Garbage Dumped Along Coast in Lebanon - Where is the Accountability?

Is the garbage today on the coast of Kisarwan

• Government fault

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Sami Gemayel Fault

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nature

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Lebanese People

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Some will say, oh you went after municipality because it belongs to Kataeb... 3am tetmarjlo 3a Sami.
Mesh mkhalsin ma3kon, eza re7na 3al kada2 betsarkho w eza ma re7na betsarkho... afterall, FPM does what it see the best for the country.
ya khayeh in here there is jarimeh mawsoufi, but let me ask you something, do you really want to convince people that you didn't do it because of this reason ??? Ma b3elmeh the law is above all, now you fear a public backlash that won't happen after the scandalous scenes on the shore ?
Mbayan you were not afraid of the public backlash when you went after Ghanem ?

• Advertisement
  • CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    A government that the FPM was part of and yet they didn't do anything to stop this.

Then, the FPM came to power and held the environment ministry.
    The minister could've easily cancelled the contract.
    But he didn't.

That's the definition of incompetence
    First they were in minority in the government
    Second a minister can’t cancel a contract you have to pay reparations and the garbage will return to the streets

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    ya khayeh in here there is jarimeh mawsoufi, but let me ask you something, do you really want to convince people that you didn't do it because of this reason ??? Ma b3elmeh the law is above all, now you fear a public backlash that won't happen after the scandalous scenes on the shore ?
    Mbayan you were not afraid of the public backlash when you went after Ghanem ?
    Municipalities belong to the Minister of Interior. Not sure what would dragging the municipality to court would do? Fines? Really, you want to strip Beit Shabeb the couple dollars they have? Jail the mayor and council?

superduper703

superduper703

Let's put responsibilities where it belongs. What Sami did yesterday was shameful. Disinforming the public is an equal crime as that of corruption
    You're still avoiding the obvious. We're not here to slag Sami for his idiotic display. People don't care about scoring political points. We're here to find who's responsible for this environmental disaster. It's squarely with the government and the ministry of Environment.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Municipalities belong to the Minister of Interior. Not sure what would dragging the municipality to court would do? Fines? Really, you want to strip Beit Shabeb the couple dollars they have? Jail the mayor and council?
    Ghanem/LBC relates to ministry of information, still you were able to get him...
    Now you have to stop dancing around the problem, for once in your contribution to this forum you have to open your eyes and see reality.
    You are in charge now, you have the president, many ministries, you are making stand off with Berri, you simply can't convince anyone of your twisted logic...
    Ma fi mouda3i 3am dakhlak yet7arrak to stop polluting environment and hurt people health or is he busy with Gerges, Ghanem and others...
    3ayb ste7o ba2a...

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Ghanem/LBC relates to ministry of information, still you were able to get him...
    Now you have to stop dancing around the problem, for once in your contribution to this forum you have to open your eyes and see reality.
    You are in charge now, you have the president, many ministries, you are making stand off with Berri, you simply can't convince anyone of your twisted logic...
    Ma fi mouda3i 3am dakhlak yet7arrak to stop polluting environment and hurt people health or is he busy with Gerges, Ghanem and others...
    3ayb ste7o ba2a...
    As far as I know, there's an investigation committee to allocate proper responsibilities. How can the General Prosecutor go after the municipality without evidence from a proper authority?

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    You're still avoiding the obvious. We're not here to slag Sami for his idiotic display. People don't care about scoring political points. We're here to find who's responsible for this environmental disaster. It's squarely with the government and the ministry of Environment.
    Overall, it's the government for not achieving a solution ; However, FPM is battling the corrupts in the Cabinet to achieve the best solution for the Lebanese people. Some Lebanese don't deserve FPM struggle and efforts...

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Overall, it's the government for not achieving a solution ; However, FPM is battling the corrupts in the Cabinet to achieve the best solution for the Lebanese people. Some Lebanese don't deserve FPM struggle and efforts...
    7aj trabe7 el 3alam jmileh, so far no difference for the average lebanese guys.... nothing has changed...
    and PMA statement today really pissed me off, speaking about silent reforms !!!
    what the f**k man ??? Silent reforms ? how, what and where are we supposed to know what is happening? when the 6years are over?
    bkafe de7ek 3al 3alam..
    I understand in every part of the world new governments are happy to show their reforms, some appeal to the people some do not, but no one speaks about silent reforms and brag about it... you make silent deals, but reforms are publicised....

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You can find something positive in almost anything bad we are
    We shoot, stab and fistfight one another because we are born tough warriors (being tough is very attractive)
    We install idiots to dominate us because we are loyal to our super users (loyalty is a fine property)
    We show off because that boosts self confidence (self confidence, a very good thing, must have )
    We reward banda2a in our jungle because the opposite, honesty, is self destructive (living on is better than not)

But what good is there being 2al3outeen w mejwiyeen, tal3a ri7etna, swimming in 2araf, looking at wassakh? I am struggling to find anything good in this particular bad

What has become of us?

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

7aj trabe7 el 3alam jmileh, so far no difference for the average lebanese guys.... nothing has changed...
    what the f**k man ??? Silent reforms ? how, what and where are we supposed to know what is happening? when the 6years are over?
    bkafe de7ek 3al 3alam..
    I understand in every part of the world new governments are happy to show their reforms, some appeal to the people some do not, but no one speaks about silent reforms and brag about it... you make silent deals, but reforms are publicised....
    The whole country is a disgrace. One to be ashamed of.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    bkafe de7ek 3al 3alam..
    There are lots of reforms and projects made in this government. If you chose not to see it, it's because you're bias.
    Other than having security stability, the economic growth went up 2%. And this growth trend will continue because the President and his party's priority is stability. Enta w Sami 23odo nazro and FPM will be fighting for you as it has been going on each issue; be it as small as employing 7rass ghebet to oil and gas production.

But I'm not sure why answered my post as if you felt it meant towards you.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    There are lots of reforms and projects made in this government. If you chose not to see it, it's because you're bias.
    Other than having security stability, the economic growth went up 2%. And this growth trend will continue because the President and his party's priority is stability. Enta w Sami 23odo nazro and FPM will be fighting for you as it has been going on each issue; be it as small as employing 7rass ghebet to oil and gas production.

But I'm not sure why answered my post as if you felt it meant towards you.
    I am not biased, I have been supportive when I felt you are doing right, and critic when you are not doing good.

I am not with Sami the kid, so you can't mix is together، actually I am against him and made it clear I will vote for Ibrahim Kanaan but this is in no way a blank check.

Now why I chose to reply to you is because your constant justification provokes me, I said before that btrakeb El Dakar 3al dakar and you know my opinion about that :D :D

It's very good that the security seems to be good, I am not denying it and PMA fingerprints are clear but this didn't start with with him. It is part of the international cover to the security in Lebanon. Even when security issues occured like nahr el bared, Assir, Arsal, Hariri kidnapping they didn't go out of control.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    To tell you the truth. The average citizen including me do not really care where the garbage is from, the result is still the same.

My problem with the garbage is not only the recent one, my problem starts with the citizen throwing shit from his car to the side of the roads garbage to the random mini-dumpsters around the country etc...

So:
    1. Sami is trying to score cheap political points, yes.
    2. The current government did come up with a plan but in my opinion it is not enough and the application of it is very slow.
    3. We should do more, awareness campaigns, more protection to the forests, more forests, more green everywhere, etc....

Our Lebanese environment needs a lot of work, what FPM is doing is the mere minimum here, we need to work much much much more.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Yes, the municipality belongs to his party and the illegal activities is Samis fault. We all know how closely related these political municipalities and their mayors with the parry leadership.
    It remains, was Sami lying about the source of the garbage, trying to cover up on municipality that belongs to his party, or acted like an idiot loser who have no clue on things but rushed to point fingers and take pictures as if it will bring solution to the crises?

Sami is trying to score points; he offers nothing but false accusations. If FPM bites back, you and him can't come back crying. We warned you that FPM changed and it will not tolerate lies against it from now on.

The Minister of Environment is working on a permanent solution and it will be proposed to the Cabinet soon. This is how responsible parties work, not whore around for a couple of votes.
    I really don't care whether the FPM bites back.
    All they need to do is clean up the garbage they had a hand in letting spread.

And as far as responsible parties go, the FPM can't be counted as one of them.
    It doesn't take 3 years to come up with a solution about the garbage issue.

If it does that long for them, we would all be dead by the time the solution will be implemented.
    Their negligence is nothing short of criminal.
    And the fact that you're covering for them, makes you an accomplice in this.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    First they were in minority in the government
    Second a minister can’t cancel a contract you have to pay reparations and the garbage will return to the streets
    First, they could've said something even if they were a minority, but we both know they didn't.
    Second, a minister CAN cancel a contract based on so many things. I'm pretty sure this contract violates a certain number of laws and rules from at least the environment ministry.
    And even if there's a reparation to be paid, it's better to pay some money than to have a whole ecosystem wiped out.
    Not to mention that if the incompetent minister had done his job, garbage will never return to the streets.
    But he's too busy making a fool of himself on national TV to show that he's working.
    I don't know who's more pathetic, him or people defending him.

Last but not least, you FPMers are funny.
    Whenever a good decision is taking in the government, you hail it as your own.
    But when a bad one is, you claim that you're just a minority and can't do anything about it.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Not sure what legal procedures can be taken against Sami and his municipality that caused the crises; but if one do, promise you won't come here and make Sami as a victim to FPM witch hunt ?
    You are seriously still blaming Sami?
    The government knew about that dump and did nothing.
    Yet, you want to blame a nobody.

3anjad chi bi bakke...I feel pity for you guys

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    No, sit there and do nothing until the seashore and rivers are filled with garbage.
    Then blame it on Sami for political gain....

Then what?
    Our aquifers will still be polluted, our water will still be dirty, our seashore will still be littered.
    Bass ahamma chi Sami.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    To tell you the truth. The average citizen including me do not really care where the garbage is from, the result is still the same.

My problem with the garbage is not only the recent one, my problem starts with the citizen throwing shit from his car to the side of the roads garbage to the random mini-dumpsters around the country etc...

So:
    2. The current government did come up with a plan but in my opinion it is not enough and the application of it is very slow.
    3. We should do more, awareness campaigns, more protection to the forests, more forests, more green everywhere, etc....

Our Lebanese environment needs a lot of work, what FPM is doing is the mere minimum here, we need to work much much much more.
    The government came up with a plan, a bad one, and 3 years late.
    Or, since the FPM purists will jump on my neck, 1 year late.

This should've been a priority.
    It's unfair to sugarcoat the FPM's and the government's blatant incompetence and carelessness by saying that they came up with a plan which application is slow.
    I think people are being too soft on the government and it's enraging.

It's time to call things as they are.
    The government and at its head, the FPM (since they control the environment ministry), have failed the Lebanese people terribly, they are contributing to polluting our water, shores, food and nature and they should take most of the blame instead of hiding behind their cowardly and shameful attack on a nobody.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

So:

Suppose the role are flipped and Bassil was in the opposition what do you think he would have done ??
    If you are not sure just remember his tweets defending Jean Assi you know how he rushes to score political points...
    Actually no one blames opposition to score points when the gov do sh*t.

At one moment in time FPM should take responsibility, it's in office now... It can't continue in opposition mentality...

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

So:

the makab in bayt shabab, the bi2a minister ordered it close few months back and nothing happened
    we all know, that tayyar is trying to do a lot, but otehrs keep frustratiung and stopping their efforts for so many reasons
    even in 7rajelk mireille aoun went personally to stop one marmalle and eventually she couldnt , depsite the ministe rordering it

you know that tayyar can do so much on its own and when they are left or manages to act, they achieve the results
    what can tayyar do when they frusrtate them as een the case sine 2006

keep pushing and struggling, there is no other option and hoping for results against all odds

the ma7ra2a was ready in bayt shabab since 2 years and till date tayayr is being stopped forcefully from using it
    cause if the bi2a minsiter approves it, others minsiters refuses and thats the curx of the matter.

OTHERS have other plans ,that got to do with everything but the public and people best interests

what you mentioned about making awareness wa wa wa, is nice and dandy and has been done, but in reality, those obstructionist dnt even care about public opinion, cause the public is already bought

take the litani, its an ecologcal disaster as mots of teh villages tehre are suffering
    they all know that its berri people who are running all the illgelas sand quarries and yet not one shia giuy dard to challenge him
    same goes for the druze towns, they shut up whgen jumblat makes a deal

sadly we2fet on us, the christians who support tayyar to try and fix that bloody nation, ( that we live in ) and we have to fight the other people and the politicians

the solution

there is none, just keep pressing and hoping for a lucky break, maybe like the oil an gas, when the shia needed General after hariir issue and allowed the oil deal to move on....( pray they dont delay it in the parliament or when it comes to MoF signature, etc,)