Good Morning Lebanon......Today is March 14, 2015

Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet

Good Morning Lebanon......

Today is March 14, 2015 and it's been 10 years since the famous spontaneous gatherings in Martyrs' Square that led to the retreat of the occupying Syrian forces from Lebanon. Looking back at those 10 years, we can see that Lebanon's position in the region has changed dramatically.....

===============
So dudes,

can you continue what our local Robin Williams will be telling us in 10 years, i.e. how do you see Lebanon's role in the region in 10 years? why? what are the key events that would have helped us get there?

N.B:
===
This is a certified 100% positive postings so please respect our label (i.e. no pssingcontests) or we might lose it.

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Lebanese_N_Proud

Lebanese_N_Proud

Let's hope we have a Lebanon in 10 years. :smile:

Apologies for the negativity, but there's a thin line between pessimism and reality in this country.

justanotherlebanese

justanotherlebanese

Ya Maghnatees,

You might get more action if you post this in the non-political forum. Its where imagination and creativity is soaring to new levels:wink:

Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet

Ya Maghnatees,

You might get more action if you post this in the non-political forum. Its where imagination and creativity is soaring to new levels:wink:
    JAL (el bahar?) Dude,

I don't dare tread in those other caverns. Too scared. Feel free to copy paste it there.

Rgds,

justanotherlebanese

justanotherlebanese

JAL (el bahar?) Dude,

I don't dare tread in those other caverns. Too scared. Feel free to copy paste it there.

Rgds,
    Its ok, I'll pass. Its a different world out there and I can barely keep up with reality.

Z

ZRSGMS

As long as Lebanons relations with Syria are improved and the murder investiation satisfies the people, then I highly doubt that anybody will pay much attention to the March 14, 2005 events.

From another standpoint, although highly doubtful, Lebanons role in the region will be looked at very positively. And March 14 can be looked at in the Middle East as a call for democracy and against oppression across the entire region. Also, if we establish peace with Israel and secure our borders, that may be looked at as a milestone. Another big change can take place within the government. Imagine this title, LEBANON: THE FIRST SECULAR DEMOCRACY IN THE MIDDLE EAST. Finally, corruption will be eliminated, and the leaders will truly represent their people by taking reponsibility for their past acts. Lebanon has the potential to be the epitome of nations in the Middle East, all of the other countries can follow our path to reform, who knows, maybe Iraq could be unified again.

Some key events: Fair presidential and parliamentary elections, constitutional revisions/drafts, DIALOGUE between the different parties, opening corruption files, etc... (add your own).

Is that too much for 10 years, considering what we accomplished in the last 15?

taifoon

taifoon

Duke,

You ask for a palanthirs job, and i'll give you what Hari Seldon (foundations own pshcohistorian) could have calculated.

Taking only the following few parameters into account:
    - Impact of a big earthquake hitting Japan and another one hitting LA
    - Psychological impacts of poverty and unrest both inside and around your borders, salted with religious unrest
    - Physical damages inflicted on current political figures and political systems from eastest east to thouthest south
    - the degeneration and decay of religious extremism finally defeated through reason and death-fatigue
    - The tremendous will of survival and creativity Lebanese people have in times of trouble and utter dispair
    - Peace with the israelis and good relations with a democtratized Syria, while many palestinians have packed back to own homeland, all resulting in prosperity to our market
    - And best of all: Cheap 100mb fiber access in every home, and Google in your own PC phone telling you on a sunday morning the price of the cheapest and most tasty knefeh now being taken out from the oven, around the corner.. :rolleyes:

So, it looks good, apart from few birds who might stop singing and few flowers who might wither..
    (Unless of course i have missed a tiny decimal somewhere, in which case i'll have to reverse my results, thus horrific scenarios :(

lebo

lebo

taifoon, you cracked me up. Last line was good: The knafe part, I hope that really happens.

How about: Good Morning Syria… Today is March 14th 2015!

Events preceding 14th of March 2015:

- Some time between 2006 and 2010, Lebanese given the green light to invade Syrian land
    - Early 2015, Crowds gather up on a daily basis in Damascus demanding the withdrawal of Lebanese troops from Syria.
    - Arabic world in turmoil. Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Algeria send special envoys to discuss matters with Lebanese President S. Hariri??
    - FPM stages in-country protests in support of withdrawal from Syria and the Syrian population (ma3raket elgha2 el haymane 3ala el sha3b el soore ballashet; I know GMA likes these grand titles)
    - General Walid Junblat returns from battle near Aleppo, north of Syria, after clashing with rebels
    - Phone conversation of General Junblat's meddling in Syrian affairs surfaces as a consequence of an Arab-led investigation into possible massacres committed by Junblat's troops
    - the Arab security council convenes demanding immediate withdrawal of Lebanese troops and intelligence from Syrian territories
    - President Jebb Bush makes it clear that the US, now a member of the Arab league, will not tolerate Lebanese hegemony over Syrian land anymore. These calls are echoed by Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.
    - Annahar-Syria releases special issue with republished editorial by now hizballah supporter Gebran Tueini: Dawn of a new Era for Syria and Lebanon
    - Jund el sham, supporters of the Lebanese presence in Syria, stage a massive protest on March 8th 2015 thanking the Lebanese for their help in maintaining stability in Syria
    - Opposition groups in Syria call for a gathering in Damascus in defiance of Lebanese occupation

March 14th 2015:

- Biggest demonstration yet in the Arabic world, millions of Syrians gather up in Damascus requesting withdrawal of Lebanese troops.
    - Notable speakers: Gebran Tweini, Nayla Mo3awwad, and last minute attendee… wait a minute… Walid Junblat (makes no sense I know but neither does he)

Cheers.

drkalsaee

drkalsaee

Lebo you've got a hell of an imagination dude! :eek::biggrin:

Stop putting ideas into everyone's head! :tongue:

Oh & you mentioned Gebran Tueini, that guy would Nuke Syria if he had the chance, he's such a vulgar speaker. Makes me sick to even look at him on T.V. :mad:

LebanesePride

LebanesePride

He wouldnt nuke anything, he just runs his mouth and never does and never will do anything to back it up.

Bullet id rather wait before giving my answer, but i can say i see a fairly unchanged, although slightly better lebanon, with relative calm and stability and economical prosperity due to regional peace and international influence.

I dont see any major internal changes in the dynamics of lebanese society, unless FPM or some other new party gets the chance to implement some.

X

X

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What’s the fuzz about March 14? It was a day where Lebanese practiced their rights to ‎refuse the occupation, what all those who participated on March 14 did was their duty, ‎March 14 was supposed to happen much before then 2005.‎

GMA forever

GMA forever

March 14th 2015, we will be celebrating the 26th anniversary of e3lan 7areb al ta7rir men ebal al 3imad Michel Aoun back in 1989.

lebo

lebo

dudes, I think you guys misinterpreted the point of BM's thread. Please do read his very first post. My understanding is that BM is wondering where we'll be 10 years from now, not particularly in reference to March 14th 2015, but how will Lebanon and the whole neighboring region shape up during the next 10 years. Correct me if I'm wrong BM. Cheers.

PhoenixResurrection

PhoenixResurrection

Good Morning Lebanon......

Today is March 14, 2015 and it's been 10 years since the famous spontaneous gatherings in Martyrs' Square that led to the retreat of the occupying Syrian forces from Lebanon. Looking back at those 10 years, we can see that Lebanon's position in the region has changed dramatically.....

===============
    So dudes,

can you continue what our local Robin Williams will be telling us in 10 years, i.e. how do you see Lebanon's role in the region in 10 years? why? what are the key events that would have helped us get there?

N.B:
    ===
    This is a certified 100% positive postings so please respect our label (i.e. no pssingcontests) or we might lose it.

Thanks,
    Adrian cronauer was a DJ on the Armed forces radio in a country set on fire... Are you implying Lebanon would be a battlefield in 2015 and people like Adrian would be needed to encourage n entertain the population?

coralie

coralie

Legendary Member
    lebanon ...was , is and will always be the same the land of all controversies , crazy political debates , hyper politiciens , and victime citizens, a total chaos with colored diffrences ,the endless and neverending(hopefully) land of the eternel cedar , the land of 7000 yrs of rich history , of culture, the land of the saints , the criminals, the heroes and the martyres , the good and the bad , ........
    yes this amazing mixture .....

so i will simply say : GOOOOOD MOOORNING LEBANON ...... :smile:

kamikaze

kamikaze

10Yrs well.....Thank God for the fall of the bath-party in syria........

Lebanon's internal quarrels disapeared right after and this country is now running on all cylinders.....

I never tought Lebanon could be one of the strongest economies in the region.......

Lebanon has plans for a space program........could you belive that!!!

Yeahhh gooooood morningg Lebanon.:cool:

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Good Morning Lebanon

This is sound of Mars, broadcasting on earthsat to the population of planet earth and through Jupitersat 1, Jupiter and its first 2 moons and Jupitersat2 for moon 3 and 4 and the west bank of the moon.
    Today the 14th of March 2015, the weather on mars is hazy, temperatures vary between 76C and 78C in the averages for the year, there is a 0% probability of rain, the last time we had rain in this part of the year was a million years ago.
    The avian flu has infected the palestinian camp of planet pluto, so the govenrment of planet earth led by Avrom Nataniel has taken precautions to protect planet earth and its citizens from this dangerous virus and decided to launch the nuclear missiles orbiting the milky way, as part of the completed stars wars program in 2012, on planet pluto. This small sacrifice of 150 million palestinians is necessary to preserve our solar system population free of disease, added Mr Nataniel.
    the speaker in the name of the palestianians on Planet Pluto Mr Boutros Harb, commenting from his 5000 km2 residence of Golan Heights has agreed that the Palestinians do not mind sacrifying themselves for the good of the milky way. We earlier spoke with Mr Harb and this is what he had to say:
    Radio Mars: Mr Harb de we have to take such a drastic step?

B. Harb: Nharik sa3id, It is stipulated in the Taef agreement of 2010 that the palestinian population deported from West Bank and Ghaza that Israel and I, representative of Palestine will decide when and how the palestininans are allowed to decide of their own faith

Radio Mars: But in the Taef agreement of 2010 it was mentioned that the palestinians can decide of their own president for planet pluto in 2 years after the agreement, and this has not happened yet.

B. Harb: Ya Madame, el Taef said that 2 years after the agreement The Israelis and I will give the Palestinians their right to decide only when the Taeffiye of the jews is cancelled and all jews become muslims, and when the isla7at on venus are implemented and this has not happened yet, we want the good for all the palestianians, we are their friends and let me remind you that in 2008 we deported them to Pluto because they were dying in West Bank due to starving.

Radio Mars: But they were starving due to the walls built by the Israelis

B. Harb: Hayda el kakem mish sa7i7, May I remind you that the jews occupied arab lands only to help the arabs achieve their potential

Radio Mars: Now that you have lost the elections for batroun for the 2nd time, the last time you won it was in 2005 under the phoney law of kanaan 2000, what are your plans for the future

B. Harb: First of all when I won in 2005, it is because I deserve it, remember I wrote the Taef that brought prosperity to Lebanon and if it wasn't of me then the war in lebanon would not have ended, I have also two law degrees and I am educated, I could have also been president of Lebanon, it was once discussed and if you don't believe me, Mr Detlev Mehlis has the tapes. I believe he archived those recordings in BluRay mp6 clear sound files from the last decade in the bunker of the United Nations headquartes in downtown Kabul. Bass shou badna bill madi let's discuss the future, my plan is to run for president of Lebanon again, now that Michel Aoun has retired from politics I might finally have a chance

Radio Mars; Thank you Mr Harb

B. Harb: Ya3tiki el 3afie Madame

Kuntum ma3 sound of mars sawtou el 7ourriya wal a7lama, 3ushtum w 3asha loubnan

jiugiusti

jiugiusti

lebanon ...was , is and will always be the same the land of all controversies , crazy political debates , hyper politiciens , and victime citizens, a total chaos with colored diffrences ,the endless and neverending(hopefully) land of the eternel cedar , the land of 7000 yrs of rich history , of culture, the land of the saints , the criminals, the heroes and the martyres , the good and the bad , ........
    yes this amazing mixture .....

so i will simply say : GOOOOOD MOOORNING LEBANON ...... :smile:
    Extremely right.

lebo

lebo

B. Harb: First of all when I won in 2005, it is because I deserve it, remember I wrote the Taef that brought prosperity to Lebanon and if it wasn't of me then the war in lebanon would not have ended, I have also two law degrees and I am educated, I could have also been president of Lebanon, it was once discussed and if you don't believe me, Mr Detlev Mehlis has the tapes. I believe he archived those recordings in BluRay mp6 clear sound files from the last decade in the bunker of the United Nations headquartes in downtown Kabul. Bass shou badna bill madi let's discuss the future, my plan is to run for president of Lebanon again, now that Michel Aoun has retired from politics I might finally have a chance

Radio Mars; Thank you Mr Harb

B. Harb: Ya3tiki el 3afie Madame

Kuntum ma3 sound of mars sawtou el 7ourriya wal a7lama, 3ushtum w 3asha loubnan
    :smile: cool, I sure hope we get that far in 10 years (although highly unlikely), man it would be awesome. hell, maybe I'll open a Lebanon of my own, way out there somewhere, Lebnan 3al ard w 3al mareekh kaman! I'm praying that 7arb doesn't get that seat neither now nor in 10 years, I have a fishy feeling about this man. I could well be wrong and he could do a good job, but, given his activities and statements over the past 15+ years, ma fi bawader khayr. Cheers.