• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

FPM reality post SHN 26/05/2020 speech

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The problem is that Christian's have schitzphrenia. When the historical wheel favours them and gives them a chance to get some autonomy and independence , they flip and call for a United Lebanon.
Bashir did it and it killed him. SG flipped after GMA got to power and asked for syrians to enter east Beirut.
I'm afraid they'll flip again if Bassil becomes president. It's all a political game but it costs tension instability and may cost blood.
Muslims do the same. When in power they get anul and religious / sectarian, and when forgotten , they become kittens. Its the opposite but the same disease. FPM needed HA to defeat SH Jumbo and SG . However it was a survival move . Because in any fair democracy, they wouldn't need to align with HA and compromise.
Just like many want a Palestinian state but the Palestinian despise them. They hate HA. So why continue. Hamas worked with mossad to assassinate SHN. It's all one big happy family.

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Dedicated to FPMers (only the ones who think they are the only saints) :

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    The problem is that Christian's have schitzphrenia. When the historical wheel favours them and gives them a chance to get some autonomy and independence , they flip and call for a United Lebanon.
    Bashir did it and it killed him. SG flipped after GMA got to power and asked for syrians to enter east Beirut.
    I'm afraid they'll flip again if Bassil becomes president. It's all a political game but it costs tension instability and may cost blood.
    Muslims do the same. When in power they get anul and religious / sectarian, and when forgotten , they become kittens. Its the opposite but the same disease. FPM needed HA to defeat SH Jumbo and SG . However it was a survival move . Because in any fair democracy, they wouldn't need to align with HA and compromise.
    Just like many want a Palestinian state but the Palestinian despise them. They hate HA. So why continue. Hamas worked with mossad to assassinate SHN. It's all one big happy family.
    Who would want to limit himself to a small Canton, when you can rule the entire country? No one is really sincere.

And this is new to me: "Hamas worked with mossad to assassinate SHN". Can you back that allegation or claim or news up? Or is 7akeh neswen el foron.

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    This is so wrong. Using threats and blackmailing tactics. The more reason this project should be made to fail and not approved. Even if the project is so amazing and I may have nothing against it, using threats and blackmailing tactics aimed at cowing others is wrong and should not be allowed to succeed.
    Putting aside its validity, are you familiar with the concept of doing politics? Or is any time an uppity FPMer (or some other descriptor here) opens their mouth a threat that must be put in its place and squashed?

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Sorry @loubnaniTO but you do strike me as an FPM sympathizer. La enta wala @SoFP1 wlaa @Mrsrx wala @Nonan fikon te2na3ouneh enno you don't have a picture of Aoun hanging somewhere on your bedroom wall.

If you don't like to be taken for an FPMer, stop acting like one.
    Now that nfada7na and it is out there. I might aswell share this photo of me, @loubnaniTO and @SoFP1.
    @Nonan is actually the one taking the photo but he preferred to remain anounymous 2A11BHX__01.jpg

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Putting aside its validity, are you familiar with the concept of doing politics? Or is any time an uppity FPMer (or some other descriptor here) opens their mouth a threat that must be put in its place and squashed?
    So do you want me not to post anymore on the forum, since my posts are squashing some people.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    This is not HA's fault, I hope the lesson is well learnt.
    Going to an Islamist party to fix corruption is like going to the mechanic for a hair cut.
    Not their specialty.

They specialize more in chanting death to America, flag burning, suicide vests, hijacking, public flogging, internet censorship...

These are the fields they can help you with.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    maybe read the title oif the thread ya mouqatil :D

Okay Cinderella, can I kindly ask you to point us from the interview to the comment of nasrallah you have issue with!!

Its freaking 2:30 hours long.. my break is not that long you know :rolleyes:

here is the video
    Disaster of a speech. I call on GMA and FPM to resign immediately and have M8, along with whoever they want to ally with, govern as they see fit. They already are in control of everything and nothing is about to change.
    You want to fight corruption when those you are fighting and who you believe are corrupt represent a bigger percentage of the population than you do. It is not going to work through pulling our hair and hitting our heads against the wall or falling into the traps of confrontations. If you want to fight corruption, start with the legislation in parliament and continue through the judiciary.

1. Drop the legal immunity govt and state officials enjoy
    2. Pass a law that will compel govt and state officials to make asset declarations before and after they take office
    3. Lift banking secrecy
    4. Pass a law to make the judiciary independent by making sure that judges are elected, selected or appointed internally in the judicial body and not appointed by politicians.

The last time I checked HA and their allies got the majority in the parliament since years back!
    Why did they never work to achieve any of this?

HA is in a game of satisfying all its allies and giving them pass here and there..

The good days of the 1990s are long gone.. and after 2005 it was a different game and they were completely in.. playing all along!
    ye3ni one day stroking Hariri's hair and another caressing Aoun's whatever to keep them quiet for a little while..

But HA never ever did try to fight corruption and clearly are themselves corrupted like the rest of the country!

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    So do you want me not to post anymore on the forum, since my posts are squashing some people.
    Heik akhadta? That i'm telling you to stop posting? Please, post double, that is not my issue. My issue is why is it always from one extreme to another and not like, maybe people have differing opinions/approaches is not some kind of existential threat to you? And not every time someone does something that might be considered a power move, it's not their right to exercise it?

NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member
    If the system collapses and armed conflict is to occur, I am afraid the christians would be the weaker link and lose the most
    Well let us go thru it and lose once for good.....as we are losing every day....and the ekhwen wont stopp until they swallow the whole country.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Heik akhadta? That i'm telling you to stop posting? Please, post double, that is not my issue. My issue is why is it always from one extreme to another and not like, maybe people have differing opinions/approaches is not some kind of existential threat to you? And not every time someone does something that might be considered a power move, it's not their right to exercise it?
    You afraid the sa7sou7 2ilahi is forthcoming?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Okay Cinderella, can I kindly ask you to point us from the interview to the comment of nasrallah you have issue with!!

Its freaking 2:30 hours long.. my break is not that long you know :rolleyes:

here is the video

The last time I checked HA and their allies got the majority in the parliament since years back!
    Why did they never work to achieve any of this?

HA is in a game of satisfying all its allies and giving them pass here and there..

The good days of the 1990s are long gone.. and after 2005 it was a different game and they were completely in.. playing all along!
    ye3ni one day stroking Hariri's hair and another caressing Aoun's whatever to keep them quiet for a little while..

But HA never ever did try to fight corruption and clearly are themselves corrupted like the rest of the country!
    no a big fan of spoon feeding, but i like u i’ll make the effort and heck maybe even @My Moria Moon can sing u a lullaby abt it afterwards so u get a good nights sleep, here goes nothing:
    - HA wants to fight israel, great we’re all behind him and we have paid the price for that, but also brought together two very divergent parts of the lebanese social fabric.
    - country collapses time to pull out the ol’znoud and fix it, HA says they have bigger fish to catch.
    - i ask fpm to give me another path out if this mess.

is the timeline clear enough? do u need more explicit timestamps?
    i am not going to quote SHN’s speech by the minute and tell u there it is, its not a quran verse, u know, its a hole situation.
    fir HA the big fight and chiite unity are more worth it than the state, i accept it and move on. i know its hard for you dont sweat it bruh.

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Sorry @loubnaniTO but you do strike me as an FPM sympathizer. La enta wala @SoFP1 wlaa @Mrsrx wala @Nonan fikon te2na3ouneh enno you don't have a picture of Aoun hanging somewhere on your bedroom wall.

If you don't like to be taken for an FPMer, stop acting like one.
    You’re making several wrong assumptions:
    1) you assume my wife or daughters would let me hang any picture anywhere in the apartment. Apparently, my taste is not very well appreciated
    2) just because I hate others more, you assume I like FPM. I’m kind of a glass 99% empty kind of guy. But others (Berri, Joumblatt, Hariri, Geagea, etc) give me so much material that I can rarely get to FpM

having said that, the one thing you can use “against” me is my utter bias towards the Lebanese Army. After all, that’s What you’re supposed to do when you’re a عكاري like me. Eat شنكليش and support the army (the avatar is a hint ;-).

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    no a big fan of spoon feeding, but i like u i’ll make the effort and heck maybe even @My Moria Moon can sing u a lullaby abt it afterwards so u get a good nights sleep, here goes nothing:
    - HA wants to fight israel, great we’re all behind him and we have paid the price for that, but also brought together two very divergent parts of the lebanese social fabric.
    When you say you paid the "price of that" you make it seem as if you were doing Hizbullah a favor by supporting the resistance.
    Are you saying freeing the South from occupation and deterring Israeli aggression in 2006 wasn't really your fight but you supported Hizbullah nonetheless? And what other stance could have FPM taken at the time?

If Aoun himself believes Hizbullah's arms are essential to defending the country from potential Israeli aggression,
    it means supporting the resistance is a national duty and not something you can credit FPM or trabbi7 Hizbullah jmileh for. Ma heik?

El micro la elak.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    When you say you paid the "price of that" you make it seem as if you were doing Hizbullah a favor by supporting the resistance.
    Are you saying freeing the South from occupation and deterring Israeli aggression in 2006 wasn't really your fight but you supported Hizbullah nonetheless? And what other stance could have FPM taken at the time?

If Aoun himself believes Hizbullah's arms are essential to defending the country from potential Israeli aggression,
    it means supporting the resistance is a national duty and not something you can credit FPM or trabbi7 Hizbullah jmileh for. Ma heik?

El micro la elak.
    u jnow very well what i meant by paid the price, but i’ll put it painfully clear for you in case the imagery is not being crystal clear, fpm lost voters after the mou and 2006 war, but am sure u already knew that.

as fir the rest, you know what, i’d love to discuss that theory over a cup of coffee some day :)

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Who did you expect people to criticize? Don't you and your iranian party hold majority in the govt? Chou baddak kataeb be my priority?
    History didn't start when Aoun became president. FPM inherited this situation, they did not create it.