• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

News General Michel Aoun elected President of the Lebanese Republic

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No they are not corrupt. But when he came in 2005 people like you to preferred Lahoud over Aoun then elected HA rather Aoun in 2006 being so scared of the Christians come back.
Then now you are not doing anything against Hariri nor talk Syrian refugees.

I don’t give a damn, you will end up beggars in the streets as no one will give you any money so all your plans are now evaporated.

I wish Aoun resigns and declares partition. Good luck with your Lebanon and god luck with ours.
Dude you joined in 2018 while I am in the forum since its beginning in 2005, so clearly you know nothing about me, so no need to reply to you more than that on this topic.
As for the resignation, only blind people like you thinks Aoun mhada 3amoud el sama, whether he resigns or not, I don't care clearly his presence or not does not make any difference

Last edited:

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Rayyis, 70% of the Christians voted for him, which is less than 20% of the population

I know that, and sorry for not being accurate in my statement but I guess everyone knew what I meant.
However you are not making any valid argument, in here.
He didn't make any serious move to fight corruption.
he unleashed his thugs monitoring people on Facebook.
Halak sama rabna enno he is the reformist and he is Charles DEGAULES of Lebanon and all this BS
At the end, after 4 years of his terms the situation of lebanon was never that dire because of this self serving management.
He didn't do anything of what he was pretending while he was in Rabieh.

Finally sheep will always be sheep, there will be people who will keep supporting him as there are who support Amine El Gemayel, Michel El Murr, Hariri etc etc...
Many like me were so naive to believe that he was different than the others, because he told us stuff we wanted to hear.
but the end result is crystal clear, he is a failure and a corrupt as the rest of the political class.

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
I know that, and sorry for not being accurate in my statement but I guess everyone knew what I meant.
However you are not making any valid argument, in here.
He didn't make any serious move to fight corruption.
he unleashed his thugs monitoring people on Facebook.
Halak sama rabna enno he is the reformist and he is Charles DEGAULES of Lebanon and all this BS
At the end, after 4 years of his terms the situation of lebanon was never that dire because of this self serving management.
He didn't do anything of what he was pretending while he was in Rabieh.

Finally sheep will always be sheep, there will be people who will keep supporting him as there are who support Amine El Gemayel, Michel El Murr, Hariri etc etc...
Many like me were so naive to believe that he was different than the others, because he told us stuff we wanted to hear.
but the end result is crystal clear, he is a failure and a corrupt as the rest of the political class.
I wasn't trying to make an argument, I was replying to what you said. I know that whatever I tell you, you're gonna call me a sheep and brainwashed and whatever, so why bother?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I wasn't trying to make an argument, I was replying to what you said. I know that whatever I tell you, you're gonna call me a sheep and brainwashed and whatever, so why bother?
I was not targeting you specifically but this mindset in general and I enumerated others who have the same mindset.
Nothing personal.
At last don't bother, nothing deserves, if you are in Lebanon try to survive and be safe and if you are abroad enjoy it because millions are envying you.
The only response to people like me who do not have any personal interest and seek only Lebanon's interest, is to show actions and not words.
There is an expression that I like a lot (I don't know who said it)
"people MIGHT believe what you say, but WILL believe what you do"
Your za3im still has 2 years i hope he tries to salvage what is left

Last edited:

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
Sorry thus is BS
This is simply a reply from someone who has no more valid arguments.
When he returned in 2005 he won in a landslide because those 70% believed in him.
4 years ago there were a sense of widespread optimism when he was elected.
Had he started to show serious in fighting corruption he would have gathered lots of support.
But when smells of deals and corruption started be sensed people say he is like the other, let's stay with the traditional za3im because at the end they need to continue living.
He and his toubawi son-in-law are corrupt to the teeth.
What in God's name are you talking about? You totally missed the point I was making and true to form lately launched into a tirade about Aoun and Bassil. They are irrelevant to anything I said. 60%-70% of the Lebanese population (Christians and others) do not vote based on cleanliness, in fact they will much more often vote against it. The system el khara will make sure the ruling mafia is regenerated no matter what. With or without Bassil or Aoun.

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
Ya sharmou... the DUO are the one asking to name the minister...please address them...bas shater 3ala GB..

توجه النائب السابق بطرس حرب إلى تكتل "لبنان القوي" قائلا: "لأ، يا تكتل لبنان القوي، ليس من اختصاصكم تسمية الوزراء، لأن ذلك يعود إلى رئيسي الجمهورية والحكومة، وإذا كنتم، ورئيسكم آنذاك، تعتدون على هذه الصلاحيات قبل انتخابه رئيسا، فيجب عليكم على الأقل المحافظة عليها في عهد ميشال عون. صلاحيتكم تنحصر في إعطاء الثقة أو حجبها. احترنا معكم".

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
Alloushes would be very happy to spread harmony among the Maruns and make them come closer together.
We want a proper economy and at least a semi functioning state
Not being in harmony with Maruns and our historical backers (the west) has never been a problem for us if for a good cause
How about you?

agnostic

Legendary Member
Not being in harmony with Maruns and our historical backers (the west) has never been a problem for us if for a good cause
How about you?

Sorry my English is not very good. And I am not sure having understood your question above specially if it doesn't address my post that you quoted about Alloushes spreading harmony between Sheikh Butros Harb and Ma3ali Gbebran Bassil.

How about you?

the alloushes and maruns also had a good history together.

but yes good economy and a decent state is the minimum

agnostic

Legendary Member
In a sectarian regime, it is obvious that when one sect has the majority of power (like during the pre Taef era) there is less corruption than when sects have Mo7asasa like between apes, ya3ner sects and their leaders byenzalo nahsh belbalad lamma yettef2o w bydammro 'l balad lamma ye5telfo.

IMHO there is no salvation for Lebanon under a sectarian regime.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What in God's name are you talking about? You totally missed the point I was making and true to form lately launched into a tirade about Aoun and Bassil. They are irrelevant to anything I said. 60%-70% of the Lebanese population (Christians and others) do not vote based on cleanliness, in fact they will much more often vote against it. The system el khara will make sure the ruling mafia is regenerated no matter what. With or without Bassil or Aoun.

No I am not.
While I agree with you that people are not completely innocent in this matter, however they seek a leader to help them reach a better place.
My proof for that is that when Aoun returned, most of the christians already have been under the "protection" of some za3im, like Michel el Murr and others and they were benefiting from their "services" however when Aoun returned with his change and reform speech , they left the traditional zo3ama and followed him...
Eventually as time passes, everyone discovered slowly but surely that those slogans are only empty words, with zero seriousness to implement any of them.
Of course if you listen to bassil you will think he will do miracles (isa khallou) and you will go to cyprus in undersea train, like the eurostar.
He will tell you everything you want to hear...

Bottom line, people need a leader and unfortunately we have samasra, min Aoun w bel nezel

Joe Lebanon

Why don't yo tell us your version of the story? Start from the beginning...
First of all we all know that Geagea was hit in the attack on Frangieh way before they got to Zgharta and did not make it to Tony’s house. So claiming that he killed him and his family is a lie.

Second, even in the days of the Syrian occupation and Adnan Addoum’s kangaroo courts, he was acquitted of killing Dany Chamoun. So there’s your second lie. The killer of Chamoun was Elie Hobeika who Aoun called a martyr.
Ghayro?

Ralph N

First of all we all know that Geagea was hit in the attack on Frangieh way before they got to Zgharta and did not make it to Tony’s house. So claiming that he killed him and his family is a lie.

Second, even in the days of the Syrian occupation and Adnan Addoum’s kangaroo courts, he was acquitted of killing Dany Chamoun. So there’s your second lie. The killer of Chamoun was Elie Hobeika who Aoun called a martyr.
Ghayro?

He was there, they said he got shot so that they fool frangier.. But in reality he was there, he called Tony to go out, tony got afraid, geagea said if you dont come out a massacre will happen, tony didnt ... they went inside and did the massacre...

Tayyar9

Legendary Member

Ghayro?
Habibe stop spreading lies. He was not acquitted from killing Dany at all. He was found guilty. He was acquitted from blowing up the church. Check your facts before spreading them. If he is innocent he can call for a re-trial.
As for Frangieh, he is was the head of the operation, everybody knows he didn't kill him and that he was shot beforehand, but he was the head of the operation, so he ordered those killings (with Bachir).