FPM targeting Druze Facebookers Insulting Aoun

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
When you say insulting do you guys mean only cursing or our we talking about like saying Aoun is a failure and failed as president etc?

There is not doubt here that the 3awniyeh worship Aoun and they act like a typical syrian baathi maniac who worship hafiz..
3awnist are hypocrites like the rest.. when Michel Sleyman was president they insulted him day and night but how is Aoun any different from Slayman if anything Michel Aoun is more closer as president to Emile La7ous!

The two people that were arrested insulted Aoun with very strong language. It wasn't just political critique. It was personal and involved his wife. But I believe that should be allowed.

I don't think Aoun himself is involved in this censorship. It's mostly Bassilians like Wadih Akl who are reporting people in the hopes of impressing the Tayyar and showing their patriotism.

• Advertisement
  • O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    The two people that were arrested insulted Aoun with very strong language. It wasn't just political critique. It was personal and involved his wife. But I believe that should be allowed.

I don't think Aoun himself is involved in this censorship. It's mostly Bassilians like Wadih Akl who are reporting people in the hopes of impressing the Tayyar and showing their patriotism.
    Cursing people like that shouldn't be allowed whether the cursing is against a random guy or za3im or a freaking president!
    I know it is hard to resist sometimes to curse these freaking dirty politicians but there are no excuses to become a total douchebag and nasty against their families there must always be some limits!

ye3ni would you accept someone cursing your wife or morther? if not then it shouldn't be allowed!

LVV

LVV

I m against insult
    Certainly not the wifes
    President policy could be criticized not his person
    FPM certainly could be criticized

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    Cursing people like that shouldn't be allowed whether the cursing is against a random guy or za3im or a freaking president!
    I know it is hard to resist sometimes to curse these freaking dirty politicians but there are no excuses to become a total douchebag and nasty against their families there must always be some limits!

ye3ni would you accept someone cursing your wife or morther? if not then it shouldn't be allowed!
    Yes, I'd allow anyone to curse my "wife and mother". I'm not 10 years old to let such stupid things get to me nor will I want a Law that is based on my hurt feelings.

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    I m against insult
    Certainly not the wifes
    President policy could be criticized not his person
    FPM certainly could be criticized
    That goes against US Law which has perfected freedom of speech. Your hurt feelings don't matter. Words are words. Freedom of speech means nothing without the right to offend. It's there so you can insult and say controversial stuff to begin with.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    A punishment that fits the crime:
    Have the Kherfen insult their wives to their faces.

LVV

LVV

That goes against US Law which has perfected freedom of speech. Your hurt feelings don't matter. Words are words. Freedom of speech means nothing without the right to offend. It's there so you can insult and say controversial stuff to begin with.
    Heard about libel lawsuits in the state

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    Heard about libel lawsuits in the state
    Libel in the States sues for financial damages incurred and not over hurt feelings. US has very lenient libel laws, which is a good thing. Otherwise Trump could sue every journalist for fake news.

LVV

LVV

Libel in the States sues for financial damages incurred and not over hurt feelings. US has very lenient libel laws, which is a good thing. Otherwise Trump could sue every journalist for fake news.
    Not when you put lies
    If some said The wife President is a ...
    There is consequence

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    Not when you put lies
    If some said The wife President is a ...
    There is consequence
    No there is not. Most Liberal media / activists said Melania was stupid, sexually interested in Trudeau, etc etc.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    Normal -- the kherfen is applying what his Baathist masters taught him.

But it won't break the Druze resolve -- just like the weapons of FPM's "يوم مجيد" didn't.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Lebanon should consider dropping its silly French-mandate regulations on not insulting the president. And whoever supports it should give up his Lebanese citizenship and consider becoming a Syrian Baathist. The whole concept of "always respect your president" and disallowing hate speech is stupid to begin with and doesn't fit with the history of Lebanon, which hosted the most controversial thinkers in the East (e.g Al Qaseemi).

Druze not only perceive it as maronite fascism. But now have started insulting the president as a Twitter hashtag #لن_نسكت_اعتقلونا because the "prisons can't hold everyone". FPM's main obsession is stirring up sectarian tensions over silly Facebook posts because their feelings were hurt. Weak.
    I give you my like for this, t'ba3za2 fiyah :)

Lebanon should consider dropping its silly French-mandate regulations on not insulting the president. And whoever supports it should give up his Lebanese citizenship and consider becoming a Syrian Baathist. The whole concept of "always respect your president" and disallowing hate speech is stupid to begin with and doesn't fit with the history of Lebanon, which hosted the most controversial thinkers in the East (e.g Al Qaseemi).

Else, druze always perceive anything maronites do as maronite fascism. Ask their centuries old beik suckers dynasties and the blood history they were engaged in against the maronites for why. Gollum of the moukhtara is only pursuing what his ancestors did.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    زعماء حمير، بدل ما يلاقو حل لمشاكل البلد ، لاحقين بوستات العالم عل فيسبوك
    ولك شو هل بهدلي هيدي، المضحك المبكي إنو كل شي كانو يتهمو غيرن في، عم يعملو هني

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    I give you my like for this, t'ba3za2 fiyah :)

Else, druze always perceive anything maronites do as maronite fascism. Ask their centuries old beik suckers dynasties and the blood history they were engaged in against the maronites for why. Gollum of the moukhtara is only pursuing what his ancestors did.
    مش حق تختصر الدروز و الموارنة في حقبة وحدة. كان في ٧٠٠ سنة حب و وفاق قبل ١٨٤٠. قد ما إختفلوا بعودو يهجو على جبال سوا.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    بتذكرو لما كانو العالم يفتحو تمهم بالماضي كانو يتهمون بتفيذ أهداف اسرائلية ؟
    هلق الموضة مؤامرة خارجية بس مجهولة الهوية
    يا عيب الشوم

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Lol
    lak even Syrian dogs are washing their hands from this oppression

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm 100% for freedom of speech which includes everything, including insults and tasteless and personal jokes. But I don't know why I feel good deep down inside whenever I read or hear about an ishtiraki eating khara for a petty Facebook insult. It's the kind of guilty pleasure I find myself unable to contain or avoid. Round them all up, those bastards! Oops, did I say that too loud?