• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Forum Members from Pro-FPM to Anti-FPM, what's to blame?

Orange Pantera

Before i start my thread, i want to note that the members are not the main issue here, they are just being used as example.

I have realized several members on this forum who used to be pro-FPM and now are either independents or Anti-FPM.

I can name a few, Joseph Loubnan, Bullet Magnet, Spawn of Cthullu, Bodhisatva, toni662, Wisecookie, SeekNirvana, and others.

Why did those people change their political views, FPM is to be blamed? the Forum is to be blamed? or simply they were not supposed to be in FPM in the first place?

chafic

Orange Pantera said:
Before i start my thread, i want to note that the members are not the main issue here, they are just being used as example.

I have realized several members on this forum who used to be pro-FPM and now are either independents or Anti-FPM.

I can name a few, Joseph Loubnan, Bullet Magnet, Spawn of Cthullu, Bodhisatva, toni662, Wisecookie, SeekNirvana, and others.

Why did those people change their political views, FPM is to be blamed? the Forum is to be blamed? or simply they were not supposed to be in FPM in the first place?

Does FPM mean the principles or the political leadership?
Personally, I think that Aoun, Bassil, Kanaan.... are not FPM anymore...But of course, it's blasphemy to say this about who is supposed to be holding the Holy Grail....

Orange Pantera

Does FPM mean the principles or the political leadership?
Personally, I think that Aoun, Bassil, Kanaan.... are not FPM anymore...But of course, it's blasphemy to say this about who is supposed to be holding the Holy Grail....

Please explain why Aoun, Bassil, Kanaan are not FPM anymore?

†.)

I always had this in my mind :

some people can get nicknames and pics of FPM and actually try to look like FPMers and when it's the time : they show they have turned against FPM for trying to make A CHANGE! it's not about forum members only it's about FPM or any other party in general!

suomynona

I would guess that they're very good FPMers but very bad Aounists.

Wolf

let me speak for myself
cause FPM became like the rest of the other
political parties, the fpm is not brigging anything new to the table!

the fpm used be more vocal , more action oriented movment, not anymore.
the fpm became a reaction movment, which, I, myself not too keen on it.

I hope I shed some light on the matter.

jadm

nice thread , im one of them too , personaly i dont like when GMA defend HA everytime specially when asking him about the arms .
if u do statistics in the chrisitans area about HA arms u will see that most of christians doesnt want HA msala7 , we dont need warsssss anymore , mitil ma daharna syria from lebanon fina ndahir israel from mazeri3 chib3a ! its all politics mich bil 2ouwe .
one more point , when jean aziz asked GMA about l mouraba3at l 2amniye , 3a shouwe ken ra7h ydefi3 3an l da7hye and we all know that HA know who's entering da7hye and whos leaving it , in all the south too from a personal experience before 2006 july war 7hawejiz for HA on the roads asking 3an l hawiye ....... ( in shouf too and in kouraytem kamen im not defending them )
it would be better if GMA made the aggrement with HA without l band about HA arms .

O Brother

Legendary Member
let me speak for myself
cause FPM became like the rest of the other
political parties, the fpm is not brigging anything new to the table!

the fpm used be more vocal , more action oriented movment, not anymore.
the fpm became a reaction movment, which, I, myself not too keen on it.

I hope I shed some light on the matter.

exactly FPM is nothing new to Lebanon anymore that what i always say...

fpm is like any other party in Lebanon based on it sect... totally nothing new to lebanon

i like when i see people stop supporting their leader it makes me happy but i dont like when they change from parrty to another one thinking they are better....

for example from supporting fpm to lf is definitely wrong loool

ecce homo

People and parties evolve, it is absolutely normal that you loose some and win some.

But in Lebanon it’s more than that. Family has a say, you follow dead leaders for some reason and so on... A lot of people are stuck in an old mentality and can not change. Money has a say, it is amazing how certain people change for a couple of dollars.

As for the FPM. Here is a taboo question: How many did leave the FPM after the MOU with HA because it’s viewed as an Islamic party? How many of those who left call themselves Bachirists nowadays?

The FPM was a movement pre 2005 and after that a political party, and a lot of people got lost because they could not relate to the movement when it started to work as a political party…

Venom

Legendary Member
exactly FPM is nothing new to Lebanon anymore that what i always say...

fpm is like any other party in Lebanon based on it sect... totally nothing new to lebanon

i like when i see people stop supporting their leader it makes me happy but i dont like when they change from parrty to another one thinking they are better....

for example from supporting fpm to lf is definitely wrong loool

I don't know what you were expecting from FPM!!!!.....and especially after all the parties wanted to isolate us......

fpm_70652

Everytime i have a little doubt in my faith in the Free Patriotic Movement and in its leaders, i listen to Samir Geagea, Amine Gemayel, Walid Jumblatt, Saad Hariri, Dori Chamoun, Caghlos, Antoine Zahra, ....

Listening to those people, knowing their glorious past is enough to make me regain my faith and support to FPM.

Always Look to the alternatives of FPM, remember their "glorious" past, and i'm sure that u don't regret u're choice of supporting FPM

RamitallicA

Legendary Member

this doesn't mean 6 or 7 users are right and 10 000 user are wrong :smile:
let them find something that does things better than FPM does and I'll follow them / Join them...

Wolf

I don't know what you were expecting from FPM!!!!.....and especially after all the parties wanted to isolate us......

I always get a kick out of such a statment what do you expect from the FPM
how about the other way around - what the FPM is offering at this moment to average joe, which me and LubnanALkawi at this stage.

please be carefull here I am not attacking persons, only views of FPM.

admiral

I have to agree with the members who are saying that FPM became like any other party in Lebanon with nothing new to offer ,

This is why the internal elections should be held asap to give example to all other parties how FPM is the pioneer in applying democracy inside their party .and this step will attract independents to join or become pro FPM .

Mey

Well its not about them changing from Pro-FPM to Anti-FPM, I think its more about changing from Pro-FPM to nuetrals.

Them being criticial of FPM I believe comes from their care about a party they have always supported.

The problem with us Lebanese is that we do not accept criticism, and we are always on the defensive.

Even if someone with a known history as an FPMer on this forum criticizes Aoun, he is made an LFer at many times.

I personally feel that I am an independent now, I am still closer to FPM than others, but not as pro as I was before.

Being an idealist maybe, could not let me handle the pragmatism that FPM fell into, maybe it is what it takes to survive, I don't know, but it is too much pragmatism for an idealist like me.

And I think many of the members whom you gave as examples are idealists too, and thus this is what pushed them a bit away from FPM.

Orange Pantera

Chafic, Wolf, Mey, LubnanAlkawi, and others

Right this moment Saad el Hariri is speaking, a very disgusting and dangerous speech, I don't understand how you can be neutral when there is a danger on Lebanon, a danger on the Future of Lebanon, a danger on the future of your children!

I understand criticism against some people or events, but to sit aside during these crises is not understandable!

taifoon

Firstly, if we stick to those forum friends you mention as example (some absent since some time, some not), i am not sure any one of them would agree on your labeling him/her as FPMer. Not even if you go by the generic and blurred definition of such a heavy attribute.

Secondly before we dare to dig any further on the topic you will need to have accurate data on two main issues:

- Defining the clear boundaries of an FPMer versus FPM supporter versus independent
- Reliable statistics about the distributions and fluctuations of respective category along a certain timeline and events

With less than having these two presets, we'll be playing a guessing game. Therefore i'd be able to declare that your assumptions/conclusions are void and the opposite is true by simply referring to new FPM comers who i can claim were independents or even LFers or PSPers who suddenly saw the light and benefits of peaceful coexistense instead of the futility and destruction of mistrust and sectarian paranoia. Will you be able to deny my claims?

J_Raad1450

Firstly, if we stick to those forum friends you mention as example (some absent since some time, some not), i am not sure any one of them would agree on your labeling him/her as FPMer. Not even if you go by the generic and blurred definition of such a heavy attribute.

Secondly before we dare to dig any further on the topic you will need to have accurate data on two main issues:

- Defining the clear boundaries of an FPMer versus FPM supporter versus independent
- Reliable statistics about the distributions and fluctuations of respective category along a certain timeline and events

With less than having these two presets, we'll be playing a guessing game. Therefore i'd be able to declare that your assumptions/conclusions are void and the opposite is true by simply referring to new FPM comers who i can claim were independents or even LFers who suddenly saw the light and benefits of peaceful coexistense instead of the futility and destruction of mistrust and sectarian paranoia. Will you be able to deny my claims?

THANK YOU TAIFOON..THE WHOLE THREAD IS BUILT ON ASSUMPTIONS AND INTENT OF OTHERS!!!!!!!!

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

With less than having these two presets, we'll be playing a guessing game. Therefore i'd be able to declare that your assumptions/conclusions are void and the opposite is true by simply referring to new FPM comers who i can claim were independents or even LFers or PSPers who suddenly saw the light and benefits of peaceful coexistense instead of the futility and destruction of mistrust and sectarian paranoia. Will you be able to deny my claims?

On the surface you are absolutely correct. However, I think you are missing the core of the thread and simplifying its intent. Let's move away for a moment from the silly debate on whether FPM is losing supporters or not, because none of us will be able to provide conclusive proof. Lets focus instead on whether FPM is losing its principles or not. I will name a few:
* Secular System
* One army, and disarmament of all others
* Anti Feudalism
* Democracy
* Nationalism
* Modernity
* Political reform, and disciplined principle-driven approach to politics

FPM has acted in many ways to undermine most of its own principles since 2005. Most people that were initially attracted to FPM primarily because of its set of professed principles, and by the hope of a different political party, are no longer sympathetic to FPM. The whole thing turned out to be a farce, and the joke was on the poor people. Beware of the independents in 2009, FPM has betrayed most of them.