• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Forensic Audit: التدقيق الجنائي; Discussions and Updates. Thank You GMA for insisting!!!

Do you support GMA: BDL Forensic Audit is key to identify and fix corruption and the economy?

• Total voters

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is not a fact. No offense, but the fact that you think this is a fact makes me very apprehensive about participating in a political dicussion with you about the topic.

Also, what proof do you have against Kanaan, again?
Seems Trump has adepts all over the world!
If the dire situation is not a fact for you, then you must be living in an alternative reality... Enjoy.
But here is a thing for you, your boss tonight admits that the situation is not good.
He is telling us this after 4 years of his presidency...
This might not be a fact neither, who knows.
As for Kanaan, what about asking Nejm who is also on the same political camp...
Anyway if you are happy with the situation let it be...

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
His push contributed to weaken the government’s hand and the reformists who quit in disgust. He is a key ring in the overall conspiracy. The government plan is a whole. If you attack parts of it you impact the credibility of the whole.he also personally attacked the cession the government experts
I personally think there is a difference between pushing for the bank’s interests and protecting the criminals and corrupts. To my knowledge he was not involved in the forensic audit.

That said and this definitely not you, but this Lebanese logic of pinning the blame on the one who tried to do something under the auspices of “incompetence” while clearly letting the corrupt of the hook is nauseating to say the least. That’s how we ended up with a shot pile of a country.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Not much different than in social media, the landscape on this forum consists of 80% full time active trolls and recruited electronic army on a mission, 10% weak souls looking for an excuse to bail out and surrender and 10% who happened to represent the silent majority in our society trying to understand what’s wrong with those 90% who can’t see all the giant elephants in the room like Salameh, Hariri and Berri with his long arm Wazni. Instead they are trying to distract us with bystanders like Ibrahim Kanaan with the sole purpose to smear the FPM wile dismissing the fact that Forensic Audit is the child of the very father of the FPM…

Ibrahim Kanaan might be guilty of some sort but until now I was not able to find a proof against him but even if he did something wrong, how did all the hypocrites and idiots miss, ignore and no longer bring up names like Salameh, Hariri, Berri and Wazni himself who gave GMA so much trouble ignoring his directions by cheating and modifying the government contract with A&M behind his back and continuously stonewalling them that lead them to distrust and dismiss the seriousness of the Lebanese government.

Some times you wonder what kind of morons we are interacting with when all they can come up with things like: “Why did he start the Forensic Audit if he knew he could not win against them” or “He should quit, they are too powerful” and by the end of the day GMA and the FPM are the problem and Riad Salameh and the mafia protecting him should be left alone..

Those who don’t know GMA well enough I can reassure them the Forensic Audit will not go away as long as GMA is President.
So I guess I’m one of the 10% of weak souls (unless you think I’m a troll). I don’t pretend to doubt your impeccable logic but maybe you are missing one aspect and that is expectations. I doubt anyone on the forum who supported or supports Aoun had any expectations regarding Wazni or Berri or Salameh or Joumblatt, etc (and if they did, they need to have their brains checked). I’d venture to think that they had expectations from Aoun’s own party, hence why the betrayal of Kan3an stings. But if this is too hard to understand, please feel free to ignore the post.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I personally think there is a difference between pushing for the bank’s interests and protecting the criminals and corrupts. To my knowledge he was not involved in the forensic audit.

That said and this definitely not you, but this Lebanese logic of pinning the blame on the one who tried to do something under the auspices of “incompetence” while clearly letting the corrupt of the hook is nauseating to say the least. That’s how we ended up with a shot pile of a country.
See my post above. I am entitled to expect more from an FPM MP than from known criminals. For me, Kan3an opted to join the corrupt party. It is his choice.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
See my post above. I am entitled to expect more from an FPM MP than from known criminals. For me, Kan3an opted to join the corrupt party. It is his choice.
Seriously, what's Kanaan's alleged wrongdoing, here? I am very critical of the way he fired shots on Marie-Claude Nejm, and I have my reservations regarding how serious he is about doing his assigned parliamentary role "objectively", but it's not like Kanaan has done some grand betrayal. What am I missing?

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Seriously, what's Kanaan's alleged wrongdoing, here? I am very critical of the way he fired shots on Marie-Claude Nejm, and I have my reservations regarding how serious he is about doing his assigned parliamentary role "objectively", but it's not like Kanaan has done some grand betrayal. What am I missing?
Opposing the plan of the government and supporting that of the banks.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It seems we need to change the majority of the people, its their fault, they protected their za3eem who is ripping them off. I was very happy that besri dam was stopped, and now I even more happier with torpedoing the forensic audit. Heik sha3b byiswa sirmeyeh and they dont deserve someone to work for them. The future will tell that the majority of the people will regret not supporting aoun in that past year! Sha3b khara! La daynteh iza byirja3!

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
To be clear I am not defending his actions in any way and he definitely weteh kteer bi 3ayneh.

I just didn’t see him act against the forensic audit which is a separate issue.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It seems we need to change the majority of the people, its their fault, they protected their za3eem who is ripping them off. I was very happy that besri dam was stopped, and now I even more happier with torpedoing the forensic audit. Heik sha3b byiswa sirmeyeh and they dont deserve someone to work for them. The future will tell that the majority of the people will regret not supporting aoun in that past year! Sha3b khara! La daynteh iza byirja3!
Sha3eb khara mazbout... but as if you are not supporting your za3im...
Bel zamenet istez, Aoun sided Charbel Nahhas, because of incompatible policies...
Today Ibrahim Kanaan was instrumental in torpedoing the IMF negotiation and the Forensic Audit, still he is in tayyar...
Which means it is all role play

Viral

So I guess I’m one of the 10% of weak souls (unless you think I’m a troll). I don’t pretend to doubt your impeccable logic but maybe you are missing one aspect and that is expectations. I doubt anyone on the forum who supported or supports Aoun had any expectations regarding Wazni or Berri or Salameh or Joumblatt, etc (and if they did, they need to have their brains checked). I’d venture to think that they had expectations from Aoun’s own party, hence why the betrayal of Kan3an stings. But if this is too hard to understand, please feel free to ignore the post.
I’m replying to you so I don’t believe you’re a troll…

You are jamming the airwave (like the trolls do without you realizing it) to express your personal issue about an assumed disappointment that most of us might feel the same way about but this is not the time to take our eyes off the ball. Lebanon is surrounded and under attack from the inside out by a super power. It’s like the ship is sinking and you’re busy shining your shoes.

The only hope we have left is GMA’s insistence on not giving up in signing off the wealth and rights of this country and its future generations to our southern neighbor. We should all support him and make his job easier rather than fighting inside the house. We can deal with our little issues later.

Our anger should be directed exclusively at Riad Salameh and his notorious mafia. Everything else can be dealt with when time comes.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Opposing the plan of the government and supporting that of the banks.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Kanaan's parliamentary committee tried to find a middle ground between the government's numbers and the bank's numbers. The banks didn't have a plan, if I'm not mistaken. He faulted the government for not sitting with the banks and discussing numbers before negotiating with the IMF. **** the banks, but maybe he had a point.

It left a sour taste in my mouth at the time, too. Still, this isn't some great treachery. The man was only doing his parliamentary role.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Sha3eb khara mazbout... but as if you are not supporting your za3im...
Bel zamenet istez, Aoun sided Charbel Nahhas, because of incompatible policies...
Today Ibrahim Kanaan was instrumental in torpedoing the IMF negotiation and the Forensic Audit, still he is in tayyar...
Which means it is all role play
What's funny is that, were Kanaan reprimanded or kicked from the party, the same people complaining about him now would be calling him a hero and Bassil a dictator for "eliminating everyone who is a rival to him".