Politicians General Aoun: 60% of all normal crime in Lebanon is done by Syrians

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Theres no such thing as hate speech

Also bakir ta yont2o b hal hal mwdou3
    Kif there is no such thing as hate speech? Granted this is not hate speech especially if backed up by evidence, however how the hell are you stating that there is no such thing as hate speech??

superduper703

Theres no such thing as hate speech
    What he is saying might be the truth (he probably has access to actual info), but it is hate speech.

It's like PM Trudeau coming out and saying that 60% of all normal crime in Canada are committed by Blacks.

It'd be even worse if he's blowing that "60%" number from his ass.

Iron Maiden

Kif there is no such thing as hate speech? Granted this is not hate speech especially if backed up by evidence, however how the hell are you stating that there is no such thing as hate speech??
    Hate speech is an expression that means everyhing and nothing.

Its a bundle of everything anyone does not agree with. It doesnt exist and for this instance has absolutly notjing to do with the vid

Iron Maiden

What he is saying might be the truth (he probably has access to actual info), but it is hate speech.

It's like PM Trudeau coming out and saying that 60% of all normal crime in Canada are committed by Blacks.

50% of the time, Statistics hurt people's feelings everytime

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hate speech is an expression that means everyhing and nothing.

Its a bundle of everything anyone does not agree with. It doesnt exist and for this instance has absolutly notjing to do with the vid
    No it's not, it's literally hating on someone or attacking a group of people based on race, orientation, nationality etc. It's actually a very straight forward clear definition! It's not like santa Claus! And it certainly isn't a bundle of everything anyone doesn't agree with!

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

No it is not hate speech.

Iron Maiden

No it's not, it's literally hating on someone or attacking a group of people based on race, orientation, nationality etc. It's actually a very straight forward clear definition! It's not like santa Claus! And it certainly isn't a bundle of everything anyone doesn't agree with!
    Lets call it the theory of generalized racism then :)

Heck u even said it urself its anything said about anyone, hate speech doesnt exist, its just a tactic in identity politics to stomp free speech.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lets call it the theory of generalized racism then :)

Heck u even said it urself its anything said about anyone, hate speech doesnt exist, its just a tactic in identity politics to stomp free speech.
    No once again it's not, I get that you like raging about political correctness and I agree that in this case this is not hate speech however to go so far as to claim that there is no such thing as hate speech is actually nuts!

Hate speech is attacking people based on nothing other than wanting to be an offensive prick and external characteristics they cannot change, it's despicable disgusting and most importantly actually exists and punishable by law in most countries! Free speech is just an excuse assholes use when they want to act like assholes! Freedom of speech does not guarantee you immunity from laws!

superduper703

No it is not hate speech.
    I might be sensitivized to these things from living in Canada for the past 30 years. People can't just say these things here, especially heads of state. I still remember when Adonis, a Lebanese supermarket here, brought ras el-abed to Montreal. They slapped "Tête de nègre" to comply with labeling requirements for Canada, and it made for a very serious situation. We, Lebanese, ever the racist ones, laughed about it, but the Canadians weren't amused.

Lebanese are racists and bigoted. It's been proven.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Truth is now hate speech? Preposterous!

He's not calling on people to attack Syrians...he's merely citing statistics.
    He is not just citing statistics. He is pointing to a real problem caused by Syrian refugees. He has every right to that and it is not hate speech. Not at all.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    hate speech doesnt exist, its just a tactic in identity politics to stomp free speech.
    Hate speech does exist (ex: what Nazis said about Jews). Nowadays, however, the term has been usurped by social justice warriors and it is being applied to situations that have nothing to do with hate speech.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I might be sensitivized to these things from living in Canada for the past 30 years. People can't just say these things here, especially heads of state. I still remember when Adonis, a Lebanese supermarket here, brought ras el-abed to Montreal. They slapped "Tête de nègre" to comply with labeling requirements for Canada, and it made for a very serious situation. We, Lebanese, ever the racist ones, laughed about it, but the Canadians weren't amused.

Even in Canada and by Canadian standards what he said is not hate speech.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter

This is not a Tete de negre situation although I do agree that's a disgusting name for a delicious treat lol!

He's saying Syrians are responsible for the majority of crimes in Lebanon he's not saying Syrians suck just because they're Syrians or that they're idiots or whatever else, he's stating something based on facts and statistics he has access to.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    I might be sensitivized to these things from living in Canada for the past 30 years. People can't just say these things here, especially heads of state.
    The Canadian government is overrun by ridiculous SJWs, or those pandering to them. Nothing to emulate.

I still remember when Adonis, a Lebanese supermarket here, brought ras el-abed to Montreal. They slapped "Tête de nègre" to comply with labeling requirements for Canada, and it made for a very serious situation. We, Lebanese, ever the racist ones, laughed about it, but the Canadians weren't amused.

That's a totally different situation. The term is actually racist and offensive, with connotations to slavery.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter

We want the refugees out
    Racist or not, they cannot stay here.
    Unlike in Canada,
    What G. Aoun said is what the Lebanese people want to hear and expect from him.