Game Changer: Russia to sell Syria S300

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
According to Isaiah 17:1, Damascus as a city will cease to exist.

“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap.
For this to happen, Isarel should use nuclear weapons.

For Israel to use a nuclear bomb they will need to feel like a caged cat in the corner. There are several military maneuvers that would accomplish that.

#1 If Syria used chemical weapons on Israel.
#2 If Israel had a large number of Syrian Scud missiles fired on them
or 3# the S300 which can fairly easily shoot down any jet in Israels arsenal.

So guess who is getting brand new S300 now ?

Actually the deal has been on the table since 2009 i think, but it was put on hold in 2012.
This week things were put in motion again.

Syria buying advanced Russian missile system, Israel says
Jerusalem warns US that delivery of S-300 batteries, which can down fighter planes and intercept cruise missiles, could hamper intervention efforts, according to the Wall Street Journal

US officials say they have been warned by Israel over the impending sale of an advanced Russian missile system to Syria, fearing it could hamper efforts for international intervention in the war-torn country.

Israel suspects that Russia plans to sell Damascus six S-300 missile batteries, as well as 144 missiles, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

The long-range ballistic system, which can down both fighter planes and intercept cruise missiles, would represent a significant upgrade for Syria’s already formidable *** defenses.

According to the report, Israeli officials say the deal has been in the works since 2010, when the government of Syrian President Bashar Assad began making payments for the $900 million package.
MoscowParade2009_7.jpg

S-300 anti-aircraft missile system at the Victory Parade, Red Square, 9 May 2009.
Although the S300 system have never fired a missile during real conflict but in a training last year against some NATO countries, it was a great success.

In May 2012 a large exercise took place in Slovakia under the code name MACE XIII, where SA-300PMU was challenged by modern NATO ECM/ESM sets under complex SEAD procedures. Several NATO countries took part in this exercise, French Mirage and Rafale, Danish F-16, Norway with DA-20, NATO E-3 AWACS, Turkish F-4, German Learjet with ECM/ESM set and approximately 4 others ground jammers with some partial success, with the result, that S-300PMU with professionally trained crew is capable of effective operations under complex ECM/ESM environment with high level of success.

• Advertisement
  • baleha

^^^
    Bashar, like his ugly father before him, knows his life and his gang will be eliminated when he decides to pose a strategic threat on Israel.
    Hence, Bashar, like his ugly father before him, will always play the right balance to protect his neck and assure to the Israelis that he will never cross the red lines.

He is a good puppy.

As for the S-300, nice toys, but you are exaggerating with your "3# the S300 which can fairly easily shoot down any jet in Israels arsenal.".

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    As for the S-300, nice toys, but you are exaggerating with your "3# the S300 which can fairly easily shoot down any jet in Israels arsenal.".
    I am not sure that even Israel knows what the S300 or it s other variants can do.

opium

S300 is old now and I am sure that Israel is capable of jamming it or at least limit its efficiency.
    Still it's a strategic weapon by all means and a big competitor for the American Patriot system. It can intercept ballistic missiles and shoot down fighter jets at a safe distance, also it is mobile and can be deployed in a matter of minutes unlike other systems.

Anyway before deploying this weapon, Syria should have an early warning system well covert with jamming abilities.It would be useless if Syria still cannot detect the Israelian fighters from its taking off point.
    One more point to add. Each battalion of these cost at least 1 billion usd. Who is going to pay the bill? I am not sure that Syria can do it at the moment.

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    S300 is old now and I am sure that Israel is capable of jamming it or at least limit its efficiency.
    Still it's a strategic weapon by all means and a big competitor for the American Patriot system. It can intercept ballistic missiles and shoot down fighter jets at a safe distance, also it is mobile and can be deployed in a matter of minutes unlike other systems.

Anyway before deploying this weapon, Syria should have an early warning system well covert with jamming abilities.It would be useless if Syria still cannot detect the Israelian fighters from its taking off point.
    One more point to add. Each battalion of these cost at least 1 billion usd. Who is going to pay the bill? I am not sure that Syria can do it at the moment.
    The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that Syria has already paid for part of the system's costs.

As for the S300 being old, well thats not completely true.
    Its correct that the system itself is from 1978 but many variants were built and upgraded, the newest one in 2011.

Syria wants to get the S-300P ( NATO naming: SA-10 ).

One S-300P unit consists of:
    1. a surveillance radar
    2. a fire control system
    3. a launch vehicles
    and 4. a low altitude detection radar

The S-300P or SA-10 also has sub variants.
    . The SA-10f introduced in 1992 has a range of 150km.
    . The SA-10d/e can carry a nuclear warhead.

As for the radar that comes with the basic S-300P unit, it can detect up to 300 planes/targets from 300KM away and flying as low as 60m.

The radar can also be upgraded to work on different frequencies in case it got jammed.

Anyway, all the information arent 100% accurate, as i said earlier, the system was never tested in a real combat.

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Another thing, Russia's concern that the US and the West are approaching a military intervention in the Syrian civil war is the reason Moscow pulled out its most effective pressure card – the intent to deliver S-300 missiles.

So this all might be a political game/pressure played by the Ruskies.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The S-300 has the reputation of being superior to the Patriot system. And I'm not talking about the S-400.

If Russia delivers the S-300 system to Syria, it will definitely be a game changer. Especially when joined to short and middle range equipment like the Thor-M1 and Pantsir system. And if the reports about Russia delivering the Iskander missiles to Syria are true, then we're most certainly on the brink of a World war.

Notice that during 26 months of battles and despite the many airfields and radar stations being run over by rebels, most probably led by NATO who provides the coordinates and commands such attacks, not a single sensitive technology equipment or advanced system was seized or destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Can you imagine if some of them end up in HA's hands?? is that the "game changer" reference SHN was making reference to??

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I hate to be the one bursting the bubble, but it seems the Russian foreign minister has just stated that Russia does not intend to sell S300s to Syria...

Is this thread meant to be ironic or something?

The S-300? LOL that piece of tanke is old and cannot do much against modern day *** technology.

[email protected] relating the Russians giving the Syrians this piece of garbage to the biblical end of times.

Wow, I really needed the laughs, thanks.

Danny Z

Legendary Member

The S-300? LOL that piece of tanke is old and cannot do much against modern day *** technology.

[email protected] relating the Russians giving the Syrians this piece of garbage to the biblical end of times.

Yeah thanks for the laugh, everytime you're here I laugh about how much you like to boast about your ignorance and make us all laugh at the same time

Here is from Wikipedia, I didn't have to look further first google search came up with this

The S-300 is regarded as one of the most potent anti-aircraft missile systems currently fielded
    source

Next time, unless your objective is to make us laugh at things that make you laugh and that makes us laugh because you laugh at things you shouldn't be laughing at, try google before you post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin

Do a small research and you will understand why i mentioned it.

You should really learn to post only when you have something useful to say.

Or at least back up your posts with some facts, do a little effort in your writings, i am sure it will do you some good and members will start respecting you more.

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member

do urself n us a favor n shut up

i know it must be shocking to ur ego, but mish kil shi btifham fi

u make us lebanese christians seem like stupid arab bedouns buddy

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    According to Isaiah 17:1, Damascus as a city will cease to exist.

For this to happen, Isarel should use nuclear weapons.

For Israel to use a nuclear bomb they will need to feel like a caged cat in the corner. There are several military maneuvers that would accomplish that.

#1 If Syria used chemical weapons on Israel.
    #2 If Israel had a large number of Syrian Scud missiles fired on them
    or 3# the S300 which can fairly easily shoot down any jet in Israels arsenal.

So guess who is getting brand new S300 now ?

Actually the deal has been on the table since 2009 i think, but it was put on hold in 2012.
    This week things were put in motion again.

MoscowParade2009_7.jpg

Although the S300 system have never fired a missile during real conflict but in a training last year against some NATO countries, it was a great success.
    its unlikely they will sell the syrians anything hi-tech these days

u have to train them to use it first, and without a war the syrians are slow n hibil

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    its unlikely they will sell the syrians anything hi-tech these days

u have to train them to use it first, and without a war the syrians are slow n hibil
    They dont have to train them now. A couple of russian officers can operate it and Iranian are already trained on the system, they can help also

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    the real importance here is not the accuracy of the system, but rather the Russian commitment and the red lines it has imposed, this is a clear political message that Russia is willing to change the strategic balance in order to safeguard its interests, and at the moment this is more important than the delivery of such missiles, and chances are they will expire before being ever being used. this is indeed a game changer, but rather from a political perspective, in other words, Russia will not let the assad regime fall no matter what.

and frankly i think Russia will not let the qatari gas line pass through to europe, it will have severe geopolitical consequences on the Russian federation and its relation with the european nations.

i think we will shortly begin witnessing changes in the regional politics after this message is delivered, starting from walid jumblat lol.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I hate to be the one bursting the bubble, but it seems the Russian foreign minister has just stated that Russia does not intend to sell S300s to Syria...
    We still do not have the slap button but I hope it will be for soon :p

Anyway, the debate is valid. Are the S-300 game changers? I think they are.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Russia has no plans to sell S-300 systems to Syria - Lavrov

10/05/2013

732188.JPEG

WARSAW, May 10 (Itar-Tass) - Russia has no plans to sell S-300 long-range surface-to-*** missile systems to Syria and is completing its arms deliveries under the previous contracts, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told a joint news conference with his German and Polish counterparts Guido Westerwelle and Radoslaw Sikorski on Friday.

Russia has no plans to sell, it already sold long ago, and it is now completing supplies under the previous contracts on units that are *** defence systems,” he said. “This is not banned by any international norms, these are defence weapons.”

“They are intended for Syria in this case to have an opportunity to defend itself from *** strikes. And this, as we know, is not too fantastic scenario,” Lavrov said.

http://www.itar-tass.com/en/c32/732188.html

OK, maybe a word in the title should be changed into "deliver" instead of "sell" ...3afwan Ya 3amme Ma Twekhzouna :biggrin: