• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

France's Le Pen is visiting Lebanon on 19 February

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You can hear someone say: 'Lek ma asmaka'! :hilarious:

I think she leveraged what happened in the most perfect way she needs to portray herself to her own voters in France as the tough leader who can face Islamism. I don't know if she planned to have such situation or it was just a coincidence, but Marine Le Pen seems to be very smart, at least smarter than Macron lol

Published February 21, 2017

Look at this photo: أنتم الأرزة ومارين خطها الأحمر
:D :D

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
What's wrong with that? Look how cute Hillary looks not to mention Clinton foundation kickback$$$;)

This woman is the biggest liar and dirty in whole humanity. The veil is a sign of purity. Every woman should be free to put or not to put the veil distinguishly if she is pure or not especially in Islam. The new political isLamization era is obliging women to put it before the Iran revolution it was not an obligation. Now the Sunnis are copying the Shia revolutionary political Islamization.

Don't let liars and impure to put veil.
Wal Salam.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Why should a woman be forced to wear anything before meeting a religious figure? Why do people kiss the hand or ring of popes etc. Religions are just outdated.

Too many weird rituals.... We need religious reforms.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Why should a woman be forced to wear anything before meeting a religious figure? Why do people kiss the hand or ring of popes etc. Religions are just outdated.

He may get an erection from seeing her hair:wacky:
In Lebanon at Jaafari Court women can be sleeveless, where half breasts are showing but must have a head cover :wacky::wacky::wacky:

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is what happens when conservatism collides in and on itself.

On the one hand, you have Le Pen, who hypocritically wants people to conform to her culture in France while refuses to do the same in other countries. And on the other hand, you have the conservative religious establishment that forces its culture on people.

Michel Obama and Hillary Clinton never wore veils in Saudi Arabia, and are against forcing Muslim women to remove their veils in the US.

Lebanese-Nationalist

This is what fascinates me about the trump / le pen supporters. They have likely not lived through the Pasqua days where you had to register every time you had to leave France because you were Lebanese. In the US, if your birthplace is Lebanon, you have to go to secondary immigration checking, even if you hold a different passport (not American). Wake up people. There are constitutions on both France and the US that does not allow these countries to discriminate based on religion. They will do it based on nationality / country of birth. Guess where Lebanon will fall when push comes to shove!

And Lebanese are by no means the only ones behaving like this. My mother in law keeps saying she opposes dual nationality when all her grandchildren are dual nationals (some even triple when you count the Lebanese nationality)

It's never happened to me using a Canadian passport.

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
the same people who went bazurk when france banned burkinis, saying that it was an empeachment of freedom, are now critisizing le pene for not wanting to wear a veil ... go figure

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
This is what happens when conservatism collides in and on itself.

On the one hand, you have Le Pen, who hypocritically wants people to conform to her culture in France while refuses to do the same in other countries. And on the other hand, you have the conservative religious establishment that forces its culture on people.

Michel Obama and Hillary Clinton never wore veils in Saudi Arabia, and are against forcing Muslim women to remove their veils in the US.

she didn't compromise her principles and she didn't force the mufti to compromise his either. she sent him her regards and informed him she cannot wear the headscarf. that is the civilized thing to do. it is possible that she deliberately did so to boost her campaign, but then again this is quite normal for candidates, hilary clinton wore the headscarf on several occasions during her campaign and in some of her visits outside the usa.

she is smart though, she knows what will put the media into frenzy mode that will reflect positively in her campaign in france, macron on the other hand has proven he cannot feel the pulse of the masses, of his own supporters, in his last visit to algeria.

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
Orange Room Supporter
she didn't compromise her principles and she didn't force the mufti to compromise his either. she sent him her regards and informed him she cannot wear the headscarf. that is the civilized thing to do. it is possible that she deliberately did so to boost her campaign, but then again this is quite normal for candidates, hilary clinton wore the headscarf on several occasions during her campaign and in some of her visits outside the usa.

she is smart though, she knows what will put the media into frenzy mode that will reflect positively in her campaign in france, macron on the other hand has proven he cannot feel the pulse of the masses, of his own supporters, in his last visit to algeria.

The problem isn't in wearing or removing the headscarf. The problem is in forcing others to abide by your way, whether that means wearing or removing the headscarf forcefully. Le Pen wants to forcefully remove it in France and Diryan wants to force women to wear it. Conservatism eats itself alive, my friend. The world doesn't work without compromise.

PS. I don't care about Macron or French politics or France in general. I don't even watch French football, given that I'm addicted to the sport.

Resistancefrom89

Too many weird rituals.... We need religious reforms.

I agree religious figure would love to meet a Haifa who would not wear anything :)

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
عندما يتواجد شيخ مسلم في كنيسة او اي صرح ديني مسيحي ويريد ان يتكلم يُسمح له ويبدأ كلامه بالبسملة والحمدلة دون اي معارضة.
اما المسيحي فلا

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
shefto keif
allahu akbar
take that le pen

تركيا تسمح للضباط وضباط الصف النساء العاملات في صفوف القوات التركية بارتداء الحجاب (الاناضول)

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
The problem isn't in wearing or removing the headscarf. The problem is in forcing others to abide by your way, whether that means wearing or removing the headscarf forcefully. Le Pen wants to forcefully remove it in France and Diryan wants to force women to wear it. Conservatism eats itself alive, my friend. The world doesn't work without compromise.

PS. I don't care about Macron or French politics or France in general. I don't even watch French football, given that I'm addicted to the sport.
i do not think you can take this one instance to generalize your call on conservatism. i could give you hundreds of similar examples about liberals. the conflict in ideologies is only normal and it manifests itself in different forms.

it of course should be a matter of choice and free will whether a woman decides to cover up or not. however there is a higher set of faculties that evaluates and consequently determines the validity of such choices.

does it fall within the margin of personal freedom for a woman to choose to cover her head? yes of course.
is it acceptable that a woman accepts the traditional implications of wearing the hijab? of course not.
a woman is not a 3awra.
a woman is not a lesser individual.
and a woman should have a leading role in society.

it is in the face of these issues that a statement should be made, not just marine lepen but by everyone else, especially those who consider themselves as progressive and liberals. no? yet the liberals, and mainly special interest groups, are using these issues to further their own agendas, without paying head to the rights of the individual or the suffering caused to many.

Last edited: