Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Can someone decrypt Bassil' speech? As he and Kanaan are sending conflicting messages!

So is Kanaan really Mokhtar el Massaref as being labeled on twitter and acting on his own without the approval of Bassil ? (which I highly doubt)

Were they trying to sense the reaction of IMF and retreated once IMF supported the gov figures?

Between Gebran and Kanaan I'm lost!

BTW Kerdahi supported the gov numbers as well.
I think you (and everyone else) might be reading too much into this.
I admit the whole thing with the numbers is a bit over my head.

However, this was only a couple of seconds from an excellent hour-long speech. Is this what people want to focus on? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Can someone decrypt Bassil' speech? As he and Kanaan are sending conflicting messages!

So is Kanaan really Mokhtar el Massaref as being labeled on twitter and acting on his own without the approval of Bassil ? (which I highly doubt)

Were they trying to sense the reaction of IMF and retreated once IMF supported the gov figures?

What did Kanaan say? And what did Bassil say? I missed both

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    What did Kanaan say? And what did Bassil say? I missed both
    Kanaan is heading the parliamentary committee evaluating the government numbers.
    Bassil warned against under-reporting numbers.

Somehow, this spells dRaMa.

NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member

Exactly....we need clear answers from FPM/Bassil/Ken3an......... for the first time I feel Bassil is double face for this issue as Kn3an can't be acting on his own.

FPM and Bassil and even the President must understand that their credibility is under test for this issue..... all the curses ans swears from LF in the streets couldn't touch FPM but this issue will destroy FPM, if they don't clarify immediately.

I

illusion84

I think you (and everyone else) might be reading too much into this.
    I admit the whole thing with the numbers is a bit over my head.

However, this was only a couple of seconds from an excellent hour-long speech. Is this what people want to focus on? Really?
    Well currently that's what matter most to me; are we going to sell everything to keep the banks and the political elite afloat and giving them another 30 years over our heads ? or something is going to change?

Kanaan and his committee (nearly half the parliament agreed on it) basically adopted the banks' numbers.

Today Bassil supported the gov.

Currently; the gov plan and the negotiation with IMF are the most important thing; are we going to change the system ? or the corruption and the current political class are going to impose their rule!

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well currently that's what matter most to me; are we going to sell everything to keep the banks and the political elite afloat and giving them another 30 years over our heads ? or something is going to change?

Kanaan and his committee (nearly half the parliament agreed on it) basically adopted the banks' numbers.

Currently; the gov plan and the negotiation with IMF are the most important thing; are we going to change the system ? or the corruption and the current political class are going to impose their rule!
    What are the numbers? And how are the government figures different from the banks figures?

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member

Just be mindful of people creating conflict where there is none. I feel a lot of people are trying to portray this as some of sort of contradiction to divert attention from everything else Bassil said.

I expect Kanaan or someone else from Tayyar to shed light on the issue soon.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    People actually stopped what they're doing and listened to Bassil for one hour haha.

7aram

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    People actually stopped what they're doing and listened to Bassil for one hour haha.

7aram
    It is the Bassili way. We are compelled by our Aouni Disease to drop everything and watch Gebran whenever he makes a speech.

If only he was as articulate as Sami Gemayel or as truthful as Antoine Habchi, yeah?

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It is the Bassili way. We are compelled by our Aouni Disease to drop everything and watch Gebran whenever he makes a speech.

If only he was as articulate as Sami Gemayel or as truthful as Antoine Habchi, yeah?
    If you're asking me, drop all of them and go do something useful outside.

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It really is sad when you see the degree of mediocrity the maronite political class has reached.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It really is sad when you see the degree of mediocrity the maronite political class has reached.
    In any other country, any minister who's held the energy ministry for that long and failed to achieve anything would be called a failure.

In Lebanon, we call him Gibran el Qawi.

oldschool

oldschool

In another country you don’t have a berri guy in finance ministry.
    Ya khaye Charbel nahas couldn’t even enter his own ministry

if you’re not ruling alone you need the others who others voted for.

it’s the lebanese system.

we should go back to the presidential one