• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

FPM's take on Gays

moughtarib

What is the FPM position on Gays/Lesbians in Lebanese Society?

What is your position on Gays/Lesbians? They don't exist ?

Youchka

Legendary Member
This is not an issue that a political party can include in its charter. It is a social issue. like abortion, like adoption, like many other issues, nonetheless important ones.
However, I can tell you that FPM is against any kind of alienation, whether it is for skin color, ethnic background, or for that matter, sexual preferences. Everyone is welcome, everyone is respected in FPM.

moughtarib

i felt that it could be a political subject. Presidents are being asked on the subject, as part of a "human rights" thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_Raad1450

Jean

Legendary Member
في المبادئ

يعلن التيّار الوطنيّ الحرّ :

1-
إيمانه أنّ الإنسان الفرد قيمة بذاته، وأنّ الناس يولدون ويموتون متساوين، ويعيشون متمتّعين بالحقوق والحرّيّة والكرامة، ولهم أن يتباينوا في الآراء والتوجّهات والمعتقدات .

2-
إلتزامه الإعلان العالميّ لحقوق الإنسان، والمواثيق والاتّفاقات الدوليّة ذات الصلة، من حيث توجّه قيمها ومبادئها أهداف الحزب وبرامجه .

our charter : click to read

now you can rest​

SeekNirvana

What is the FPM position on Gays/Lesbians in Lebanese Society?

What is your position on Gays/Lesbians? They don't exist?

We don't have time to discuss issues that relate to our society. When Jumblat, Geagea, Hariri, Aoun and Nasrallah mention the gays in their speeches, then we will start to deal with their problem. For now, we don't have time for this.

How dare you open this in the political forum? This is not a political issue. The political forum is to debate wars, politicians' speeches and pissing contests about other parties.

This is from Wikipedia.
Politics is the process by which groups of people make decisions. Although the term is generally applied to behavior within civil governments, politics is observed in all human group interactions, including corporate, academic, and religious institutions

Politics consists of "social relations involving authority or power" and refers to the regulation of a political unit, and to the methods and tactics used to formulate and apply policy.
Wikipedia is stupid. We know better.

moughtarib

dont worry u will take ur rights.....bass this something not political

Why did u assume i am gay/lesbian? I am sincerely asking the question. Its the only thing people can remember of the Columbia debate and discuss over here.

So, i thought of FPMers position. given its not so important now, i agree with ur post about the balad and so, but its a good change too from all this seriousness kaman.

Today, religious clerics are quite against it in el sharq. But is the FPM conservative about this subject or not?

If GMA is president and a bill is asked for him to be signed allowing...i don't know... guaranteeing the freedom of gays or something, would he sign? I couldn't put allowing their marriage for example because in our 2007 liberal lebanon ismalla christians and muslims can't even cross marry. that needs to pass first

what do you think, 3anjad?

Venom

Legendary Member
Why did u assume i am gay/lesbian? I am sincerely asking the question. Its the only thing people can remember of the Columbia debate and discuss over here.

So, i thought of FPMers position. given its not so important now, i agree with ur post about the balad and so, but its a good change too from all this seriousness kaman.

Today, religious clerics are quite against it in el sharq. But is the FPM conservative about this subject or not?

If GMA is president and a bill is asked for him to be signed allowing...i don't know... guaranteeing the freedom of gays or something, would he sign? I couldn't put allowing their marriage for example because in our 2007 liberal lebanon ismalla christians and muslims can't even cross marry. that needs to pass first

what do you think, 3anjad?

i dont know y i assumed.....ye3neh ma t2ekhezna....bass the first thing that struck my mind....

and to answer ur question about gays, well i dont care.... 7are2....

J_Raad1450

We don't have time to discuss issues that relate to our society. When Jumblat, Geagea, Hariri, Aoun and Nasrallah mention the gays in their speeches, then we will start to deal with their problem. For now, we don't have time for this.

How dare you open this in the political forum? This is not a political issue. The political forum is to debate wars, politicians' speeches and pissing contests about other parties.

This is from Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is stupid. We know better.

This is not a political issue in the traditional sense of the word. Most “personal issues” (alahwal-shaksia such as marriage, divorce, baptism and many others) in Lebanon are governed by religious institution rather then political body (court, parliament, government in general). This is not a political issue till the society is secular. FPM is working for a secular society.

moughtarib

This is not a political issue in the traditional sense of the word. Most “personal issues” (alahwal-shaksia such as marriage, divorce, baptism and many others) in Lebanon are governed by religious institution rather then political body (court, parliament, government in general). This is not a political issue till the society is secular. FPM is working for a secular society.

The hrawi civil marriage proposal that was not endorsed by parliament comes way before talking of secular society. I think these subjects are important and could take some space in your debates and thinking.

I'll wait out some other posts and see if more posts come in debating the issue, otherwise, excuse my bothering you.

The points on the FPM charter i've read before and thanks for posting, but they're vague a bit in relation to this subject.... It can be assumed that: "3abadat el shaytan" are also inclusive by it.

PS: do i need to post my wedding pictures so that you deal with the subject and don't misinterpret my aim?

SeekNirvana

في المبادئ

يعلن التيّار الوطنيّ الحرّ :

1-
إيمانه أنّ الإنسان الفرد قيمة بذاته، وأنّ الناس يولدون ويموتون متساوين، ويعيشون متمتّعين بالحقوق والحرّيّة والكرامة، ولهم أن يتباينوا في الآراء والتوجّهات والمعتقدات .

2-
إلتزامه الإعلان العالميّ لحقوق الإنسان، والمواثيق والاتّفاقات الدوليّة ذات الصلة، من حيث توجّه قيمها ومبادئها أهداف الحزب وبرامجه .

our charter : click to read

now you can rest​

and to answer ur question about gays, well i dont care.... 7are2....

Interesting divergence.

It's useful to reiterate for the new comers that the opinions expressed by users do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Free Patriotic Movement.

SeekNirvana

I completely agree. That's what I was trying to tell the initial poster. The political forum is only interested in debating wars, politicians' speeches and pissing contests against other parties.

J_Raad1450

The hrawi civil marriage proposal that was not endorsed by parliament comes way before talking of secular society. I think these subjects are important and could take some space in your debates and thinking.

I'll wait out some other posts and see if more posts come in debating the issue, otherwise, excuse my bothering you.

The points on the FPM charter i've read before and thanks for posting, but they're vague a bit in relation to this subject.... It can be assumed that: "3abadat el shaytan" are also inclusive by it.

PS: do i need to post my wedding pictures so that you deal with the subject and don't misinterpret my aim?

You need to open up your mind. Being married does not mean automatically that you are not gay. Please keep your marriage pictures. Since you mentioned the issue.

This is a religious/social issue in Lebanon. Open the thread under the approriate forum. How hard is that?

Youchka

Legendary Member

U r right however, many non-political issues, like for example the holy Friday issue, affect politics directly or indirectly.

rayograph

although i am not totally convinced that this is a political issue, I think that a party that calls for secularism respects people regardless of their sexual orientation, religious beliefs, race and social behaviours, so I am pretty confident that FPM welcomes anyone who believes in the greater values of the nation regardless of the little details...

being gay, straight or bi is a very personal issue and should be respected like any other identity status and privacy...

J_Raad1450

U r right however, many non-political issues, like for example the holy Friday issue, affect politics directly or indirectly.

True. This is why Bkerki finally intervened the "resolve" the issue. As long as Bkerki controls "personal issues", debating the issue as a political topic is useless. That's my opinion. I don't mean to pick on Bkerki (I do enough on that). Bkerki or the other religious institution