WC2018 FINAL - France vs. Croatia [4-2]

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
It's natural for any talent in any domain to leave their corrupt , authoritarian regime countries and get a better life. Thats what everyone is doing until people revolt and change their regimes.
you can rest assured this is not the problem at all. the Lebanese basket ball clubs are also doing the same things and instead of encouraging local talents they are importing MBA players from the USA to Lebanon to win them the local games, politics and corruption play a role, but there is much more to it than that.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
today, and exceptionally today, i am changing my avatar in support of the Croatian team.

the one thing that i completely dislike about this world cup is that most teams are playing almost the same with very few distinction and without much flavor. there used to be a time where nations, in particular those who made it to the finals and won the cup, came with their own proper style. this time around it seems rather pretty dull and pretty much the same. as such i really appreciated what croatia, japan, iran, nigeria, senegal, and the arab countries brought with them to this world cup. even when they did not manage to win, they played their own style rather than the tasteless mish-mash we see in france, germany, and belgium.

8 of the players on the field in the france/belgium game were from congo; and yet congo did not qualify to play in the world cup, whereas congo, not france, is the country that should be represented in the finals today.14 out france's 22 players are not born in france. qatar then has the ability to nationalize the best team in the world, and if it does so it could easily win the world cup in 2022. this is such a tragedy befalling football.

so today i am rooting for the Croatian team simply because these players represent their country with its good and its bad. they really want to win, they do not give up and they really deserve their victory.

i do not know what this is, but this certainly is not a french team.
france-national-team.jpg

12a3ce571975d6e00715e535cdfbd386_XL.jpg

What's your reference for this? Because nearly all players on the French national team were actually born in France and some of them are not even taking any earnings and instead donating them to charity because "there is no bigger honor than playing for one's country and it should be done for free"

Anyway you can support whoever you want to support for any kind of excuse you want to use, however you don't get to spread misinformation about players not being French when nearly all of them were born in France!

Screenshot_2018-07-15-15-09-30.pngScreenshot_2018-07-15-15-09-35.pngScreenshot_2018-07-15-15-09-39.pngScreenshot_2018-07-15-15-09-43.pngScreenshot_2018-07-15-15-09-47.png

VH Redux

What's your reference for this? Because nearly all players on the French national team were actually born in France and some of them are not even taking any earnings and instead donating them to charity because "there is no bigger honor than playing for one's country and it should be done for free"

Anyway you can support whoever you want to support for any kind of excuse you want to use, however you don't get to spread misinformation about players not being French when nearly all of them were born in France!

View attachment 10670View attachment 10671View attachment 10672View attachment 10673View attachment 10674
That's a French dude below. Do these players in the NT look French? Fak no. They're imported talent. Shame.

french-person-featured.jpg

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
you can rest assured this is not the problem at all. the Lebanese basket ball clubs are also doing the same things and instead of encouraging local talents they are importing MBA players from the USA to Lebanon to win them the local games, politics and corruption play a role, but there is much more to it than that.
These people have passed their useby dates or are simply not worth much and cannot get better pay in their own countries. So technically they are using the small change available in the Lebanese league while on holidays. They have no intention to change citizenship.
On the other hand, why should a very talented conganize not live in luxury wherever he can as well as gaurantee post career benefits in a first world country ?

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

View attachment 10670View attachment 10671View attachment 10672View attachment 10673View attachment 10674
Good point, they would pass the new 10 year rule I'm instating :)

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
If the 10 year rule is instated, they'd be paying them and training them so they can turn around and kick their asses every four years :)
it seems there is a 5 years rule in place, still counts for something.
  • Players with no blood connection to a country are only allowed to represent it if they have lived and played there for five years

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

you are right, i took the time to investigate and it is not as severe a case as i first had the impression, i was thrown off by an article i was sent that insinuated other wise and quoting:

France’s Africa contingent at 2018 World Cup:​
Kylian Mbappe – Cameroon / Algeria roots​
Paul Pogba – Guinea​
Steve Mandanda – Democratic Republic of Congo​
Blaise Matuidi – Angola / Congo​
Ngolo Kante – Mali​
Ousmane Dembele – Senegal, Mali, Mauritania​
Nabil Fekir – Algerian​
Samuel Umtiti – Cameroon​
Adil Rami – Morocco​
Benjamin Mendy – Senegal​
Djibril Sidibe – Senegal​
Presnel Kimpembe – Democratic Republic of Congo​

and though there is still a problematic here, it is not as i originally perceived it.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
you are right, i took the time to investigate and it is as severe a case as i first had the impression, i was thrown of by an article that insinuated other wise. but regardless, there is still a problematic here.

I don't see the problem to be honest

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
I've never been more invested in the outcome of a worldcup final! I went to brunch with my girlfriends today and everyone I passed by in the metro or on the way to the restaurant was dressed in bleu blanc rouge and celebrating! The excitement is real and so palpable! It would suck if all these people's hopes come crashing down tonight! I hope we get to celebrate till the sun comes out ?

Go France!!!

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
These people have passed their useby dates or are simply not worth much and cannot get better pay in their own countries. So technically they are using the small change available in the Lebanese league while on holidays. They have no intention to change citizenship.
On the other hand, why should a very talented conganize not live in luxury wherever he can as well as gaurantee post career benefits in a first world country ?
because given the potential and the resources of countries like congo, their citizens should be the ones living in luxury in their own countries. given its natural resources and should not have to seek a better life elsewhere. congo should be one of the richest countries in the world, uranium, oil, copper, gold, diamonds, etc... you name it, they have it all. but they are at the mercy of the interests and greed of western corporations.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
you are right, i took the time to investigate and it is not as severe a case as i first had the impression, i was thrown off by an article i was sent that insinuated other wise and quoting:

France’s Africa contingent at 2018 World Cup:​
Kylian Mbappe – Cameroon / Algeria roots​
Paul Pogba – Guinea​
Steve Mandanda – Democratic Republic of Congo​
Blaise Matuidi – Angola / Congo​
Ngolo Kante – Mali​
Ousmane Dembele – Senegal, Mali, Mauritania​
Nabil Fekir – Algerian​
Samuel Umtiti – Cameroon​
Adil Rami – Morocco​
Benjamin Mendy – Senegal​
Djibril Sidibe – Senegal​
Presnel Kimpembe – Democratic Republic of Congo​

and though there is still a problematic here, it is not as i originally perceived it.
@Isabella watch and learn. This is how easy it is to be ok about being wrong every now and again, and learn in the process :) no big deal, and no need to throw fits and run in circles :)

L'arbalette

Thanks for posting but don't waste your time on haters and racists. People born in a country, raised in that country, trained in that country are now no longer "really" French, because of the color of their skin, their name, or their religion. Even for example when their parents are from the Martinique ;-).

If people are ignorant, you don't need to bother educating them. Let them be. They probably don't know that Kopa's grand parents came to France from Poland, that Platini's family came from Italy, that Tigana was born in Mali, etc. But they're all French, and that's the beauty of developed people... The Croatians, of course, are known for their openness and tolerance... just remember the Oustashi regime. Come to think of it, it makes sense that all the extremist lebanese christians would support croatia.

Focus your energy, first on the game, then on your baby :).

Allez les bleus, Fier d'etre bleu!

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Thanks for posting but don't waste your time on haters and racists. People born in a country, raised in that country, trained in that country are now no longer "really" French, because of the color of their skin, their name, or their religion. Even for example when their parents are from the Martinique ;-).

If people are ignorant, you don't need to bother educating them. Let them be. They probably don't know that Kopa's grand parents came to France from Poland, that Platini's family came from Italy, that Tigana was born in Mali, etc. But they're all French, and that's the beauty of developed people... The Croatians, of course, are known for their openness and tolerance... just remember the Oustashi regime. Come to think of it, it makes sense that all the extremist lebanese christians would support croatia.

Focus your energy, first on the game, then on your baby :).

Allez les bleus, Fier d'etre bleu!
DA actually was comfortable saying he was wrong as he thought most of them were recent imigrants, but you come here with a pathetic passive aggressive dumb ass rant :)

Let's see if you are confident enough to admit you're simply ranting to rant...

L'arbalette

DA actually was comfortable saying he was wrong as he thought most of them were recent imigrants, but you come here with a pathetic passive aggressive dumb ass rant :)

Let's see if you are confident enough to admit you're simply ranting to rant...
Are you still giving advice about France ? And you are now focused on becoming Dark Angel's attorney? Quite the Renaissance Man

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Are you still giving advice about France ? And you are now focused on becoming Dark Angel's attorney? Quite the Renaissance Man
What was wrong with my advice on France? I actually helped the guy a bit, by his own admission :)

Is it a sin to post something in support of DA? :)