• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ma la7 yeb2a la rights wala man ya7zanon when destitution hits in a short while and Christians emigrate in droves. You're missing the forest for the trees.
I think you are missing the forest from the trees... a short period of economic relief and complete loss of rights is not an answer.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You are missing a lot :)

Let me get this straight, probably I am having some confusion in the latest news.
Aoun wants a cabinet of 22
Hariri wants a cabinet of 18
A few days ago SHN proposed a gov of 20 ministers and it was thought of as a compromise.

Where did I get it wrong?
if Aoun wants 20 how can SHN proposal be a compromise ???

The_FPMer

I think you are missing the forest from the trees... a short period of economic relief and complete loss of rights is not an answer.
Ma fi complete loss of rights, you're falling for FPM propaganda. Rights are not a secret potion that they take from you that you won't get back. Meste3eddin ngharri2 7alna 3al e5ir and completely destroy the country kermel wizara we7de? Which is better? Fortify the 3ahd by getting foreign aid and have a bigger leverage to negotiate with other sects later or keep stalling and destroy the entire country and Aoun and his legacy with it?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Let me get this straight, probably I am having some confusion in the latest news.
A few days ago SHN proposed a gov of 20 ministers and it was thought of as a compromise.

Sorry I misread your post...! Yes I understand that Aoun wants 20 - SHN’s “proposal” sounds like each gets what he wants: hariri gets interior, berri gets finance and GMA gets 20 - it is not a compromise and the number doesn’t matter. In my opinion...

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin

GMA wants 20, 22 or 24. Nafes l shi, they all add another nonJombi Druze. Jombi can't sit out and paralyze the government then.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Sorry I misread your post...! Yes I understand that Aoun wants 20 - SHN’s “proposal” sounds like each gets what he wants: hariri gets interior, berri gets finance and GMA gets 20 - it is not a compromise and the number doesn’t matter. In my opinion...

GMA wants 20, 22 or 24. Nafes l shi, they all add another nonJombi Druze. Jombi can't sit out and paralyze the government then.

it is good to discuss with reasonable people, even though they are bassilis 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ma fi complete loss of rights, you're falling for FPM propaganda. Rights are not a secret potion that they take from you that you won't get back. Meste3eddin ngharri2 7alna 3al e5ir and completely destroy the country kermel wizara we7de? Which is better? Fortify the 3ahd by getting foreign aid and have a bigger leverage to negotiate with other sects later or keep stalling and destroy the entire country and Aoun and his legacy with it?
I don’t really care for Aoun or his legacy. I care for balance in the power sharing formula in parallel with jailing the corrupt whomever they may be. Why do you think compromising on your rights is fine and they are recoverable but an economic crisis is not recoverable? It took the Christian community over 30 years for a partial return to power sharing and we are still fighting for it, and still not fully able to play our part. I don’t see us at all able to recover them easily as you are thinking.

The_FPMer

I don’t really care for Aoun or his legacy. I care for balance in the power sharing formula in parallel with jailing the corrupt whomever they may be. Why do you think compromising on your rights is fine and they are recoverable but an economic crisis is not recoverable? It took the Christian community over 30 years for a partial return to power sharing and we are still fighting for it, and still not fully able to play our part. I don’t see us at all able to recover them easily as you are thinking.
It took the Christian community 30 years because they were blind and stubborn and they paid for it, exactly like what's happening now. A small useless compromise will not take away our rights as long as our demographics do not change and our politicians are smart and pragmatic. What happened post-1990 is that Aoun was on a path towards self-annihilation and Geagea kabbar raso instead of totally joining the Syrians and leaving a gap in the Christian representation.

Small compromise in exchange for economic recovery is a small bump. Economic catastrophe where chaos ruins supreme is not.

NewLeb

As a former Christian, I have a soft spot for my fellow Lebanese Maronites. Not because of their religion, but because we ultimately come from the same genetic and cultural pool.

But I can in no way support Mr. Bassil. It’s not because he supports Christian rights (which the Jews clearly hate), but because he’s best friends with those who have nothing to do with my genetic and cultural pool.

There’s no way I can root for someone who’s constantly praising the Persians, and shaking hands with such filth. I’d much rather vote for a Lebanese Shiite with right-wing tendencies than a Christian who bends over for the Ayatollah.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
So far I didn't notice from you other than support to BAssiil ;) ;)

be fair man
walidos is a non FPMer and only supports good positions
It just happens that Bassil and Aoun are always right in his eyes
and everyone else are always wrong

lmao

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
@ghassan_atallah

·
3h

يتحدث #جبران_باسيل عن كل مفاصل الدولة ويطرح حلولاً لكل الأزمات. وبدل أن يناقشوه بالسياسة والقانون والإقتصاد والقضاء وكيفية الحفاظ على المال العام، يأتينا الردّ كما دائماً دون المستوى، ليؤكد مجدداً أننا لا يمكن أن نأتمنهم على الدولة ولن يستطيعوا تحقيق أي إصلاح!! #جبران_كلمتو_كلمة
+++
@edymaalouf​

·
1h

وقت ساعة حكي بالسياسة والمنطق وبالوقائع، بينرد عليها بهالاسلوب وبيطلع انو جبران هو يلي "رمى ما عنده وفيه من غدر وطعن بالظهر وقلة الوفاء على الرئيس الحريري" أقل ما يُقال، مش الحق عليكن، الحق على يلي ما اقتنعوا ورفضوا يصدّقوا "استقالة الصدمة الإيجابية" من السعودية
#غلطة_الشاطر_بألف

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
As a former Christian, I have a soft spot for my fellow Lebanese Maronites. Not because of their religion, but because we ultimately come from the same genetic and cultural pool.

But I can in no way support Mr. Bassil. It’s not because he supports Christian rights (which the Jews clearly hate), but because he’s best friends with those who have nothing to do with my genetic and cultural pool.

There’s no way I can root for someone who’s constantly praising the Persians, and shaking hands with such filth. I’d much rather vote for a Lebanese Shiite with right-wing tendencies than a Christian who bends over for the Ayatollah.
The "right-wing" that you identify with are all under control of the Jews (the region is subject to Israeli interests and policies first and foremost), that as you claim, hates Christian rights. Ayatollah's don't care about christian rights but at least don't hate them.

Imperator

You are driving the Christians away with your pitiful attitude.
Garbage 🗑 cheap talk the Christians are leaving because of the economic situation and the state of the country
The only way out is the French Initiative and its 25 billions dollars
Sign 🪧 the government
أشار نائب رئيس تيار المستقبل النائب السابق مصطفى علوش، الى أن "رئيس التيار الوطني الحر جبران باسيل ذو الثلاثة اوجه، المنافق الذي يقول الشيء وعكسه في خطابه ومسلكه. المفتن الذي يحرق الارض ويخلف الناس بعضهم ببعض. المفلس الذي يلجأ الي دفاتر الطائفية بعد ان خسر حتى ماء وجهه. ثلاثة وجوه لوباء واحد يضرب لبنان ويمنع حتى احتمال الشفاء. رحم الله بلدنا من الداء والوباء".
Great position
علوش: باسيل المنافق المفتن المفلس هو وباء يضرب لبنان ويمنع شفاءه
الأحد ٢١ شباط ٢٠٢١
@Patriot

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

@billnizzam2020

·
1h

جميل ان تقرأ كل تلك الردود والشتائم ضد خطاب باسيل مفرحة للقلب يتوحد الاسلام السياسي بشقيه السني والشيعي والجنبلاطية الدرزية للهجوم عليه بتناغم نادر مع اليسار السياسي يشتموه لانهم يرون به احياء للمارونية السياسية ظنوا انهم دفنوها في العام ٧٥ لذا ممتع ان تراهم مع كل هذا التوتر