• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Germany bans Hezbollah - conducts raids

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin

Germany bans Hezbollah, conducts raids – interior ministry

BERLIN, April 30 (Reuters) - Germany has banned Iran-backed Hezbollah on its soil and designated it a terrorist organisation, the Interior Ministry said on Thursday.

Police conducted early morning raids in Germany to detain suspected members of the group. Security officials believe up to 1,050 people in Germany are part of Hezbollah's extremist wing.

"Interior Minister Horst Seehofer has banned the Shiite terrorist organisation Hezbollah in Germany," tweeted a ministry spokesman.

Germany had previously distinguished between Hezbollah's political arm and its military units, which have fought alongside President Bashar al-Assad's army in Syria. (Reporting by Madeline Chambers and Andreas Rinke Editing by Michelle Martin)

• Advertisement
  • الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lovely news to wake up to. Go Merkel!

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member

Germany bans Hezbollah, conducts raids – interior ministry

BERLIN, April 30 (Reuters) - Germany has banned Iran-backed Hezbollah on its soil and designated it a terrorist organisation, the Interior Ministry said on Thursday.

Police conducted early morning raids in Germany to detain suspected members of the group. Security officials believe up to 1,050 people in Germany are part of Hezbollah's extremist wing.

"Interior Minister Horst Seehofer has banned the Shiite terrorist organisation Hezbollah in Germany," tweeted a ministry spokesman.

Germany had previously distinguished between Hezbollah's political arm and its military units, which have fought alongside President Bashar al-Assad's army in Syria. (Reporting by Madeline Chambers and Andreas Rinke Editing by Michelle Martin)
    is it the first time they do this?

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

After using the US for so long, our brothers have been using Germany as a base for their suspicions activities of money laundering, and illegal financing. It looks like pressure has been mounting for a while to close the backdoor.
    South America is the main cash cow.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Good. Now I just need Australia and South America to completely ban them and classify the entire organization as terrorist, not just the miliary wing. Most of the money they make is due to drug trafficking in South America, you cut that off, it will be the beginning of the end for them. Bolsonaro is very close to Israel, so I have faith that will happen soon.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Good. Now I just need Australia and South America to completely ban them and classify the entire organization as terrorist, not just the miliary wing. Most of the money they make is due to drug trafficking in South America, you cut that off, it will be the beginning of the end for them. Bolsonaro is very close to Israel, so I have faith that will happen soon.
    do you have any proof about their drug trafficking in south america...

not doubting your infos....I mean my question is serious do you have any proof?

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Who do you think is funding Hizbullah at the moment? Iran, whose economy is in shatters and can't feed its own people? Or our cash-strapped state?

NewLeb

NewLeb

Who do you think is funding Hizbullah at the moment? Iran, whose economy is in shatters and can't feed its own people? Or our cash-strapped state?
    I’d say wealthy Shiite supporters, but even they are starting to think twice, given the recent sanctions that have been applied on Shiite business-men.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member

What about drugs factories in Lebanon they must be somehow involved in Captagon trade in the Middle East!

Ye3ni they control these areas were there are captagon factories so they must be involved.. don't you think?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    I’d say wealthy Shiite supporters, but even they are starting to think twice, given the recent sanctions that have been applied on Shiite business-men.

What about other stuff like Lebanese diamond dealers in west Africa this must be really dirty trade with lots of $$$$

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    have a look here about this Venezuelan Lebanese Druze person who was the prime minister of Venezuela, named tareck el aissami...and go directly to the controversy section in which he is accused of drug trafficking and terrorism network allegations

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

You'll find numerous articles where Lebanese people have been arrested for drug smuggling with links to HA. This one is from 2008.

Drug probe finds Hezbollah link

"Culminating a two-year investigation, authorities arrested at least 36 suspects in recent days, including an accused Lebanese kingpin in Bogota, the Colombian capital. Chekry Harb, who used the alias “Taliban,” acted as the hub of an unusual and alarming alliance between South American cocaine traffickers and Middle Eastern militants, Colombian investigators allege.

Authorities accuse Harb of being a “world-class money launderer” whose ring washed hundreds of millions of dollars a year, from Panama to Hong Kong, while paying a percentage to Hezbollah, which is designated as a terrorist group by the United States and Israel. Harb was charged with drug-related crimes in a sealed indictment filed in Miami in July, but terrorism-related charges have not been filed.

The suspects allegedly worked with a Colombian cartel and a paramilitary group to smuggle cocaine to the United States, Europe and the Middle East. Harb traveled extensively to Lebanon, Syria and Egypt and was in phone contact with Hezbollah figures, according to Colombian officials."

But this is most comprehensive document: Hezbollah in Latin America - Implications on U.S. Homeland Security

NewLeb

NewLeb

What about other stuff like Lebanese diamond dealers in west Africa this must be really dirty trade with lots of $$$$
    We need to understand that because of the poor economical status faced by many Shiites pre-civil war, trade in illicit activities was bound to happen. As is the case in the West, the poor and disadvantaged groups of society are usually the ones doing the “bad stuff.”

This is why for example Dahieh is a major hub for the transactions of drugs, despite it being a Hezbollah stronghold. However, albeit the Lebanese Shiite community has gained a lot of wealth over the years, it hasn’t done much to diversify it, nor has it attempted to pull away from illegal sources of funding.

There’s no real financial sensibility/responsibility going on, but they’re too proud to admit it. Only Trump can help them now, and they know it.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I think your sectarian jealousy is telling. Yesterday, you were referring to Lebanese Shiites as "litters". Now they're diamond dealers. And you make assumptions like "they must be somewhat involved" in drug trade.

Shiites arent going to disappear from Lebanon. If you are in pain, you will die. The merciless, heartless and most barbaric oppression by your predecessors didn't stop our presence, and neither will rats do that today or in future. We are the largest and most indigenous community with a presence that goes back to the 7th century as a religious community, and a presence that goes back before the 7th century as indigenous people of this land, before your ancestors invaded from Arabia, Damascus and Turkey. Tripoli, which you pride yourself with was once a Shia city for centuries, before your barbarian ancestors invaded. We have a history from the northernmost point of Lebanon to the southernmost point, and across Mount Lebanon and the Beqaa. You should go back to Turkey since many of you are of Turkish/Kurdish origin and some of you, if not many of you have Turkish citizenship to this day. What do you still want from Lebanon? Leave us in peace on our ancestral land. You should go back to your ancestral land in Anatolia, which was also invaded by the Seljuk Turks. Like your Seljuk ancestors, you wander from place to place with no where to call home.

Your likes make me feel sick with Hezbollah's obsession on Palestine, when all of you traitors in the Middle East have sold and cowardly abandoned your brothers in Palestine.

It is time for Shiite Lebanese to focus on their lives as Lebanese, first and foremost and on Lebanon only. Reach major international understanding to ensure our southern border is never violated by Israehell anymore, the Palestinian refugees leave, and the political system in Lebanon changes and becomes more democratic and Taef is fully implemented. Work on taking full control of Lebanon with international approval, and let Berri work on that; because this is our country and the only place we have and we would never accept to be treated as second class citizens by the progeny of invaders. And step on anyone's heart with sectarian malice and jealousy. Your hatred knows no bound.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    We need to understand that because of the poor economical status faced by many Shiites pre-civil war, trade in illicit activities was bound to happen. As is the case in the West, the poor and disadvantaged groups of society are usually the ones doing the “bad stuff.”

This is why for example Dahieh is a major hub for the transactions of drugs, despite it being a Hezbollah stronghold. However, albeit the Lebanese Shiite community has gained a lot of wealth over the years, it hasn’t done much to diversify it, nor has it attempted to pull away from illegal sources of funding.

There’s no real financial sensibility/responsibility going on, but they’re too proud to admit it. Only Trump can help them now, and they know it.
    Before you criticize another community and you refer to Dahieh as a drug hub, criticize your own community and tell us where drug peddlers stay in your area, or should we tell you? You can do pilgrimage in Dahieh for God to forgive your sins. You have desecrated Makkah and Medina. So I'm not surprised if you insult others with what you are.