Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

• Advertisement
  • TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    يطلّ رئيس التيار الوطني الحر الوزير السابق جبران باسيل الأحد على اللبنانيين وستحمل كلمته اجوبةً على ابرز ملفات الساعة منها:
    • استخراج النفط والغاز
    • استيراد النفط وعلاقته بتمويل منظومة من افراد واحزاب.
    • الفساد والفيول المغشوش والمستفيدون.
    • التعيينات المالية
    • الازمة المالية والحلول المطلوبة
    • مصادر مطلعة توقعت صدور مواقف ناريّة

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    @Gebran_Bassil

ترقبوا عند الثانية عشرة من ظهر غد الأحد كلمة مباشرة لرئيس التيار الوطني الحر جبران باسيل، يتناول فيها أبرز الملفات المطروحة سياسياً واقتصادياً ومالياً

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Gebran_Bassil

ترقبوا عند الثانية عشرة من ظهر غد الأحد كلمة مباشرة لرئيس التيار الوطني الحر جبران باسيل، يتناول فيها أبرز الملفات المطروحة سياسياً واقتصادياً ومالياً
    chu hal manyak deghre abl el ghada 😂😂

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Exactly. Gibran only makes sense if you're drunk.
    So far non of the leaders made sense in their speeches, killo art 7akeh and protecting criminals, they dont even have one paper to sue FPM and Aoun, they dont have an alternative plan presented, killo art 7aki w za2ifeh, while on the other side FPM presented countless corruption files that made others go hysteric!

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So far non of the leaders made sense in their speeches, killo art 7akeh and protecting criminals, they dont even have one paper to sue FPM and Aoun, they dont have an alternative plan presented, killo art 7aki w za2ifeh, while on the other side FPM presented countless corruption files that made others go hysteric!
    Watch from 5:00 to 5:30 and enjoy

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Watch from 5:00 to 5:30 and enjoy

Ma kteer tkhabbis and change the subject, what does this have to do with what i wrote.

Also bi i3tiraf saad al hariri that if they go with bassil plan and there was no kaydiyeh siyessiyeh we would have electricity now. There a video circulating about that matter, where hariri, Ammar houry and geagea saying that bassil plan was the best but they refused it nkeyeh, try to find it!

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    I strongly disagree. Bassil is the only who actually makes sense. Listen to his statements and see for yourself - structured speech, plans and suggestions, approach to a clearly defined subject that deals with problems and deals with solutions, and very very little empty political and populist rhetoric.

He's on another level. That's why I support him, myself.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    I was going to link you to his last speech, but then I noticed you had already heard it and liked it:
    Not really a fan of Basbous, but this is a good speech.

PS: The word "فخت" wasn't necessary, though. We know what a "ثقب" means.
    This wasn't some one-off. We always expect this caliber of speech from Bassil. Most people mock him and attack him without ever hearing him speak.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I strongly disagree. Bassil is the only who actually makes sense. Listen to his statements and see for yourself - structured speech, plans and suggestions, approach to a clearly defined subject that deals with problems and deals with solutions, and very very little empty political and populist rhetoric.

Yes, 15 years of overpromising and underdelivering.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Stupid government trying to blame people for their own neglect.
    Things were going well until they decided to repatriate the expats without FORCING them to self-isolate.
    Should have placed them in state-monitored quarantine facilities and made them pay for their stay, instead of counting on their goodwill.
    Now we have to stay home because some Nigerian sick phuck decided to forge his test results and ended up infecting his family.

مغترب واحد في عكّار تسبّب بشلّ البلد مجدّدا، أو أقلّه كان من المتسبّبين الرئيسيين بذلك، الى جانب استهتار كثير من الناس، وهناك بعض المغتربين العائدين قدموا معلومات شخصية كاذبة لمنع متابعتهم من قبل المعنيين، والخروج من الحجر المنزلي وكأنّ الحياة طبيعيّة للغاية.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Really?

He blows my mind on how inconsistent he is. He delivers statements and puts out a plan but then does the opposite. He only empowered his own people, ones who are with Tayyar. The ordinary citizen not so much. Why did he ally himself with Hariri during the municipality elections? why did he call berri a "baltaji" then tried to strike deals with him? Most of his speeches are very sectarian, mostly he talks about Christian rights, not Lebanese rights. What about his stance on the rights of ordinary Palestinians who are hard workers and would like to buy a house and apply for citizenship? Why is he cherry picking on the citizenship issues?

FPM wanted split the parliament from the wizara, which is a very good move but why did Bassil, who is also an MP became a minister too? isn't this double standards?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Really?

He blows my mind on how inconsistent he is. He delivers statements and puts out a plan but then does the opposite. He only empowered his own people, ones who are with Tayyar. The ordinary citizen not so much. Why did he ally himself with Hariri during the municipality elections? why did he call berri a "baltaji" then tried to strike deals with him? Most of his speeches are very sectarian, mostly he talks about Christian rights, not Lebanese rights. What about his stance on the rights of ordinary Palestinians who are hard workers and would like to buy a house and apply for citizenship? Why is he cherry picking on the citizenship issues?

FPM wanted split the parliament from the wizara, which is a very good move but why did Bassil, who is also an MP became a minister too? isn't this double standards?
    Only in Lebanon can you find people so loyal to their leaders that they're still willing to vote for them after they failed to deliver for 15 years.
    I don't care if someone obstructed your plans or didn't let you do your work. You held the energy ministry for years and failed to achieve anything of note. Just step the phuck down bro and admit that you failed.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    I hope that tomorrow M. president Joubrane bassil will not justify anything about frangieh and saadiune bullshiters.
    It is better to spot on economic problems.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Yes, 15 years of overpromising and underdelivering.
    15 years of fighting for a better Lebanon in the face of warlords, organized crime bosses and foreign intervention. Sure, mistakes were made along the way and you can find many things during these last 15 years that you can disagree with or disapprove of, but to this day the FPM remains the only party willing to put real solutions forward, to champion them and to try getting them enacted.

Khedne 3a 2add 3a2lete. I believe FPM truly were and still are being aggressively obstructed. Media blackout, character assassination, dirty political games, and most recently obstruction of justice... But I can only hope the tables are turning and the balance is shifting.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of FPM's credentials. I am, after all, not a cardholder. My support for them is conditional. I don't want to hear excuses anymore. I don't want to see them making mistakes. I don't want shady characters in their entourage. I don't want naive or suspicious alliances. It's up to them to win my support, and to win over the doubters - but can that ever happen when the doubters never give them the benefit of the doubt?

Really?

-Inconsistency: the MP-Minister issue is a valid one to hold against them, but when did Tayyar put forward a plan and do the opposite? A cliche that is repeated to put down Bassil is "ma khallouna" - the issue isn't going against the plan, it's that the plans are delayed indefinitely through politics and used as a stick against Tayyar.

-The "alliances" is something that keeps getting brought up. In retrospect, those alliances are revealed to have been a misstep, but at the time they made sense. I don't want to get into it because it's a complex topic, but it was simply never viable to gridlock government with a minority (because, remember, Tayyar is and always has been a minority in both parliament and government) to try to get what you want when the cost of that was likely collapse. Today, after the collapse happened anyway (and FPM share part of the blame for that, definitely), we see a new scenario playing out: battles in the judiciary, backing a government almost all political parties do not approve of, ects. I, for one, do not want to see any more "alliances" with known crooks, and anyone else who doesn't prove their willingness to fight corruption.

-FPM is not sectarian. The examples that keep getting brought up - like the Hadath municipality - do not tell the whole story and are purposefully painted that way. A grave error was a disproportionate reliance on the "Christian rights" slogan, but the issue is a real one. Representation is a real problem. Anyway, they seem to have abandoned it now, thankfully. Tayyar want a secular state and it is stated in their manifesto - that is what I want their messaging to focus on going forward.