Gebran Bassil - Minister of Foreign Affairs & Head of FPM

• Advertisement
  • HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    as usdual muslims afre in a coima or indifference
    cause at the end, they are ok wh syrians yetjanaso

نظّمت مجموعة من الشباب اللبناني بمشاركة طلاب من قطاع الشباب في التيار الوطني الحر تحرّكاً أمام مقرّ المفوضية السامية للأمم المتحدة لشؤون اللاجئين في منطقة الجناح-بيروت في لبنان.
    وتميّز هذا التحرك أمام المقرّ، برفع العلم اللبناني دون غيره كما وحمل الشبان والشابات يافطات شدّدت على حق النازحين السوريين بالعودة إلى بلادهم معتبرين أن سلب الشعب السوري حقه بالرجوع إلى أرضه سوريا هو جريمة بحق السوريين أولاً قبل سواهم، منوهين أن المفوضية السامية للأمم المتحدة لشؤون اللاجئين لا تعمل بحسب رسالتها وتساهم بقراراتها في إعاقة هذه العودة بدلاً من تأمينها وتسهيلها.
    وعبّرت المجموعة عن امتعاضها من عدم اتاحة الفرصة لها لإيجاد فرص عمل من خلال رفع صور لشهاداتهم الجامعيةوالذين يتمّ استبدالها باليد العاملة السورية مما يجعل الحياة المعيشية صعبة ويدفع بهم إلى الهجرة. ولفتت النظر الى ارتفاع نسبة الجريمة والأعباء البيئية والإقتصادية التي تتحملها الدولة اللبنانية الأمر الذي ينعكس سلباً على قيامها بواجباتها تجاه مواطنيها. وسألت مجموعة الشباب إذا كان المطلوب من خلال هذه العرقلة هو تهجير اللبنانيين والشباب من بلادهم بحثاً عن لقمة عيشهم وتثبيت السوريين في الأرض اللبنانية خوفا" على الدول المعرقلة والداعمة لقرار الأمم المتحدة من نزوح هذا العدد الهائل إلى بلادها.
    ويهمّ الذين قاموا بهذا التحرّك رافعين راية #لاعودةعن_العودة أن يؤكدوا أن هذه الخطوة ستليها خطوات أخرى إلى أن تقوم المفوضية والمجتمع الدّولي بالإجماع على حق عودة النازحين السوريين إلى بلادهم خاصة وقد أصبحت بمعظمها آمنة.

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    We did not choose to go after the UN.

The UNHCR are working against the policy of the Lebanese Government and the will of the Lebanese people.

We have every right as a sovereign state to take the appropriate measures to disrupt or attempt to disrupt their work that serves an agenda that opposes the will of the Lebanese people.
    UNHCR denied these accusations.
    And I haven't seen anything from them to make me think they are, in fact, trying to settle Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
    What did they do to make you think so?

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    UNHCR denied these accusations.
    And I haven't seen anything from them to make me think they are, in fact, trying to settle Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
    What did they do to make you think so?
    A detailed description of their mission in Lebanon is on their website.
    It was already linked few times on this forum already.

They can deny all they want
    And we have the right to defend our sovereignty with whatever means necessary

Lebanon is not Europe’s backyard
    If they continue to fail to abide by the Lebanese government policy then rest assured that those refugees are going to board ships and get to sent to Europe same as Turkey has done in the past

Bassil made it clear this afternoon.

A detailed description of their mission in Lebanon is on their website.
    It was already linked few times on this forum already.

They can deny all they want
    And we have the right to defend our sovereignty with whatever means necessary

Lebanon is not Europe’s backyard
    If they continue to fail to abide by the Lebanese government policy then rest assured that those refugees are going to board ships and get to sent to Europe same as Turkey has done in the past

Bassil made it clear this afternoon.
    Actually this is not a special policy for Lebanon, it's a general policy for them. While I totally agree with you it does not fit us as a nation, I disagree on the approach.
    Denying Visa will not solve the problem.
    There's only one solution to this problem talking to the regime or El rayyes abou Ali.

Suppose it was agreed that few thousands return back to a calm area on Syria under the protection of Russia. The unchr can't stop this deal.
    So it is more fruitful for Gebran Al Qawi to go speak with Lavrov then create a fuss with the UN.
    Tell Bassil that doing this will give him more media attention than denying a UNHCR employee a visa. This is silly measure they has zero impact. Quite the opposite, this will push the UNHCR claim that the refugees conditions is worsening and Bassil is responsible of that.

I have a question for you.
    Bassil 3am ya3mol 3antariet wel sha3eb El m3attar 3am b sade2, but what is the exit strategy for him?
    The UNHCR will not back down and they don't feel the heat to back down, cutting the services for the refugees will make their conditions worsening and soon Bassil will feel the heat.
    What would be the reaction of the public if Bassil resumes the visas without obtaining any of his demands???
    Byotla3o 3antariet Bassil drat 3a blat.
    The guy is a gambler and this is what we don't need for this situation.

This is a useful step

أكد الرئيس سعد الحريري انه "كنت اتمنى ان ننتهي من مسألة تاليف الحكومة قبل عيد الفطر ولست متخوفا من التأخير في تشكيل الحكومة وعلينا ان نفكر بالانتاجية".
    الحريري وبعد لقائه بوتين أكد على انه "يجب توضيح القانون رقم 10 وحثّ النظام في سوريا على شرح هذا الأمر بشكل واضح وتحديد حقّ اللاجئين في العودة الى سوريا".
    وأضاف: "بحثنا ملف عودة اللاجئين السوريين والقانون رقم 10 في سوريا الذي يجب توضيحه

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Actually this is not a special policy for Lebanon, it's a general policy for them. While I totally agree with you it does not fit us as a nation, I disagree on the approach.
    Denying Visa will not solve the problem.
    There's only one solution to this problem talking to the regime or El rayyes abou Ali.

Suppose it was agreed that few thousands return back to a calm area on Syria under the protection of Russia. The unchr can't stop this deal.
    So it is more fruitful for Gebran Al Qawi to go speak with Lavrov then create a fuss with the UN.
    Tell Bassil that doing this will give him more media attention than denying a UNHCR employee a visa. This is silly measure they has zero impact. Quite the opposite, this will push the UNHCR claim that the refugees conditions is worsening and Bassil is responsible of that.

I have a question for you.
    Bassil 3am ya3mol 3antariet wel sha3eb El m3attar 3am b sade2, but what is the exit strategy for him?
    The UNHCR will not back down and they don't feel the heat to back down, cutting the services for the refugees will make their conditions worsening and soon Bassil will feel the heat.
    What would be the reaction of the public if Bassil resumes the visas without obtaining any of his demands???
    Byotla3o 3antariet Bassil drat 3a blat.
    The guy is a gambler and this is what we don't need for this situation.
    I do not see the gamble.

An organization is working on your territory against you. Now that is a gamble

Bassil will not back down except if he was pressured internally to do so.

Are you worried about the public’s opinion?
    7ot idek w ejrek bi may berde
    Personally, i’d say, at least, there was someone who tried to do something.

The UNHCR need to be pressured into relooking their strategy in regards to the Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
    Bassil can only do what goes with his prerogatives.
    The Residency permits ban

Today in the press conference he mentioned sending the refugees to europe Being on the table.
    Not easy but he pointed at it.
    He might be full of shit, but at least he did a move from what it seemed a position of strength.
    Apparently, and knowing Bassil, There is something that he knows and we don’t.

The UN will abide by our rules
    Mark my words and We’ll remind each other later on.

And if that happened, i hope it’ll have a little bit of positive impact on your stance towards Bassil.

I do not see the gamble.

An organization is working on your territory against you. Now that is a gamble

Bassil will not back down except if he was pressured internally to do so.

Are you worried about the public’s opinion?
    7ot idek w ejrek bi may berde
    Personally, i’d say, at least, there was someone who tried to do something.
    actually it was badly stated, what I meant his credibility will go on free fall if he backs down.

The UNHCR need to be pressured into relooking their strategy in regards to the Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
    Bassil can only do what goes with his prerogatives.
    The Residency permits ban
    Why hal 3antariet then?

Today in the press conference he mentioned sending the refugees to europe Being on the table.
    Not easy but he pointed at it.
    He might be full of shit, but at least he did a move from what it seemed a position of strength.
    BS... how does he intend to do that ? practically ?

Apparently, and knowing Bassil, There is something that he knows and we don’t.
    I do... he knows he won't be FM in the next gov, so today's 3antariat is for the show...and only for the show
    and the justification in 2 weeks is easy... "I am no more in charge I can't do anything anymore"

the problem is the people who believe him

The UN will abide by our rules
    Mark my words and We’ll remind each other later on.
    I will surely remind you of that ;)

And if that happened, i hope it’ll have a little bit of positive impact on your stance towards Bassil.
    I like to think of myself as a fair guy and if this happens I will give him a thumb up :p

Last edited:

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    actually it was badly stated, what I meant his credibility will go on free fall if he backs down.

Why hal 3antariet then?

BS... how does he intend to do that ? practically ?

I do... he knows he won't be FM in the next gov, so today's 3antariat is for the show...and only for the show
    and the justification in 2 weeks is easy... "I am not more in charge I can't do anything anymore"

the problem is the people who believe him

I will surely remind you of that ;)

I like to think of myself as a fair guy and if this happens I will give him a thumb up :p
    And the FA ministry will maintain its policy even if Bassil got replaced.

And yes we will remind each other ;)

Coordination with the Syrian government is not enough even they got a green light by Assad himself
    UNHCR are spreading fear amongst the refugees for when it comes to their return.

The least you can do is attempt to disrupt their operations as long as both the lebanese and Syrian authorities are on the same page in this matter. And last week’s letter send by lm3alem suggests so.

Time will tell and we will both see how this will work out.

one thing to consider is whether Saad and FM are really at odds with bassil or is Saad's rhetoric just for PR purposes. Despite what some medias want to propogate, the truth is the vast majority of lebanese understand that the refugees will never become citizens. They did not forget the palestinians.. They understand that naturalizing 2 mill people is not an option and is detrimental to the country. This is something all sects understand.

its lebanese tradition to tell your guests to stay while walking them to the door.. LOL

anyway just a thought.. Saad might be working behind the scenes with Bassil. I could be wrong though

Bassil press conference was great. Reminded me of Bashir when he was speaking with the international community about the palo problem. we need them out asap. Borders closed and keep them out. It is not our issue. We are the ones dealing with it. The UN should be disbanded. Always was just a muscle on poor and destable countries.

Bassil press conference was great. Reminded me of Bashir when he was speaking with the international community about the palo problem. we need them out asap. Borders closed and keep them out. It is not our issue. We are the ones dealing with it. The UN should be disbanded. Always was just a muscle on poor and destable countries.
    How many times did he say the word baltaji? :)
    Bassil not qawi Brabaganda crap :)

We need to place all the burden on Russia. They wanted to get involved in syria, let them deal with the syrian people. Bassil needs to call out Russia and Assad, not just the UN.
    Saad delivers:

بوتين للحريري: أمامكم مهمّة تشكيل الحكومة الجديدة

أمّا الحريري فقال: "كان بحثٌ مطوّل في ما يخصّ اللاجئين السوريين وعودتهم إلى سوريا، ومساعدة روسيا في هذا الشأن، ولا سيّما في ما يتعلق بشرح القانون رقم 10، الذي تمّ تمديده لمدة سنة، لكن لا بدّ مِن توضيحٍ أكبر له وحثِّ النظام السوري على شرحِ هذا الموضوع بشكل أفضل، لكي لا يوحي بأنّ اللاجئين في لبنان لا يحقّ لهم العودة إلى سوريا. حقوقُ النازحين السوريين ببلدِهم يجب أن تكون دائمة ويجب ألّا ينتزع أحدٌ هذه الحقوق منهم. تحدَّثنا مطوّلاً في هذا الشأن وفي شؤون المنطقة".

JB81

Legendary Member
    Indeed! The conference and the visit to Arsal showed that the Syrians are willing to go back to Syria, but they lack support and assistance.

Why wouldn't the U.N. give the refugees in Lebanon financial assistance if they moved to Syria, while giving the displaced in Syria financial support?

Big thanks to Minister Bassil and haters are going to hate... someone should wake up Minister of Social Affairs, the guy seem to be in coma! Wala ka2an fi 1.5 million refugees that he is one of main responsible for their destiny.