Georges Zreik and the private school of Bkeftin in Koura incident

Le منشار

Le منشار

Looks to me you are not convinced. Why not asking ur extended family and friends who live abroad with their kids? Ask them how they cope with school fees and what their children learn in return . What you mentioned is a common issue everywhere : u have to work hard and spend even more . Otherwise send ur children to public schools.
it looks to me you are a teacher. "Min ba3deh ma yenbout 7asheesh" .. surprisingly the country is going backwards.
el7a2 3al sha3eb !! shefet shu hal sha3eb el bala zo2 ?! ma bye3ejbo el 3ajab !!

• Advertisement
  • Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    This sad story breaks your heart.

What a shame. The selfish church wouldn't give the poor guy his kid's transcripts so he can transfer her. These are not men of god, these are monsters.
    What I don’t get is that those transcripts are available in the ministry of education. He could have gotten them there. Was his that misguided? He must have been sooooo desperate to commit an act like that... I’m not judging but I what he did is unfair to his children that will grow without a father (and he hasn’t solved their problem either)

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    What I don’t get is that those transcripts are available in the ministry of education. He could have gotten them there. Was his that misguided? He must have been sooooo desperate to commit an act like that... I’m not judging but I what he did is unfair to his children that will grow without a father (and he hasn’t solved their problem either)
    Sad story all around. Poor family, I wish them the best. Some positive came out from this tragedy and that was the many donations to the family and children, but nothing like losing a parent especially at such a young age.

Vision

Vision

I have abstained from commenting on the forum for a while, but since I’m close to situation, i have found myself obligied to put my 2 cents worth.

First an foremost, God have mercy on George’s soul, and grant his family the strength and solace to deal with this tragedy.

I see a lot of comments to and fro, politically charged, religiously charged and some simply ignorant to the facts and circumstances.

When placing blame, I will refrain from implicating the church, and place the blame on Lebanon as a whole.

I blame everyone from the ignorant people who live there to the irresponsible politicians they have elected to represent them in their so called government.

How can I not blame the people who have no sense of accountability to themselves, their representatives and to their own sustained existence?

I blame every person who is living beyond his/her means, I blame every person that has voted for a politician to represent his interests, yet those interests are diluted and dissipated into the abys and replaced with the vested interested of the politician’s hip pocket and his/her regional sponsors and their idealogic strategic goals that do not align with Lebanon or any of its interests.

How can we not blame the politicians? The same politicians who opened Lebanon’s borders to millions of Syrian refugees. I’m sure they lined their pockets with millions of dollars to do so, but did any of them stop and think, how can we house and feed these people? What will happen to our ailing infrastructure in the process? What will happen to our local employment prospects, our local economy, our resources?

When a large portion of the population can’t afford the simplest of basics, it’s a broken system period. And George is no different to a majority of Lebanon’s population that is stuck in a quagmire of sh*t, a cesspool of ignorance and lack of accountability.

This rant is not to different to my first rant on this forum around 12 years ago.

In Lebanon, the situation has worsened, whilst our lives abroad have gone in the polar opposite direction. I praise God everyday that I have left that Sh*thole and hope that one day Lebanon’s inhabitants will drop their Arguileh’s and useless sectarian bickering and work out what the F$ck they want. Because status quo is exactly what the present political class’s regional sponsors want, and it serves Lebanon and it’s inhabitants no good