First God ever worshiped was the Mother Goddess

• Thread starter 𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼
  • Start date
NiceV

NiceV

true but some priests and majdugorje dogma are promoting that mary will stop ww3 and will establish world peace

that is simply not true and nowhere in the new testament something like that is written

that is the role of jesus according to the bible
Saint JP 2 the most amazing figure of the 20 th century credit the lady of Fatima in saving his life and restoring Christianity to Russia

• Advertisement
  • Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    This will help

Book cover for The Virgin: Mary's Cult and the Re-Emergence of the Goddess's Cult and the Re-Emergence of the Goddess
    Book details
    The Virgin: Mary's Cult and the Re-Emergence of the Goddess
    by Geoffrey Ashe
    3.52 25 ratings 4 reviews
    Want to Read
    Rate

Write a review
    The mother of Christ has taken various forms throughout the centuries—among them are the Blessed Virgin, the Queen of Heaven, the Madonna, and the spiritual mother of all the faithful. Yet despite her high enthronement in the Catholic Church, Mary, as both chaste goddess and earth mother, has her origins in pre-Christian religions, of which the chief deities were female. In this masterly exploration of the cult of Mary, Geoffrey Ashe examines ancinet myths, theology, history, literature, and feminine spirituality to throw new light on the role of Mary in today's Church. Tracing the cult from its origins to the present day with the resubordination of Mary to Christ, this remarkable book also illuminates the spiritual battle of the sexes, a conflict that remains unresolved to this day. Less
    just do not show this to a real christian... mary is never to b compared to old goddesses

u r degrading her status by doing this

VH Redux

VH Redux

Saint JP 2 the most amazing figure of the 20 th century credit the lady of Fatima in saving his life and restoring Christianity to Russia
    hes wrong and unbiblical

ussr fell for numerous political reasons and was replaced by american protestant christian zionist hegemony

VH Redux

VH Redux

i dont believe in the bible ive read it twice in my life and nowhere in there does it mention that mary has that kind of special power

this is a modern emergence that started in portugal and everyone was in awe of it so the church accepted it because so many people are flocking to lady fatima and medjugorje

NiceV

NiceV

i dont believe in the bible ive read it twice in my life and nowhere in there does it mention that mary has that kind of special power

this is a modern emergence that started in portugal and everyone was in awe of it so the church accepted it because so many people are flocking to lady fatima and medjugorje
    It started very soon In Christianity
    Notre dame in France is the Virgin Mary
    Anyway respect for all opinions

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member

weird for me... it is the first time we both agree on something

:cool:

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    anw the initial film posted in this thread has nothing to do with virgin mary

i am not sure u watched the film. of ahmad zayed... if u didn't i rly urge u to do it and discuss the subject after

VH Redux

VH Redux

it may have started after jesus but during jesus and nowhere in the bible something like this is mentioned

NiceV

NiceV

I will resume my point and move
    -Virgin Mary replaced Mother Goddess in people imagination
    - we as Christians we worship Jesus and we Venerate Mary but for a person who pray what is the difference almost none
    - Mary has more shrines and popular appeal than any other figures in Christianity including Jesus not because people place her before Jesus but because the best road to Jesus is through his divine. Mother the queen of heaven who was born without a sin and who was elevated to heaven in her purity
    - Islam consider Mary the most important female figure in the world

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I wish we still had gods and goddesses. Monotheism became a bit schizophrenic in its pursuit of catering to all needs. Having Gods and Goddesses with specific roles can also be of help to the one god that wants to look after everything.

VH Redux

VH Redux

I wish we still had gods and goddesses. Monotheism became a bit schizophrenic in its pursuit of catering to all needs. Having Gods and Goddesses with specific roles can also be of help to the one god that wants to look after everything.
    woudnt that spiral the society out of control?

homo gods vs straight gods

god of death vs god of altruism

everyone has the liberty to create his own god and theology

that would be chaos

reduction and centralization of gods is more stable

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    woudnt that spiral the society out of control?

homo gods vs straight gods

god of death vs god of altruism

everyone has the liberty to create his own god and theology

that would be chaos

reduction and centralization of gods is more stable
    Why should it spiral society out of control? If you are worried We could have an administrative god whose job is to prevent chaos. The current one seems to be turning a blind eye.
    Decentralise L2louhieh. Look at the bright side if you have a party leader fit to be a god, we can add him to the collection.

VH Redux

VH Redux

Why should it spiral society out of control? If you are worried We could have an administrative god whose job is to prevent chaos. The current one seems to be turning a blind eye.
    Decentralise L2louhieh. Look at the bright side if you have a party leader fit to be a god, we can add him to the collection.
    the roman way? create a pantheon and keep adding religions and gods to it

what would it differ our current situation? every political party has a god and disciples that fight for the hegemony and victory of their specific god

NewLeb

NewLeb

The One God already has “help” in the form of angels.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    the roman way? create a pantheon and keep adding religions and gods to it

what would it differ our current situation? every political party has a god and disciples that fight for the hegemony and victory of their specific god
    why are you so narrow minded and restricted to ur lebanese dekene?

roman pantheon style religions would bring countless festivals and weird venerations to everyday life, who in their right minds would say no to a Bacchus like festival, aphrodite week, mars tournament...

too tame and too lame

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    why are you so narrow minded and restricted to ur lebanese dekene?

roman pantheon style religions would bring countless festivals and weird venerations to everyday life, who in their right minds would say no to a Bacchus like festival, aphrodite week, mars tournament...

too tame and too lame
    What would Aphrodite week involve 👀?