News General Michel Aoun elected President of the Lebanese Republic

Aegon

I am speaking politics now and disregarding my own (negative) opinion about him.
If this guy does not have something under his sleeve, his speech means that he lost the battle.
unless he has some commitment from HA for example to force Hariri to comply or leave, he is finished.
No matter how Charbek Khalil ba3ba3 in his tweets
HA does not want Aoun to get veto power either. And for some reason Russia does not either. Russia is now getting involved and it seems they are trying to figure out how to convince Aoun to drop his demand of veto power. They asked HA to try to convince its ally to compromise which Mohhamed Raad said yes they will speak to Aoun.

Achilles

We should only be working towards advanced federalism or partition.
I agree that Federalism is the only solution for this country. Most prosperous and successful countries in the world are federal states. Some federal states like St Kitts and Nevis are smaller than the Kesserwan district, so size is not an issue. Unfortunately Bassil seems to have rejected this idea. A federal Lebanon should be the first topic on Christians parties list.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I am speaking politics now and disregarding my own (negative) opinion about him.
If this guy does not have something under his sleeve, his speech means that he lost the battle.
unless he has some commitment from HA for example to force Hariri to comply or leave, he is finished.
No matter how Charbek Khalil ba3ba3 in his tweets
Why do you think that? He told him come and we form the cabinet together or leave. The other responded that he doesn’t want to leave unless Aoun leaves... either they get to an agreement (which you will not like by default) or the status quo remains... until something else breaks the ice. Wala Aoun Kholis Wala hariri intaha... this is lebanese politics...

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
HA does not want Aoun to get veto power either. And for some reason Russia does not either. Russia is now getting involved and it seems they are trying to figure out how to convince Aoun to drop his demand of veto power. They asked HA to try to convince its ally to compromise which Mohhamed Raad said yes they will speak to Aoun.
HA should go f. Themselves. So long as they insist on the MoF for Berri/a Shiite, they don’t get to talk.

Viral

Here is the list that GMA must surrender to Israel in order for the International community to stop protecting and supporting the local mafia which is starving the people with aiming at dismantling GMA's Presidency.

Only the people's awareness can save them by supporting the President who's their only shield...

The point is not to surrender to Israel. They have already won by providing electricity 24/24, vaccinating all their population, making peace with Arab countrie, going after space exploration and frankly bringing a lot of innovation to the world. Worldwide countries respect Israel because they offer to the world much more than what they take.
Lebanon lost everything, we don’t even have electricity and our water is polluted. The average salary is half the one in Sri Lanka.
We need URGENT peace with Israel, Syria and Iran - we need to be able to negotiate with these countries for our own interest not the ones of foreigners.

the current people in power are traitors to the nation who must be removed and judged because they took Lebanon to the abyss.
So please don’t talk about surrending to Israel but rather surrendering to the local mafia who will now sell us for any thing.

partition now

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Why do you think that? He told him come and we form the cabinet together or leave. The other responded that he doesn’t want to leave unless Aoun leaves... either they get to an agreement (which you will not like by default) or the status quo remains... until something else breaks the ice. Wala Aoun Kholis Wala hariri intaha... this is lebanese politics...
usually when someone in high position goes public like that, it means one of 2 things:
1- he is warning the other party that he is going to do something, and letting the public know so he does not get blamed for it
2- or he is unable to solve the situation and indirectly letting the public know
that's why I said if he is not getting help from HA it is going to be the 2nd option

This speech has reminded me of when he said to geagea "إن ربحت سلمت وإن خسرت سلمت" while the sentence is very sound and very true, and the other a$$h*le had no future either way, Aoun was sending a message to his followers that he is unable to win the war against LF, ...

Anyway supposedly happens what you said, what do you expect from such a gov, where the president and the PM hate each other that much?
The only solution that can gives people any hope, is that Hariri leaves in one way or the other, and probably helping him save the face.
the President can't leave because the PM is at odds with him, this is not constitutional...
Otherwise, if the stalemate persists it is all going against AOUN

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
usually when someone in high position goes public like that, it means one of 2 things:
1- he is warning the other party that he is going to do something, and letting the public know so he does not get blamed for it
2- or he is unable to solve the situation and indirectly letting the public know
that's why I said if he is not getting help from HA it is going to be the 2nd option

This speech has reminded me of when he said to geagea "إن ربحت سلمت وإن خسرت سلمت" while the sentence is very sound and very true, and the other a$$h*le had no future either way, Aoun was sending a message to his followers that he is unable to win the war against LF, ...

Anyway supposedly happens what you said, what do you expect from such a gov, where the president and the PM hate each other that much?
The only solution that can gives people any hope, is that Hariri leaves in one way or the other, and probably helping him save the face.
the President can't leave because the PM is at odds with him, this is not constitutional...
Otherwise, if the stalemate persists it is all going against AOUN
Agree, personally I don’t see what GMA could have to do anything, it’s a question of wether or not any regional or global power has put its foot down... the stalemate goes against the people, this ahed propaganda is just that...

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
لفت مستشار رئيس الحكومة المكلف سعد الحريري، النائب السابق مصطفى علوش في حديث إذاعي إلى ان "البيان الذي صدر عن الحريري اكد انه لن يكون هناك اعتذار وهو منفتح على مناقشة التشكيلة الوزارية التي سبق وطرحها".

وأكد ان "الحريري سيزور بعبدا اليوم ولن يكون هناك اعتذار عن تأليف الحكومة"، لافتا إلى انه "في حال استقالة رئيس الجمهورية يصبح الرئيس المكلف حكماً معتذِراً، مشدداً على ان مجلس النواب هو المرجعية".

It seems Hariri is going to Baabda today according to Alloush
So if nothing positive happens, it means that Hariri is only maneuvering and dodging the bullet sent by Aoun, by showing to the public that he went to him but Aoun does not want to facilitate the gov.
I think it is all "tazeki" from both sides to win the public opinion
I am not optimistic

Achilles

لفت مستشار رئيس الحكومة المكلف سعد الحريري، النائب السابق مصطفى علوش في حديث إذاعي إلى ان "البيان الذي صدر عن الحريري اكد انه لن يكون هناك اعتذار وهو منفتح على مناقشة التشكيلة الوزارية التي سبق وطرحها".

وأكد ان "الحريري سيزور بعبدا اليوم ولن يكون هناك اعتذار عن تأليف الحكومة"، لافتا إلى انه "في حال استقالة رئيس الجمهورية يصبح الرئيس المكلف حكماً معتذِراً، مشدداً على ان مجلس النواب هو المرجعية".

So if nothing positive happens, it means that Hariri is only maneuvering and dodging the bullet sent by Aoun, by showing to the public that he went to him but Aoun does not want to facilitate the gov.
I am not optimistic

yes it’s all tazeki, unless the yesterday speech was All already planned in accordance with Hariri, under international pressures, and an agreement will magically appear today, which is not Impossible but very unlikely, I still think that nothing new will happen today. I am Afraid of security issues and a situation than will finally looks like the 1989-1990...

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
yes it’s all tazeki, unless the yesterday speech was All already planned in accordance with Hariri, under international pressures, and an agreement will magically appear today, which is not Impossible but very unlikely, I still think that nothing new will happen today. I am Afraid of security issues and a situation than will finally looks like the 1989-1990...

most probably nothing will happen, it is obvious from the tone

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

I am not optimistic
I hope whatever happens, that the proposed government by Hariri will be made public, names and if no names who is naming them ...

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
قال رئيس الحكومة المكلف في تصريح له بعد لقاء رئيس الجمهورية في قصر بعبدا: "استمعت الى رئيس الجمهورية واتفقنا على لقاء ثانِ الاثنين المقبل وسيكون هناك بعض الاجوبة الاساسية لكيفية الوصول الى حكومة منتجة".

وأكد الحريري في تصريحه على أنه "يجب إعادة الثقة لدى المجتمع الدولي، والوضع الاقتصادي لا يبرّر هذا الارتفاع لسعر الليرة، إنما غياب الأفق والهدف الاساسي من هذه الحكومة التي ستشكل هو وقف كل هذا الانهيار لليرة".

وتابع قائلاً: "تحدثت مع الرئيس بتطلعاتي للحكومة من 18 شخصاً مستقلين لانتشال البلد من الازمة"

وختم الحريري: "الاجتماع اليوم للتخفيف من الاصطدام وتهدئة الامور وسأبقى صريحاً والآن هناك فرصة يجب الاستفادة منها".

وأفادت الـ"ان بي ان" أن الحريري حمل الى الرئيس عون تشكيلته السابقة لكنه منفتح للنقاش في كل الافكار ما عدا تخطي الـ18 وزيرا، مقابل تمسك الرئيس عون بحقه في تسمية الوزراء، وترقب بيان من رئاسة الجمهورية خلال دقائق. وأضافت أن الحريري مستعد للنقاش وللتعديل في أسماء الوزراء ايضا لا سيما لحقيبة الداخلية بالتشاور مع الرئيس عون.

This smells like everyone is trying to show that he is collaborating while trying to throw the accusation of disruption on the other

Last edited:

JB81

Legendary Member
قال رئيس الحكومة المكلف في تصريح له بعد لقاء رئيس الجمهورية في قصر بعبدا: "استمعت الى رئيس الجمهورية واتفقنا على لقاء ثانِ الاثنين المقبل وسيكون هناك بعض الاجوبة الاساسية لكيفية الوصول الى حكومة منتجة".

وأكد الحريري في تصريحه على أنه "يجب إعادة الثقة لدى المجتمع الدولي، والوضع الاقتصادي لا يبرّر هذا الارتفاع لسعر الليرة، إنما غياب الأفق والهدف الاساسي من هذه الحكومة التي ستشكل هو وقف كل هذا الانهيار لليرة".

وتابع قائلاً: "تحدثت مع الرئيس بتطلعاتي للحكومة من 18 شخصاً مستقلين لانتشال البلد من الازمة"

وختم الحريري: "الاجتماع اليوم للتخفيف من الاصطدام وتهدئة الامور وسأبقى صريحاً والآن هناك فرصة يجب الاستفادة منها".

وأفادت الـ"ان بي ان" أن الحريري حمل الى الرئيس عون تشكيلته السابقة لكنه منفتح للنقاش في كل الافكار ما عدا تخطي الـ18 وزيرا، مقابل تمسك الرئيس عون بحقه في تسمية الوزراء، وترقب بيان من رئاسة الجمهورية خلال دقائق. وأضافت أن الحريري مستعد للنقاش وللتعديل في أسماء الوزراء ايضا لا سيما لحقيبة الداخلية بالتشاور مع الرئيس عون.

This smells like everyone is trying to show that he is collaborating while trying to throw the accusation of disruption on the other

Why insisting on 18 ministers? Why not 14 or 16, 20 or 22?

Did someone ask Hariri?

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Why insisting on 18 ministers? Why not 14 or 16, 20 or 22?

Did someone ask Hariri?
14, 16, 20 and 22 cannot be divided by 3 (shi3a, sunna, masi7iyyon) cannot be divided by 18 (3adad el tawa2ef fi loubnan) cannot be divided by 6 (the number of day God took to create the world) and cannot be divided by 9 ( the number of universal love, eternity and faith).
Kell shi bi lebnen madrous ma fi shi hek 3al tefsheni