FPM Catfish Accounts

Mysobalanus

Mysobalanus

FPM catfish accounts like انطونيلا (@antonellasff) on Twitter garner around 15K followers. ( I believe it's a He. He was using many pics of a Brazilian woman for a while now. Now he removed all of them as damage control and is freaking out).

I believe this is the "PartisianGirl" effect. If you're a pretty chick, you get "brownie points" for arguing about politics online. Even if you were as dumb as a cardboard box.

Other groups do have pretty women they heavily retweet and drool over. But to go ahead and catfish your own political supporters? I haven't seen anyone do that but FPM. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Are you sure you're using the term "catfish" properly?

Catfish means to trick someone into a relationship using a fake online persona. Doesn't sound like how you're using it.

And why single out women?
    Plenty of fake accounts on social media spreading propaganda aimed at amplifying division in order to sow civil and social unrest.

Mysobalanus

Mysobalanus

Catfish means to trick someone into a relationship using a fake online persona. Doesn't sound like how you're using it..
    To me, if it swims like a Catfish, bubbles out like a Catfish and looks like a Catfish. It is a Catfish. Even if it is a Political Catfish. I'm using Catfish loosely. To mean someone is pretending to be a chick online. And not interested in debating semantics or feminism.

Plenty of fake accounts on social media spreading propaganda aimed at amplifying division in order to sow civil and social unrest.
    Single out women? Lol. I'm saying a guy is politically catfishing.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

Catfish means to trick someone into a relationship using a fake online persona. Doesn't sound like how you're using it.

Too quick to whip out the feminism banner aren't we Muki? :)

I don't like your name @Mysobalanus I can't but imagine it as My Sobal Anus, and then I keep obsessing on what Sobal means! :lol:

@My Moria Moon I think it's all your fault :)

Last edited:
    Mysobalanus

Mysobalanus

Too quick to whip out the feminism banner aren't we Muki? :)

I don't like your name @Mysobalanus I can't but imagine it as My Sobal Anus, and then I keep obsessing on what Sobal means! :lol:

@My Moria Moon I think it's all your fault :)
    I'm thinking of changing it to Mysobal. The Arabic version of it could be "Sabalaan".