• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

Imperator

I don’t support Bassil in all his stances, only when I think he is right.
In this issue of government formation, he is right.
I don’t really care for Aoun or his legacy. I care for balance in the power sharing formula in parallel with jailing the corrupt whomever they may be. Why do you think compromising on your rights is fine and they are recoverable but an economic crisis is not recoverable? It took the Christian community over 30 years for a partial return to power sharing and we are still fighting for it, and still not fully able to play our part. I don’t see us at all able to recover them easily as you are thinking.
Man if the Christians leave Lebanon or the country collapse
What will these gains in power mean
The PM Dawlet Rayss Harriri is offering the president full participation by agreement on all names and nominating 6/18
Stop 🛑 the lies
@Patriot

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Garbage 🗑 cheap talk the Christians are leaving because of the economic situation and the state of the country
The only way out is the French Initiative and its 25 billions dollars
Sign 🪧 the government
أشار نائب رئيس تيار المستقبل النائب السابق مصطفى علوش، الى أن "رئيس التيار الوطني الحر جبران باسيل ذو الثلاثة اوجه، المنافق الذي يقول الشيء وعكسه في خطابه ومسلكه. المفتن الذي يحرق الارض ويخلف الناس بعضهم ببعض. المفلس الذي يلجأ الي دفاتر الطائفية بعد ان خسر حتى ماء وجهه. ثلاثة وجوه لوباء واحد يضرب لبنان ويمنع حتى احتمال الشفاء. رحم الله بلدنا من الداء والوباء".
Great position
علوش: باسيل المنافق المفتن المفلس هو وباء يضرب لبنان ويمنع شفاءه
الأحد ٢١ شباط ٢٠٢١
@Patriot
We are leaving because of you and your likes. useless weasels who enjoy grovelling for crumbs rather than take your place at the table as equals. there was a word for that, another few of the forum rats tabaloulna dineyna fiya, their nicknamea were resign and LVV, both equally challenged in the use of brains and common sense. maybe if you dig up their posts you will find it :)

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
Michel Daher

@mgdaher

·
5m

لست بمعرض الدفاع عن جبران باسيل خاصة أنني انسحبت من تكتل لبنان القوي لكن لنأخذ الشق الايجابي مما قاله اليوم وخاصة إقرار ١-تدقيق جنائي ٢-الاصلاحات ٣-الكابيتال كونترول. هذه المطالب تهم الجميع و تضعنا على طريق الانقاذ، فلنبتعد عن شيطنة الرجل ولتكن معارضتنا بناءة بعيدًا عن السياسةً

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No I swear I don't remember
Well let’s start with how Bassil was appointed to leadership, this is something you always remind us about, go back to your posts and see who agreed with you, defended you and your position. Then go back to the silsilet el retab wil rawetib, then the stupid tejnis thing GMA signed, and the stupid people he appointed to some ministries, or the compromises he agreed to, or recently the insistence on keeping the MoU despite HA clearly never wanting to give up their weapons, or the acceptance of HA and Berri calling dibs on the ministry of Finance... as sure there is more, this is only top of mind :)

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Well let’s start with how Bassil was appointed to leadership, this is something you always remind us about, go back to your posts and see who agreed with you, defended you and your position. Then go back to the silsilet el retab wil rawetib, then the stupid tejnis thing GMA signed, and the stupid people he appointed to some ministries, or the compromises he agreed to, or recently the insistence on keeping the MoU despite HA clearly never wanting to give up their weapons, or the acceptance of HA and Berri calling dibs on the ministry of Finance... as sure there is more, this is only top of mind :)
bardon bardon, 7a2ak 3alaya :lol:

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Okay world leader exagéré
But the man was received by the leaders of France Egypt Dubai Qatar and Turkey
Bassil is on corruption list
So We need a government to unlock international help
Absolutely. And Alain Biffani, and Henri Chaoul and a list of very well respected Lebanese Financial experts, including Amer Bisat from BlackRock, had a clear plan to get the aid and were torpedoed by Berri, Hariri, Kan3an, Joumblatt and co. How would bringing Hariri back help? Yes, we could add another $22B to our debt and they can steal $15B of that. Not sure it is the right answer

Imperator

Absolutely. And Alain Biffani, and Henri Chaoul and a list of very well respected Lebanese Financial experts, including Amer Bisat from BlackRock, had a clear plan to get the aid and were torpedoed by Berri, Hariri, Kan3an, Joumblatt and co. How would bringing Hariri back help? Yes, we could add another $22B to our debt and they can steal $15B of that. Not sure it is the right answer
The difference this time it will be under international supervision
Loans are on 15/30 years with zero interest or very low
Really man you live I suppose outside
Here the people are suffering a lot
The Syrians and the foreign workers are better than most Lebanese
We need French initiative very quickly

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The difference this time it will be under international supervision
Loans are on 15/30 years with zero interest or very low
Really man you live I suppose outside
Here the people are suffering a lot
The Syrians and the foreign workers are better than most Lebanese
We need French initiative very quickly
With Anal controlling the MOF and Hariri the judiciary? Sure. I do love abroad but talk to my parents daily