Going to Lebanon

Aoune32!

I am going to lebanon in 3 months time with my children for the first time. I am pretty scared about the rubbish, waste, pollution, food contamination and the several reports you hear day in and day out.

Is it that bad?? I was in leb last in 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am going to lebanon in 3 months time with my children for the first time. I am pretty scared about the rubbish, waste, pollution, food contamination and the several reports you hear day in and day out.

Had some friends and family members there last summer, they went to beaches and did everything touristy under the sun, enjoyed themselves very much and got back safe and sound!

Just don't eat anywhere sketchy, one of them got food poisoning for a week :p

Aoune32!

Had some friends and family members there last summer, they went to beaches and did everything touristy under the sun, enjoyed themselves very much and got back safe and sound!

Just don't eat anywhere sketchy, one of them got food poisoning for a week :p
    Sketchy?? Like in some run down restaurant?

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I will be staying in Hadath for a month. Christening my little boy.
    Aww nice, I'll be doing the same next summer!

Check which vaccines you need for Lebanon, ask someone working in healthcare! Because I know in France I need an extra vaccine for my daughter to go to Lebanon

Aoune32!

Aww nice, I'll be doing the same next summer!

Check which vaccines you need for Lebanon, ask someone working in healthcare! Because I know in France I need an extra vaccine for my daughter to go to Lebanon
    Yep. I asked the Dr I need two vaccines for my daughter under 2 and they wont give one to my son because he is under 1 and he doesnt need it. Over here they have vaccines every 3-6 months until the age of 4.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Try to spend your days in the pretty mountain and seaside towns. Ashrafieh, downtown, and Hamra are nice too. Avoid the suburbs. Traffic is horrible too but you can't really avoid that.

I think the major change you'll notice is that there are so many foreigners everywhere, it feels like you're not in Lebanon. And the country in general feels more run down, except for more isolated places.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yep. I asked the Dr I need two vaccines for my daughter under 2 and they wont give one to my son because he is under 1 and he doesnt need it. Over here they have vaccines every 3-6 months until the age of 4.
    Huh interesting! My daughter would pretty much be done with her vaccines by 18 months then it's just extra doses and such. Already she had 2 vaccinations at 2 months

Aoune32!

Try to spend your days in the pretty mountain and seaside towns. Ashrafieh, downtown, and Hamra are nice too. Avoid the suburbs. Traffic is horrible too but you can't really avoid that.

I think the major change you'll notice is that there are so many foreigners everywhere, it feels like you're not in Lebanon. And the country in general feels more run down, except for more isolated places.
    This is really another thing i dont really want. I want the old Lebanon back. I went in 2016 it was very different to what i am used to.

Aoune32!

Huh interesting! My daughter would pretty much be done with her vaccines by 18 months then it's just extra doses and such. Already she had 2 vaccinations at 2 months
    Yep over here they do vaccines at birth, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 4 years.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is really another thing i dont really want. I want the old Lebanon back. I went in 2016 it was very different to what i am used to.
    Yeah...don't hope for that because you'll be disapointed. Try to enjoy the pretty spots without thinking too much about the rest, because it's heartbreaking.

Aoune32!

I would've told you to stay somewhere in the mountains, away from all the noise and traffic every day.
    My wife is from Hadath Beirut. Trying to find a place near her parents house. :) will christen my little one in a church there. Any place in the mountains in mind? We are both from the city im from Tripoli and i dont want to spend my month hounike. Lol

Aoune32!

Yeah...don't hope for that because you'll be disapointed. Try to enjoy the pretty spots without thinking too much about the rest, because it's heartbreaking.
    Ba3ref. I normally go every 2-3 years and it is not the same Leb li ana ba3refa. Tghayaret ktir w cha3ba tghayar.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Also, good luck with two babies on the plane. Ask the doctor if he has any recommendations in case they get airsick, because it's a truly horrible thing to go through. Normally, you take a pill an hour before taking off and an hour before landing. But I don't know if they make them for kids that young. But if they do, a bonus of those pills is that they'll be sleeping through most of the flight.

Aoune32!

Also, good luck with two babies on the plane. Ask the doctor if he has any recommendations in case they get airsick, because it's a truly horrible thing to go through. Normally, you take a pill an hour before taking off and an hour before landing. But I don't know if they make them for kids that young. But if they do, a bonus of those pills is that they'll be sleeping through most of the flight.
    Its going to be a headache but worth it. I need my kids to know the country and know their family. I have no family here except my dad, mum and bro.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Its going to be a headache but worth it. I need my kids to know the country and know their family. I have no family here except my dad, mum and bro.
    It's definitely feasible. But if you prepare ahead it'll be less difficult, that's all. Just make sure to check with their doctor.