• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

FPM reality post SHN 26/05/2020 speech

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
I was asking what the problem of our friend @Rafidi is... maybe we need to make the dams Shiite for them to happen...!
You're being facetious, I know, but pretending like nothing was sectarian wasn't getting anyone infrastructure. So maybe making it all explicitly sectarian would get people running water and roads that don't randomly regurgitate soap? "We're going to build 7 dams at the same time, each one for 7 sects in the 7 sectarian cantons and work has to be simultaneous on all of them." I dunno, it has potential for popular buy in at least.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
You're being facetious, I know, but pretending like nothing was sectarian wasn't getting anyone infrastructure. So maybe making it all explicitly sectarian would get people running water and roads that don't randomly regurgitate soap? "We're going to build 7 dams at the same time, each one for 7 sects in the 7 sectarian cantons and work has to be simultaneous on all of them." I dunno, it has potential for popular buy in at least.

Your theory was already tested with FPM's power plants.
3 Power plants, 1 for each sect - it didn't work.
This goes beyond sectarianism

many factors come into play
for example

1- the contractors, in the case above, 3 are required, 1 per party/sect
2- the long term milking and control of said power plant in terms of clientelism and employments for electoral purposes - in this case it would work since Deir 3ammar is located in a Sunni dominated area, Selaata christian and Jiyyeh shiite
3- parallelism. Are those projects being executed and funded together or in sequence (the reason why Selaata faced the uproar since it was supposed to built first and you were right here)
4- The political atmosphere in the country and the reception of said projects (is the party(ies) delivering the project allowed to score a success story or an achievement)
5- miscellaneous reasons involving the lands being purchased and their beneficiaries; or other reasons of that sort.

tl;dr;
It is not as simple as you think it is

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Boukra byinzal sheikh wou Khoury holding hands wou byimche l 7al :)