Flat Earth vs Spherical Earth

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
According to your friend Neil de grasse it is pear shaped :)

never in my whole life i have ever been taught, heard or believed that the earth is a perfect sphere. it is a well known FACT that the distance from the center of the earth to the equator is slightly longer than the distance to the poles (just 22 kms difference)

what "my friend" is saying that it is even longer below the equator, which makes it, if exaggerated, pear shaped. frankly that's new to me and THIS may be the subject of a scientific debate, not whether it is flat or cone shaped!!

• Advertisement
  • Noborders

Noborders

Legendary Member
    Ya habibi take a look at the moon and the planets....see for yourself...how planets are.. what is the day and night..what is orbit...etc...ya allah..its like you are in kindergarden...

You do realize that it is still hard for the scientist to determine the actual shape of earth?

never in my whole life i have ever been taught, heard or believed that the earth is a perfect sphere. it is a well known FACT that the distance from the center of the earth to the equator is slightly longer than the distance to the poles (just 22 kms difference)

what "my friend" is saying that it is even longer below the equator, which makes it, if exaggerated, pear shaped. frankly that's new to me and THIS may be the subject of a scientific debate, not whether it is flat or cone shaped!!
    I never claimed it being flat and there is a big difference between cone shaped and egg shaped..
    however earth is shaped I wouldn't be able to answer that more of what I have been hearing from some scientists who could be very wrong and the same goes for you..

Read this article..

---------------------------

What is the shape of the Earth?
    Posted on 2 March 2009 by John

To first approximation, out planet is a sphere. But how accurate is that approximation? What’s a better approximation? How good is that? This post will answer these questions and some related questions.

How well does a sphere describe the Earth’s shape? The Earth’s polar diameter is about 43 kilometers shorter than its equatorial diameter, a difference of about 0.3%.This is due to the equatorial bulge caused by the Earth’s rotation.

What’s a more accurate description of the Earth’s shape? An oblate spheroid.

What is an oblate spheroid? It’s the shape you get by spinning an ellipse around it’s minor axis. That says if you were to take a cross-section of the Earth containing the polar axis, the shape you get would be an ellipse. The polar axis would be the minor axis and the equatorial axis would be the major axis. But if you were to take a cross-section through the equator, or any plane parallel to the equator, you’d get a circle.

What is a prolate spheroid? A prolate spheroid is what you get by spinning an ellipse around its major axis.

What is an ellipsoid? An ellipsoid satisfies the following equation.

A sphere is an ellipsoid with a = b = c. An oblate spheroid is an ellipsoid with a = b > c. A prolate spheroid is an ellipsoid with a = b < c. A scalene ellipsoid is an ellipsoid for which a, b, and c are all distinct.

How good is the oblate spheroid model? The error in approximating the Earth’s shape as an oblate spheroid is less than 100 meters, two orders of magnitude better than the spherical model.

How are other planets shaped? The other planets in our solar system are also oblate spheroids with Saturn being the most oblate: the polar diameter of Saturn is about 10% shorter than its equatorial diameter.

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You do realize that it is still hard for the scientist to determine the actual shape of earth?

I never claimed it being flat and there is a big difference between cone shaped and egg shaped..
    however earth is shaped I wouldn't be able to answer that more of what I have been hearing from some scientists who could be very wrong and the same goes for you..

Read this article..

---------------------------

What is the shape of the Earth?
    Posted on 2 March 2009 by John

To first approximation, out planet is a sphere. But how accurate is that approximation? What’s a better approximation? How good is that? This post will answer these questions and some related questions.

How well does a sphere describe the Earth’s shape? The Earth’s polar diameter is about 43 kilometers shorter than its equatorial diameter, a difference of about 0.3%.This is due to the equatorial bulge caused by the Earth’s rotation.

What’s a more accurate description of the Earth’s shape? An oblate spheroid.

What is an oblate spheroid? It’s the shape you get by spinning an ellipse around it’s minor axis. That says if you were to take a cross-section of the Earth containing the polar axis, the shape you get would be an ellipse. The polar axis would be the minor axis and the equatorial axis would be the major axis. But if you were to take a cross-section through the equator, or any plane parallel to the equator, you’d get a circle.

What is a prolate spheroid? A prolate spheroid is what you get by spinning an ellipse around its major axis.

What is an ellipsoid? An ellipsoid satisfies the following equation.

A sphere is an ellipsoid with a = b = c. An oblate spheroid is an ellipsoid with a = b > c. A prolate spheroid is an ellipsoid with a = b < c. A scalene ellipsoid is an ellipsoid for which a, b, and c are all distinct.

How good is the oblate spheroid model? The error in approximating the Earth’s shape as an oblate spheroid is less than 100 meters, two orders of magnitude better than the spherical model.

How are other planets shaped? The other planets in our solar system are also oblate spheroids with Saturn being the most oblate: the polar diameter of Saturn is about 10% shorter than its equatorial diameter.
    I know you cannot be that dumb to believe that the earth is flat, instead of creating this thread in the lounge with a silly title like this, you could have opened one in the science section where we can talk about the shape of the earth whether it is a perfect sphere, spheroid, egg shaped or pear shaped..

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So it is really interesting how such hot topic in itself exist now days.. when we are all made to believe that earth is round now I have never seen real pictures of earth nor have you.. I would believe most likely that earth is like an egg shape or like a pear shaped maybe..
    To tell you the truth, earth has the shape of a banana, but they'd never admit it, for religious reasons.. kind of embarrassing.. If you know what I mean.:shy:

Noborders

Noborders

Legendary Member
    I know you cannot be that dumb to believe that the earth is flat, instead of creating this thread in the lounge with a silly title like this, you could have opened one in the science section where we can talk about the shape of the earth whether it is a perfect sphere, spheroid, egg shaped or pear shaped..

Well maybe my intention was to debate the actual phenomenon about the increasing number of ppl who are starting to believe that earth is actually flat!

Such phenomena can't just be ignored..

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    The Earth is flat.. don't believe these Zionists akhi @Noborders.

joe tayyar

joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The west always open a subject of debate ta ylahook w ymar2o something else from ta7t tizak. Same for example in Lebanon when they open the subject of 3abadit el shitan ta ymar2o something else from ta7t tizak.. etc..

The moral of the story, ntibih 3a tizak :p

Noborders

Noborders

Legendary Member
    The west always open a subject of debate ta ylahook w ymar2o something else from ta7t tizak. Same for example in Lebanon when they open the subject of 3abadit el shitan ta ymar2o something else from ta7t tizak.. etc..

The moral of the story, ntibih 3a tizak :p

wallah ya joe shaklak 3indak khebra thanks for the warning :alien:

Noborders

Noborders

Legendary Member
    you can call the earth flaters many thing but being dumb is not it..

R

Ralph N

Oh man you will be surprised.. soon he will take some quranic verses and he will make you kaffer because you scientifically prove that the earth is spheric..
    Man you will be surprised .. Do not underestimate the power of Stupidity humans have, like Einstein said it is the second unlimited thing God Created. the other one is the universe..

Noborders

Noborders

Legendary Member
    Oh man you will be surprised.. soon he will take some quranic verses and he will make you kaffer because you scientifically prove that the earth is spheric..
    Man you will be surprised .. Do not underestimate the power of Stupidity humans have, like Einstein said it is the second unlimited thing God Created. the other one is the universe..

I love how desperate you are in every comment of yours it have to be about bashing Muslims and making dumb unnecessary comments all the time!

Now someone like you can fit the definition of a dumb boy...

Agreed, but only because 'dumb' fits under the definition of 'batshit crazy motherfuckers'.
    Ya that is something that would fit in with an flat earther

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    gone are the days where people used to be wrong about one thing at a time.

where is galadriel when you need her.

Noborders

Noborders

Legendary Member
    This Weird Globe-Folding Map Isn’t Perfect, But It’s Close

CREATING A PROPORTIONAL map of the world is tricky because the world is a sphere and a map is flat. That creates visual distortions, which explains why Mercator projections shrink Africa and super-size Greenland. Designer Hajime Narukawa found a clever solution to this problem: triangles.

Narukawa’s AuthaGraph World Map, which recently won the grand prize in Japan’s biggest design competition, retains the proportions of the continents and oceans—so much so that you can fold it into a three-dimensional globe. Like magic! He achieved this by dividing the globe into 96 triangles and projecting them onto a tetrahedron, preserving the proportions of water and land. Then he unfolded the tetrahedron into a rectangle, where the 96 sections created a map resembling the surface of the original globe, only flat.

The general shapes of the continents are consistent with more familiar maps, but their orientation is not. On the AuthaGraph Map, continents curve upward like a smile. Africa and the Americas look like they swapped places. And longitude and latitude are no longer a tidy grid. But all maps require tradeoffs. You want an equal area map? Prepare for distortion. You want a Mercator? You’re living a lie. The AuthaGraph isn’t perfect—the creators concede that it needs “a further step to increase a number of subdivision for improving its accuracy to be officially called an area-equal map” the project creators write on their website—but it’s pretty damn close.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    you can call the earth flaters many thing but being dumb is not it..

1. Yes he is stupid! He is presenting false information as facts!

In regards to 1, he totally does not understand how gyroscopes work! Gyroscopes mainly Foucault's gyroscope were first used to actually demonstrate that the earth is rotating, his pendulum used to prove the earth is rotating was considered insufficient, so he used a gyroscope to prove it! people who believe in flat earth also believe that the earth is standing still!

This is a video explaining how Foucault's pendulum shows the earth's rotation:

And one in timelapse:

I'm providing the Wikipedia page for the gyroscope, it's in French you look for the English one Gyroscope — Wikipédia

2. Why is there land at the equator ? Wtf?

3. Yes by observing the stars you can see the stars moving about around polaris how the f*Ck does he explain that ? The apparent motion of the stars is ****ing caused by the earth's rotation! It's not proof that the earth is not moving it's the other way around! If you explain the fact that the we have a day and a night by the sun moving around the earth how the hell do you explain the rest of the stars doing so? And why is there one star that does not ****ing budge ?

This is a video showing a timelapse experience around Polaris
    Polaris "does not move " because it's currently lined up with the earth's spin axis.. how the hell do you explain the rest of the stars moving you ****ing idiot? Oh yeah simple the earth doesn't rotate apparently! The earth is rotating on its own axis and also around the sun... How the hell do you explain a change of seasons btw, the different phases of the moon, just the fact that we have days and years???

If the earth isn't spherical btw how do you explain the shadow in a lunar eclipse being round? The only object in the known universe that always projects a round shadow is a sphere!

If the earth is flat why do you see different stars in different parts of the world? The constellations in the northern and southern hemispheres for example are totally different... How do flat earthers explain that ? If the earth is freaking flat why do you see ships emerging from the sea, first smaller then bigger and bigger? If the earth is freaking flat how do you explain the fact that you can absolutely see the curvature of the earth from a plane with your own goddamn eyes? Or how do you explain that you can see further into the horizon from a higher spot for that matter?

I think I watched the first 3 minutes of this video but stupidity mascarading as knowledge pisses me off! This idiot can **** off, and he absolutely is a dumb sob!

Noborders

Noborders

Legendary Member
    1. Yes he is stupid! He is presenting false information as facts!

In regards to 1, he totally does not understand how gyroscopes work! Gyroscopes mainly Foucault's gyroscope were first used to actually demonstrate that the earth is rotating, his pendulum used to prove the earth is rotating was considered insufficient, so he used a gyroscope to prove it! people who believe in flat earth also believe that the earth is standing still!

This is a video explaining how Foucault's pendulum shows the earth's rotation:

And one in timelapse:

I'm providing the Wikipedia page for the gyroscope, it's in French you look for the English one Gyroscope — Wikipédia

2. Why is there land at the equator ? Wtf?

3. Yes by observing the stars you can see the stars moving about around polaris how the f*Ck does he explain that ? The apparent motion of the stars is ****ing caused by the earth's rotation! It's not proof that the earth is not moving it's the other way around! If you explain the fact that the we have a day and a night by the sun moving around the earth how the hell do you explain the rest of the stars doing so? And why is there one star that does not ****ing budge ?

This is a video showing a timelapse experience around Polaris
    Polaris "does not move " because it's currently lined up with the earth's spin axis.. how the hell do you explain the rest of the stars moving you ****ing idiot? Oh yeah simple the earth doesn't rotate apparently! The earth is rotating on its own axis and also around the sun... How the hell do you explain a change of seasons btw, the different phases of the moon, just the fact that we have days and years???

If the earth isn't spherical btw how do you explain the shadow in a lunar eclipse being round? The only object in the known universe that always projects a round shadow is a sphere!

If the earth is flat why do you see different stars in different parts of the world? The constellations in the northern and southern hemispheres for example are totally different... How do flat earthers explain that ? If the earth is freaking flat why do you see ships emerging from the sea, first smaller then bigger and bigger? If the earth is freaking flat how do you explain the fact that you can absolutely see the curvature of the earth from a plane with your own goddamn eyes? Or how do you explain that you can see further into the horizon from a higher spot for that matter?

I think I watched the first 3 minutes of this video but stupidity mascarading as knowledge pisses me off! This idiot can **** off, and he absolutely is a dumb sob!
    WOW this is really getting into you :D
    I think there are actually more important things to talk about than proving that earth is actually spherical or not there are many documentaries that talk about that..

The fact that this is being well spread in the U.S. and growing numbers are starting to accept such believes should tell us something ye3ni why are people doing that and increasing numbers!?

It tells you that some people are having serious trust issues with their government and they are starting to question even all the fundamentals!

Listen to Eddie Bravo the guy is a typical flat-earther who do not trust a shit in other words "A Crazy Mother ****er"

Last edited:
    spacecreature

spacecreature

Don't tell me that this response doesn't make you suspicious