• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

• Advertisement
  • oldschool

oldschool

Go back to his speeches before the formation of the last government, he was saying the same bs. Like any other politician, most of it is empty slogans and watered down descriptions of reality in order to claim victimhood. The ministers that FPM nominated have been for the most part utter failures, let him address that privately inside his party first before proclaiming that the world is against him.

But I'm interested in the subject of dams but till date I don't think I've come across someone apolitical and objective to describe the pros and cons and if the project is valuable or not. Those against FPM denounce the project and those pro-FPM immediately defend it. I genuinely do not know and I don't think any of us can pontificate to be well-versed about this subject. But from what I've gathered they're not as bad as many people profess to be as the pros outweigh the cons but the project itself was riddled with corruption.
    It wasn’t riddled with corruption. The world bank supervised the bids and pricing and agreed to it.

Yaane if anything more apolitical than experts that the world bank uses shu badna njeblak

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Go back to his speeches before the formation of the last government, he was saying the same bs. Like any other politician, most of it is empty slogans and watered down descriptions of reality in order to claim victimhood. The ministers that FPM nominated have been for the most part utter failures, let him address that privately inside his party first before proclaiming that the world is against him.
    you haven't addressed my question. This is just venting at the failure. If the ministers they named were a failure, this requires, as you said, an internal assessment. but this does not change the fact that he hasnt said anything that CONTRADICTS his actions. So instead of pissing all over what he said, why not agree (assuming you agree with his "slogans") and challenge him to implement it... but not alone, challenge everyone else to meet him half way and implement it. No one can implement all of that alone... you would be very naive to expect that. Can he draw the borders alone? can he fight corruption alone? can he force all MPs to vote on the anti corruption laws alone? can he discuss the civil state idea alone? so instead of attacking the one with the good slogans, attack those who do not implement them or at least tries (including him). Being negative all the time to score points will not help us get out of this hole we are in... cause otherwise i can attack ANYONE with a good slogan.

But I'm interested in the subject of dams but till date I don't think I've come across someone apolitical and objective to describe the pros and cons and if the project is valuable or not. Those against FPM denounce the project and those pro-FPM immediately defend it. I genuinely do not know and I don't think any of us can pontificate to be well-versed about this subject. But from what I've gathered they're not as bad as many people profess to be as the pros outweigh the cons but the project itself was riddled with corruption.
    This is a very advanced position from you and i respect it. I cant claim i know either. I am not an expert. But the fact that this project started DECADES ago, and the IMF has been supporting it and does state that it is a VITAL project, tells me it is not a Bassil idea that he came up with to dig for gold. There is some credit to it, and judging from how EVERYONE fights bassil on every project he comes up with, could be an indication as to why they are all fighting this one too. Look at Jumblatt, he was fully supportive, now he sees it as EVIL.

And it's interesting you said it was "riddled with corruption".. interested to know more about your information. I have heard about people who benefited from the land expropriation.. what else?

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

you haven't addressed my question. This is just venting at the failure. If the ministers they named were a failure, this requires, as you said, an internal assessment. but this does not change the fact that he hasnt said anything that CONTRADICTS his actions. So instead of pissing all over what he said, why not agree (assuming you agree with his "slogans") and challenge him to implement it... but not alone, challenge everyone else to meet him half way and implement it. No one can implement all of that alone... you would be very naive to expect that. Can he draw the borders alone? can he fight corruption alone? can he force all MPs to vote on the anti corruption laws alone? can he discuss the civil state idea alone? so instead of attacking the one with the good slogans, attack those who do not implement them or at least tries (including him). Being negative all the time to score points will not help us get out of this hole we are in... cause otherwise i can attack ANYONE with a good slogan.
    He can't do it alone but he has ministers and in post-Taef Lebanon they have lots of exective powers. No rational human being is asking FPM to revamp everything but to make small advancements in their own ministries. When FPM constantly picks sleazy ministers and mps that never produce anything, you have to ask is it an innocent mistake and it's something else?

This is a very advanced position from you and i respect it. I cant claim i know either. I am not an expert. But the fact that this project started DECADES ago, and the IMF has been supporting it and does state that it is a VITAL project, tells me it is not a Bassil idea that he came up with to dig for gold. There is some credit to it, and judging from how EVERYONE fights bassil on every project he comes up with, could be an indication as to why they are all fighting this one too. Look at Jumblatt, he was fully supportive, now he sees it as EVIL.

And it's interesting you said it was "riddled with corruption".. interested to know more about your information. I have heard about people who benefited from the land expropriation.. what else?
    I honestly do not remember specifically the details but there were numerous scandals of overcharging that were never refuted with proper arguments from FPM but with "you're attacking us because we're reformers" type bs as opposed with the electricity file where they can produce counter-arguments regardless of its validity or not.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

It wasn’t riddled with corruption. The world bank supervised the bids and pricing and agreed to it.

Yaane if anything more apolitical than experts that the world bank uses shu badna njeblak
    On the contrary, the World Bank is full to the brim with corruption since many decades.

V

Viral

In today’s speech Bassil laid out a credible road map for Lebanon’s exit from its crisis. The International communities including Macon are listening to Bassil and realizing he is the only Lebanese official working so hard and genuinely by volunteering to do the job. Anyone asking why Geagea, Gemayels, Frangieh, Jumblatt, Hariri, and Berri never came up with such roadmap to save Lebanon? Other than sending their thugs in the streets to attack the President and hiding behind them.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Almost 5 hours after his speech, and no comments.. interesting.

I would like to hear from some of the members here, what part of his statements didnt you like.

Or even better, here is a CONSTRUCTIVE EXERCISE... can you identify the points YOU AGREE WITH???
    Here you are, and sorry for the delay because I didn't hear him until now :D
    if we can skim all the BS, we reach the essence of his speech is that he has not been consulted, nor the president in the formation of the gov, and to his opinion this is a big mistake.
    But what he neglected to say that he and the president were the center of the formation of all the governments from (at least) 2016 until recently and the result is that the country is in free fall.
    (IMPORTANT NOTICE, this applies to all other major political parties).
    The reality now is most probably and hopefully his political era (as well as the others) might be fading away and this is what he is concerned about.
    I hope the new government with the direct involvement of France can make something good for the country.
    I know all of the political parities will lay traps for it on the way, but if the gov succeeded in the reforms and redressing the economy, it will mean the political death to all these corrupt people and new political powers will emerge and have a sweeping success in any elections.

Ma yrabe7na jmileh that he does not want a share in this gov, (same for the others)
    As I said in another post, it is only natural to say FM, AMAL, HA, FPM, LF must not be in this gov or any other gov because we have been trying them all in the past 15 years and the result was a catastrophe.

Last edited:
    Joe Lebanon

Joe Lebanon

Gebran has buried the MOU in his speech! Condemned Hamas visit to Beirut, asked HA to withdraw from Syria and supported delineating the border with Israel. He’s persona non grata to HA. I expect Nasrallah to order his assassination soon to blame it on the LF. They’ve milked him to the max and now he must go before he becomes a liability. I hope he’s taking good security precautions!

V

vicking747

Gebran has buried the MOU in his speech! Condemned Hamas visit to Beirut, asked HA to withdraw from Syria and supported delineating the border with Israel. He’s persona non grata to HA. I expect Nasrallah to order his assassination soon to blame it on the LF. They’ve milked him to the max and now he must go before he becomes a liability. I hope he’s taking good security precautions!
    All Muslims HATE him - now you add Shiaa.
    The thouwar don’t care if who is right who is wrong, all what they care is getting their salaries and 1usd /1500lbp on the back of the people who are sending money from abroad.

I am sorry to say but all this fake Thouwra was against the Christians because of their hate for FPM and Bassil.

As I said many times we should not give a cheat of what is being said or asked to FPM and iNstead go ahead with partition or federation

Lebanon won’t survive 24h without Christians and we are not very much concerned with people below poverty line.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

The International communities including Macon are listening to Bassil and realizing he is the only Lebanese official working so hard and genuinely by volunteering to do the job.
    3asfoura aletlak hek? :lol:

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hey ratch people, I have a new bone for you!

NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member
    Here you are, and sorry for the delay because I didn't hear him until now :D
    if we can skim all the BS, we reach the essence of his speech is that he has not been consulted, nor the president in the formation of the gov, and to his opinion this is a big mistake.
    But what he neglected to say that he and the president were the center of the formation of all the governments from (at least) 2016 until recently and the result is that the country is in free fall.
    (IMPORTANT NOTICE, this applies to all other major political parties).
    The reality now is most probably and hopefully his political era (as well as the others) might be fading away and this is what he is concerned about.
    I hope the new government with the direct involvement of France can make something good for the country.
    I know all of the political parities will lay traps for it on the way, but if the gov succeeded in the reforms and redressing the economy, it will mean the political death to all these corrupt people and new political powers will emerge and have a sweeping success in any elections.

Ma yrabe7na jmileh that he does not want a share in this gov, (same for the others)
    As I said in another post, it is only natural to say FM, AMAL, HA, FPM, LF must not be in this gov or any other gov because we have been trying them all in the past 15 years and the result was a catastrophe.
    What you miss is that the gov is being formed by the trio Mikati/Sanyoura/Hariri........it is 100% political gov formed by 1 side.
    For the first time in my life i can't expect what PMA will do against this fact.........sign or not sign.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    ربيع الهبر: القوات تخطت مسيحيا التيار... والكتائب تضاعف حجمها

واعتبر الهبر أن "القوات اللبنانية تخطت مسيحيا التيار الوطني الحر والكتائب تضاعف حجمها، واليوم في حال تحالف القوات والكتائب سيلحقون هزيمة محققة بالتيار وستكون المعركة صعبة." اضاف الهبر ولكن حتى الان وبالواقع الشعبي الحالي، لا استطيع ان اقول ان التيار خسر، وان القوات ربحت، خاصة وان التغيير الشعبي لا يزال ضمن الاطار المقبول. وعن قانون الانتخابات اكد الهبر ان الانتخابات لن تحصل الا وفق القانون النافذ والا لن تحصل وقانون انتخابات دائرة وحدة وفق النسبية هو تسليم لبنان لحزب الله." اضاف الهبر ان الضغط لاجراء الانتخابات الان سببه الحركية الحاصلة ضد التيار حالياً والتي ستفقد فعاليتها مع مرور الوقت، بحيث سيستعيد قدرته الانتخابية ويمكنه استعاد جزء او كامل شعبيته بحسب الظرف.

المعزي سبقوا الغنم
    in the cattle race

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

لقاء الكتروني للتيار في افريقيا مع رئيس التيار جبران باسيل

SEPTEMBER

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    ++++
    @EAkiki3​

·
    47m

رئيس التيار الوطني الحر #جبران_باسيل في اجتماع داخلي لكوادر التيار وعدد من الناشطين عبر الأونلاين: تفاهـم مار مخايـل مستمر حتى ولو تم استهدافي بالعقوبـات الخارجيـة ولن نسمـح للخـارج بعزل الشيعة والإسـتفراد بهم وسياستنا لن تتغيـر