• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Informational [Fiber - FTTC this year] Ministry of Telecom

• Advertisement
  • vegojimbo

Aw2et shrayit l telephon bi kouno te3benin am l router mish mni7. Call ogero 1515 and ask them, eza ma 7ada se3adak tweet to @ikreidieh, very nice guy and always tries to help.

If you're <1km from the CO, you can apply for a VDSL router, triples your speed.
    I'm with IDM, and my home is about 400m from the centrale. I'm getting from 8 to 14mbps every now and then (and other times the connection reverts to the normal 4mbps connection).

Should I call IDM and tell them I want a VDSL router? Will it help increase my connection or not?

Impera

I'm with IDM, and my home is about 400m from the centrale. I'm getting from 8 to 14mbps every now and then (and other times the connection reverts to the normal 4mbps connection).

Should I call IDM and tell them I want a VDSL router? Will it help increase my connection or not?
    I don't know if it's available in IDM, but 100% with Ogero. Call them ma bte5sar shi bas 400m from the centrale you should be easily getting a stable 10mbps speed.

With VDSL, oh la la

walidos

Orange Room Supporter
    I don't know if it's available in IDM, but 100% with Ogero. Call them ma bte5sar shi bas 400m from the centrale you should be easily getting a stable 10mbps speed.

With VDSL, oh la la

No one can convince me they are getting anything near to those speeds in lebanon! I won't believe it even if I see it... akid the speed tracking software mal3oub fi :p

vegojimbo

With VDSL, oh la la

but the main issue is will we able to get those VDSL speeds? Last time I checked Kraidieh's comments, he said we will witness 20mbps speeds. That is not enough to warrant a VDSL router. On the other hand, if we can get 50 mbps, then it is needed. what do u think? and can the current copper wires handle such speeds?
    also, any idea on the price of a VDSL router in Lebanon?

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    but the main issue is will we able to get those VDSL speeds? Last time I checked Kraidieh's comments, he said we will witness 20mbps speeds. That is not enough to warrant a VDSL router. On the other hand, if we can get 50 mbps, then it is needed. what do u think? and can the current copper wires handle such speeds?
    the VDSL modem ma bi rou7 di3an, you will need it anyway for FTTC in a year or two max

Impera

Phone Ogero and they can tell you how much speed you will get (be3te2id byejo la 3ndk bya3mlo check-up).

A VDSL 2+ router is usually $50+, in Leb mannon ktar, fi ma7al 3al dawra 3ndo l router shi 120 te2riban. Bes2allak shou ismo w wayno eza mehtamm.

walidos

Orange Room Supporter
    Phone Ogero and they can tell you how much speed you will get (be3te2id byejo la 3ndk bya3mlo check-up).

A VDSL 2+ router is usually $50+, in Leb mannon ktar, fi ma7al 3al dawra 3ndo l router shi 120 te2riban. Bes2allak shou ismo w wayno eza mehtamm.
    Yes please - post it PM me as well! Cheers

Impera

Yes please - post it PM me as well! Cheers
    Top Technologies (Dora Highway, Dedeyan Center, N#: 01 247 888), TP Link's main distributor in Lebanon sells VDSL routers, but at I think they're a bit steep at ~130$.

In my opinion, you should wait a bit. The market will soon start getting flooded with VDSL routers and you'll have better and cheaper options.

And of course, you must phone Ogero first and tell them if you are eligible to get a VDSL router.

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Last week DSL reached my area. :)

Now my kids are killing the Gegas hehehehe

Speed is great and a welcome change

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    As an average consumer, I'm not impressed.
    I had to pay an extra 10$/month to upgrade from 2Mbps to 4Mbps on an Unlimited plan.
    Unleash the speed they said...Yeah