Flat Earth vs Spherical Earth

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    This thread is too hard to read through..

The worst thing abt this is that people accepting and turning to alternative theories only means that these same people are going to seek more religious answers down the line to fill the void that these idiotic theories will leave behind after they dissipate because they are too lazy to go read a book about a subject, or at least ask for help to figure out whats going on.

@spacecreature in all honesty and with no offence meant, what is ur educational background and when was the last time u read a book or article talking abt science?
    Also anybody else reading this and believe in flat earth, feel free to answer my question.

Disclaimer: Utube videos dont count, utube is the cancer of knowledge because people never question the content nor ask for references.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    gone are the days where people used to be wrong about one thing at a time.

where is galadriel when you need her.

For some reason whenver i watch a part of the movies or stumble on an excerpt from the books i am filled with joy, thank you @Dark Angel
    now i just to fight the urge to start reading :)

spacecreature

spacecreature

This thread is too hard to read through..

The worst thing abt this is that people accepting and turning to alternative theories only means that these same people are going to seek more religious answers down the line to fill the void that these idiotic theories will leave behind after they dissipate because they are too lazy to go read a book about a subject, or at least ask for help to figure out whats going on.

@spacecreature in all honesty and with no offence meant, what is ur educational background and when was the last time u read a book or article talking abt science?
    Also anybody else reading this and believe in flat earth, feel free to answer my question.

Disclaimer: Utube videos dont count, utube is the cancer of knowledge because people never question the content nor ask for references.
    No offence taken (I too initially laughed saying it was crazy), but you don't need a PHD to feel something is not quite right . I just have a bachelor's degree from AUB and no it's not in science. I am not saying the Earth is flat, I have been taught otherwise obviously but that's just it I learned that since school n never really questioned it, and now that I think about it most of it was presented as theories or I mean they never really proved anything it was more like ok this is how it is .. I am just saying some things are just weird, like the fact we don't have an actual image of the globe, all images are CGI! There is not 1 actual image taken from far to get a complete shot of the globe. Don't you find that weird?? ALL of them are composites or manipulated NO exceptions ! I just find that odd that with all the technology we have we can't seem to do that.

Last edited:
    My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No offence taken (I too initially laughed saying it was crazy), but you don't need a PHD to feel something is not quite right . I just have a bachelor's degree from AUB and no it's not in science. I am not saying the Earth is flat, I have been taught otherwise obviously but that's just it I learned that since school n never really questioned it, and now that I think about it most of it was presented as theories or I mean they never really proved anything it was more like ok this is how it is .. I am just saying some things are just weird, like the fact we don't have an actual image of the globe, all images are CGI! There is not 1 actual image taken from far to get a complete shot of the globe. Don't you find that weird?? ALL of them are composites or manipulated NO exceptions ! I just find that odd that with all the technology we have we can't seem to do that.
    Alright, all accepted laws of physics aside, you want to use direct eye sight?
    You look at the moon, the sun and all the planets in you solar neighborhood, with your naked eyes or through a big telescope: All elliptical or spherical, no flat things there.
    What makes you think planet earth is different?

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Alright, all accepted laws of physics aside, you want to use direct eye sight?
    You look at the moon, the sun and all the planets in you solar neighborhood, with your naked eyes or through a big telescope: All elliptical or spherical, no flat things there.
    What makes you think planet earth is different?
    Very good point,
    @spacecreature suppose the earth is flat as claimed, since now we can fly everywhere in a matter of hours. haven't anyone gone to the limits of earth and took pictures ??? :D

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Does that sound like a scientific answer to you? Even a 10 year old can come up with a better one.
    He's an astronaut who has been to space he was asked this question as an eye witness!

Seriously though Pythagoras theorised that since the moon and the sun are spherical then the earth must be as well in 500 BC, and Aristotle made some compelling arguments for the earth being spherical in 320 BC... these intellectuals did not have your education nor actual photos of the earth from space... They relied on basic observations and logical deductions to determine the shape of the earth! Stop listening to idiots on YouTube and watch this instead (will be providing a video explaining how Aristotle determined the earth was spherical in 320 BC as soon as I find one)

Hey look at this I actually found a video where the woman explains it very well! Here check out how Aristotle proved the earth is spherical using nothing other than observation and logical deductions!!!

Last edited:
    Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    Thx for ur answer, im just gonna answer the photograph part for now. There are technical limitations for onboard cameras flown into space that can work in that environment, most are semi optical with digital refining that capture only frames of data sent to nasa yo be merged into a single picture later.

Now if we put aside evil nasa, who else can we trust other than the true puoneers of space? The soviets.

Here:

This is a pucture from the soviet lunar exploration sattelite Zond-7

This one from zomf-8 pristine condition shot, notjing reworked

To give you an idea this is how space photography works in order to get a fullscale image:
    IMG_4235.JPG

This is an imsge of venus from the venera 16 mission, strips of data are taken then scotched back together depending on the angle and type of the lens, some are ellipdoid other are linear strips.

U can find many other magnificient soviet pictures on this site and learn abt the photography details and specs of the pics from this site:
    Soviet Space Image Catalog

A last pic from the appolo 16 command module:

Can u see the curve? :)

Dont confuse technical limitations with conspiracy theories

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    you do not need any physics experiments nor any photos from outer space. you can simply follow the time zones around earth to realize it is spherical. you can even follow the sunset around the globe, from one country to the next. and if you happen to be flying, and at the right speed, you keep seeing the sunset until you run out of fuel and crash.

if you dont beleive me just pick up the phone and call someone in china and ask them what time it is.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

A last pic from the appolo 16 command module:

Can u see the curve? :)

Dont confuse technical limitations with conspiracy theories
    according to weissedel from the flatearth society, please understand, (seriously, try to understand :p and you'll see how convoluted this is o_O we're only scratching the surface) :

Understand:
    What matters is what causes the moon to be lit. It is not a luminous rock, that's ridiculous. It is part of the dome that covers the Earth, and the migratory route of the animals that live on the dome. Do you think life could only reach the floor of the disc? Climbing is easy. They live in darkness, so they remain lit. They move in a predictable path, a migration, and aren't all lit at once. We see the same group, which is why it looks similar, but different aspects light up at different times. Lunar eclipses are probably mating season, or some equivalent.
    There is no moon per se, disc or otherwise.
    (source)​
    so, in short we are life forms under the dome :p there are other life forms over it, and they live in darkness, they move in a predictable migratory path, and the lunar eclipses are "probably" - and in contrast to the other certainties - their mating season, "or something equivalent" - this equivalency is the real brain kicker :lol:

and since you like the extracts from the movies, this is a bonus one for you.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    With a name like @spacecreature one would think you would be an expert on this :) unless you meant @spacedoutcreature and went for brevity :) or maybe a space cadet? :) Love the way the name plays out in this thread.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    @spacecreature please don't walk around in real life telling people to "think about it" :) keep it here in this forum. You're safer here :)

spacecreature

spacecreature

@joseph_lubnan your sense of humor was never one of you strong points , give it a rest.

Mozz

Mozz

@joseph_lubnan your sense of humor was never one of you strong points , give it a rest.
    I really think he is very funny.

That being said, i think the earth is square and sometimes it just rolls over like big fat man rolling on his bed (which explains earthquakes)

Nonan

Nonan

Lol I got lost on the dark side of YouTube a while back and stumbled onto so many theories about lizard people enslaving humanity, flat earth, new world order and you know all kinds of crap...

At a certain point, when things like this start making sense to you, you absolutely must put down the pot! If you're not high, please consult with a psychiatrist! If you're not exhibiting paranoia, then you sir are just stupid, and should not be making videos on YouTube spreading your insane theories!

The earth is not flat! If you willingly choose to ignore an overwhelming amount of scientific evidence, not to mention the ridiculous amount of pictures of earth from space (found simply by performing a Google search if you've never been to science class in school) in order to ask but why does the horizon look like a straight line? And why can't I see the curvature of the earth? Without actually bothering to hear the answers explaining why you can't see the curvature of the earth or why the horizon looks flat... And use that as basis for a theory that's as crazy as lizard people enslaving humanity under the cult of Lucifer through a new world order... I'm sorry you're not only stupid but you're also not worth the very oxygen you breathe!
    How do you know these pictures are not fake? From where I stand, the earth looks flat to me. The question is why do”they” not want us to know it is flat? What are they hiding at the edges of the earth? That is the real question. We know the earth is flat, but what is there on the edges and on the other side!

Nonan

Nonan

. Heck, i can now bring you hundreds of google sources talking about Elvis Presley being an Alien. Do you believe this to ?
    That is a fact too. No human hips can do what he does!

spacecreature

spacecreature

Before you people start to bombarding me with your insults I'm not taking any side in this but currently this is a hot debate among many people about the shape of Earth and some of you probably heard about this already..

The belief in flat earth is not only among some religious Christians or Muslims who believe strongly that earth is flat but also among non-religious people!

So it is really interesting how such hot topic in itself exist now days.. when we are all made to believe that earth is round now I have never seen real pictures of earth nor have you.. I would believe most likely that earth is like an egg shape or like a pear shaped maybe..

So lets bring it to the oroom and look at what other people are saying about this... just for fun and stay relaxed no need for insults and name calling ;)