FPM reality post SHN 26/05/2020 speech

Qandahar

Legendary Member
This is so wrong. Using threats and blackmailing tactics. The more reason this project should be made to fail and not approved. Even if the project is so amazing and I may have nothing against it, using threats and blackmailing tactics aimed at cowing others is wrong and should not be allowed to succeed.

The 3awni movement are simply saying you have to choose between us or berri on this issue!

So basically we have two dogs fighting for the same bone and HA holds the bone in its hand so who should HA throw it to?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
will the son in law dare to flip flop back to this and the way 3amou used to do? :rolleyes:

And we used to say jumblat is 7irbyeh teli3 wala shi 3a jneb ghayrou :lol:

I think this speech was deliberately cut to take that part out of context. He was making an explanation apparently and refuting those claims. No flip flopping actually. He was saying "yes2al shu me3netah"...then the video cuts. Post the full speech.

Qandahar

Legendary Member
I think this speech was deliberately cut to take that part out of context. He was making an explanation apparently and refuting those claims. No flip flopping actually. He was saying "yes2al shu me3netah"...then the video cuts. Post the full speech.

Ya I think you are probably right this was probably not long after mar mkhayel..
Not sure though because he used to be very anti HA before 2005 and used to say stuff like this

Rafidi

Legendary Member
The 3awni movement are simply saying you have to choose between us or berri on this issue!

So basically we have two dogs fighting for the same bone and HA holds the bone in its hand so who should HA throw it to?

I think Sayyed Nasrallah already made it clear in his interview that they dont choose one ally over the other. They would want to draw their allies closer to one another and settle misunderstanding among them but not to the extent of abandoning one for the other.

I think if the FPM are all up in arms and barking and using threats and talking BS about federalism and using blackmailing language and trying to embarrass their allies all because they want a one sided project (which will milk the treasury further) to pass and make it appear like they have imposed a de facto federal system, then sorry, you've gone the wrong way about it. I'd even go further and say on this, I am with Berri 100% This is not the way to behave, neither in a democracy nor in a consensual system that is volatile and sectarian. Try again next time. And dont forget to do your worse. You've really lost your senses here.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Ya I think you are probably right this was probably not long after mar mkhayel..
Not sure though because he used to be very anti HA before 2005 and used to say stuff like this

His problem before 2005 was mostly Syria. Syria left in 2005 and said he had no choice but to talk with other Lebanese. His concerns about the weapons of the resistance end up in an MoU. That particular speech in that tweet was actually a defense for Hezballah. It was deliberately cut to take it out of context.

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
The FPM has about 20 MPs? The Strong Lebanon bloc has about 30 MPs? Out of 128 MPs.

To FPMers only them are fighting corruption and are saintly. Only their 30 MPs out of 128 are clean. Do you really think you belong to this country with such heavenly mentality? I think you guys should convert to Jehovah's Witnesses, since they view all as evil and they dont do politics. Join them and start preparing for the "second coming" and heavenly life. The stress of a corrupt Lebanon wont be good for your health.

If about 80% of Lebanese are voting for corrupt people and only about 20% are voting for the saintly FPM, what would you be able to achieve? You either have to become corrupt yourselves or you have to start trying to convince others to stop being corrupt by "preaching" and asking others to "repent for the kingdom of God is at hand". Otherwise, you wont achieve anything. And you have no trust in your ally. Your ally must abandon all it's other allies, its other priorities, and it's own methodology for your sake. Your ally must follow you and do exactly as it pleases you or else, they dont want to fight corruption like you do. It's either your way or the highway. This is the mentality of many FPMers here. It reminds me of the passage in the Bible where Jesus asked his would be disciples to abandon everything else and follow him. Maybe we are missing something here that you guys would love to explain to us.

I really dont understand how you claim to fight corruption, but you see nothing wrong in making up false claims and attributing them to a man in a particular interview and opening a thread on false claims to fight your imaginary battles and shoot yourselves on the foot. Isnt that corruption @Iron Maiden ?

Are you aware of what's happening around us in Lebanon? the country is bankrupt.. literally! We DEFAULTED on our debt cause we can no longer pay! The least we can do is fight corruption. THE LEAST. If i want to be afraid that HA will collide with Amal, and that Jumblatt might have fetne with Erslen, LF vs. FPM, Sunnis vs. who now? diab? We will never fix our house?
WHat is the solution?
I haven't heard one?
how are our powerful leaders proposing they will save us?
DId they say how? did i miss it?

(and by the way, thank you for not calling me Zionist so far ... :) you have called me that twice in the past, and i was expecting it, please dont deceive me! :))

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Are you aware of what's happening around us in Lebanon? the country is bankrupt.. literally! We DEFAULTED on our debt cause we can no longer pay! The least we can do is fight corruption. THE LEAST. If i want to be afraid that HA will collide with Amal, and that Jumblatt might have fetne with Erslen, LF vs. FPM, Sunnis vs. who now? diab? We will never fix our house?
WHat is the solution?
I haven't heard one?

(and by the way, thank you for not calling me Zionist so far ... :) you have called me that twice in the past, and i was expecting it, please dont deceive me! :))

Not that there's anything wrong with being called a Zionist. Zionism is simply the belief that Jews deserve to have a homeland.
If you believe in human rights, you should be a Zionist.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
هل هذا الكلام صحيح؟

Those areas were Shia areas up to Tripoli until the crusades and later on the Mamluks expelled the Shia. Later on, the Ottomans tried to populate them with Christians from Syria to change the demographic and the Shia fled southward to the Shia hinterland in Jabal Amel escape persecution. Only pockets of Shias remained in some villages in Keserwan, Jbeil and Koura. You should ask and know why Jbeil has a Shia MP.

By the way, this speech was during the civil war, when the talk about federalism was alive then and the country was divided. So those who today want to take us back to the civil war days are those who have brought up the question of federalism again to divide the country along sectarian lines. Others dont want to live in their own country as second class citizens to please the sectarian urges of some bigots. Otherwise, this speech is outdated and Nasrallah himself have renounce it in a more recent speech, as a civil war era remark.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
WHat is the solution?
I haven't heard one?

So everyone should start fighting each other "to eliminate corruption", right? Badkon teklo 3enab aw badkon te2etlo el nation?

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Not that there's anything wrong with being called a Zionist. Zionism is simply the belief that Jews deserve to have a homeland.
If you believe in human rights, you should be a Zionist.

same can be said about the islamic resistance.. it's about resisting the occupiers.. so if you are against foreign occupation you should be a proud islamic resistant.

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
Those areas were Shia areas up to Tripoli until the crusades and later on the Mamluks expelled the Shia. Later on, the Ottomans tried to populate them with Christians from Syria to change the demographic and the Shia fled southward to the Shia hinterland in Jabal Amel escape persecution. Only pockets of Shias remained in some villages in Keserwan, Jbeil and Koura. You should ask and know why Jbeil has a Shia MP.

By the way, this speech was during the civil war, when the talk about federalism was alive then and the country was divided. So those who today want to take us back to the civil war days are those who have brought up the question of federalism again to divide the country along sectarian lines. Others dont want to live in their own country as second class citizens to please the sectarian urges of some bigots. Otherwise, this speech is outdated and Nasrallah himself have renounce it in a more recent speech, as a civil war era remark.
Yeah and before the Muslims, it was populated by Christians and before the Christians it was pagans and Phoenicians and cavemen etc.. etc... you can't just put a date and start counting from then and claiming this land is yours.

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter

Yeah and before the Muslims, it was populated by Christians and before the Christians it was pagans and Phoenicians and cavemen etc.. etc... you can't just put a date and start counting from then and claiming this land is yours.

HmsBThn

Legendary Member
hal 3nab sar zbib... w ba3dna natrin.
I am still waiting for an answer though. What is the solution that will save us?

Convert to shiism start latem, enroll with berri or Iran's party, and get on the payroll.
Too much whining yo!!

Many opportunities as expat in Syria, iraq, Yemen...