News General Michel Aoun elected President of the Lebanese Republic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
This is not debatable. You are giving me very lame excuse.

if FPM is clean and decent and have 29 MPs in the parliament then the best course of action is to resign from the parliament and force early elections. This happens in any semi decent country, for example in Italy when the parliament realizes that they have reached a dead end, political groups resign and new elections are held.
Elections will yield the exact same corrupt class, if there is anything this f*(&*ing system does is regenerate itself. I'll go even further, outside of the government and inside of the government no party no matter how squeaky clean it is will be able to do anything, simply because of the system. It is custom made for the corrupt mafia and will spit out any intruder that goes against the mafia.

FPM was outside from 2005 to 2009 woo ma sar shee. It was in it at varying degrees since 2009 woo kamen ma sar shee. You know why, because the mafia was and will always hold more than 67% of the vote and with that all the keys to the government. Look at all the Berri and minister Patek Philippe apologists, both the direct and indirect ones. Without them, do you think Berri would still be there?

Off with that damn system.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The last line of defense of aounists/bassilis is that the political class hates Aoun/Bassil thus they must be good !
This can't be far from the truth.
Historically, the political class used to throw some bones to the Maronite presidents who accept them more or less,
however with Aoun/Bassil they don't accept to be treated as some second class president, for them they are leaders and must take equal shares.
This is the main reason for the mutual hate between them.
This has nothing to do with reforms, and Aoun/Bassil are not reformists.
You can pretty much compare this to mafias fighting each other.
The multiple smoking guns about Aoun/Bassil and recently the Captagone Prince scandal is another clue that they are as corrupt as the rest.
Of course for sheep, having Bassil selling them the right of the christians while he control all the christian rights (like hariri controls the sunni rights, and berri the shia rights, and jombi the druze right) is enough. But this does not fight corruption nor build a country.

The guy had a unique opportunity to do something for the people and he screwed up big time.
The corruption benefit say 20% or 30% of the people at the expense of the remaining 60% or 70%.
If he really made real steps towards fighting corruption he would have had the support of those 60%-70% of the people and in 4 year time he would have built a big momentum and could have made in-depth reform.
But instead he was busy making deals with people he used to accused them of corruption for the last 15 years.

Crying wolf now, will not help.

Steven Gerrard

Orange Room Supporter
Elections will yield the exact same corrupt class, if there is anything this f*(&*ing system does is regenerate itself. I'll go even further, outside of the government and inside of the government no party no matter how squeaky clean it is will be able to do anything, simply because of the system. It is custom made for the corrupt mafia and will spit out any intruder that goes against the mafia.

FPM was outside from 2005 to 2009 woo ma sar shee. It was in it at varying degrees since 2009 woo kamen ma sar shee. You know why, because the mafia was and will always hold more than 67% of the vote and with that all the keys to the government. Look at all the Berri and minister Patek Philippe apologists, both the direct and indirect ones. Without them, do you think Berri would still be there?

Off with that damn system.

za8r99scmn3l.gif

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
The last line of defense of aounists/bassilis is that the political class hates Aoun/Bassil thus they must be good !
Historically, the political class used to throw some bones to the Maronite presidents who accept them more or less,
however with Aoun/Bassil they don't accept to be treated as some second class president, for them they are leaders and must take equal shares.
The multiple smoking guns about Aoun/Bassil and recently the Captagone Prince scandal is another clue that they are as corrupt as the rest.
Of course for sheep, having Bassil selling them the right of the christians while he control all the christian rights (like hariri controls the sunni rights, and berri the shia rights, and jombi the druze right) is enough. But this does not fight corruption nor build a country.

The guy had a unique opportunity to do something for the people and he screwed up big time.
The corruption benefit say 20% or 30% of the people at the expense of the remaining 60% or 70%.
If he really made real steps towards fighting corruption he would have had the support of those 60%-70% of the people and in 4 year time he would have built a big momentum and could have made in-depth reform.
But instead he was busy making deals with people he used to accused them of corruption for the last 15 years.

Those 60%-70% are a figment of your imagination, sorry. They don't exist, regardless of what you think of GMA or Bassil or FPM. They're the ones who brought and will keep on bringing the Hariris, Berris, Jumblatts, Frangieh, Geageas, Gemayels, Aouns and Bassils back to power (The last 2 additions are la 3yoonak)
Even if FPM was squeaky clean, they would not have been able to do a thing. Any squeaky clean politician will be rejected by those 60%-70% like an invading pathogen.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
LF were jumping the opportunity to resign. I'm sure they would if FPM does.
mitl 2illita. Their resignation (probably along with FPMs) is the equivalent of If a tree falls and no one hears it, does it make a sound. Unless there's some kind of dramatic shift in political preferences (there's no evidence of this).

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member
tab ya khaye mazel metlo metlon leh ma bi ti2ou?? leh khaye l kel bi 7ebb ba3do w bi dobb 3a ba3do bas l 3ars gebran ma 7ada bi ti2o men kel hal taba2a? mazelon metlon!
It’s very simple, people in general they don’t make big deal about prostitutes, but they hate the guts of the one who preaches about decency. That’s why they hate Gebran. ;)

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member

He was corrupt way before many of the current political class. The ethical leader won‘t save donations in his personal family bank accounts. He did that 30 years ago. You were blinded at a certain point of time. ?

Ashrafieh LF

cause he didn't kill anyone's father. look, this is how it goes.

• ja3ja3 killed franjieh's father, mother and sister, and now franjieh and ja3ja3 are best friends to face the evil bassil.
  • in hariri's perspective, HA killed his father, but he is will to form a government with them, but not with bassil.
  • assad killed jumblat's father, but it was ok, he fought side by side with them against general michel aoun.
  • ja3ja3 killed tracy's father and brothers, and now she is in the same line with him against the president.
  • etc...

the conclusion is rather obvious, if GMA and Gebran Bassil want to succeed in Lebanese politics, they have to massacre someone's family, that is apparently guaranteed to gain them a new wave of popular support and political alliances, along with a new found respect in the eyes of the revolutionaries and many forum members, it seems.

والله أعلم
Lol! You’ve been repeating the same lies that Aoun brainwashed you with for 30 years! You make me laugh!
حرام الهبل لوين وصلكم! ا

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
It’s very simple, people in general they don’t make big deal about prostitutes, but they hate the guts of the one who preaches about decency. That’s why they hate Gebran. ;)
Ya3ne l chabeb bas maz3oujin eno bi oul 3an 7alo edame? Mich edrin yohodmouwa? Bas geagea kamen bi oul 3an 7alo edame w wouzara2o awedim, leh ma ktir byetdeya2o menno?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Those 60%-70% are a figment of your imagination, sorry. They don't exist, regardless of what you think of GMA or Bassil or FPM. They're the ones who brought and will keep on bringing the Hariris, Berris, Jumblatts, Frangieh, Geageas, Gemayels, Aouns and Bassils back to power (The last 2 additions are la 3yoonak)
Even if FPM was squeaky clean, they would not have been able to do a thing. Any squeaky clean politician will be rejected by those 60%-70% like an invading pathogen.
Sorry thus is BS
This is simply a reply from someone who has no more valid arguments.
When he returned in 2005 he won in a landslide because those 70% believed in him.
4 years ago there were a sense of widespread optimism when he was elected.
Had he started to show serious in fighting corruption he would have gathered lots of support.
But when smells of deals and corruption started be sensed people say he is like the other, let's stay with the traditional za3im because at the end they need to continue living.
He and his toubawi son-in-law are corrupt to the teeth.

Sorry thus is BS
When he returned in 2005 he won in a landslide because those 70% believed in him.
Had he started to show serious in fighting corruption he would have gathered lots of support.
But when smells of deals and corruption started be sensed people say he is like the other, let's stay with the traditional za3im because at the end they need to continue living.
No they are not corrupt. But when he came in 2005 people like you to preferred Lahoud over Aoun then elected HA rather Aoun in 2006 being so scared of the Christians come back.
Then now you are not doing anything against Hariri nor talk Syrian refugees.

I don’t give a damn, you will end up beggars in the streets as no one will give you any money so all your plans are now evaporated.

I wish Aoun resigns and declares partition. Good luck with your Lebanon and god luck with ours.

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
Sorry thus is BS
Rayyis, 70% of the Christians voted for him, which is less than 20% of the population

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
Rayyis, 70% of the Christians voted for him, which is less than 20% of the population
I have been reading your replies for some time now, I wanted to salute your on point replies all the while being calm and logical. You are an example to how aounists should answer and debate. Yaret I could contain myself like you do.

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
I have been reading your replies for some time now, I wanted to salute your on point replies all the while being calm and logical. You are an example to how aounists should answer and debate. Yaret I could contain myself like you do.
Thank you my friend, appreciate it :). I'm not always calm to be honest, but I try to be as respectful as I can. I try to convince myself, that in the end, all of us want a better country, but have different ways of getting there. Even though I know that's not always the case.