FPMers, where do you think Bassil messed up?

Chanklish

Chanklish

Hariri came because of his dad ..
Bassil came because of this father in law
both are shitty

• Advertisement
  • loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    No one blamed 30 years of mistakes on Gebran. He's being scapegoated, sure. But if you ask people about Berri, Hariri and Joumblatt, they won't exclude them from the "Kellon Ya3ne Kellon" list unless they're members of the those leaders' parties.
    reluctantly, yes, they would say Keloun ya3ne Keloun.
    my question is, WHY the concerted attack on Bassil, and mostly on bassil.
    since you admitted that, let's try to analyze why?
    it is purely charisma?
    or maybe a campaign against him ? and if it is a campaign, why would single out BASSIL alone?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    it is purely charisma?
    or maybe a campaign against him ? and if it is a campaign, why would single out BASSIL alone?
    I can speak for myself
    With all shit surrounding Jumblatt and Berri
    I personally wait for them to speak on TV
    They have a certain type of Charisma that makes them so satisfying to watch and listen to
    They can be hilarious, ruthless and very precise in their speeches
    In other words they have balls

on the other hand
    Bassil lacks the Charisma
    During his interviews he never provides clear answers you could feel that he’s only spewing crap trying to run away from the question, he lacks the balls
    He’s nowhere near a leader be it a clean or a nasty one

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    Sorry but No speech is as disgusting as the speech of Bassil
    Hariri doesn't roam the country reminding everyone who killed who and who kidnapped who

Bassil brought this to himself, he's stupid and unfit to address the Lebanese people
    Do you even hear Bassil's speeches?

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    so that warrants this unprecedented WAR ON BASSIL? to the exclusion of all others?
    are the Lebanese that naive and silly that they would blame 30 years of their own mistakes in electing a corrupt class of politicians on Bassil, just because he is short and does not have a baby face?
    Sometimes we get angry with our kids for their poor behaviour, we forget that we're the ones who raised them and failed.
    Yes they are this naive and silly

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    it is purely charisma?
    Same campaign that was against GMA and still is. Nothing new to see.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

it is purely charisma?
    PMA is of old age (alla ytawil bi 3omro) but with three years left to his presidency, his political life will wane after that. Gebran is the heir, it's natural that they would want to nip it in the bud. Why? We can go to the easy emotional answer, that he's clean and that's why. But take Trump, attacked by everyone, is he clean? Is he non-corrupted? The man vouched for Jeffrey Epstein and called him a "terrific guy"!

I honestly don't have an accurate answer. I don't think anyone does. What's known to the masses about what their politicians are doing is so minute, it would be futile to guess. One thing is for certain, he is disliked by a whole lot of people, Lebanese and otherwise.

If I have the time, I might have to re-read the Wikileaks cables, that'll shed some light on our quest. I remember one cable mentioning that Gebran played a horrible role in the Aoun-Joumblatt rapprochement, that as soon as he heard about it, he issued an provocative anti-Joumblatt statement and disrupted the whole thing. Or in 2006 after the MOU happened, PMA and Bassil were meeting the US ambassador, Bassil was so coarse, curt and blaring in his answers that PMA had to play a calmer and more reasonable role.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Gebran should watch this video and learn how to deliver a proper speech
    Chapeau bas to Dr Samir Geagea

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

I can speak for myself
    With all shit surrounding Jumblatt and Berri
    I personally wait for them to speak on TV
    They have a certain type of Charisma that makes them so satisfying to watch and listen to
    They can be hilarious, ruthless and very precise in their speeches
    In other words they have balls

on the other hand
    Bassil lacks the Charisma
    During his interviews he never provides clear answers you could feel that he’s only spewing crap trying to run away from the question, he lacks the balls
    He’s nowhere near a leader be it a clean or a nasty one
    Lacks charisma, wtf u talkin about bih?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Lacks charisma, wtf u talkin about bih?

Exactly
    how can you take this guy seriously
    He parachuted over that bloc of stone as per his father in law wish
    and with his annoying squeaky voice speaking purely sectarian and claims himself to be the protector of the Christian rights only to employ his 3achire and blocks other Christians from taking any position
    He signs then goes against his signature, how can people respect that
    He's too biased towards Hezbollah
    He became the mouthpiece of the Syrian regime that all Christians and Sunnis hate and despise

The list goes on and on and on

and people wonder why he's so hated

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Gebran should watch this video and learn how to deliver a proper speech
    Chapeau bas to Dr Samir Geagea

Bassil's speeches are horrible... but again, the simple Lebanese people do not realize that the quality of speech is not everything... cause look at Berri, Hariri, Jumblatt, and your friend Geagea... they all make great speeches, but they're all corrupt, and at least 3 of them are war lords who committed crimes against humanity! but that's fine... ley2in bel 7ake ;)

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Bassil's speeches are horrible... but again, the simple Lebanese people do not realize that the quality of speech is not everything... cause look at Berri, Hariri, Jumblatt, and your friend Geagea... they all make great speeches, but they're all corrupt, and at least 3 of them are war lords who committed crimes against humanity! but that's fine... ley2in bel 7ake ;)
    You're disregarding a very important fact
    That in the eyes of many, Bassil is as corrupt as everyone else
    now combine that with his annoying presence on TV
    Yes he can be easily seen as the most hated creature between the Lebanese

He's a guy who showed up out of the blue, his only credentials being a son in law to someone
    And in his own rude and disrespectful way lectures the Lebanese people about what's right and wrong
    while trying to squeeze his way between veteran warlords with large fighting history behind their back (To each his cause and supporters to the cause)
    He simply doesn't belong there

I hope that answers your question

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    You're disregarding a very important fact
    That in the eyes of many, Bassil is as corrupt as everyone else
    now combine that with his annoying presence on TV
    Yes he can be easily seen as the most hated creature between the Lebanese

He's a guy who showed up out of the blue, his only credentials being a son in law to someone
    And in his own rude and disrespectful way lectures the Lebanese people about what's right and wrong
    while trying to squeeze his way between veteran warlords with large fighting history behind their back (To each his cause and supporters to the cause)
    He simply doesn't belong there

I hope that answers your question
    not really... i don't disagree with your points, but i still can't see how a whole revolution FOCUSES ON GEBRAN, when hardly anyone mentions the PRIME MINISTER who is supposedly the ultimate responsible, who is (allegedly, just like GB) corrupt, and who would not hide his complete allegiance to Saudi Arabia... who was kidnapped by KSA, and still praises the kingdom and defends it more than he defends Lebanon.

again, i am not disagreeing with your view of Bassil... i am just puzzled that you're not seeing that the attacks are enormously skewed against Bassil compared to others...

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    not really... i don't disagree with your points, but i still can't see how a whole revolution FOCUSES ON GEBRAN, when hardly anyone mentions the PRIME MINISTER who is supposedly the ultimate responsible, who is (allegedly, just like GB) corrupt, and who would not hide his complete allegiance to Saudi Arabia... who was kidnapped by KSA, and still praises the kingdom and defends it more than he defends Lebanon.

again, i am not disagreeing with your view of Bassil... i am just puzzled that you're not seeing that the attacks are enormously skewed against Bassil compared to others...
    People don't give a shit
    i can give you a million reason why he's despised by every sect

For example:
    * Christians LF:
    They see Bassil as not a man of his word (or simply not a man), he signs and turns against his signature
    Tayyar on podiums or social media use very derogatory terms when addressing LF
    His claim to be the sole defender of the Christian rights while LF have a proven combat record and huge history of playing that role during the dark times while Bassil was still a toddler

*Sunnis:
    His and his father in law derogatary terms calling Sunnis as ISIS and erhebiye for years
    Hariri as Isis in a suit for years
    His various sectarian speeches
    His love for Hezbollah and for Syria
    His dedication to visit Syria against the acceptance of the PM
    his constant attempts to undermine the Prime Minister and act on his behalf or bypassing him (after complaining for years about muslims crossing the President) - he's a hypocrite

*Shiites
    Same sectarian hatred as the above
    His obstruction to proceed with Majles khedme l madaniye appointments
    the Hadath municipality scandal
    etc etc

*Druze
    Qabrshmoon
    do i need to say more ?

I hope the above answers your question
    and if all what has been posted so far still doesn't answer it, nothing will

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Geagea was proven innocent of the crimes attributed to him. He's a hero.
    The biggest criminal is Bashir Gemayel, whom you seem to idolize and elevate to a saint status despite the war atrocities he has committed.
    So spare me the lecturing about war crimes.
    It's not a question of morals for FPM, as much as it's a question of political rivalry.

Geagea will become president of the republic. Just wait and see.

H

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter

We've been conditioned to expect nothing of much of the rest of the ruling class. Bassil was a newcomer. He was never going to get the benefit of the doubt that others received and whose corruption, soft and hard bigotry, and dog eat dog politicking, we were already used to. Any misstep was going to bring the knives out from both the ruling class and observers where others were granted the benefit of our low expectations. When the narrative becomes the conventional wisdom, you can't see around it. Plus he insisted on setting some of those expectations up himself knowing full well the ? system he was working in.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    Geagea was proven innocent of the crimes attributed to him. He's a hero.
    The biggest criminal is Bashir Gemayel, whom you seem to idolize and elevate to a saint status despite the war atrocities he has committed.
    So spare me the lecturing about war crimes.
    It's not a question of morals for FPM, as much as it's a question of political rivalry.

Geagea will become president of the republic. Just wait and see.
    Geagea was proven innocent? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan`-

Dan`-

Well, first of all, we have to agree that Gibran is most hated, because "someone" somewhere wanted him to be hated and Gibran did help them by some of his actions.
    Anyone denying the fact of the organized/systematic media campaign against Gibran and PMA and only focusing on Gibran wrongdoings is naive or hypocrite.
    The finance minister gave a wrong statement about Lebanon debts settlement plan that cost the economy and the stocks around 1 billion dollar of losses, and he had to make a public denying statement from B3abda.........no one questioned him in the media and no one is talking about it.
    The real question should be why "Someone" wants Bassil to become the most hated politician?
    Having said that, Gibran and FPM have lot of work to do to restore their image in comeback with full swing to the Lebanese fighting politics Colosseum.
    Of course it is not a fair comparison. The Finance Minister made a mistake and paid for it immediately: in one meeting with the President, he dialed back on his statement and said that no debt restructuring will be done. In other words, he was held accountable and corrected his error. Besides that he doesn't have a habit of always doing mistakes of various types. Bassil is different. He was never held accountable, never changes his bad course of action and doesn't bother to correct his sinful behavior. An accumulation of various types of unforgivable mistakes leads us to this conclusion: the "someone" who wanted Gibran Bassil to be hated so much...is Gibran Bassil himself. He destroyed his own reputation, and that of his party and the 3ahed with his own bare hands.

You rightly said "Gibran and FPM have lot of work to do to restore their image in comeback "

Very true! Yet neither the FPM nor Gibran are even starting with this long process. It all begins with an honest acknowledgment of responsibility. This has yet to happen. All FPM Ministers, Members of Parliament and FPM supporters continue to blindly defend their party and their party leader, even positioning him as a 'victim' who is being unfairly 'attacked'.

Let me give you a recent example. Yesterday I watched an interview on a show on OTV with MARC ZABBAL. He is a long-time veteran FPMer (for more than 20 years) who is in charge of FPMers in Diaspora (mas2ool el intishar). Throughout the interview, he kept recalling the glory days of GMA and FPM, and how it is great to be part of this movement, and most importantly, that it is a must for all of us to stand beside our Gibran Bassil and our President…and he kept boasting how great Gibran Bassil is and how glorious and legendary GMA is. Typical blind follower mentality. He then promoted Sunday’s event where FPMers will rally in support of their President all around the world

So here you have it. Marc Zabbal, a 20+ year old veteran of FPM, continues to glorify the leaders, drawing a perfect world for a party that is clearly in deep crisis, in image, public performance and credibility. He fails to see a single mistake or responsibility for what happened in any of the party’s leaders….instead he has the audacity to defend them blindly as if they were saints. He clearly lives in Lala Land. Just like many of the other FPMers.

It seems that “Restoring the image” is going to take way longer than anticipated…or may not happen at all.