• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

News General Michel Aoun elected President of the Lebanese Republic

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
No I am not.
While I agree with you that people are not completely innocent in this matter, however they seek a leader to help them reach a better place.
My proof for that is that when Aoun returned, most of the christians already have been under the "protection" of some za3im, like Michel el Murr and others and they were benefiting from their "services" however when Aoun returned with his change and reform speech , they left the traditional zo3ama and followed him...
Eventually as time passes, everyone discovered slowly but surely that those slogans are only empty words, with zero seriousness to implement any of them.
Of course if you listen to bassil you will think he will do miracles (isa khallou) and you will go to cyprus in undersea train, like the eurostar.
He will tell you everything you want to hear...

Bottom line, people need a leader and unfortunately we have samasra, min Aoun w bel nezel
Again, your reasoning is flawed. Those 70% of the Christians that voted for Aoun in 2005 did not leave anyone, they were not with those traditional zou3ama from the offset. Just go back and check the Christian voters in the elections, it was around 10% during the Syrian occupation. So it's not like the Christians had a za3im and when they saw someone clean, they left their za3im to go with Aoun. Those who were with the za3im are still with him as long as he provides services. And that goes for all the sects.
Most of the population is corrupt and all they care about is themselves. And the Politicians are a representation of this population, plain and simple.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
First of all we all know that Geagea was hit in the attack on Frangieh way before they got to Zgharta and did not make it to Tony’s house. So claiming that he killed him and his family is a lie.

Second, even in the days of the Syrian occupation and Adnan Addoum’s kangaroo courts, he was acquitted of killing Dany Chamoun. So there’s your second lie. The killer of Chamoun was Elie Hobeika who Aoun called a martyr.
Ghayro?
here’s some bleach to help you in your tremendous whitewashing efforts

i picked this one specifically to help you with your moldy story :D

Last edited:

Ralph N

Habibe stop spreading lies. He was not acquitted from killing Dany at all. He was found guilty. He was acquitted from blowing up the church. Check your facts before spreading them. If he is innocent he can call for a re-trial.
As for Frangieh, he is was the head of the operation, everybody knows he didn't kill him and that he was shot beforehand, but he was the head of the operation, so he ordered those killings (with Bachir).
He was there... he was there... its forbidden now to say he was there but there was a time when geageaists would brag about how Geagea called for tony and tony was afraid of going out... there is proof too..

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
First of all we all know that Geagea was hit in the attack on Frangieh way before they got to Zgharta and did not make it to Tony’s house. So claiming that he killed him and his family is a lie.

Second, even in the days of the Syrian occupation and Adnan Addoum’s kangaroo courts, he was acquitted of killing Dany Chamoun. So there’s your second lie. The killer of Chamoun was Elie Hobeika who Aoun called a martyr.
Ghayro?
In other words, he had every intention of carrying out the killings himself, bass ma khallou. :cigar:

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
No I am not.
While I agree with you that people are not completely innocent in this matter, however they seek a leader to help them reach a better place.
My proof for that is that when Aoun returned, most of the christians already have been under the "protection" of some za3im, like Michel el Murr and others and they were benefiting from their "services" however when Aoun returned with his change and reform speech , they left the traditional zo3ama and followed him...
Eventually as time passes, everyone discovered slowly but surely that those slogans are only empty words, with zero seriousness to implement any of them.
Of course if you listen to bassil you will think he will do miracles (isa khallou) and you will go to cyprus in undersea train, like the eurostar.
He will tell you everything you want to hear...

Bottom line, people need a leader and unfortunately we have samasra, min Aoun w bel nezel
Those leaders are a reflection of the people under that system. It is those 2 combined that get us those masater. It has nothing to do with cleanliness and everything to do with sects. Fouad Chehab would have been eaten alive under Taef.

Negative

What in God's name are you talking about? You totally missed the point I was making and true to form lately launched into a tirade about Aoun and Bassil. They are irrelevant to anything I said. 60%-70% of the Lebanese population (Christians and others) do not vote based on cleanliness, in fact they will much more often vote against it. The system el khara will make sure the ruling mafia is regenerated no matter what. With or without Bassil or Aoun.
A thing you must take into account that most of those 60-70 % don't believe that any of the politicians are clean, so they choose the [dirty] one who benefits them over the other [dirty] one.

Joe Lebanon

He was there... he was there... its forbidden now to say he was there but there was a time when geageaists would brag about how Geagea called for tony and tony was afraid of going out... there is proof too..
You guys are hopelessly brainwashed. That’s why most former FPM’ers with half a brain have left. You’re left with the bottom of the barrel in terms of IQ. Hate to break it to you but Aoun and your friends HA have far more blood on their hands. Enjoy your alternate universe!

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Again, your reasoning is flawed. Those 70% of the Christians that voted for Aoun in 2005 did not leave anyone, they were not with those traditional zou3ama from the offset. Just go back and check the Christian voters in the elections, it was around 10% during the Syrian occupation. So it's not like the Christians had a za3im and when they saw someone clean, they left their za3im to go with Aoun. Those who were with the za3im are still with him as long as he provides services. And that goes for all the sects.
Most of the population is corrupt and all they care about is themselves. And the Politicians are a representation of this population, plain and simple.

Those leaders are a reflection of the people under that system. It is those 2 combined that get us those masater. It has nothing to do with cleanliness and everything to do with sects. Fouad Chehab would have been eaten alive under Taef.

Dudes what you are trying to do is to CLEAN Aoun of any wrongdoing and throw it on the people.
While I agree with you that "el 3alam ekhwet sh*rm*ut* el ba3id" (Film Ameriki Tawil, Ziad Rahbani), but without a good shepherd there will be no guidance to the promised land.
People need a leader, a strong leader that help them become better.
We (myself included) thought that Aoun was that leader, it turned out he is just like another semsar trying to bring his son-in-law into state position.
I am not happy to say that after I spent 27 years (from 1988 til 2015) of my life supporting him, but at one time I need to look at the reality as it is and no matter how hard and ugly it is.
So throwing everything on people to clean your za3im is old trick that is not gonna work.
عند الإمتحان يكرم المرء او يهان
He had lot's of occasions and he screwed them all.
If you refuse to see the reality, it does not make it any better.

Last edited:

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
Dudes what you are trying to do is to CLEAN Aoun of any problem and throw it on the people.
While I agree with you that "el 3alam ekhwet sh*rm*ut* el ba3id" (Film Ameriki Tawil, Ziad Rahbani), but without a good shepherd there will be no guidance to the promised land.
People needs a leader, a strong leader that help them become better.
We (myself included) thought that Aoun was that leader, it turned out he is just like another semsar trying to bring his son-in-law into position.
I am not happy to say that after I spent 27 years (from 1988 til 2015) of life supporting him, but at one time I need to look at the reality as it is and no matter how hard and ugly it is.
So throwing everything on people to clean your za3im is old trick that is not gonna work.
عند الإمتحان يكرم المرء او يوهان
If you refuse to see the reality, it does not make any better.
Dude, I could care less about proving anything about Aoun, whether he's clean or not is very irrelevant to me. You want to have a discussion about that there are a lot that would indulge you on this forum.

For me, I am looking retrospectively at everything and I reached the same conclusion Ziad reach so many years ago, with one addition that the system (Taef) applied to this kind of people is disastrous. Aoun is not more than a symptom and you can argue how bad the symptom is but he is not the disease. The disease is system + people that keep coming up with Hariri, Jumblatt, Berri, Frangieh, Aoun, Bassil, Nasrallah, etc.

To be honest, I think all people are flawed whether Lebanon France the US or Timbuktu. As much as we Lebanese like to think we are special and "descendant de la cuisse de Jupiter" we are not. The real difference is the system. You have to put a system that doesn't overlook the flaw of the electorate but to fully acknowledge its existence and steer the votes towards the greater good of the masses in spite of the flaw. Anything other than that is an ostrich approach that would always end up in a disaster: secularism applied to sectarian people, pitting sects against each other. All these are disasters waiting to happen and will yield the same crappy results.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
You guys are hopelessly brainwashed. That’s why most former FPM’ers with half a brain have left. You’re left with the bottom of the barrel in terms of IQ. Hate to break it to you but Aoun and your friends HA have far more blood on their hands. Enjoy your alternate universe!
even if you think geagea was not there in person to pull the trigger, you are left with the inescapable fact that he was on his way with a bunch of thugs of a similar mind to massacre frangieh's family. that's all one need to know to realize how evil these people are.

and you still want to be in that mix? fine, that makes you one of them; after all it takes more than one person to carry out these massacres, and many of them were not all that different from you, look for the nuances to validate their choices.

but in all cases, i strongly advise to stop mentioning brainwashing and IQ.

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
Dudes what you are trying to do is to CLEAN Aoun of any wrongdoing and throw it on the people.
People need a leader, a strong leader that help them become better.
We (myself included) thought that Aoun was that leader, it turned out he is just like another semsar trying to bring his son-in-law into state position.
I am not happy to say that after I spent 27 years (from 1988 til 2015) of my life supporting him, but at one time I need to look at the reality as it is and no matter how hard and ugly it is.
عند الإمتحان يكرم المرء او يهان
If you refuse to see the reality, it does not make it any better.
Not once in my post did I say anything about Aoun. I was answering your take that people will move away from the za3im if someone good comes along, and you gave Aoun as an example. I just answered you that that's not the case.

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Actually, the reason why Bashir chose Geagea to carry the attack is because he expected Geagea would kill the Frangieh family

Had Habib Chartouni only killed Bachir, I would have considered him a hero. But he also killed innocent people.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

These are the inner circle of Mr. Aoun, shi byerfa3 el ras.
Mar7aba mou7arabet el fasad

agnostic

Legendary Member
Ou
Yalla take them to court... ya reit they start there instead of TV.
Judicially TV is enough. It is indeed an 2ikhbar. But our ugly Minister of justice doesn't care about Lebanon's interests and fighting corruption but only about bootlicking of her Master the Safiha.

agnostic

Legendary Member
Salem Zahran once said on TV that many FPM ministers paid millions of USD to become ministers. I don't remember the amounts of USD but I won't be surprised if some were 8 digit numbers.