• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

News General Michel Aoun elected President of the Lebanese Republic

Genius

Legendary Member
This is where the irony lies - these same corrupted figures who have been stealing the hell out of us for decades and drove us to this mad situation, were strongly supported and backed by the West/US for years.

I do not disagree. However, some politicans and movements were friendlier with the western nations and international communities, and did not align with the iranian Syrian axis during the worst soft war on iran and sanctions.
This strategy is a unforgiving mistake that resulted in a high cost to aoun and the country

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
History will judge him extremely harshly. Failed wars. Failed Presidency. Worst economic crisis in Lebanon's history. Worst explosion in Lebanon's history. Most disrespected President in Lebanon's history. He tried his best but he's too inept, too self-conceited, lacks the cunning to survive in the Lebanese jungle, one of worst decision maker of all time, has no business running a sweatshop let alone a political party or worse a country.

FPM is done and dusted, it will survive the coming elections but surely not the one after that. Patriotic Christians should learn from the FPM experience, extract lessons from it and build on it.

Michel Aoun is still alive physically, but politically he's dead as Moses. RIP.

A sad end to a once-promising man.

RIP @SeaAb @JB81 @Joe tayyar

elias-aj

Legendary Member
History will judge him extremely harshly. Failed wars. Failed Presidency. Worst economic crisis in Lebanon's history. Worst explosion in Lebanon's history. Most disrespected President in Lebanon's history. He tried his best but he's too inept, too self-conceited, lacks the cunning to survive in the Lebanese jungle, one of worst decision maker of all time, has no business running a sweatshop let alone a political party or worse a country.

FPM is done and dusted, it will survive the coming elections but surely not the one after that. Patriotic Christians should learn from the FPM experience, extract lessons from it and build on it.

Michel Aoun is still alive physically, but politically he's dead as Moses. RIP.

Did he f*** your wife or something ? Sorry, I’m a mentally deficient « aounie » (or something like that) and I need to be enlightened by those consanguineous LFer.

The_FPMer

Did he f*** your wife or something ? Sorry, I’m a mentally deficient « aounie » (or something like that) and I need to be enlightened by those consanguineous LFer.
You're living in the wrong decade ya lello. The days when you can accuse anyone who has a different opinion of your one true god of being an LFer and probably be right more than half the time are long gone. If you think what I said was wrong, point it out.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You're living in the wrong decade ya lello. The days when you can accuse anyone who has a different opinion of your one true god of being an LFer and probably be right more than half the time are long gone. If you think what I said was wrong, point it out.
Different opinion is one thing, childish bashing others is another... promote your party, instead of bashing others... something you can learn as you grow up :)

The_FPMer

Different opinion is one thing, childish bashing others is another... promote your party, instead of bashing others... something you can learn as you grow up :)
Mate you keep bringing up the age thing as if you being decades older than me implies you're smarter or more knowledgeable or more clearheaded. You're the guy who couldn't figure out that the Lebanese economy was collapsing and kept insisting that's just capitalism at work. You didn't miss the forest for the trees, you missed the forest for the small bug hanging on a tiny leaf.

I don't support any party. Even the thawra folks are as incompetent as FPM. If you have something valuable, write counter-arguments instead of inane posts. Tell me how is PMA a great strategic thinker and great decision maker by allying with. Tell me how great was his kamikaze Liberation War that brought the Christians to their knees etc.

snacker23

Mate you keep bringing up the age thing as if you being decades older than me implies you're smarter or more knowledgeable or more clearheaded. You're the guy who couldn't figure out that the Lebanese economy was collapsing and kept insisting that's just capitalism at work. You didn't miss the forest for the trees, you missed the forest for the small bug hanging on a tiny leaf.

I don't support any party. Even the thawra folks are as incompetent as FPM. If you have something valuable, write counter-arguments instead of inane posts. Tell me how is PMA a great strategic thinker and great decision maker by allying with. Tell me how great was his kamikaze Liberation War that brought the Christians to their knees etc.

Would it be fair to ask what is your suggested approach for a solution in Lebanon? and please don't go on by ranting "i'm not the one in power that's not my responsibility", well yes it is, you can't just sit there behind your laptop and only keep on criticizing. Please go ahead and enlighten us at least on a constructive concept of a vision.. How would you really try to change, fight the mafia, achieve some reforms and hold the corrupt accountable in this rotten system of ours while also taking into consideration the complexity of our region and the national threats we face.

elias-aj

Legendary Member

It’s not wrong, it´s full of bullshit. Not even remotely close to be an opinion. You and your mates are only good at trolling and insulting people. So you should have your own thread and have fun insulting the mentally deficient aounists. So we could have a remake of Vol au-dessus d’un nid de coucous.

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
There is a consistent campaign against Gebran Bassil and through him PMA now. Big dollars are being spent ..Fake websites and people. If the president is assassinated tomorrow. Many people will think that he was guilty. He needs to address the lies coming out of Berri s mouthpiece Jumbo..

Geagea and Strida waiting to decide his grand announcement

1597149255335.png

snacker23

I do not disagree. However, some politicans and movements were friendlier with the western nations and international communities, and did not align with the iranian Syrian axis during the worst soft war on iran and sanctions.
This strategy is a unforgiving mistake that resulted in a high cost to aoun and the country

It's a double edged sword to try to pick one axis over the other and this takes us back to the neutrality notion again. How can you be neutral while an axis openly rejects the return of 500,000 Palestinian to their homeland and ignores the israeli occupation of lebanese lands besides daily aggressions. You can also add the oil to the mix as well to our maritime frontiers.

The most fair policy is to try to be independent as much as possible and take from both sides what best serves our interest as Lebanese. This is what Gebran expressed once oin US TV and was probably killed for it.
There is a consistent campaign against Gebran Bassil and through him PMA now. Big dollars are being spent ..Fake websites and people. If the president is assassinated tomorrow. Many people will think that he was guilty. He needs to address the lies coming out of Berri s mouthpiece Jumbo..

Geagea and Strida waiting to decide his grand announcement

View attachment 20503

The amount of fake news circulating by the minute is incredible really.

Last edited:

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It's a double edged sword really to try to pick one axis over the other and this takes us back to the neutrality notion again. How can you be neutral while an axis:
openly rejects the return of 500,000 Palestinian to their homeland

The most fair policy is to try to be independent as much as possible and take from both sides what best serves our interest as Lebanese. This is what Gebran expressed once oin US TV and was probably killed for it.

The amount of fake news circulating by minute is incredible really.

PMA has to be careful.. I would make sure someone checks his water supplies like Putin does. When Iran, Syria and Saudi Arabia are making deals with the USA ..There has to be promises. The border line the oil and the leaders. .. All the MP's are silent as ... I have feedback that Nabil
Nicola told the president that in a committee meeting in 2014 he asked Ghazi Aridi about the materials at the port after customs had reported about it. He said to him you go and focus on dentistry and leave the fertilizer to me.
From a trusted source.

The_FPMer

Would it be fair to ask what is your suggested approach for a solution in Lebanon? and please don't go on by ranting "i'm not the one in power that's not my responsibility", well yes it is, you can't just sit there behind your laptop and only keep on criticizing. Please go ahead and enlighten us at least on a constructive concept of a vision.. How would you really try to change, fight the mafia, achieve some reforms and hold the corrupt accountable in this rotten system of ours while also taking into consideration the complexity of our region and the national threats we face.
Pretty much the opposite of everything Michel Aoun did would wield results. The guy had a "tsunami" level of enthusiasm from Lebanese when he came back despite his massive failures in the late 80s. He managed to throw it all away because of his extreme incompetence. I personally know many Druzes that were ardent FPM supporters. The guy had everything on a silver platter, he couldn't built a modern 21st century party and manage it properly in one of the smallest countries on the planet!

I would have created a party made of Wadih Akl type of people. Not sell-outs like Kanaan and family members like Alain Aoun. Media-wise I wouldn't strive to be another Baath-like organization. I would have stayed in the center of Lebanese politics, mediating between the Sunnis and Shias and further decreasing LF's power instead of empowering them using hateful rhetoric and bringing war memories. Wlek ya zalame PMA trashed Haririya Siyasiya when he visited Hariri's grave (everything he said was true but horrible timing, he should have been wiser and smarter but he never is)! What is FPM doing in Beirut's municipality? Biggest budget in all Lebanese municipalities and their corruption stinks to high heaven. Most of their MPs and Ministers got the job for being bootlickers and not more, they're incompetent and always seem to like antagonizing the Lebanese population.

Had FPM resigned, they would have rode the revolution right now like Charbel Nahas miserably trying to today.

Ya zalame not once Michel Aoun outsmarted anyone, except maybe Geagea but the latter is not the brightest tool in the shed at all.

I could go on for pages, but as I said in the beginning, FPM is a great lesson for reformers of the future. A party led by a man with great intentions but very poor judgment. Timing also to be fair wasn't on Michel Aoun's side. People weren't focused on fighting corruption until few years ago. He could have shifted the Lebanese culture to his side in 2005, but instead he was more than happy being party of the Lebanese establishment by creating a political party very similar to the old established ones. Wlek el jesh el electrone taba3 el FPM metlo metel tab3 Amal!

Ralph N

Pretty much the opposite of everything Michel Aoun did would wield results. The guy had a "tsunami" level of enthusiasm from Lebanese when he came back despite his massive failures in the late 80s. He managed to throw it all away because of his extreme incompetence. I personally know many Druzes that were ardent FPM supporters. The guy had everything on a silver platter, he couldn't built a modern 21st century party and manage it properly in one of the smallest countries on the planet!

I would have created a party made of Wadih Akl type of people. Not sell-outs like Kanaan and family members like Alain Aoun. Media-wise I wouldn't strive to be another Baath-like organization. I would have stayed in the center of Lebanese politics, mediating between the Sunnis and Shias and further decreasing LF's power instead of empowering them using hateful rhetoric and bringing war memories. Wlek ya zalame PMA trashed Haririya Siyasiya when he visited Hariri's grave (everything he said was true but horrible timing, he should have been wiser and smarter but he never is)! What is FPM doing in Beirut's municipality? Biggest budget in all Lebanese municipalities and their corruption stinks to high heaven. Most of their MPs and Ministers got the job for being bootlickers and not more, they're incompetent and always seem to like antagonizing the Lebanese population.

Had FPM resigned, they would have rode the revolution right now like Charbel Nahas miserably trying to today.

Ya zalame not once Michel Aoun outsmarted anyone, except maybe Geagea but the latter is not the brightest tool in the shed at all.

I could go on for pages, but as I said in the beginning, FPM is a great lesson for reformers of the future. A party led by a man with great intentions but very poor judgment. Timing also to be fair wasn't on Michel Aoun's side. People weren't focused on fighting corruption until few years ago. He could have shifted the Lebanese culture to his side in 2005, but instead he was more than happy being party of the Lebanese establishment by creating a political party very similar to the old established ones. Wlek el jesh el electrone taba3 el FPM metlo metel tab3 Amal!

This is a great reason why lot of FPM ers left... It became a family business.. While people sacrificed, got injuries and died for Aoun in the war, he though he could do it a family business...

Sad...

snacker23

It stuns me that while I have asked about a plan, you have come back to criticize FPM yet again lol. The world does not revolve around bashing FPM you know, you can have your own ideas too. You have also failed to mention Berri, Jumblat, Hariri, Frangieh, Ouwet, Kataeb, sawret el ratsh that continuously, fiercely and hysterically fight FPM all together.

The above being said, FPM did run to the elections back in 2005 against the whole political establishment (kelon yaane kellon, dare I say). What was it able to achieve afterwards by staying out? The FPM was also out of power for 15 years before that. I guess it is needless to state the consequences of those 15 years. The thing is you never seem to acknowledge the bad choices of the people throughout the years but you choose to keep putting the bulk of the blame on FPM.

It is actually the Lebanese people who kept on renewing for HA+Berri as representative of Shia, Hariri on behalf of sunna, jumblat for druze. It was always the election results that obliged FPM to deal with the scumbags and share power with them. And no, you can't really stay out of power forever :) The realistic approach absolutely lies in trying to fight from within, no other practical alternative out there.

Don't get fooled by Nahas who naively asks for a secure transition of power from the likes of berri, hariri and jumblat lol. He really thinks they will just give it to him (along with a government of exceptional authority too) like free candy.

Genius

Legendary Member
It's a double edged sword to try to pick one axis over the other and this takes us back to the neutrality notion again. How can you be neutral while an axis openly rejects the return of 500,000 Palestinian to their homeland and ignores the israeli occupation of lebanese lands besides daily aggressions. You can also add the oil to the mix as well to our maritime frontiers.

The amount of fake news circulating by the minute is incredible really.

No doubt the situation is not enviable , however the worst rigid decisions were made internally and externally without any strategic evaluation and corrections.

Not to mention the media image which played a major role in the public opinions.

I could not believe my eyes seeing bassil preaching about HA in international settings, while aoun used to describe them with the most villain terms.

Not fit for office.

snacker23

No doubt the situation is not enviable , however the worst rigid decisions were made internally and externally without any strategic evaluation and corrections.

Not to mention the media image which played a major role in the public opinions.

I could not believe my eyes seeing bassil preaching about HA in international settings, while aoun used to describe them with the most villain terms.

Not fit for office.

He actually refused to label 30% of the lebanese population as terrorists. Is that unreasonable?

Genius

Legendary Member
He actually refused to label 30% of the lebanese population as terrorists. Is that unreasonable?

HA were elected by 50% of the shia who voted, that's 25% of the total shia voters, 10% of total lebanese voters. Do you find reasonable their influence and consequence of their behavior.
They do taint the rest of the lebanese as 3omala, and will cut the hands bla bla bla.
That's not how you build a state.