being faster, or actually planning to slow it down? and if the latter in what possible way? lol

Youssef will probably give him an extra MB or 2 just to give him some credit.
    sadly yes, the majority 1Mbit/s users will really love a 2X or 3X speed increase(I know I would :) ), and also a quota limit increase(which the current limits are still ridiculous per world standard) and most people will see the current minister as the cause. But then again from a technical point of view any increase is needed and welcomed.

You can't generalize to come with a statement like that considering 3G performance will vary little or heavily with each 3G tower in multiple regions around Lebanon. Unless you have technical reports showing the differences with speeds and latencies between now and Sehnaoui's term then you're statement could be valid.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So predictable. Any time Harb improves the telecom infrastructure or 3G is running faster, it will be the "work of Sehnaoui" for you guys. Sehnaoui is gone, get over it already. Harb's 3G is fast, reliable, and while a bit above average in terms of pricing, acceptable.
    on a serious note, I will be happy to cheer for Harb if he does something, anything, good in the ministry... bass just to be clear, he didnt do anything yet, so whatever miraculous speed you are witnessing is, sadly for you, the same speed Sehnaoui afforded you... now pray that Harb does something so we can all have a better experience in Lebanon...

vegojimbo

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
    Harb hasn't been less than a week in his ministry and he managed to perform things his predecessors couldn't achieve in a couple of years. Smalla shu abaday hal Harb. Imagine what he can do in a month or a year. he'll invent 6G all by himself (5G is to be rolled out soon..too bad he wasn't around to invent that as well and roll it in lebanon). Soon, Lebanon will be the leading internet market in the world. Yaaay.

Seriously, some people should not even share the same air I breathe. Walls have better IQ and logic than some.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

I slapped you for dumbing yourself down to reason with a pro death Wahhabi..shame on you,

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The only infrastructure this mharhar is able to improve is his own, starting with the cholesterol level. The guy has just learned he can visit the internet.com and ask the Google about what the term 3G is, and you attribute to him connection speeds and reliabilities? Ma at least give him few decades so he learns the difference between a bit and a byte from his technical maharaja, 3abd el Men3em Yousef.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    الجمهورية

الاثنين في 24 آذار 2014

* تخفيض
    وزير الإتصالات سيُعلن في مؤتمر صحافي الأسبوع المقبل خفض تعرفة المكالمات الهاتفية العادية والخلوية وتسريع الإنترنت.​

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    الجمهورية

الاثنين في 24 آذار 2014

* تخفيض
    وزير الإتصالات سيُعلن في مؤتمر صحافي الأسبوع المقبل خفض تعرفة المكالمات الهاتفية العادية والخلوية وتسريع الإنترنت.​
    fantastic :) amazing work done in 3 weeks!!! also i am anxious to hear Joseph Lubnan's stance, last I recall he was attacking FPM ministers for dropping the price of calls as "this infrastructure cant handle more users on the network"... now the question is: is this because Harb is an idiot or is FPM to blame because Harb had nothing to do with this, he is simply activating a plan prepared and reqdied by Sehnaoui? het la nshouf :)

Raficoo

Raficoo

Minister held a press conference today:
    From his Twitter (https://twitter.com/Harb_Boutros)
    Alot of stuff so I'll try to post the technicals:

لقد تمّ إنفاق مبالغ هائلة في السنوات الأخيرة قاربت حدود 650 مليون دولار في الشبكة الخلوية ونحو 100 مليون دولار أو أكثر في الشبكة الثابتة
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن تخفيض التعرفة على المخابرات الدولية لغاية 50% من كلفتها الحالية
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن تخفيض تعرفة البطاقات المسبقة الدفع Prepaid Cards والتليكارت وكلام بين 30 و50% من كلفتها الحالية
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن تخفيض رسوم الهاتف الثابت لتصبح رسم التأسيس مجاني بدل /55/ ألف ليرة لبنانية
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن دراسة إمكانية حزمة أنترنت دون سقف ودون حدود للإستهلاك، بحيث يستفيد منها حوالي /330,000/ مشترك أنترنت حالياً
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن تحويل عائدات البلديات على الهاتف الثابت بحيث تستفيد منها حوالي 900 بلدية بمبالغ مجموعها 65 مليار ليرة لبنانية
    يستفيد من الإفراج عن حصة البلديات من واردات الهاتف الخليوي 900 بلدية بمبالغ مجموعها 257 مليار ليرة لبنانية
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن تأمين وصول الخدمات الأساسية مثل خدمات الانترنت والـ DSL للمناطق النائية التي لم تصلها بعد هذه الخدمات
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن كذلك تقريب الإدارة بمرافقها إلى المواطنين في مختلف المناطق على قاعدة الإنماء المتوازن بين المناطق كافة
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن إدخال خدمة دفع الفواتير بواسطة بطاقات الإئتمان وهو تدبير يعتمد للمرة الأولى في تاريخ الإدارات اللبنانية
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن العمل على إطلاق ورشة تعريف علب الهاتف المتوقفة منذ مدة طويلة ما يسمح بتلبية الطلبات بنسبة عشرة آلاف طلب شهرياً
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن تنفيذ معظم مشروع الألياف الضوئية لإيصال خدمات الإنترنت لـ90 مركزاً جديداً ما يؤمن خدمة الإنترنت للكثيرين
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن توسعة السنترالات لخدمات الهاتف الثابت لما يقارب الـ 100,000 خط جديد
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن توسعة خدمات الـ DSL الموجودة لكي يستفيد منها ما يقارب الـ 50,000 مشترك جديد
    تحسين الخدمات للمواطنين يتضمن إطلاق خدمات جديدة وإشراك جميع الأطراف خاصةً الشباب والجامعات للوصول إلى الاستفادة القصوى من هذه الخدمات
    Doesn't seem to be a mention about the increase of internet speed, however as for DSL limits, unlimited sounds good.... a lil too good to be true.

Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    Telecommunications Minister Butros Harb lamented on Wednesday that the ministry had not been abiding by legal procedures before he took his post, promising to implement a law on the liberalization of the telecom sector.

During a press conference he held to announce his program during the short term of Premier Tammam Salam's cabinet, Harb said he was surprised that law 431, which had been adopted in 2002, was “placed in the drawers” of the ministry.

The ministry not only did not implement the law on the liberalization of the telecom sector but adopted policies that contradicted it, he said.

Law 431 has transferred the powers of licensing, regulating and monitoring the telecommunications market, from the ministry of telecom to the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA).

Harb pledged to activate the authority, accusing his predecessors without naming them of “not liking the law for refusing to give up their authorities in favor of the TRA.”

“The law has been put aside for political reasons which until now are shackling the telecom market,” the minister told reporters.

Harb also said that the failure to implement the law created chaos, bringing certain incompetent employees to the ministry at the expense of the state treasury.

Some qualified people have been put aside without any explanation, he said.

But he vowed not to sack employees for political reasons. “Political issues and conflicts will remain outside the telecommunications ministry, which is in the service of all Lebanese without any exception.”

Harb promised to give back the rights of competent persons who have been dismissed. He said however that each employee who has been recruited illegally should prove his competence to stay in his post.

As part of his strategy in the coming few months before a new president is elected and a new government is formed, Harb promised to lower landline and mobile phone and internet tariffs.

leb-wi-noss

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member
    Regardless of what he can or cannot do, two interesting things Harb did in this press conference.
    - He didn't shut someone coming to cause trouble in his first appearance. At least in the front of the media he didn't panic and controlled his reaction and showed a civilized way of handling the situation. Something the Aounis ministers always fail to do.
    - He had Abdel Menem Youssef sitting next to him. A man that Lahoud and Hizbollah government failed to sack in the peak of their power.

Last edited by a moderator:
    JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Regardless of what he can or cannot do, two interesting things Harb did in this press conference.
    - He didn't shut someone coming to cause trouble in his first appearance. At least in the front of the media he didn't panic and controlled his reaction and showed a civilized way of handling the situation. Something the Aounis ministers always fail to do.
    - He had Abdel Menem Youssef sitting next to him. A man that Lahoud and Hizbollah government failed to sack in the peak of their power.

A typical Lebanese mentality! Betgher2ou bel 2oushour! I prefer a productive minister over dayyouss who smile in your face while giving it to you in the back! With such mentality, zarna el wazir, 3azanna, btasamnla Lebanon have no future.
    As for youssef you don't deserve better... corrupted people fighting for daily bread having these crooks pockets getting larger while happy.
    Tnderbo!

Last edited by a moderator: