• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
it goes without saying that the continuity of corruption in Lebanon is due first and last to the inability of the Lebanese masses to exercise their intellectual faculties properly. i do not want to judge but something is obviously and fundamentally wrong with the people who rushed to attack bassil for refusing to hand over the decision making process to the hariri/birri/media alliance, or the wider circle which also includes HA and jumblat, and we are talking about nothing short of an organized mafia here, cartels, financial empires, corruption on all levels, absolute control over media, etc..

guys, you need to take a step back and examine what you are calling for here. you want the president to unconditionally rename the hariri team and give them absolute power and dominance over everything without any controls, checks or balances; the same team which for more than 30 years lead us to our financial destruction and corrupted every institution it controlled. add to it that hariri himself is as weak as can be on a personal level, and often time he is not the real decision maker in his team, in particular with the presence of people like sanyoura and miqati in the mix.

if you are aware of all of that, and still insist to place the blame on the president and bassil for preventing the above scenario, then your integrity is also compromised and unlike what you claim, not only you condone corruption, but you are also as corrupt as can be for no honest and intelligent person would deliver absolute power to the team that systematically sucked the livelihood of our people and brought Lebanon to the abyss.

this is not about political bickering, this is about facts; you cannot be anti-corruption and yet at the same time launch an attack against the president and bassil for refusing to empower hariri/birri. either you are lying or you are really in a coma.

people should always place their integrity and their ethical standards above petty politics, the alternative always leads to decay; and consequently, i am willing to bet that the people who hold on to their principles will always be a strong force in the face of the hariri/birri/media alliance, regardless of their numbers, and this is precisely why FPM, bassil and the president will remain the tough number in the Lebanese scene no matter how many billions are thrown to weaken them, and no matter how many sellouts keep attacking bassil and the president around the clock.
I don’t think the choice to delay the consultations is bad, and I don’t mind bassil Not naming hariri, quite the opposite, but not because of what choice they made per say, but rather the fact they are making choices and weighing in: what I have been criticising is the apparent lack of engagement of Bassil and the president in the government formation process since the French initiative... and I Read his speech “I won’t Change my mind” as a sign for the rest to just agree without him and put the onus on the president not calling for consultations... which is not right. I have lost trust in HA and Therefore believe it very likely they would accept to have a berri/hariri/joumblat lead government and the LF will give it confidence as usual, to spite FPM, which would then mean the same mafia takes control except the largest parliamentary group representing Christian voters as well as the presidency are totally marginalised. Not acceptable.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
what do you think is more likely?

• FPMers were organizing the events to remember the passed soldiers out of their own initiatives? that someone called for a centralized mass to remember the fallen ones and bassil happened to be on the list of invitees?
  • or that FPM under the directives of the leadership held as many events as possible to remember the fallen soldiers?
either you are malicious beyond redemption, or you have been really brainwashed, i hope it is the second one for your own sake.

but at any rate, the first thing that bassil said was to remember the fallen heroes, while most of the media skipped over this detail because their interests are elsewhere.

View attachment 21726
you are not in a healthy place..

I thought you were ignoring me
Probably I was not clear enough, but I know you knew my aim which is mentioning the missing soldiers, and the actions they are doing to get them back whether dead or alive... in the past they used to claim that this is the job of the state/gov, now they are the state & the gov.
No need to reply to me, I know what are you going to say.
I am only here to ping what left of your collective consciousness that this issue will weigh on your mind forever, as I don't think you really did any real action to bring this matter to an end.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

PS: I noticed that it is Nadim Qoteish who wrote the article, I was so taken by the article, that I didn't notice who was the author.
Anyway, the author is far from being objective, but the article is well written

Last edited:

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ayya bashing by FPM? M8 has been attacking FPM for over a decade now. Shu 3am tkhabbess?
It’s kind of what they do... play victim when they need you and when they don’t, reach for more power... boukra if there is a war he will come tell you don’t stab me, help me, we need to stay united etc... and as soon as you help him he will turn around and say he is a victim and needs the MoF to be used to illegally circumvent the will of the government... And after the MoF it will be another ministry, another post, another law they need to change to assert total control.