Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Okay, thanks for the reply.

eza 7ada 3ando twitter account, can you please reply to Ziyad Hayek? Would like to see what his answer would be. Maybe we can get him to do an AMA.

@SeaAb @Dr. Strangelove @Orangina
Better yet, I can put in a good word for you and get you your own twitter account. Interested?

• Advertisement
  • Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Better yet, I can put in a good word for you and get you your own twitter account. Interested?
    Lesh ma 7ada tay2o la @The_FPMer? Walla he's not that bad. 😅

As for the topic at hand... I am honestly quite clueless about the whole thing.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Lesh ma 7ada tay2o la @The_FPMer? Walla he's not that bad. 😅

As for the topic at hand... I am honestly quite clueless about the whole thing.
    DA doesn't fancy me because I tell him things that he doesn't want to read because it makes him rethink his entire outlook on Lebanese politics. It's funny because just 20 minutes ago I was having a conversation with a Charbel Nahas supporter who I had the fortune (misfortune?) of meeting. He ended up calling me a sell-out and blocked me because I told him that the Lebanese are also to blame for this mess because they keep voting for the same politicians (mainly out of lack of better alternatives) and Charbel Nahas still hasn't exploited two big protests in 2016 and 2019 to his advantage and most people still know very little about him or his party and this proved that he's incompetent in politics and doesn't have the aggression to withstand the cunning of the current Lebanese zou3ama. He couldn't handle having his small bubble getting bursted.

As for SeaAb, bi moun <3 *samir geagea voice*

Last edited:
    Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    DA doesn't fancy me because I tell him things that he doesn't want to read because it makes him rethink his entire outlook on Lebanese politics. ...
    i do not fancy you because you do more harm than good in particular as your priorities are all out of order, you are more motivated by your hatred for FPM and bassil than you are by your love for your compatriots and your country, add to it that truth means nothing to you in your process to divulge whatever is eating you up from the inside, all of that makes for a one track mind that really neutralizes the potential for constructiveness. you are waging a personal war against bassil, one that we could have ignored when the sun is shining and the future is bright, however in the grim reality we are going through at the moment, every little misdirect blow only serves to empower the chronic evils that are refusing to let go.

and Lebanese are not to blame because they have been voting for the "same" people, they are to blame because they have no clue what caliber of people to vote for. you can break that "same" mantra by voting for someone much worse than nabih birri and walid jumblat. "voting for the same people" is a slogan raised by those even worse. whereas "voting for the good people" is the slogan that should be the norm.

yalla do the semantics now.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

i do not fancy you because you do more harm than good in particular as your priorities are all out of order, you are more motivated by your hatred for FPM and bassil than you are by your love for your compatriots and your country, add to it that truth means nothing to you in your process to divulge whatever is eating you up from the inside, all of that makes for a one track mind that really neutralizes the potential for constructiveness. you are waging a personal war against bassil, one that we could have ignored when the sun is shining and the future is bright, however in the grim reality we are going through at the moment, every little misdirect blow only serves to empower the chronic evils that are refusing to let go.

and Lebanese are not to blame because they have been voting for the "same" people, they are to blame because they have no clue what caliber of people to vote for. you can break that "same" mantra by voting for someone much worse than nabih birri and walid jumblat. "voting for the same people" is a slogan raised by those even worse. whereas "voting for the good people" is the slogan that should be the norm.

yalla do the semantics now.
    tsk tsk tsk, dear Dark Angel, I see your biases are getting the best of you. It's alright it happens when everything is boiled down to black and white, us vs them, when the "them" are demonized beyond belief in an effort to keep the subjective warped truth as is.

I do not have a personal vendetta against Bassil nor I'm waging a war against him. For you to believe something as ridiculous as that proves how much paranoia has gotten hold of you, stemming from your fear of looking at other perspectives because they threaten yours.

I have praised Bassil when he was the only one who opposed the flooding of our country by Syrian refugees, sadly he and his allies didn't do anything concrete about it to stop the flow. I praised his work in the telecom ministry and his efforts to organized the Lebanese diaspora and his successful campaign to provide them the ability to vote.

Just like I praised Michel Aoun for being the only one screaming about corruption of the Hariri clan & co since 2005.

Having said that, that doesn't absolve them from the perennial f*ck-ups that they commit and refuse to acknowledge because their small little egos can't take a critique. You and them have that in common. Populations all over the world are known for their naiveness and their short attention spans. People will attach themselves and idolize the pettiest of human beings just because those "idols" give them a sense of strength and purpose. If you couldn't mobilize enough people for your cause, because your media and PR departments are ran by oblivious fools who got the job soley for sucking-up to Michel Aoun or a close friend of his, don't blame me for it, or for highlighting it. FPM never had a strategy since 2005. It was and still is being ran like a traditional party from the 70s where Michel Aoun has to be always right else you're a traitor. He's been over-promising and severely unde-delivering since the late 80s, but you blame me for offering a critique of his feckless performance? Hah.

If I insert a disclaimer naming the rest of the politicians as more corrupt than FPM and holding them more responsibility in destroying the country than Michel Aoun and Bassil would it calm your insecurities and your ultra-subjective biases? let me know. I would be happy to help. Maybe I can write it in my signature.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Of course dear DA, I understand that you as a student of the fidelio school of communication think that marketing and advertising are scams and that it is the job of the people to change their minds and be loyal subjects of your za3im, but in the real world things don't work that way. Companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars trying to get endorsements, product placements, hiring NLPs and copywriters to craft their ads, to try to persuade the public to favor their product over others.

Sadly Michel Aoun thought that the road to power in Lebanon is as easy-breezy as his mythical swooping decisive victory against the Syrians in March of 1989. Unfortunately, the external world exists. Such a pain in the rear I know.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    @The_FPMer, in a country like Lebanon when you raise your ax you do not hit the only block strong enough to keep the predators at bay and pretend that you were good intentioned while others are blind sheep and blind followers. we all understand the shortcomings of FPM and its leadership, however when you raise your ax you start with the real monsters otherwise once you complete your blows and you are standing over FPM's corpse claiming your victory, you will be eliminated faster than you can blink by the likes of jumblat birri and all the others.

you want to sink our boat simply because it is not fast enough for you while we are still in the middle of the ocean. that really makes one of two things, either you are a complete fool or you are a really evil.

it is not like the choice is between bassil and ghassan mukhayber. the choice my dear is between walid jumblat, birri, ja3aj3 and their likes on one side, and all the good people on the other. once you are done with the psychopaths, and once we are safe from their abuse, you can come back to hold bassil and GMA accountable for whatever it is you want to hold them accountable to.

you are a spitting image of those ahrar and phalanges fighters who used to head to the front lines to fight and defend their families from palestinian and syrian attacks, but kill each other before reaching the front lines. so i am gonna repeat it once more, get your effen priorities straight.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

@The_FPMer, in a country like Lebanon when you raise your ax you do not hit the only block strong enough to keep the predators at bay and pretend that you were good intentioned while others are blind sheep and blind followers. we all understand the shortcomings of FPM and its leadership, however when you raise your ax you start with the real monsters otherwise once you complete your blows and you are standing over FPM's corpse claiming your victory, you will be eliminated faster than you can blink by the likes of jumblat birri and all the others.

you want to sink our boat simply because it is not fast enough for you while we are still in the middle of the ocean. that really makes one of two things, either you are a complete fool or you are a really evil.

it is not like the choice is between bassil and ghassan mukhayber. the choice my dear is between walid jumblat, birri, ja3aj3 and their likes on one side, and all the good people on the other. once you are done with the psychopaths, and once we are safe from their abuse, you can come back to hold bassil and GMA accountable for whatever it is you want to hold them accountable to.

you are a spitting image of those ahrar and phalanges fighters who used to head to the front lines to fight and defend their families from palestinian and syrian attacks, but kill each other before reaching the front lines. so i am gonna repeat it once more, get your effen priorities straight.
    Sadi2e ana bsawwit bi Jbeil and FPM MPs have been more useless than a professional boxer with choped-off hands. Kif baddak yene 7esib Berri w Joumblatt?

Bel 3akes, it is critique that adjusts the ship into the righteous path, not blind allegiance.

As for the rest of the Lebanese people, they simply see FPM in the same vein as PSP and FM and the others. Is that due to the militias (you're incestuously allied with one btw)? On opposing media channels? Or on FPM (corruption cases, no principles/strategy/PR and useless sub-par media department)? I say on all three of them. The same way the protests keep antagonizing Aounists and make them more rabid than they actually are, the same way FPM keep antagonizing everyone else on the political scene making the possibility of shifting them to their side tantamount to impossible.

dyyyy

dyyyy

My friend, people become blind sheep when they're driven by fear, they convince them that any critique will weaken their community in an imaginary war against an imaginary enemy normally its other militia leaders.
    And you're doing the same. You're talking about a choice between Basssil and Berri? What choice? they're on the same team.
    You want people to follow blindly FPM so they can fight :
    Berri ( FPM voted for him as speaker of parliement)
    Geagea (FPM allied with them to get the president in exchange for ministers)
    Jumblat (FPM fought tooth and nail to protect Akram chhayib during the garbage crisis)
    Hariri (FPM votef for him as prime minister)

So please don't give up your right to hold the people you vote for accountable just because they tell you they in the middle of a battle

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

My friend, people become blind sheep when they're driven by fear, they convince them that any critique will weaken their community in an imaginary war against an imaginary enemy normally its other militia leaders.
    And you're doing the same. You're talking about a choice between Basssil and Berri? What choice? they're on the same team.
    You want people to follow blindly FPM so they can fight :
    Berri ( FPM voted for him as speaker of parliement)
    Geagea (FPM allied with them to get the president in exchange for ministers)
    Jumblat (FPM fought tooth and nail to protect Akram chhayib during the garbage crisis)
    Hariri (FPM votef for him as prime minister)

So please don't give up your right to hold the people you vote for accountable just because they tell you they in the middle of a battle
    Moreover, I voted for FPM in Jbeil so they can fight corruption. How is it my job to do what they're not? Kif ana badde 7esib Joumblatt bl Chouf w ana bsawwit bi Jbeil?

EVERYONE has to be blamed except FPM itself. This is a surefire way towards extinction when only the leader is right and critique is interpreted as treachery. This is a hallmark of backward societies.

Plus, this is the same tactic dictators use. Now is not the time for accountability, give me infinite power until the dust has settled. This is Putin MO's at the present moment.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Moreover, I voted for FPM in Jbeil so they can fight corruption. How is it my job to do what they're not? Kif ana badde 7esib Joumblatt bl Chouf w ana bsawwit bi Jbeil?

EVERYONE has to be blamed except FPM itself. This is a surefire way towards extinction when only the leader is right and critique is interpreted as treachery. This is a hallmark of backward societies.

Plus, this is the same tactic dictators use. Now is not the time for accountability, give me infinite power until the dust has settled. This is Putin MO's at the present moment.
    yes because common sense dictates that when a strong block fails to a win a battle against corruption, instead of rallying further to strengthen ourselves, we strike at that block - and not at the hubs of corruption with all the power we can muster - and try again with broken and splintered blocks and weaker parties and individuals. why? because we believe in the principle of accountability.

poisoned mentality.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Sadi2e ana bsawwit bi Jbeil and FPM MPs have been more useless than a professional boxer with choped-off hands. Kif baddak yene 7esib Berri w Joumblatt?

Bel 3akes, it is critique that adjusts the ship into the righteous path, not blind allegiance.

As for the rest of the Lebanese people, they simply see FPM in the same vein as PSP and FM and the others. Is that due to the militias (you're incestuously allied with one btw)? On opposing media channels? Or on FPM (corruption cases, no principles/strategy/PR and useless sub-par media department)? I say on all three of them. The same way the protests keep antagonizing Aounists and make them more rabid than they actually are, the same way FPM keep antagonizing everyone else on the political scene making the possibility of shifting them to their side tantamount to impossible.
    what you are doing is not criticism. i have been criticizing FPM from day one, they have made many mistakes along with many choices that i disagree with, but i do not switch to self destruct mode and commit collective suicide when there is no alternative around, and more importantly nor would i ever trade in rumors to destroy the ranks of my own as you have been doing.

as i have pointed out, you are simply acting out of hatred, nothing else, even at your own expense because at the end of the day you will be the one paying the bill.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

yes because common sense dictates that when a strong block fails to a win a battle against corruption, instead of rallying further to strengthen ourselves, we strike at that block - and not at the hubs of corruption with all the power we can muster - and try again with broken and splintered blocks and weaker parties and individuals. why? because we believe in the principle of accountability.

poisoned mentality.
    What you are saying is 100% true and wholeheartedly agree but I think the FPM you have in your mind is quite different from the actual FPM we have right now that is composed of money-grubbers and opportunists.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

what you are doing is not criticism. i have been criticizing FPM from day one, they have made many mistakes along with many choices that i disagree with, but i do not switch to self destruct mode and commit collective suicide when there is no alternative around, and more importantly nor would i ever trade in rumors to destroy the ranks of my own as you have been doing.

as i have pointed out, you are simply acting out of hatred, nothing else, even at your own expense because at the end of the day you will be the one paying the bill.
    It is silly to think that I'm acting out of hatred because there are some in the protests that are obsessed with GB and you want to include me with those wackos. I voted for FPM. Aktar men hek shou ba3mil? Start an assassination squad that targets FPM's enemies kermel soud 3ine la Michel Aoun?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    What you are saying is 100% true and wholeheartedly agree but I think the FPM you have in your mind is quite different from the actual FPM we have right now that is composed of money-grubbers and opportunists.
    opportunists are everywhere and in every society, that however does not address the issues i brought forward, nor how you have gotten your priorities messed up. FPM is far from perfect but it is the one pillar good enough to prevent that roof from crushing us. setup the safety measures to keep that roof from collapsing and crushing us before you start destroying that pillar, for without FPM you will be left with wolves all around you, and trust me, neither you nor the "moujtama3 el madani" nor gabriel el murr, nor karma khayyat and riad qubayssi, nor all of these folks combined could last a single round against jumblat, birri, hariri, ja3ja3, franjiyi, sanyoura and others. your first warning sign should have been how eager these people are to back the so called revolution against the president and bassil. but you some of you guys are in a coma.

It is silly to think that I'm acting out of hatred because there are some in the protests that are obsessed with GB and you want to include me with those wackos. I voted for FPM. Aktar men hek shou ba3mil? Start an assassination squad that targets FPM's enemies kermel soud 3ine la Michel Aoun?
    i could care less who you voted for, we are in a dire situation and actions have repercussions. shou bta3mel? make sane choices instead of riding the sponsored bandwagon.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

opportunists are everywhere and in every society, that however does not address the issues i brought forward, nor how you have gotten your priorities messed up. FPM is far from perfect but it is the one pillar good enough to prevent that roof from crushing us. setup the safety measures to keep that roof from collapsing and crushing us before you start destroying that pillar, for without FPM you will be left with wolves all around you, and trust me, neither you nor the "moujtama3 el madani" nor gabriel el murr, nor karma khayyat and riad qubayssi, nor all of these folks combined could last a single round against jumblat, birri, hariri, ja3ja3, franjiyi, sanyoura and others. your first warning sign should have been how eager these people are to back the so called revolution against the president and bassil. but you some of you guys are in a coma.
    What proof do you have that FPM is the one pillar that's the preventing the roof from crushing us? All I see are few positives here and there (w mashkourin) being drowned by an ocean of negativity? The FPM you have in your mind is very different from the FPM we have right now. That FPM is gone. Dead and buried.

i could care less who you voted for, we are in a dire situation and actions have repercussions. shou bta3mel? make sane choices instead of riding the sponsored bandwagon.
    No you should care because I as a citizen have done my job. It's really astonishing how you put the responsibility on me as if I hold the power. It is the job of political parties to affect change. Even if I became an ardent FPMer at this juncture, what will change? Will FPM MPs and Ministers stop being feckless and suddenly become eager to work for the good of the country?

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    3h
    ماتت من ضحت وتحملت وعانت ماتت من تعبت ماتت وأبكي عليها دماً بدل الدمع. راحت جدة التيار ام ناصر رح بتضلي محفورة بالقلب #التيار_الوطني_الحر
    +++