Forest fires spreading in Lebanon

• Advertisement
  • Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    hanged then petrol
    But if they are hung and then petrol, they can't be burnt alive. They will be burnt dead. Your wish won't come to pass. And burnt alive and then hung them won't also be possible. So you have to choose one: hanging or burning.

Last edited:
    SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    remember when you banned me in the thread of "foresting" by jraisati and the presence of president Aoun?
    when I said, that planting new trees isn't going to solve the problem but making an environment police division
    (not tourism police division)

Be sure to thank Allah and not the "سماء"
    قوم كافرين ألا لعنة الله عليكم
    :cigar:

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    But really @SeaAb , didn't you wonder why it had to rain yesterday?

I checked my weather forecast on my phone and no rain was forecasted. Up to the moment it was lightening in Beirut last night, I checked and still no sign of rain forecasted. Recalling from last year, the first rain fell on the last week of October. Why did rain have to fall, without forecast, on the very day Lebanon was on fire?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    But really @SeaAb , didn't you wonder why it had to rain yesterday?

I checked my weather forecast on my phone and no rain was forecasted. Up to the moment it was lightening in Beirut last night, I checked and still no sign of rain forecasted. Recalling from last year, the first rain fell on the last week of October. Why did rain have to fall, without forecast, on the very day Lebanon was on fire?
    no supernatural magic here

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    I have a feeling they're going after Joseph Aoun

قال النائب سيمون أبي رميا من مجلس النواب: "يا عيب الشوم" على الذي حصل وهل من المعقول أن نكتشف أن طائرات السيكورسكي لا تعمل؟ فالجميع يتحمل المسؤولية".

وأضاف: "في العام 2009 وعلى أثر الحريق الذي اندلع في جبيل، عقدت مؤتمراً صحافياً تطرقت فيه الى المشاكل التي يعاني منها الدفاع المدني".

وسأل: "هل المطلوب من النائب أن يتوجه إلى موقع الحريق وأن يتصل بقائد الجيش وبالإدارات المعنية؟ فهذا الأمر دليل على عدم مسؤولية المسؤولين في هذا الملف".

واردف "أتفهّم الشعب اللبناني عندما يقول أنه قد يئس من السلطة وأطالب أن يكون هناك لجنة تحقيق برلمانية للتحقيق في موضوع طائرات السيكورسكي وتحديد المسؤوليات المتراكمة من كسل وهدر على المستويات كافة".

وتمنى ابي رميا "على المسؤولين عندما يكون لدينا هذا النوع من الأزمات أن لا ندخل في سجالات طائفية ومذهبية".

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I have a feeling they're going after Joseph Aoun

قال النائب سيمون أبي رميا من مجلس النواب: "يا عيب الشوم" على الذي حصل وهل من المعقول أن نكتشف أن طائرات السيكورسكي لا تعمل؟ فالجميع يتحمل المسؤولية".

وأضاف: "في العام 2009 وعلى أثر الحريق الذي اندلع في جبيل، عقدت مؤتمراً صحافياً تطرقت فيه الى المشاكل التي يعاني منها الدفاع المدني".

وسأل: "هل المطلوب من النائب أن يتوجه إلى موقع الحريق وأن يتصل بقائد الجيش وبالإدارات المعنية؟ فهذا الأمر دليل على عدم مسؤولية المسؤولين في هذا الملف".

واردف "أتفهّم الشعب اللبناني عندما يقول أنه قد يئس من السلطة وأطالب أن يكون هناك لجنة تحقيق برلمانية للتحقيق في موضوع طائرات السيكورسكي وتحديد المسؤوليات المتراكمة من كسل وهدر على المستويات كافة".

وتمنى ابي رميا "على المسؤولين عندما يكون لدينا هذا النوع من الأزمات أن لا ندخل في سجالات طائفية ومذهبية".

he is clearly going for the interior ministry’s incompetance for not doing its work, civil defense is their responsibility and not the army..

i dont hav time to keep runnin behind u from thread to thread ?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    he is clearly going for the interior ministry’s incompetance for not doing its work, civil defense is their responsibility and not the army..

i dont hav time to keep runnin behind u from thread to thread ?
    Helicopters and their maintenance are the responsibility of the ministry of defense
    it's the army who operates them

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Helicopters and their maintenance are the responsibility of the ministry of defense
    it's the army who operates them
    the point is its his job to call general aoun.. people in the ministry if interior who supervise the civil defense i dunno who, anyone should be doing it.

people are not taking up their responsibilities

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    the point is its his job to call general aoun.. people in the ministry if interior who supervise the civil defense i dunno who, anyone should be doing it.

people are not taking up their responsibilities
    It’s the job of the minister of defense to provide the budget instead of cutting it down at each occasion
    He should be the one to be taken accountable

he lowered food rations per soldier to 3000 ll per day
    Taxed their pensions
    And barely provided their salaries

pathetic

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

معوّض: اعطيت توجيهات لمؤسسة رينيه معوض لتنظيم مبادرة تحويل الرماد الى تشجير ليبقى اللبناني في أرضه

well done

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

BEIRUT: In the wake of devastating wildfires in Chouf, Aley and Metn, citizens and officials are questioning why three firefighting helicopters purchased for Lebanon in 2009 have been unmaintained and out of service for years.
    President Michel Aoun on Tuesday called for an investigation into "the reasons that led the Sikorsky helicopters to stop operating years ago and to determine responsibility."
    Former Interior Minister Ziad Baroud, who was in office when the helicopters were donated, also called for an investigation into the matter and told The Daily Star that the fires should be a wake-up call for the government to better equip Civil Defense operations.

In 2009, the helicopters were purchased and donated to the government of Lebanon after a coalition of citizens raised about $15 million, Baroud said. The helicopters cost about $13.9 million, Baroud said, and the remaining funding that had been raised was donated to the Army. The Army was put in charge of the helicopters because the Civil Defense does not have pilots, he said.
    From 2009 to 2012, the helicopters were used "very efficiently" in fighting multiple fires, Baroud said.
    "Starting in 2013 – at the time I was not in office any more – I know that we started having problems with the maintenance of the helicopters," he said. "Starting in 2013, only one helicopter was still functional, and the reason [given for] that was, each time, 'We don’t have money for the maintenance.'"
    But, he added, "In my opinion, maintenance is not significant compared to the cost of the fires that we’re having. It’s nothing compared to what we are witnessing now."
    Baroud said he does not fault the Army for the issue, because they were not given the funding to maintain the aircraft. He said an investigation should be done to determine why the funding was withheld.

An Army source said although Army pilots flew them, the helicopters are owned by the Interior Ministry.
    "And the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities didn't fund the appropriate amount for their maintenance," he said. "This is it – this is why they are not working."
    A spokeswoman for current Interior Minister Raya El Hassan told The Daily Star, "The country is in a deficit. There is no money in the treasury – there is no money to do maintenance." She noted that the funding issue went back years, predating Hassan's term.
    A Parliamentary National Defense, Interior and Municipalities Committee report on forest fires published in 2017 included a recommendation that the Finance Ministry secure funding for the helicopters’ maintenance, which the report placed at $600,000 per year.
    According to that report, the Defense Ministry had requested on June 18, 2016, that the Finance Ministry provide $5.2 million in funding for the helicopters, but had not received a response.
    A report by the LBCI television station quoted a military source who questioned the suitability of the Sikorsky helicopters for Lebanon's mountainous terrain.
    Baroud said that regardless, the helicopters should not have been left idle.
    "If they are no good, let’s sell them, let’s replace them. And if they are good, let’s do the maintenance," he said. "They cannot stay at the airport – this is really ridiculous, and people who donated back in 2008, 2009, they should have answers. We all as citizens should have answers: What went wrong? Why are these helicopters not functional?"