Gebran Bassil - Head of FPM, Leader of the Strong Lebanon Bloc and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
علي حسن خليل لـ باسيل: رمي القنابل الصوتية لن يُغطي فشلكم

Ma 7ada ghayrak feshil ya 7ayawen​

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Correct me if I am wrong, isn't Ali Hassan Khalil one of the khalilayn who mediate between Bassil & Hariri???

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Correct me if I am wrong, isn't Ali Hassan Khalil one of the khalilayn who mediate between Bassil & Hariri???

Yes he's khalil number 2
This proves that all the 'positivity' that Bassil tried to paint around those meetings was indeed a lie.

In fact, i heard whispers (from very reliable sources) that Bassil had a big fight with Ali hassan khalil in Baabda in their first meeting and it was very very bad yet he kept advertising that the meeting was positive ta ma n2oul 3am b 3ar2el.

zalameh kezzeb darajeh oula.

mikeys71

Legendary Member
Yes he's khalil number 2
This proves that all the 'positivity' that Bassil tried to paint around those meetings was indeed a lie.

In fact, i heard whispers (from very reliable sources) that Bassil had a big fight with Ali hassan khalil in Baabda in their first meeting and it was very very bad.
That’s why both the Khalil take Safa with them in order to control the Zmek.
Safa is the Zmek handler.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

And the one that stopped deir ammar power plant wanting to recuperate 40M$ that the arbitrator deemed the government was not due (we lost) and cost us on top hundreds of millions a year… and he is talking hal khara

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@Walidos
watch for 15min

Ok… it’s more of the same honestly… sorry but these 2 are extremely stupid… if you hate Bassil you will like their speech because it validates your emotions, if you don’t like Bassil you will hate their speech. I think objectively they are not bringing anything to the table except a smear campaign… inno he said he met the Faysal guy on the boats project, and they had meetings at the four seasons in istamboul… Bala Zoghra I (used to) travel a lot (before Covid) and stayed in 5 star hotels… and I am not a minister… what stupidity are they uttering? Inno he did the penalty clause because he is guilty? Walaw? Ya3neh shilna ba2a inno Bassil claims he added it barke someone around him was corrupt (which is a very narcissistic comment), the important part is that there is a legal obligation on the company to pay 20M$ if it bribed any official to get the contract… and I sustain, how would he know that x y or z is getting paid to make the Turkish company win? Ma the money owed by the government is fixed and agreed, nothing more was paid, the cost was quite competitive, the solution still is the right one, and importantly, so far he doesn’t seem to have received any bribe from them…!

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Certainly… who has 2 million in a suitcase?

Ok… it’s more of the same honestly… sorry but these 2 are extremely stupid… if you hate Bassil you will like their speech because it validates your emotions, if you don’t like Bassil you will hate their speech. I think objectively they are not bringing anything to the table except a smear campaign… inno he said he met the Faysal guy on the boats project, and they had meetings at the four seasons in istamboul… Bala Zoghra I (used to) travel a lot (before Covid) and stayed in 5 star hotels… and I am not a minister… what stupidity are they uttering? Inno he did the penalty clause because he is guilty? Walaw? Ya3neh shilna ba2a inno Bassil claims he added it barke someone around him was corrupt (which is a very narcissistic comment), the important part is that there is a legal obligation on the company to pay 20M$ if it bribed any official to get the contract… and I sustain, how would he know that x y or z is getting paid to make the Turkish company win? Ma the money owed by the government is fixed and agreed, nothing more was paid, the cost was quite competitive, the solution still is the right one, and importantly, so far he doesn’t seem to have received any bribe from them…!
Told you, you are not watching...
You are building your opinion based on your political affiliation only.
2 main points to show here:
+ Ralph Faysal gave 2millions in cash to other guy. A clear sign of corruption in this matter.
+ Bassil said he didn't know Ralph before this deal. Kobi & his guy said this is not true, and they cited 4 seasons in turkey as a clue for an evidence they have and they will show later.
It's not about staying in a luxury hotel!

As I said when it comes to credibility it has been proven that Bassil is not on high ground.

Ba3den it is clear that you will not be convinced of anything even if you are seeing Bassil getting cash on video.
You were appalled when you heard that Bassil will mend ties with jomblat, but later on in a post your reaction was less harsh.
It is fine with me every one is free but there is one thing that is clearer by the days which is Bassil is like the others, neither a reformist nor clean.

Last edited:

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
+ Ralph Faysal gave 2millions in cash to other guy. A clear sign of corruption in this matter.
+ Bassil said he didn't know Ralph before this deal. Kobi & his guy said this is not true, and they cited 4 seasons in turkey as a clue for an evidence they have and they will show later.

As I said when it comes to credibility it has been proven that Bassil is not on high ground.

Ba3den it is clear that you will not be convinced of anything even if you are seeing Bassil getting cash on video.
You were appalled when you heard that Bassil will mend ties with jomblat, but later on in a post your reaction was less harsh.
It is fine with me every one is free but there is one thing that is clearer by the days which is Bassil is like the others, neither a reformist nor clean.
Best part is this
Ma the money owed by the government is fixed and agreed, nothing more was paid, the cost was quite competitive, the solution still is the right one

this is the lie that circulates within FPM channels as a truth.
They took it without a mona2asa ya3neh nobody competed on the price.
‘Solution is the right one’
Lak ayya solution ???

the ships were meant to be temporarily used while they build the plants
That’s the plan…
But ‘their’ plan turned out to milk the ships for ever.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Mate i replied to the first one before i watched the video and replied to the second one…
The 2 million thing, between faysal and the other guy, unless Bassil is in on it, how would he know? How could he find out? It’s company money to a person for services rendered… the state didn’t pay that money, the ministry didn’t lose anything, there is little chance he would be able to find out about it unless he is in on it…
On thé 4 seasons piece, it seems you are guided by your hate for and mistrust of Bassil: Bassil said he met Faisal for this project (the power boats), then kobaissi and his sidekick said Bassil met Faisal at the 4 seasons in Istanbul… the power ship company is Turkish, so naturally my mind went to a meeting with company reps in Istanbul at the 4 seasons, organised by Faisal who is part of the deal…! Ma badda hal2ad.

min il 2ekhir, can you also explain to me why a lying corrupt megalomaniac like Bassil would broker a deal with the Turkish company for a person he doesn’t know (Faisal) and not benefit from it at all? He is a lot of things but he isn’t stupid… he works out a deal do 2 million (allegedly) can be shared between 2 people he has very little to do with and get nothing in return?

you are really hanging at straws, you and the kobeissi person and his sidekick…!

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Mate i replied to the first one before i watched the video and replied to the second one…
The 2 million thing, between faysal and the other guy, unless Bassil is in on it, how would he know? How could he find out? It’s company money to a person for services rendered… the state didn’t pay that money, the ministry didn’t lose anything, there is little chance he would be able to find out about it unless he is in on it…
On thé 4 seasons piece, it seems you are guided by your hate for and mistrust of Bassil: Bassil said he met Faisal for this project (the power boats), then kobaissi and his sidekick said Bassil met Faisal at the 4 seasons in Istanbul… the power ship company is Turkish, so naturally my mind went to a meeting with company reps in Istanbul at the 4 seasons, organised by Faisal who is part of the deal…! Ma badda hal2ad.

min il 2ekhir, can you also explain to me why a lying corrupt megalomaniac like Bassil would broker a deal with the Turkish company for a person he doesn’t know (Faisal) and not benefit from it at all? He is a lot of things but he isn’t stupid… he works out a deal do 2 million (allegedly) can be shared between 2 people he has very little to do with and get nothing in return?

you are really hanging at straws, you and the kobeissi person and his sidekick…!
let's make it simple, the UK gov gave a project to a company, at cost X
then, later on, discovers that 2 people related to this project, have exchange 2millions in cash, after several exchanges related to that project;
doesn't that trigger an immediate investigation and suspicions of corruption in this project!!!
Especially that the project did not go through the normal bidding process?!
So if there were 2millions of bribery, then at the very least, the project should have cost the taxpayers X-2millions...

Bassil & co have claimed many times that there was no corruption, in the powerships deal, and denied the claim of Kobi, recently they gave themselves credit that the corruption has been uncovered !! what the heck...

Now that everybody (including Bassil) agrees that there was corruption, the question, is how come a minister that knows all, and controls all, and alazi la yanam, especially that this deal took all of his time, didn't know about this corruption!!
This is an open question, no one said explicitly that Bassil knew, but there are questions to be answered on this subject.
There are 2 possibilities: either he really didn't know anything and it happened under his nose, or he knew... both are not very good for him

As for the not knowing Ralph Faysal, it reminds me not knowing Mario Lasala.
In Lasala case, there was a photo of the 2 in a dinner, and Lasala on the top of the table which can't be unnoticed by Bassil.
But that does not mean he knew him well, he can be one of many guests, with whom bassil exchanged few words and that's it.
HOWEVER, the official documents of the US gov in which they say that LASALA appointed a lawyer a PR (whatever) to lobby for BASSIL
does not show that the 2 don't know each other! quite the opposite.

Based on this story, Bassil lying or having his attorney lie for him in Ralph Faysal story is very plausible.
We have to wait and see.

As I said, even if you see a video of Bassil getting cash money, you most probably say he gave them to a charity.
Aslan, Bassil himself publicly said on 2 occasions that he gets bribery and set his price:
1- VIP section in 2016 EURO finals (PS I don't know how he will do it this time)
2- going in private jets to Davos
and both didn't ring a bell in many of his followers, probably they are amazed by his ingenuity!!
No one ever asked himself, the guy who is giving Bassil such lavish gifts, what is he getting in return ????!!!!!

Finally, make this experiment. Go tell Bassil stories to your English colleagues and see their reaction?!
then tell them this is the one who claims to be a reformist, let alone those who don't!

Last edited:

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
let's make it simple, the UK gov gave a project to a company, at cost X
then, later on, discovers that 2 people related to this project, have exchange 2millions in cash, after several exchanges related to that project;
doesn't that trigger an immediate investigation and suspicions of corruption in this project!!!
Especially that the project did not go through the normal bidding process?!
So if there were 2millions of bribery, then at the very least, the project should have cost the taxpayers X-2millions...
1- certainly there would be an investigation, certainly the relevant authorities will investigate and not a reporter, certainly the minister is not immediately declared guilty. And in this case in lebanon, no one is advocating to stop investigating, I am simply saying kobeissi is on a smear campaign always alluding to Bassil being the culprit while nothing he says or shows as evidence evens links Bassil to any of these alleged activities. The voice recordings have been with the authorities for years (where else did kobeissi get them) and this 2M$ story can be easily verifiable if ouweidat and that other judge raise a case and remove the bank secrecy and launch a probe into Faisal’s accounts both local and international..

Bassil & co have claimed many times that there was no corruption, in the powerships deal, and denied the claim of Kobi, recently they gave themselves credit that the corruption has been uncovered !! what the heck...
Politics, wou habal, I don’t care what they claim.

Now that everybody (including Bassil) agrees that there was corruption, the question, is how come a minister that knows all, and controls all, and alazi la yanam, especially that this deal took all of his time, didn't know about this corruption!!
This is an open question, no one said explicitly that Bassil knew, but there are questions to be answered on this subject.
There are 2 possibilities: either he really didn't know anything and it happened under his nose, or he knew... both are not very good for him
There you go again creating stories and building in them… if he knew it can easily be uncovered and ouweidat is clearly anti Bassil so should take him all of 48 hours to find it out, yitfaddal, I am not saying Bassil is innocent or guilty, but this is clearly a smear campaign. If he didn’t know, it’s not bad for him, it’s absolutely normal! How the hell would he know? shou under his nose? Whose to tell you where you work today, a supplier is not paying a French guy to help them land contracts? If something like this comes out, and you had no idea, would it have happened under your nose and is bad for you? A bit if objectivity

As for the not knowing Ralph Faysal, it reminds me not knowing Mario Lasala.
In Lasala case, there was a photo of the 2 in a dinner, and Lasala on the top of the table which can't be unnoticed by Bassil.
But that does not mean he knew him well, he can be one of many guests, with whom bassil exchanged few words and that's it.
HOWEVER, the official documents of the US gov in which they say that LASALA appointed a lawyer a PR (whatever) to lobby for BASSIL
does not show that the 2 don't know each other! quite the opposite.
The point you are trying to make is that Bassil lied about knowing lasala… the first important thing for me is that I couldn’t care less about lasala amd wether or not Bassil hired him to PR for him in the US. The second point is that Bassil has no reason to hide his relationship with lasala - none! Even if it were true there is nothing wrong with it. The third point is that it is totally irrelevant… say he lied about lasala, Ya3ne de facto he lied about Faisal? No, the point you will argue is that Bassil is not trustworthy, which is exactly the definition of a smear campaign: bring up irrelevant stories (not sure they are facts, btw please share the official documents I haven’t seen those) simply to discredit someone…

Based on this story, Bassil lying in or having his attorney lie for him in Ralph Faysal story is very plausible.
We have to wait and see.
again you jump to conclusions based on hearsay and a clear bid against Bassil. If you thought with balance and fairness, you would not
As I said, even if you see a video of Bassil getting cash money, you most probably say he gave them to a charity.
Aslan, Bassil himself publicly said on 2 occasions that he gets bribery and set his price:
1- VIP section in 2016 EURO finals (PS I don't know how he will do it this time)
2- going in private jets to Davos
and both didn't ring a bell in many of his followers, probably they are amazed by his ingenuity!!
No one ever asked himself, the guy who is giving Bassil such lavish gifts, what is he getting in return ????!!!!!
Abadan, you immediately accuse me of accepting corruption because I disagree with your utterly biased conclusions. This is not acceptable. In actuality, even if bassil gave 100$ to a nun at an orphanage you would accuse him of some sort of bribery… il Mishkleh when you do that you force people who are fair to defend him… even though they are not supporters.
the football one is not right, and if you recall, I agreed with you at the time it was being debated and where others were justifying it. Y saying it’s a small amount. The fact is he should not have accepted any gift that even may be construed as a bribe.
On the second one, it was the private jet of that ex-minister of education (the husband of the singer) who is part of the strong lebanon block… Ya3ne if this is a bribe, then anyone who goes on the private plane of hariri to go anywhere is being bribed… it’s ridiculous! I disagree with that Swedish MP…
Finally, make this experiment. Go tell Bassil stories to your English colleagues and see their reaction?!
then tell them this is the one who claims to be reformist, let alone those who don't!
Listen it’s not about what a random person would say. This is about facts, of which there are none, and kobeissi is simply linking stories and alluding to wrongdoings to smear Bassil. As simple as that.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@JustLeb

why do you even bother mate
2al he can't see a link between everything that happened and Gebran Bassil
Gebran the minister of energy and water and the mastermind behind the turkish ships deal

lak link him Sleiman beik's press conference
he knew the turks are getting the deal 2 years in advance
ships were being built 2 years in advance

lak khalasna habal.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
1- certainly there would be an investigation, certainly the relevant authorities will investigate and not a reporter, certainly the minister is not immediately declared guilty. And in this case in lebanon, no one is advocating to stop investigating, I am simply saying kobeissi is on a smear campaign always alluding to Bassil being the culprit while nothing he says or shows as evidence evens links Bassil to any of these alleged activities. The voice recordings have been with the authorities for years (where else did kobeissi get them) and this 2M$ story can be easily verifiable if ouweidat and that other judge raise a case and remove the bank secrecy and launch a probe into Faisal’s accounts both local and international..

Politics, wou habal, I don’t care what they claim.

There you go again creating stories and building in them… if he knew it can easily be uncovered and ouweidat is clearly anti Bassil so should take him all of 48 hours to find it out, yitfaddal, I am not saying Bassil is innocent or guilty, but this is clearly a smear campaign. If he didn’t know, it’s not bad for him, it’s absolutely normal! How the hell would he know? shou under his nose? Whose to tell you where you work today, a supplier is not paying a French guy to help them land contracts? If something like this comes out, and you had no idea, would it have happened under your nose and is bad for you? A bit if objectivity

The point you are trying to make is that Bassil lied about knowing lasala… the first important thing for me is that I couldn’t care less about lasala amd wether or not Bassil hired him to PR for him in the US. The second point is that Bassil has no reason to hide his relationship with lasala - none! Even if it were true there is nothing wrong with it. The third point is that it is totally irrelevant… say he lied about lasala, Ya3ne de facto he lied about Faisal? No, the point you will argue is that Bassil is not trustworthy, which is exactly the definition of a smear campaign: bring up irrelevant stories (not sure they are facts, btw please share the official documents I haven’t seen those) simply to discredit someone…

again you jump to conclusions based on hearsay and a clear bid against Bassil. If you thought with balance and fairness, you would not

Abadan, you immediately accuse me of accepting corruption because I disagree with your utterly biased conclusions. This is not acceptable. In actuality, even if bassil gave 100$ to a nun at an orphanage you would accuse him of some sort of bribery… il Mishkleh when you do that you force people who are fair to defend him… even though they are not supporters.
the football one is not right, and if you recall, I agreed with you at the time it was being debated and where others were justifying it. Y saying it’s a small amount. The fact is he should not have accepted any gift that even may be construed as a bribe.
On the second one, it was the private jet of that ex-minister of education (the husband of the singer) who is part of the strong lebanon block… Ya3ne if this is a bribe, then anyone who goes on the private plane of hariri to go anywhere is being bribed… it’s ridiculous! I disagree with that Swedish MP…

Listen it’s not about what a random person would say. This is about facts, of which there are none, and kobeissi is simply linking stories and alluding to wrongdoings to smear Bassil. As simple as that.
3a rassi
As you like