Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

• Advertisement
  • Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    This is obviously what Bassil is good at and where he should have concentrated his efforts and skills.
    Projects. Everyone concedes that he is a relentless hard working man. Someone else should have carried the tasks of politics and communication instead. One of Aouns and FPMs strategic mistakes.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    This is obviously what Bassil is good at and where he should have concentrated his efforts and skills.
    Projects. Everyone concedes that he is a relentless hard working man. Someone else should have carried the tasks of politics and communication instead. One of Aouns and FPMs strategic mistakes.
    projects of this scale need the sort of funding that cannot be procured without the consent of the involved parties. some people are now wishing, in the open, that something goes wrong with this dam, and they are many. so no, not everyone concedes that bassil is a relentless working man, people in the revolution have been cussing him day in and day out, despite him being working around the clock.

every single project that FPM has undertaken is being obstructed and fought by almost everyone, including a good portion of the masses.

the strategic mistake is not that bassil should have stayed away from politics and concentrated on such projects, it is rather that FPM overestimated the integrity and the honor of the Lebanese people. but that can be corrected, i hope.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

the strategic mistake is not that bassil should have stayed away from politics and concentrated on such projects, it is rather that FPM overestimated the integrity and the honor of the Lebanese people. but that can be corrected, i hope.
    And that's your strategic mistake, you're still masking drastic mistakes FPM made in speech delivery, media, branding and overall political program by blaming it on the masses. If the populace turned against you, you have to re-assess how did it get you here, instead you take the fidelio and Hillary Clinton approach, "They're deplorables!".

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And that's your strategic mistake, you're still masking drastic mistakes FPM made in speech delivery, media, branding and overall political program by blaming it on the masses. If the populace turned against you, you have to re-assess how did it get you here, instead you take the fidelio and Hillary Clinton approach, "They're deplorables!".

One expects a population that went through iron and sulfur for many years to mature enough and realize that the only way forward in this country is deep reform and actually support the ones doing so. But then again, the whining bunch would much prefer holding Bassil accountable for his mismanagement of something as internal as image and branding than to focus on the real problems. The same amount of scrutiny is not equally spread across the entire board of political parties unfortunately, and some people have the nerve, you included, to come offer insincere advice to a party you never wholeheartedly supported and whose name you hypocritically claim as a forum identity.

Deplorables is a extremely mild term and i say it without hesitation.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    projects of this scale need the sort of funding that cannot be procured without the consent of the involved parties. some people are now wishing, in the open, that something goes wrong with this dam, and they are many. so no, not everyone concedes that bassil is a relentless working man, people in the revolution have been cussing him day in and day out, despite him being working around the clock.

every single project that FPM has undertaken is being obstructed and fought by almost everyone, including a good portion of the masses.

We are derailing, playing the victim and accusing. You are preaching to the choir, we obviously agree on the malice and ill intentions and corruption of most parties.
    Unfortunately, this was the same strategy and tactics used by Bassil, to confront, blame and be cocky, which led to a disaster to FPM. You can't beat the parties you are accusing at their own game.
    Again, imho if the party wants to move forward, this is not this right tactics. I hope you read that my message bears some friendly blame, and that we could simply for once concentrate on the errors committed regardless of the sins of others.
    FPM lost a lot by having a character like Bassil constantly exposed to the media and negotiations.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

One expects a population that went through iron and sulfur for many years to mature enough and realize that the only way forward in this country is deep reform and actually support the ones doing so. But then again, the whining bunch would much prefer holding Bassil accountable for his mismanagement of something as internal as image and branding than to focus on the real problems. The same amount of scrutiny is not equally spread across the entire board of political parties unfortunately, and some people have the nerve, you included, to come offer insincere advice to a party you never wholeheartedly supported and whose name you hypocritically claim as a forum identity.

Deplorables is a extremely mild term and i say it without hesitation.
    People want reform but because Michel Aoun, Bassil and FPM's myriad of strategic PR ****-up since 2005, the people don't believe that you are the party that will lead change and reform.

I concur that Bassil is unfairly blamed for a whole lot of things but frequently he gives unsolicited ammunition to the opposing side and because there's a state of denial in FPM and a refusal to acknowledge the mistakes happen with them, these blunders keep happening.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    People want reform but because Michel Aoun, Bassil and FPM's myriad of strategic PR ****-up since 2005, the people don't believe that you are the party that will lead change and reform.
    I concur that Bassil is unfairly blamed for a whole lot of things but frequently he gives unsolicited ammunition to the opposing side and because there's a state of denial in FPM and a refusal to acknowledge the mistakes happen with them, these blunders keep happening.
    [/QUOTE]

So FPM is to be blamed for not replying to the countless daily defamation campaigns that were orchestrated, all while they worked on plans for reform. And yes, the PR blunders happen, but they get the malicious spotlight on every damn media outlet when it's FPM. Again, double standards and disproportionate scrutiny.
    What a piss poor argument that is, when one has to hold FPM to such high standards and then blames them for being discredited when almost all the defamation campaigns are openly malicious.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

So FPM is to be blamed for not replying to the countless daily defamation campaigns that were orchestrated, all while they worked on plans for reform. And yes, the PR blunders happen, but they get the malicious spotlight on every damn media outlet when it's FPM. Again, double standards and disproportionate scrutiny.
    What a piss poor argument that is, when one has to hold FPM to such high standards and then blames them for being discredited when almost all the defamation campaigns are openly malicious.
    No, I'm going back to 2005 when FPM should have created a strong media department geared towards all Lebanese instead of arousing sectarian tensions and making Sunnis more rabid FMers in the process just like some morons in the thawra like Gino Riady are making Aounists more die-hard everytime they attack them.

If FPM did that, then the lies and aspertions wouldn't have worked anymore bel 3akes it would have worked to FPM's favor. Moreover, accusations are normal and expected in the realm of politics, if you're surprised by them, then that's entirely on you.

There was a way to corral the people around you and strip the political parties from their power but FPM failed to do that.

N.B.: I concur for the hundredth time that Bassil doesn't deserve the vilification he's getting.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No, I'm going back to 2005 when FPM should have created a strong media department geared towards all Lebanese instead of arousing sectarian tensions and making Sunnis more rabid FMers in the process just like some morons in the thawra like Gino Riady are making Aounists more die-hard everytime they attack them.

If FPM did that, then the lies and aspertions wouldn't have worked anymore bel 3akes it would have worked to FPM's favor. Moreover, accusations are normal and expected in the realm of politics, if you're surprised by them, then that's entirely on you.

There was a way to corral the people around you and strip the political parties from their power but FPM failed to do that.

N.B.: I concur for the hundredth time that Bassil doesn't deserve the vilification he's getting.
    Now you're going back 15 years to entrench yourself in yet another imaginary argument. Maybe you weren't following much at the time but i shouyld remind you that the Future TV never ceased to mobilize its sectarian hatred towards Aoun and FPM. Future Movement religious figures spewed sectarian hatred in mosques, there were recordings that would make a pimp shy into his own clothes. FM politicians all around the country from Tripoli to Saida to Akkar and Denniye all the way to Mazare3 Shebaa cursing Aoun with vile sectarian propaganda and nobody cared to denounce any one of them. It went like this for years, unchecked by the politically correct assholes we see and hear today.

Spare me your retrospective attempt at finding a point; FPM rank and file have always adopted a unifying and secular approach to every little issue in the country. We were not the ones who turned the Serail into a mosque for friday prayers, we did not encourage religious figures to brew sectarian hatred, we accepted all democratically elected officials and representatives and respected everyone across the board. Our only drawback is that we don't have armed goons to enforce respect for ourselves like almost everyone does, because this seems to be the only way in this part of the world. Another reason to call the deplorables for what they really are.