FPMers, where do you think Bassil messed up?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Let's not beat around the bush. Whether he's corrupt or not, Bassil has clearly done something to upset the population.
From the way he was appointed to his controversial speeches, today there are thousands of people chanting against Bassil and the "ahed."

The opposition is not only from the outside but also from inside the party.
Where do you think Bassil did wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Let's not beat around the bush. Whether he's corrupt or not, Bassil has clearly done something to upset the population.
    From the way he was appointed to his controversial speeches, today there are thousands of people chanting against Bassil and the "ahed."

you’revthe one constantly accusing him, plz do tell us how he’s angered you and made ur life worse

?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

you’revthe one constantly accusing him, plz do tell us how he’s angered you and made ur life worse

?
    My problem with Bassil is that he failed to deliver on his promises and proved to be an impotent politician. Also, although there's no hard proof of his corruption, his suddenly accumulated wealth raises a lot of question marks.

My problem with the FPM as a whole is that they joined a corrupt government and allied with Nasrallah, when Aoun was still referring to Hizbullah as a terrorist organization and an Iranian agent only a year before he returned to Lebanon.

Last edited:
    Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    My problem with Bassil is that he failed to deliver on his promises and proved to be an impotent politician. Also, although there's no hard proof of his corruption, his suddenly accumulated wealth ever raises a lot of question marks.

My problem with the FPM as a whole is that they joined a corrupt government and allied with Nasrallah, when Aoun was still referring to Hizbullah as a terrorist organization and an Iranian agent only a year before he returned to Lebanon.
    rou2 rou2 rou2

rakkiz 3al thread topic that you urself started

tell us where did bassil mess up and how he made tour life worse.
    i am studying and hav all night :)

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

rou2 rou2 rou2

rakkiz 3al thread topic that you urself started

tell us where did bassil mess up and how he made tour life worse.
    i am studying and hav all night :)
    I think I just explained the "why"! Is 15 years of political impotence not enough reason?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Anyway, the question is addressed to FPMers, as there seems to be a big anti-Bassil sentiment within the party itself.
    Even those who support Bassil have criticized some of his actions at one point.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

My problem with Bassil is that he failed to deliver on his promises and proved to be an impotent politician. Also, although there's no hard proof of his corruption, his suddenly accumulated wealth raises a lot of question marks.

impotent?
    He has children. LOL

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think I just explained the "why"! Is 15 years of political impotence not enough reason?
    i want specifics, tell me how he messed up

tell me which decision he and his party took made ur life worse

humor me wont ya :)

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter

Thank you for this constructive thread.

Look to start, I do think the attacks against Basil are very unfair. I think anyone that would have taken Basil's positions would have been targeted the same way. GMA was targeted even more viciously since 1988. There were tons of unfair accusations leveled against GMA . None of them stuck, simply because they were not true. I am not worried about Basil at all, and I think he is gaining more popularity simply due to sympathy because of the vitriol targeted at him.

The truth is that Basil tends to come across as arrogant, but I dont think he means it. That is the perception that people have, so he has to be cognizant of it as a public figure/leader and temper it. Deep inside he is a very good person, but he needs to make sure that it comes across to the public that does not support him. That is a mistake that many people do, where they dont focus on winning the neutrals and the public that does not support them 100%.

Where I think Basil may have made a mistake is how much he personally could handle in terms of workload. It is very hard to be Deputy, a Foreign Minister, and the Head of a Major-Party. He is the hardest working minister since the creation of the republic. However, he needs to be careful not to do too much, and become a bottleneck. He needs a very strong cadre of people he can lean on, and I am not sure he has that yet.

I do think he is a statesman and has the potential to be a very good president. He is young, energetic, smart, has a vision, and he gets things done. I like the man, and I find that he reflects 90% of my views.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    I think that he messed up only when he tolerated Berri, joumblatt and geagea on a same table in all governments.
    I will tell him to pain attention from Saadoun el karkadoun, another corrupted and mafia thug.

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    سَقَطَ الحِمارُ مِنَ السَفينَةِ في الدُجى
    فَبَكى الرِفاقُ لِفَقدِهِ وَتَرَحَّموا
    حَتّى إِذا طَلَعَ النَهارُ أَتَت بِهِ
    نَحوَ السَفينَةِ مَوجَةٌ تَتَقَدَمُ
    قالَت خُذوهُ كَما أَتاني سالِماً
    لَم أَبتَلِعهُ لِأَنَّهُ لا يُهضَمُ

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

He promised 24/24 electricity numerous times and failed to deliver. What is his fault? No one gives a f-ck, you guarantee something you better make it happen. He's uppity, very puny and seriously lacks charisma. Not to mention his stunts like "Gebran Ken 3ndo 7elm" or something of the sort. Once the electricity project failed, he became a target of the rotten political class and they clawed him to shreds.

Moreover, the FPM party is run like a traditional Kataeb or Ahrar organization. Clientelism and patronage determine whether a person gets hired or not. Gebran and before him PMA failed to create a modern party and instill a democratic culture, the bootlickers ended up getting to the top and ruined everything. FPMers blame the people for being ignorant of the political spite that made FPM fail, but neglect to notice that it is the job of the party to spread its message across the board same as its the job of a company to advertise its product to consumers and no the other way around. OTV was built by Aounists but building it just for Aounists was their fatal mistake. They failed to use the traditional mediums of communication properly, i.e: radio and tv and properly and hilariously and royally screwed up in the online realm as well.

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    He messed up the night he had that p-ssy.
    And gave up on being a honorable fisherman.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

FPMers, where do you think Bassil messed up?
    لما حاول يقّنع المتحررين عقليا من سيطرة الطائفيين أنه قام بشراء غسالة بالتقسيط
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

D

dyyyy

Pure arrogance by all FPMers and not just Bassil ,
    They acted in a way that they don't need anyone :
    - When Hikmat Deeb said "Rasso baddo ytir"
    - When Jrayssati said "Ma ysamme3ne sawto"
    - All the tweets of Ziad Assouad
    - FPM officials calling people "cha3b ratech"
    - The arrests of people because of their posts on social media
    - The handling of the Bisry valley dam and Mansourieh by using force against protestors

It doesn't matter the background and the legitimity of these acts, but these are the most striking things people saw and spread on social media

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    If we put aside ta2alit damou w jala2tou etc.. I think he gave everyone a very good reason to dislike him let it be aouniyeh or whatever..

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    1- Over-promised and under delivered on Electricity.
    2- Personally : the whole mantra of christian rights
    3- Regardless of the intent, he comes off as very arrogant which is not appealing to people. Might not be tangible but its there.
    4- He went against previous commitments of FPM not have MP be Minister at the same time.
    5- The line between fighting from the inside and just surrounding himself with his own business buddies to have them win projects and fund his campaigns is blurry and casting doubt on his integrity -> Only corruption investigation can fix this.
    6- Overall FPM has a serious Media and communication problem from OTV to Tayyar.org to Bassil. In the day of social media warfare they are way behind on spinning stories or at least containing them.
    7- Surrounding himself with stooges like Joseph abou fadel and Samir sfeir
    8 - The way he imposed himself to become leader of FPM without elections and removing all opponents : did he end up modifying the party by-laws to allow him to be president ad-vitam eternam ?

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    A lot of the things from the list of @Leb_Rebel resonate. But for me two stand out: Christian rights (vs restoring law and order) and not being consistent on how to deal with the corrupt (eg Berri).
    Issue with him candidly can be the typical formula that states: Satisfaction = delivery - expectations.
    The reason people are singling out FPM is likely they had higher expectations