Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

• Advertisement
  • V

Viral

did you listen to his speech A4J?...aw bass hek mohem ne7ke?
    In another country you don’t have a berri guy in finance ministry.
    Ya khaye Charbel nahas couldn’t even enter his own ministry

if you’re not ruling alone you need the others who others voted for.

it’s the lebanese system.

we should go back to the presidential one
    Pure Presidential!

By watching the rabid dogs barking at him so viciously you know he’s scaring them…

His engineering skills give us a clear picture how to identify and lay out a rescue plan for a healthy and long lasting economic recovery that makes us less vulnerable to foreign threats.

Too bad as President his privileges remain limited. With the absence of an educated majority willing to listen and make their own decision about what’s good for the country instead of waiting for the paid media to spoon feeding them poison, only more famine shall be needed to make us wake up…

This unique man is God’s gift to Lebanon. Not sure how many of us really deserve him.

As much as I hate to admit it, by now I can say Lebanon’s democracy has been the main cause of its failures. Compare Lebanon to UAE and ask yourself what made Dubai what it is now and left Beirut in the 18th century? No it’s not just oil. It’s a ruler who has full power to chop off the heads of the corrupt and protected mafias.

As long as the Lebanese have ignorant tribal and sectarian mentalities, the only way to save them from themselves is a temporary dictator who can take over for a few years and clean up the mess then turn it back over into a modem democracy.

I much rather be ruled by a noble Prince than a hungry politician.

Democracy devours itself overtime. Democracy needs protection. We fail to realize that all functional democracies in the world are protected by national armies that are far from being democratic institutions.

Long live the emperor…🥂

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    In any other country, any minister who's held the energy ministry for that long and failed to achieve anything would be called a failure.

In Lebanon, we call him Gibran el Qawi.
    Has anyone ever told you that commenting, when you have no clue what you are talking about, portrays you in a bad light?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Has anyone ever told you that commenting, when you have no clue what you are talking about, portrays you in a bad light?
    Do you dare say the same thing to Shadow1 and others who criticize Bassil, or is it easier to scapegoat me?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Pure Presidential!

By watching the rabid dogs barking at him so viciously you know he’s scaring them…

His engineering skills give us a clear picture how to identify and lay out a rescue plan for a healthy and long lasting economic recovery that makes us less vulnerable to foreign threats.

Too bad as President his privileges remain limited. With the absence of an educated majority willing to listen and make their own decision about what’s good for the country instead of waiting for the paid media to spoon feeding them poison, only more famine shall be needed to make us wake up…

This unique man is God’s gift to Lebanon. Not sure how many of us really deserve him.

As much as I hate to admit it, by now I can say Lebanon’s democracy has been the main cause of its failures. Compare Lebanon to UAE and ask yourself what made Dubai what it is now and left Beirut in the 18th century? No it’s not just oil. It’s a ruler who has full power to chop off the heads of the corrupt and protected mafias.

As long as the Lebanese have ignorant tribal and sectarian mentalities, the only way to save them from themselves is a temporary dictator who can take over for a few years and clean up the mess then turn it back over into a modem democracy.

Democracy devours itself overtime. Democracy needs protection. We fail to realize that all functional democracies in the world are protected by national armies that are far from being democratic institutions.

Long live the emperor…🥂

Excuse me... but how is Lebanon not a dictatorship?
    We have an armed militia that monopolizes power and assassinates anyone who stands in its way.
    You call that a democracy?

As for Gibran, he's an underachieving midget who only appeals to a certain audience that is too deluded by his notions of grandeur to bother question his competence or ethics.
    Today I saw a funny tweet that read as follows:
    -Gibran eats poop
    -Most people: "ewww."
    -Aounists look up the benefits of eating poop.

Bonne nuit, Viral.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You hit on my sensitive string.

Pure Presidential!

Long live the emperor…🥂
    🥂
    The Bassil hysteria confirms the destructive power of group psychology. Get a critical mass of people to resonate any [email protected] at a certain frequency for a certain amount of time, and you have the raging pandemic. Even among people on this forum who you'd expect to be somewhat smarter than mainstream Echo Abdul Reverb, this is proven true.
    It is extremely hard to win against this kind of powerful group dynamics, so I stopped caring.

But if you insist on offering me the job as a benevolent dictator, I'd gladly accept with huge sadness in my heart for the things I fantasize about doing before I give you back the furbished 2ameneh you put in my responsible hands, now shining again like a diamond on a touristing maharaja's cap.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Bassil hysteria confirms the destructive power of group psychology. Get a critical mass of people to resonate any [email protected] at a certain frequency for a certain amount of time, and you have the raging pandemic.

I'm not one of those who demonize Bassil. I don't think he's a very corrupt or malicious person, but I just I don't think he's fit to be in government or in a leadership position. His tenure in office has failed to yield any achievements of note, and he reneged on a lot of principles that he once held dear.

Therefore, I think the "bassil hysteria" applies more to Aounists.

It's only natural to hate on a political class that had a hand in Lebanon's demise.
    What's not natural is to turn a lackluster and underachieving politician into a god.
    The burden is on Aounists to prove their sanity.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Do you dare say the same thing to Shadow1 and others who criticize Bassil, or is it easier to scapegoat me?
    It’s much easier to pick on you... they make good points and criticise where it is due, like any self respecting and balanced adult... you on the other hand have a childish bone to pick with Bassil, Aoun, FPM wnd anyone who would support anything they say or do... you don’t really care what that is, you oppose it nonetheless. When you start uttering balanced opinions and debate subjects rather than who delivered them, I may cut you some slack...

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not one of those who demonize Bassil. I don't think he's a very corrupt or malicious person, but I just I don't think he's fit to be in government or in a leadership position. His tenure in office has failed to yield any achievements of note, and he reneged on a lot of principles that he once held dear.

It's only natural to hate on a political class that had a hand in Lebanon's demise.
    What's not natural is to turn a lackluster and underachieving politician into a god.
    😂
    Yalle byo2rak bi saddi2 looool

more importantly, do you really believe what you write? If the answer is yes, get checked mate... asap!

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

As a non-FPMer and aside from the internal coups he waded himself through on his hunt for the party throne, when you judge someone's governmental achievements, say Bassil in this case, you judge them in comparison to what and who and using exactly what yardstick?

Even though I stopped "falling in love" with anything that is not female, smart and charming, I do find Bassil's speech yesterday much attractive and full of sense, in contrast to 99% of the caca that is being recycled through the throats of 99% of the contemporary lying and thieving idiots we've grown to tolerate as politicians throughout the last decades.
    Halla2 to each his own, but I still find the anti-him hysteria to be a typical case of clinical mass psychopathology. He does not deserve it.

Last edited:
    Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    As a non-FPMer and aside from the internal coups he waded himself through on his hunt for the party throne, when you judge someone's governmental achievements, say Bassil in this case, you judge them in comparison to what and who and using exactly what yardstick?

Even though I stopped "falling in love" with anything that is not female, smart and charming, I do find Bassil's speech yesterday much attractive and full of sense, in contrast to 99% of the caca that is being recycled through the throats of 99% of the contemporary lying and thieving idiots we've grown to tolerate as politicians throughout the last decades.
    Halla2 to each his own, but I still find the anti-him hysteria to be a typical case of clinical mass psychopathology. He does not deserve it.
    They don’t hear what he says, who he is speaks louder... that’s all there is to it...

V

Viral

They don’t hear what he says, who he is speaks louder... that’s all there is to it...
    Bassil is evolving into a shining star now that he is being himself telling it as it is.

Without a doubt he learned from SHN performance and style that made his opponents/enemies listen to his speeches from A to Z many times over while analyzing the terms he uses, the tone of his voice, his face and body language.

Bassil is doing the same building credibility and reliability while focusing and staying on message.

I dismiss amateurs who make echo chamber noises about him without listening and analyzing the clear messages he is sending. But the fact remains that so many of his adversaries have reacted to his speech so viciously comes with the silver lining: They must have sat like good students and listened to him very attentively and started noticing the glow of a shining star coming their way. They are truly scared from becoming useless. They also know if he winks at the American ambassador she’ll run over to him and drops of the dirty shoes in the process…

Today’s speech for example can be used for a full thread on its own. The messages are stunningly clear such as: Distancing himself from Hezbollah because of many legitimate reasons without betraying the resistance; admitting the economic pain on the Lebanese are caused by the Americans because of Caesar Act against Syria but insisting we should remain connected with the US and work on making them modify their actions which is Russia’s Putin style with them by the way…

Let’s ask ourselves this question: How many others, other than SHN can talk and identify detailed issues and offer engineered solutions so passionately and genuinely? Could that be Geagea, Frangieh, Gemayel, Hariri, Berri or Jumblatt??? Ironically, those names are the product/production of Lebanon’s 15 years civil war. They killed the Lebanese with bullets during the war then agreed on dividing their prey over the next 30 years and killing the Lebanese again, with starvation instead of bullets this time around… I must say, the Lebanese are stunningly adaptable people: They lived 30 years with no electricity without noticing what’s wrong with their country’s picture and without noticing the warlords who told them to kill each other during the civil war have been in bed all together ever since covering for each other fraudulent ventures; and now telling us Bassil is the problem…

Last edited:
    TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    باسيل لحزب الله : غيّروا أولوياتكم!
    وليد الخوري | الاحد 21 حزيران 2020

"ليبانون ديبايت" - وليد الخوري

في المضمون والتوقيت كانت لافتة إطلالة رئيس التيار الوطنيّ الحرّ النائب جبران باسيل. فهي أتت للمرة الثانية، بُعيد اطلالة الامين العام لحزب الله السيد نصرالله الناريّة، وعشية مؤتمر بعبدا الحواري الثاني، ليضعَ فيها مجموعة من النقاط على الحروف، في عملية بيّنت أكثر فأكثر تمايزه عن حلفائه في محور الممانعة، وحتّى عن رئاسة الجمهورية، رغم دفاعه عن قراراتها.

بعيداً عن الردودِ المفهومة في السياسة، فإن ما ساقه الوزير السابق من مواقف وآراء حقٌّ له، في إطار استراتيجيته الواضحة مع إخراجه نفسه من السلطة بحكم الأمر الواقع والتوازنات التي قامت بعد ١٧ تشرين الاول، والتي صوّبت بالتحديد نحو النائب البتروني وتيّاره، الذي قرر "من الآن وصاعداً أن لا يسمح بالتعدي المادي والمعنوي على حزبه ومحاولة اغتياله سياسياً"

التمايز مع الحزب بدا واضحاً حيناً، وباهتاً احياناً، كما رفضه للمصالحات والتسويات باعتبارها لزوم ما لا يلزم، مع "لعبة الوقت التي لا تصبّ في صالحنا"، إذ "يمكن لكل واحد من موقعه ان يساهم بالانقاذ"،" قافلاً بذلك الباب امام المصالحة مع بيك زغرتا وشيخ السراي وحكيم معراب، غامزاً من قناة اللقاء الجنبلاطي - الارسلاني معتبراً ان القرار الظني في قضية قبرشمون واضح،" "ما يدفعنا الى مزيد من التسامح".

واذا ما أردنا الذهاب أبعد في تشريح" خطاب الرئيس العازف عن الترشّح"، يمكن أن نتوقف عند عدد من النقاط الاساسية أبرزها:

1-في موضوع الحكومة، يحمل كلامه الكثير من التأويل، إذ لديه شرطَين واضحين لبقائها، الاول، ان تنجز، وهي حتى الساعة لا زالت مكانها أياً كانت الاسباب، والثاني، توفر البديل، فهل يعني ذلك ان الامور مع الشيخ سعد ما زالت على حالها ولم يحدث اي تبديل في المواقف او اي تقارب بعد؟ علماً انه انتقد سياستها في مسألة" الضخ المحدود للدولارات التي عم تروح ضيعان"، واصراره على ضرورة ان تحارب الفاسدين لا ان تكتفي بأن لا تكون فاسدة. وهنا تطرح الكثير من علامات الاستفهام حول عدد من الوزراء.

2-انتقاده "لمظاهر الحماية الذاتية المزيفة" على قاعدة "عم حاكيكي يا قوات لتسمع يا حزب"، واضعاً اجتماع بعبدا في اطار" درء الفتنة" ، وهو هدف قد يكون الاول الذي تحدث عنه بهذا الوضوح.

3-انتقاده الواضح للقوات اللبنانية وتيار المردة، وجزمه بأن التعامل من اليوم وصاعداً سيكون على مثال الوزيرة بستاني، واعداً "بفضح الكذابين"، كاشفاً عن استهداف التيار في الادارة عبر عملية ابتزاز للحكومة من اؤلئك الذين "يهددون بالاستقالة رغم اختيارهم اشخاص بأسوأ السير الذاتية للتعيين وإلّا حردوا وقاطعوا".

4-وضعه معادلة واضحة، إمّا صندوق النقد وشروطه، وإمّا النموذج الفنزويلي وتبعاته المدمرة. حيث كان حازماً وجازماً بموقفه وتحذيره الجدي من مخاطر الانقلاب في موضوع صندوق النقد ورهان البعض على الوقت لافشال المفاوضات لان في ذلك نهاية للبنان. فالموقف في هذا المجال لا يقف عند حدود التحذير الكلامي بل يتعداه الى الأفعال عندما اتخذ رئيس الجمهورية بالاتفاق مع رئيس المجلس المبادرة بتشكيل لجنة نيابية برئاسة ابراهيم كنعان لإزالة ألغام الأرقام من أمام المفاوضات. ولعلّ المهم هنا بروز موقف التيار الواضح لاول مرة وقناعته بصوابية خيار صندوق النقد خلافاً لكل ما كان يُسرب ويُقال، بعد ان حسم "معمعة" موقفه في البداية والتي يعود سببها الى وقوفه على خاطر حزب الله.

5-عدم قطعه للخطوط مع الغرب وواشنطن خاصة، تاركاً الباب مشرعاً امام مفاوضاته معها، وهو ما يزيد الريبة عند حزب الله، الذي كان أمينه العام "هدّد" جماعة الداخل المنفتحين حديثاً على الاميركيين" الذين نريد ان نحافظ على صداقتهم ولا نريد مواجهتهم" ، واضعاً خيار الانفتاح على الشرق في باب توسعة مروحة العلاقات اللبنانية لا من قبيل قطع العلاقات مع الغرب، وهنا يظهر جلياً تقاطعه مع موقف الرئيس بري الذي عبر عنه الوزير السابق علي حسن خليل في برنامج "صار الوقت".

6-قلبُ المقاييس في مسألة الملف السوري على قاعدة "مكره اخاك لا بطل"، فنحن لا نريد لقيصر ان يخنق لبنان، وكذلك لا ان نؤذي الغاية التي من اجلها وضعت اميركا القانون"، انها معادلة القوي القادر على فرض قوانينه، لذلك علينا كلبنانيين" ولمصلحة وطننا، ان نضبط الحدود، نوقف التهريب، نمنع تسرب الاموال الى سوريا"، اي عملياً نلتزم بقيصر، في موقف مخالف تماماً لما اعلنه الامين العام لحزب الله الذي وضع لبنان في المحور السوري.

7-دعوته الى عدم الرهان على الخارج وانتظار الانتصارات لان الجميع في مأزق والجميع سيغرق، مبشراً بسقوط "مقولة" اولوية المقاومة لحماية الدولة، بعدما بات الخطر الوجودي يطال الدولة وبناءها والمقاومة وحماية لبنان". فاتحاً هنا نافذة على المطالبة بتطبيق القرار 1559 وربطه بصفقة القرن ومخطط التوطين. ولعلّ في ذلك مؤشر كبير الى مستقبل حزب الله وتاريخ انتهاء صلاحية سلاحه، اذا ما أخذنا بعين الاعتبار المعلومات المتداولة عن حل يدرس لمسالة اللاجئين بات في طور وضع اللمسات الاخيرة عليه، من ضمن صفقة القرن الشاملة والتي ارتضاها "أهل القضية وأمها وأبوها".

النائب البتروني، الذي ما كاد ان ينتهي عن الكلام المباح، حتى خرجت موجة تعليقات وتغريدات على مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي أشعلت الجبهات السياسية ومناصريها من القوات الى المردة وما بينهما، مع بروز تغريدة لافتة وسريعة، في ظاهرة هي الاولى من نوعها، لأحد أبواق حزب الله والناطقين بإسم حارة حريك، بدت واضحة التصويب باتجاه جبران، محذرة وداعية الى تصويب القراءة في خطاب السيد ومراجعته اكثر من مرة.

يوماً بعد يوم يتظهر الافتراق الاستراتيجي بين التيار والحزب في كافة الملفات الداخلية والخارجية، باستثناء موضوع العداء مع اسرائيل، بعدما ضاقت قواعد التيار بسياسة الحزب والاضرار التي ألحقها بالعهد وحلم العونيين بالتغيير والاصلاح. هي أصوات وصلت الى رأس الهرم البرتقالي وفعلت فعلها، حيث يبدو جلياً ان ثمّة اعادة تموضع على اسس جديدة اقرّتها القيادة السياسية في وثيقتها، في مقابل كلام واضح لحزب الله على لسان نائب امينه العام بالتمسك بوثيقة العام 1985، والتي كان اعتبر الكثيرون ان زمنها قد ولّى مع ابرام "اتفاق مار ميخائيل".

NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member
    Again I repeat myself............Bassil may have many flaws..........but compared to the bunch of the warlords, crooks, money sharks, fake thuwar, hypocrites....he is far better.
    Unless there is a real honest movement in the country headed by a real honest leader........Bassil star will still shine.
    Please enlighten me if there is such a movement and such a leader and I will drop FPM and Bassil immediately and follow them.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    People actually stopped what they're doing and listened to Bassil for one hour haha.

7aram
    good thing that pr0nhub told me exactly where i had left off, re watching the same parts just doesnt give out the same excitement

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Excuse me... but how is Lebanon not a dictatorship?
    We have an armed militia that monopolizes power and assassinates anyone who stands in its way.
    You call that a democracy?

As for Gibran, he's an underachieving midget who only appeals to a certain audience that is too deluded by his notions of grandeur to bother question his competence or ethics.
    Today I saw a funny tweet that read as follows:
    -Gibran eats poop
    -Most people: "ewww."
    -Aounists look up the benefits of eating poop.

Bonne nuit, Viral.
    PUBLIC HEALTH ANNOUNCEMENT:

plz do not eat poop under any circumstances for it is full of bacteria that can be harmful to your body.