• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Elections General Chamel Roukoz - Get to know him better

• Advertisement
  • freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    Best candidate that FPM has to offer after PMA ofcourse.
    In what way? Never saw anything positively or negatively from him on the political scene yet to judge him on it. Plus he doesnt have clear stances on many issues. He is like sabaa wants everyone support at the same time so mabtekhoud meno la ha2 wla batil.

La Blague

In what way? Never saw anything positively or negatively from him on the political scene yet to judge him on it. Plus he doesnt have clear stances on many issues. He is like sabaa wants everyone support at the same time so mabtekhoud meno la ha2 wla batil.
    Exactly +
    He’s very boring to listen to
    Is too close with the ekta3 for a pure Aounist

Aoune32!

I think he is very different than the normal politicians we have currently. Aoun was a General and he did wonders as a politician. After a few years of political experience GCR will also do wonders.

Don’t know the man.
    Ma bye3nileh adaban. Not interested
    Won t vote for him.
    As someone said above: he lacks communication skills and charisma. (Boring to listen).
    Mich ma3rouf chou wad3o l siyesseh :
    Ok fhmena enno sohro la PMA (ekta3 ???)
    Does it mean he shares FPM points of view ??
    Not sure as people say that he is at odds with GB.
    So shou machrou3o ? Shou khatto l siyesseh ? Shou ettijeho ?

Is he like the myriads of aounists who claim we are aounists but hate GB ???

Nonan

I really dont know who this guy is politically

Neither do most ppl

Odds are he will cost fpm more votes than he wins for them
    I doubt he will cost them votes if he doesn’t do more mistakes (I put his Berri statement as mistake). He has a strong army reputation that will carry people fine first time. Remember, people voted for Chamel Mouzaya in 2005... and today we learned something new about him... he likes to quote Gebran.... (@lebanese1 )

manifesto

You know nothing about him? Perhaps you should look up his biography and his long list of contributions and military achievements.

I’m not saying that a military career automatically makes one a great politician, but if someone deserves a chance, it’s him.

Couple of posts about GCR to be replied to here, so as not to divert the Jbeil elections thread too much.

Stating that we would have military superiority over Israel (or even that we need to) is absolutely stupid. It is a lie. Israel has nuclear weapons, a GDP that is more than 10x superior to ours, it has its own military industry, etc. What we need with Israel is a sort of equilibrium based on the perception that we would be able to inflict sufficient damage to raise the bar / stakes for any aggression. The same goes for Syria by the way, whose army occupied larger swaths of Lebanon and for longer periods than Israel. My interpretation (without any information, so I’m the only accountable for it, not GCR) is that we do need absolute military superiority against non state terrorist groups, like ISIS or Quaida, or Assir, or FatH e Islam, etc. Remember, GCR’s biggest wars were against these groups (as well as LF and Syria)
    The GCR campaign program video claimed he wanted to give the LAF "absolute military superiority"... it used those words not me. If such words are to be used, they should be at least somewhat meaningful no ?

If he is using such big words against none state terrorist groups, and completely ignoring the IDF... means he is flexing muscles on easy pray while ignoring the big elephant in the room. The big elephant in the room is Lebanon's defense against Israel and the IDF. Yeah, if you want to flex muscles in this way at least have the decency to not hide behind a fingers.

Don't know if this is attributed to him or his media team, but for sure, it is his responsibility to make sure the major basis are covered. GCR is not a normal MP candidate... he comes from army with supposedly a great military track record and which he is capitalizing on to enter politics and even become a "leader". So, his outlook on military matters will be the first to be assessed and judged.

TL;DR; It is fine and dandy to want "absolute military superiority" over none state terrorists, but not if it means he is ignoring a bigger and more dangerous threat.

Btw, what do you mean in the above highlighted? "On the perception"... no.... we need this in reality not merely perception ;) Ya3ne, we need offensive weapons effective against Israel and the advanced high tech IDF... ma fi mahrab mina hal shaghle.

From all the defense ministers we had from 1990 till 2005, which one acted - not speeches and hot air - to strengthen the LAF?

Michel Murr? (1989-1992)
    Mohsen Dalloul? (1992-1998)
    Ghazi Zaayter? (1998-2000)
    Khalil Hrawi? (2000-2003)
    Mahmoud Hammoud? (2003-2004)
    Abdel Rahim Mrad? ( 2004-2005)

From all the list, min bi ghabbir 3a ranger GCR?

We all heard their speeches, but what did they do to strengthen the LAF in order to have “absolute military superiority against Israel's IDF”?
    There is a first time for everything :)
    If there is no serious will strengthen the LAF vs IDF in particular, the argument for dominance of paramilitary groups like Hezbollah will remain.
    Fans of Israel need to pick their poison.

El fekra mish bayyi3a bi Keserwan/Jbeil, ma fi zbouneit...ma 3ada bi Lassa.
    Perhaps, but kalam el nes is not restricted to Keserwan/Jbeil, nor is the ministry of defense.

If there is no serious will strengthen the LAF vs IDF in particular.
    Since this issue concerns all Lebanese it should be resolved by the Lebanese government.

the argument for dominance of paramilitary groups like Hezbollah will remain.
    Never doubt the power of prayers.

I still remember the days i prayed for the things i have now.

“3oumalaaa2 isra2iiiiil” c’est pour quand?:angel:
    Fans of Israel need to pick their poison.
    I saw it coming from a mile away;)

Perhaps, but kalam el nes is not restricted to Keserwan/Jbeil, nor is the ministry of defense.
    But those voting for him are from Keserwan/Jbeil...

So in order to become the Minister of Defense, GCR should stand in Fouad Chehab Stadium in Jounieh and tell his voters:
    "ya ahlana fi Keserwan w Jbeil, my main goal is to strenghten the LAF vs the IDF in particular".

Clapping... w la77i2 3a asswat.

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    FPM ers love the military figures, specially the ones that fought with aoun, people talking about him not having enough charisma, maybe yes, but even before he went to retirement he had a huge fan base for the reason mentioned first,so why not capitalize on it ? he is a likable person, a bit lukewarm yes, not fit for politics ? we will see 7 may if that is true, if you ask me GMA is trying to field 2 presidential candidates and not be limited to one gebran bassil, smart move by GMA

Nonan

F
    , if you ask me GMA is trying to field 2 presidential candidates and not be limited to one gebran bassil, smart move by GMA
    I agree with everything you said, but you lost me in this last sentence. Before thinking of the next election, shouldn’t he focus on achieving things in this عهد ?

Since this issue concerns all Lebanese it should be resolved by the Lebanese government.

Never doubt the power of prayers.

I still remember the days i prayed for the things i have now.

I saw it coming from a mile away;)

But those voting for him are from Keserwan/Jbeil...

So in order to become the Minister of Defense, GCR should stand in Fouad Chehab Stadium in Jounieh and tell his voters:
    "ya ahlana fi Keserwan w Jbeil, my main goal is to strenghten the LAF vs the IDF in particular".

Clapping... w la77i2 3a asswat.
    Bit much stereotypes, strawmans, and trolling.
    Lebanese want a minister of defense who takes the Israeli military threat to Lebanon seriously and comes up with viable military solutions against it.

Nonan

I think he can multitask pretty well
    يا خي بtask واحد نشر مخلصين ... seriously though, unless he’s worried he may be passing away soon, October 2021 is still a long way out. He needs achievements and he can’t count on anyone making it easy for him :)

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    يا خي بtask واحد نشر مخلصين ... seriously though, unless he’s worried he may be passing away soon, October 2021 is still a long way out. He needs achievements and he can’t count on anyone making it easy for him :)
    October 2022!!!!!!!!!!!