Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
You know Bassil was obstructed by LF and Amal true
But LF did it because he lied on them about numbers of ministers
With berry the relations was always not good
But Bassil mistakes was to be obsessed with ships for a number of years also
Why his contract was always rejected by mounakassat
Finally the best example Deir al amar ( @lebanese1 couldnt answer me )
Two years and a half after receiving the green light from government why the government didn’t launch the construction to be done by private companies
Second why négociations only with Alaa Khawaja ( partner of Harriri in Mediterranean bank) and teddy rahme
Why Egypt in one year was able to build with Siemens 15,000 megawatts
Lebanon 10 years built only 300 megawatts
Truly Dear Doctor obstructing was not only the reason
Bad governance if not more ( corruption)
Is also a reason
The electricity saga under FPM is a decade-long, ongoing struggle with many twists and turns and tens (if not hundreds) of talking points. I'll agree with you on one thing: it would be naive to blame the non-results only on obstruction without taking a deep, critical look into what happened and why. Some of the things you mention I am familiar with, others I am not. It's posts like yours that remind me how thick the file truly is and make me want to start a real initiative to gather, archive and analyse whatever information is available to reach some kind of consensual truth.

• Advertisement
  • CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    The electricity saga under FPM is a decade-long, ongoing struggle with many twists and turns and tens (if not hundreds) of talking points. I'll agree with you on one thing: it would be naive to blame the non-results only on obstruction without taking a deep, critical look into what happened and why. Some of the things you mention I am familiar with, others I am not. It's posts like yours that remind me how thick the file truly is and make me want to start a real initiative to gather, archive and analyse whatever information is available to reach some kind of consensual truth.
    I will focus on one matter dear Doctor
    The building of deir el amar
    500/700 megawatts
    Obstruction by Amal true for a number of years ( over 10 percent tva 50 million dollars 💵; when electricity was losing 2 billion dollars per year )
    In 2016/2017
    International arbitration was avoided by an agreement with the company who got the tender
    Minister of energy was given green light to sign a contact with the company PPP
    Public private partnership
    The company will build the electricity factory and it will take the profits for a number of years
    Contract not signed until now ( after 2 years )
    The négociations was with a man kawaja who was the business partner of the PM
    Frankly what can we say
    If only all FMP people were like you
    Respectable person

dyyyy

dyyyy

There's also one other point to take into account for the difference the MoT and the energy ministry, it's the status of FPM during both (how much it has effect is subjective)

But when Bassil/Charbel Nahas handled the MoT , the FPM were in a weak position and their power came from their popularity, this is why achievements were essential for them. These days FPM power is more and more coming from its alliances and clientelism, this is why we're seeing weaker achievements with the energy and more suspicious files (Even the first years in the energy ministry the fight to take out the mouyawimin were clear and work towards improvements were visible).

To view it more clearly the opposite happened with LF and Kataeb, when 14 March was at its peak they were happy with their alliances and didn't care about achievements (and during that time you could see that LF and Kataeb media had nothing to say but try to discredit FPM form their achievements).

When they crumbled and after LF tried to integrate with HA/FPM and been thrown out, they're finally using the same tactic FPM used before.
    This is why LF brought Camille Bou Sleiman as a minister and Kataeb suddenly became too exigent on laws and proposals.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    At least she made her fortune before she got into politics
    Unlike your supreme leader jr 🙂
    Try again
    akh ya allah chou ma2hour😂😂
    for once either prove that he stole or kindly stfu and enjoy yaakoubian tier politicians
    #rumor_peddler

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    At least she made her fortune before she got into politics
    Unlike your supreme leader jr 🙂
    Try again
    Maybe how she made her fortune is the reason why she never called Saniora and Hariri corrupt.

She can't be trusted. No one can afford a monthly mortgage payment of $10000 being a mere journalist on Future TV.

VH Redux

VH Redux

Maybe how she made her fortune is the reason why she never called Saniora and Hariri corrupt.

She can't be trusted. No one can afford a monthly mortgage payment of $10000 being a mere journalist on Future TV.
    she has a political consultancy company.

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    she has a political consultancy company.
    and Aounists say that Bassil is a genius architect. At least there is money to be made from real estate, but political consultancy? Masheena. She is not genuine when she can't call out her masters Saniora and Hariri while pointing at Bassil all the time.

VH Redux

VH Redux

and Aounists say that Bassil is a genius architect. At least there is money to be made from real estate, but political consultancy? Masheena. She is not genuine when she can't call out her masters Saniora and Hariri while pointing at Bassil all the time.
    she is definitely not genuine and haririya siyasiya stooge

but political consultancy rakes a lot of money .. she probably got these gigs because of hariri & co

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    she is definitely not genuine and haririya siyasiya stooge

but political consultancy rakes a lot of money .. she probably got these gigs because of hariri & co
    And look at Hariri now. I wonder what kind of consultancy she has provided that lead him to be kidnapped and spanked by a retarded Khaliji. She is either highly incompetent at her job or have been sleeping in corrupt circles all her life, both of which do not merit the image she tries to portray as the people's MP.

VH Redux

VH Redux

And look at Hariri now. I wonder what kind of consultancy she has provided that lead him to be kidnapped and spanked by a retarded Khaliji. She is either highly incompetent at her job or have been sleeping in corrupt circles all her life, both of which do not merit the image she tries to portray as the people's MP.
    he said once in an interview that she did consultancy to iraqi and armenian political parties

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    الوزير باسيل و السيد نادر الحريري عقدا 83 صفقة دون مناقصة...

الديار، "موقع كارلوس شارل" - 2018/02/02

قام الوزير جبران باسيل من مواقعه في وزارة الإتصالات و خاصة في وزارة الطاقة منذ سنة 2009 إلى حد الآن أي طوال 9 سنوات بعقد صفقات دون مناقصة و خارج إطار تطبيق القوانين بتوقيع 73 صفقة بالتنسيق مكع السيد نادر الحريري مستشار الرئيس سعد الحريري حيث أن الرئيس سعد الحريري دعم كل الصفقات التي إتفق عليها الوزير جبران باسيل و نادر الحريري مستشار الرئيس سعد الحريري و تقدر بمئات ملايين الدولارات و كل ذلك جرى دون مناقصة و دون دفتر شروط معينة، بل بالتراضي بقرار بمذكرة ادارية من الوزير حيث تم صرف مئات الملايين من الدولارات.

و هذا ما جعل الوزراء و حركة أمل و غيرهم ينتفضون ضد تصرفات الوزير جبران باسيل خاصة و أن القوات اللبنانية كان لديها إعتراضات كبيرة على صفقات الوزير باسيل، و آخر صفقة إستئجار سفينتين تركيتين بمليار و 800 مليون دولار لمدة 5 سنوات دون أن تعطي نتيجة إذ بعد 5 سنوات ترحل السفن التركية و لا يملك لبنان أي مولد للطاقة الكهربائية.

و قد أبلغ الدكتور سمير جعجع أنه في حال تمرير هذه الصفقة فإن وزراء القوات اللبنانية قد يستقيلون أو يعتكفون أو يرفضون الإجتماع ضمن مجلس الوزراء.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    الوزير باسيل و السيد نادر الحريري عقدا 83 صفقة دون مناقصة...

الديار، "موقع كارلوس شارل" - 2018/02/02

قام الوزير جبران باسيل من مواقعه في وزارة الإتصالات و خاصة في وزارة الطاقة منذ سنة 2009 إلى حد الآن أي طوال 9 سنوات بعقد صفقات دون مناقصة و خارج إطار تطبيق القوانين بتوقيع 73 صفقة بالتنسيق مكع السيد نادر الحريري مستشار الرئيس سعد الحريري حيث أن الرئيس سعد الحريري دعم كل الصفقات التي إتفق عليها الوزير جبران باسيل و نادر الحريري مستشار الرئيس سعد الحريري و تقدر بمئات ملايين الدولارات و كل ذلك جرى دون مناقصة و دون دفتر شروط معينة، بل بالتراضي بقرار بمذكرة ادارية من الوزير حيث تم صرف مئات الملايين من الدولارات.

و هذا ما جعل الوزراء و حركة أمل و غيرهم ينتفضون ضد تصرفات الوزير جبران باسيل خاصة و أن القوات اللبنانية كان لديها إعتراضات كبيرة على صفقات الوزير باسيل، و آخر صفقة إستئجار سفينتين تركيتين بمليار و 800 مليون دولار لمدة 5 سنوات دون أن تعطي نتيجة إذ بعد 5 سنوات ترحل السفن التركية و لا يملك لبنان أي مولد للطاقة الكهربائية.

و قد أبلغ الدكتور سمير جعجع أنه في حال تمرير هذه الصفقة فإن وزراء القوات اللبنانية قد يستقيلون أو يعتكفون أو يرفضون الإجتماع ضمن مجلس الوزراء.

Aldiyyar :lol: