FPM reality post SHN 26/05/2020 speech

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Today we wake up on a new political reality after the public admission of HA that there will be no true corruption fight effort from their part because basically they dont give a rat’s ass abt anything if it interferes with the chiite union peace or their fight against israel.

Once again FPM finds itself on the backfoot, completely isolated in this mess and needs to confront this new political reality, the IMF negotiations are going down the drain with the lebanese delegation’s infighting and contradicting numbers(sabotage?), judicial system so afraid to take any actions that every
file becomes quagmired while politicians hide the culprits.

PMA and FPM need to address this new reality and stop hiding behind their fingers. New solutions need to be thought out, a clear push towards complete decentralization and fiscal independence must be made public, a clear overhaul of the juidicial system must be undertaken along a rigorous purge of the old guard and ball-less judges.

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Today we wake up on a new political reality after the public admission of HA that there will be no true corruption fight effort from their part because basically they dont give a rat’s ass abt anything if it interferes with the chiite union peace or their fight against israel.

Once again FPM finds itself on the backfoot, completely isolated in this mess and needs to confront this new political reality, the IMF negotiations are going down the drain with the lebanese delegation’s infighting and contradicting numbers(sabotage?), judicial system so afraid to take any actions that every

PMA and FPM need to address this new reality and stop hiding behind their fingers. New solutions need to be thought out, a clear push towards complete decentralization and fiscal independence must be made public, a clear overhaul of the juidicial system must be undertaken along a rigorous purge of the old guard and ball-less judges.
    Can we get a link to the speech of SHN.

What exactly did he say that you disagree with? I didnt follow it.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Can we get a link to the speech of SHN.

What exactly did he say that you disagree with? I didnt follow it.
    i do not have a link maybe @SeaAb can supply us with one?

but as i said in my post, nasrallah hinted very clearly yesterday that the big fight is much more important than our local squabbles over corruption.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member

That's not news for most except some fpmers. Many have been repeating this for years and decades.
    Why would The sweaty bearded guy fight corruption when his salary is paid by a foreign enemy state to implement their agenda.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    That's not news for most except some fpmers. Many have been repeating this for years and decades.
    Why would The sweaty bearded guy fight corruption when his salary is paid by a foreign enemy state to implement their agenda.
    great for the others, but this thread is about what fpm can/needs to do, we have a new reality on our hands and we need to deal with it

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    i do not have a link maybe @SeaAb can supply us with one?

but as i said in my post, nasrallah hinted very clearly yesterday that the big fight is much more important than our local squabbles over corruption.
    Disaster of a speech. I call on GMA and FPM to resign immediately and have M8, along with whoever they want to ally with, govern as they see fit. They already are in control of everything and nothing is about to change.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    Even though I don't agree with him that they can't do anything about it, or don't want to, he is right in saying that to be able to fight corruption, the people has to do its part as well. Come elections time, we just can't have the corrupt get the majority. If Berri, Hariri, Joumblatt and co continue to get so much support, then there's just nothing we can do about it. Their influence within the state needs to diminish.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Disaster of a speech. I call on GMA and FPM to resign immediately and have M8, along with whoever they want to ally with, govern as they see fit. They already are in control of everything and nothing is about to change.
    This has been clear for years FPM and HA were not on the same battlefield since GMA was elected (maybe a year or 2 earlier).
    Most probably they were never on the same field and that is why the MOU was built on a few points they have agreed on and that both seem to have given up on helping each others on the concessions made.

I think the discussion needs to be around this. do the points still stand between them?

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    This has been clear for years FPM and HA were not on the same battlefield since GMA was elected (maybe a year or 2 earlier).
    Most probably they were never on the same field and that is why the MOU was built on a few points they have agreed on and that both seem to have given up on helping each others on the concessions made.

I think the discussion needs to be around this. do the points still stand between them?

Bala MOU bala maskhara. It should be nullified right away. We gave it our best shot and lost. Khalas, admit it and move on.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Bala MOU bala maskhara. It should be nullified right away. We gave it our best shot and lost. Khalas, admit it and move on.
    I agree and have agreed for a while. But posting the basis of the alliance is an important point.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    great for the others, but this thread is about what fpm can/needs to do, we have a new reality on our hands and we need to deal with it
    Famine is knocking and you are still watching the bearded mercenary hoping he will save your corruption fight? You must be kidding.

Normally, after decades of such strategic mistakes, the men with honor apologize and resign.

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member

So why did HA promise to fight corruption and started a campaign with MP Fadlallah? Why didn't they say from the beginning that they are unable to participate in reforming the country? What was the benefit of supporting PMA for presidency if they did not have the intention of helping him fight corruption? Aoun's mandate without reforms will be remembered as the worst term ever. Terbee7 jmileh inno wassalou but they abstained to give him a hand knowing that the main agenda of PMA and FPM is change and reform.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Famine is knocking and you are still watching the bearded mercenary hoping he will save your corruption fight? You must be kidding.

Normally, after decades of such strategic mistakes, the men with honor apologize and resign.
    loooool plz have ur cup of coffee and reread wat i wrote than read wat u wrote and come back to me, u understood from wat i wrote that am waiting for hezballah to fight corruption? are u for real?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    So why did HA promise to fight corruption and started a campaign with MP Fadlallah? Why didn't they say from the beginning that they are unable to participate in reforming the country? What was the benefit of supporting PMA for presidency if they did not have the intention of helping him fight corruption? Aoun's mandate without reforms will be remembered as the worst term ever. Terbee7 jmileh inno wassalou but they abstained to give him a hand knowing that the main agenda of PMA and FPM is change and reform.
    stalling, changed priorities after trump moves against iran, hormones.. i dont really know and i dont care at this point.

we should not dwell on the past and move on, brainstorm for new measures and possible solutions. we are alone here time to swallow that pill.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Not to defend Hizbullah (Imam Ali knows how much I hate them), but I think every party in Lebanon has its own political considerations.
    Why is Hizbullah not willing to fight corruption?
    I guess it's for the same reasons FPM extended Nabih Berri's term.
    Like Aoun fears a Maronite-Shiite clash, Hizbullah fears inter-Shiite strife.

So for FPM to scapegoat Hizbullah as an enabler of corruption is kinda rich if you ask me.
    It's too late to pull the ma khallouna neshteghil card.
    Hizbullah has always a been foreign agent that covers for Nabih Berri.
    FPM didn't make this discovery overnight like they're trying to make us believe. They conveniently "found out" after Aoun got elected.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Not to defend Hizbullah (Imam Ali knows how much I hate them), but I think every party in Lebanon has its own political considerations.
    Why is Hizbullah not willing to fight corruption?
    I guess it's for the same reasons FPM extended Nabih Berri's term.
    Like Aoun fears a Maronite-Shiite clash, Hizbullah fears inter-Shiite strife.

So for FPM to scapegoat Hizbullah as an enabler of corruption is kinda rich if you ask me.
    It's too late to pull the ma khallouna neshteghil card.
    Hizbullah has always a been foreign agent that covers for Nabih Berri.
    FPM didn't make this discovery overnight like they're trying to make us believe. They conveniently "found out" after Aoun got elected.
    if its too rich for your taste preserve your $ :D

nobody is scapegoating HA, parties are asserting their priorities and fpm has to adapt to this new state of things.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    loooool plz have ur cup of coffee and reread wat i wrote than read wat u wrote and come back to me, u understood from wat i wrote that am waiting for hezballah to fight corruption? are u for real?
    Why are your posts looking more and more like Hamid's?
    Starting by looool and using cliches like .. come back to me when you are better.

For the rest, explain please who did you expect to give you a hand in your war on corruption. Your political foes?

Resign :)