• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

Resistancefrom89

Resistancefrom89

I keep on reading that Bassil has improved the Christian reagion instructure in an unprecedent ways..
1) Does the Christian get better Electricity then before?
2) Does the Christian get better Water then before?
3) Are the public schools in Christian regions better then before?
4) Are the public hospitals in the Christian region better then before?
5) The last highway done in the Christian region, was the Lahoud Maten Highway. Did we miss any Highway or any tunnel? :)

• Advertisement
  • Resistancefrom89

Resistancefrom89

Nope, enta bass ma2hour men Bassil from day 1 (you are the true Bassil hater and not like @JustLeb doing it just for attention and to show that he has “principles”) wou 3am bet jarrib trakib film 3a zaw2ak
    If I remember well you supported Ziad Abs?
    Actually yes I was not convinced about him from Day 1 as a successor of GMA but I always told myself at the beginning, maybe GMA has seen something in Bassil that is not obvious and maybe something good will come out of this guy. Time is over, we have PMA who is under the threat to be ousted and yes Gebran Bassil bear the biggest responsibility of the fiasco (PS I would certainly not see Ziad Abs as a successor of GMA, but of course it is sad to see every guy who fought inside FPM during the Syrian occupation, leave because of Bassim)

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    I keep on reading that Bassil has improved the Christian reagion instructure in an unprecedent ways..
    5) The last highway done in the Christian region, was the Lahoud Maten Highway. Did we miss any Highway or any tunnel? :)
    There's the Batroun - Tannourine Highway
    very important highway for the region but it's a 'disputed achievment'
    what i know for sure as it was Boutros Harb who secured the funding and Bassil claimed it as his own achievment.

However,
    The most notable achievement in a christian region in recent history would be Jbeil under Ziad Hawat as Mayor
    the guy completely revamped its infrastructure, signed on a new sewage system funded externally, put a plan for a local public transportation service, turned the city from a barren to a jewel and a tourism hub.
    Go to Jbeil and ask any local about Ziad Hawat regardless of their political orientation and you'll see for yourself.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Where do you keep reading that? No one says that. FPM's work in infrastructure is never based on sectarian divides - no matter what the Mafia State trolls keep repeating.

Elvis left the building

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
    you forgot to add are the christians stronger when their 3ahd is a puppy poodle of the shia crescent project instead of being equals
    are they stronger with incompetent yes men in the government positions, shou el fari2 baynon and el murr ppl back in the days
    are they stronger when their kids are emigrating bil jimleh under this 3ahd and its white knight bassill
    are they stronger when the christian middle class cant access their funds in the banks
    are they stronger when bassil broke his alliance with the LF so he can be president ?
    are they stronger when aoun is in denial and bassil flies in private jets
    are they stronger when the neocon aounists in 4 years didnt do sh-t compared to the first 1 week of bashir's presidential term
    are they stronger when achrafieh is blown up and the ratch aounists in mount lebanon are making fun of it instead of helping

shou hal moustawa el zifit

same level as the harirists and the nabih berri ppl, their on and off girlfriends

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Actually yes I was not convinced about him from Day 1 as a successor of GMA but I always told myself at the beginning, maybe GMA has seen something in Bassil that is not obvious and maybe something good will come out of this guy. Time is over, we have PMA who is under the threat to be ousted and yes Gebran Bassil bear the biggest responsibility of the fiasco (PS I would certainly not see Ziad Abs as a successor of GMA, but of course it is sad to see every guy who fought inside FPM during the Syrian occupation, leave because of Bassim)
    I'm not an FPM cardholder, but I've asked many people who are about what happened with Abs, and apparently he is a piece of shit. Take it with a grain of salt as I'm not a fan of gossip, but he seems to have done something pretty bad which brought about the "kick".

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

I'm not an FPM cardholder, but I've asked many people who are about what happened with Abs, and apparently he is a piece of shit. Take it with a grain of salt as I'm not a fan of gossip, but he seems to have done something pretty bad which brought about the "kick".
    He must've invited chantale on a date in secret

Elvis left the building

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
    Don't forget the ass and boot lickers
    make them 4 constants.

they see what is happening to ppl who once supported aoun and are constantly thrown under the bus

but keep clapping, magically unaware that they will be thrown next under the bus at any moment

no comment

R

Ralph N

There's the Batroun - Tannourine Highway
    very important highway for the region but it's a 'disputed achievment'
    what i know for sure as it was Boutros Harb who secured the funding and Bassil claimed it as his own achievment.

However,
    The most notable achievement in a christian region in recent history would be Jbeil under Ziad Hawat as Mayor
    the guy completely revamped its infrastructure, signed on a new sewage system funded externally, put a plan for a local public transportation service, turned the city from a barren to a jewel and a tourism hub.
    Go to Jbeil and ask any local about Ziad Hawat regardless of their political orientation and you'll see for yourself.
    Thats not true.... Kurdehi did all the improvements and then hawat came took over...thats what happened.

Resistancefrom89

Resistancefrom89

Where do you keep reading that? No one says that. FPM's work in infrastructure is never based on sectarian divides - no matter what the Mafia State trolls keep repeating.
    Well Christian have been badly under served with the Sunniya Siyyaseyet and Shiiyat Siyyaseet, it is time to make up for the injustice done by the Sunni Majless (Majless el inma' wal i3mar) and the Shia Majless (Majless el Janboub) and the Druze Majless (majless el mouhajareen)

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Thats not true.... Kurdehi did all the improvements and then hawat came took over...thats what happened.
    Not true at all
    the sewage system was done fully by Hawat
    Also under qordahi Jbeil remained a Barren
    it is under Hawat when Jbeil became a destination that killed Batroun nightlife scene for a long while

R

Ralph N

Not true at all
    the sewage system was done fully by Hawat
    Also under qordahi Jbeil remained a Barren
    it is under Hawat when Jbeil became a destination that killed Batroun nightlife scene for a long while
    the work was done and started before hawat came to power.... when he came the work was stating to be finished...

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    the work was done and started before hawat came to power.... when he came the work was stating to be finished...
    OK i just checked

the project started in 2009 true
    Hawat became Mayor in 2010

it was a 2009-2018 project
    so saying the work was starting to be finished is not true.
    Meaning it was Hawat who executed 90% of the work

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    OK i just checked

the project started in 2009 true
    Hawat became Mayor in 2010

it was a 2009-2018 project
    so saying the work was starting to be finished is not true.
    Meaning it was Hawat who executed 90% of the work
    Just a couple of posts ago, you claimed the Batroun-Tannourine highway was Boutros Harb's achievement and not Bassil's because he "secured funding". I'm not saying either way of thinking is wrong, but a little consistency goes a long way!

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Just a couple of posts ago, you claimed the Batroun-Tannourine highway was Boutros Harb's achievement and not Bassil's because he "secured funding". I'm not saying either way of thinking is wrong, but a little consistency goes a long way!
    What position did Bassil occupy that allows him to 'contruct' a road ?
    interior ? public works ?

explain please.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    What position did Bassil occupy that allows him to 'contruct' a road ?
    interior ? public works ?

explain please.
    Supreme ruler and owner of all of Batroun, obviously!

As I said, I was only commenting on your perspective. I'm not sure Bassil has ever tried to take credit for that highway personally. Genuinely. You can point me to where he has and I'll reassess.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Supreme ruler and owner of all of Batroun, obviously!

As I said, I was only commenting on your perspective. I'm not sure Bassil has ever tried to take credit for that highway personally. Genuinely. You can point me to where he has and I'll reassess.
    Yes Bassil tried to take credit
    the dispute was mostly about who secured the funding (it was Harb)

Both had nothing to do with the contstruction.

Resistancefrom89

Resistancefrom89

What about Jean Aziz?
    What about Na3im Aoun?
    What about etc....(I do not have the list of all the FPM figures who have left/been forced to leave)

Elvis left the building

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
    Hawde kellon khawanna...ent ma bta3ref, hawde rekdin warra el kerse.. wahad bado ya3mel nayeb, wahad wazir w fi wahad bi hemo ya3mel ra2iss jemhouriye... khawanna..
    im surprised jean aziz is out

i thought he would stay til the end of the days bunker fight

he was doing such a great propaganda job on otv polishing all the failures of fpmers into hollow victories with his nightly news political intros

i really stopped liking him for that