Good Morning Lebanon......Today is March 14, 2015

Free_Patriot

Free_Patriot

Coralie seems to have captured the most realistic picture...until now.

Since we're starting a new year, I would like to ask you again: What Future do you see for Lebanon? Does that future includes you, your family? What will make you stay/leave?

Feel free to be as brief or as long as you want.

Thanks,
I see a growing influence of Hezbollah on the Lebanese political and social life hence a very unstable future on the long run because this situation will contradict the style of life of many former-influencial Lebanese. I am pessimistic, Lebanon is not for me or my family to live but maybe to visit from time to time in order to keep the cultural ties at least.

• Advertisement
  • F

freak

I see a growing influence of Hezbollah on the Lebanese political and social life hence a very unstable future on the long run because this situation will contradict the style of life of many former-influencial Lebanese. I am pessimistic, Lebanon is not for me or my family to live but maybe to visit from time to time in order to keep the cultural ties at least.
    Lebanon is at the peak . There will definitely be some small sacrifices coming , but its gonna end soon . For some reason i see Lebanon booming in the near future, partly due to the return of FPM and their economical plans.

About HA i think their influence or maybe their strong influence will end soon , this will be when Israel decides so. When Israel allows the US to allow the government to resign , their will be time to train the army and also to pressure release of prisoners in Israel and Syria. Then HA will be done as a political organization.

MeG

MeG

As brief, as I can…
    I cant see no real change in 2015, not because I’m being pessimistic in the current period, but rather for the fact that I believe that Lebanon would not witness any major changes in the near future upon his Political and economical sectors, Unless a “Whole Lebanese generation” scarify. By staying, in the land of cedars fighting both the corruption and feudalism.
    “A whole generation “is indeed an Over generalization expression, nevertheless I believe, building a country needs much more invested efforts and scarifies than most of the current generation think. The decision of pushing forward the changes and the development is up to the Lebanese youth and until now they are still depending on the rulers.

dandann

dandann

What future do I see?

Sorry to say, same as the present....Just look back in history.

It's not the different politicians, or the different foreign superpowers that really matter..
    What will really make a difference is a change in our mentality as Lebanese and in the way we deal with each other....

So....
    As long as we continue not to know (and refuse to know) each other,
    As long as we keep seeing Lebanon only as a way for our community to survive, rather than a place for all of us,
    As long as we have no common understanding of our past,
    As long as each community has its own concept of Lebanon,

As long as all that is going on, our future (just as our present is) will only be another version of our past..

YOSS

YOSS

Fluid Brain Circuits unite us!

Seriously entertaining reading this thread.. Reminds me of the 'what unites us' one - we surely watch a lot of movies and have fluid imaginations!

In the second half of the eighties I remember a main slogan that used to be chanted often and displayed on bilboards: " 'a3touna el salam wa khouthou ma youdhishoul 3alam" (give us peace & take what amazes the world). The spirit of that came from a deep feeling believed to exist in all of Lebanon's regions, and that one was that we believed we shouldn't have had a war, it's a regional conflict, we're victims of it, and that the Syrian presence on our land imposes our continued victimization from this regional conflict.

We used to boast that if bombing could be heard from the left side window, we turn the car right and go out somewhere towards the right. The fact that we are a people full of life, creativity, innovation, etc.

On March 14, what the people believed to be that invisible veil holding back our progress and flourishing, was forced out of our land. In other words, if there was anything to be done right, we have more freedom now, to do it, right. To use our 'creativity, innovation' etc. and to amaze the world.

How are we doing that?

The Middle East conflict is 'The' major event hapening on the globe. Lebanon is and has been a key player, whether willingly or unwillingly, in the tapestry of this event. Lebanon is a 'rare' democracy in the region, coupled with a decent literacy rate relatively, and is quite tied one way or another to the key regional & world players in this event. All foreign armed presence on it's land has been removed, and a blockade has been established in the south to ensure that the hen of wonders in Beirut (our capital) are no longer disturbed.

What egg are we gonna lay?

It is difficult to predict what's to 'be' in 2015, yes, but what could it be? What would you like it to be?

I for one, would like to see a Lebanon that has reformed it's democratic laws, rendrered them fair, understood that we need a 'model' system built and sustained by 'model' people. Not our best Maronite, Druze, Sunni or Shia models, but our best Lebanese models; best qualified for that system task. A Lebanon that understands middle eastern mentalities, understands the western ones, has earned & imposed the respect of either side given its strategic location and it's renowed power brokering techniques, and has taken up a leading diplomatic role in brokering a new future for the region. Where the eastern forces could not stop Lebanon, cause is Lebanon is a part of them, and the western ones could not, coz Lebanon does it the democratic & progressive way, the way the west preaches. (enno we should & can have them both by the balls instead of them having us by the edge of our nerves!)

And dare I say, a Lebanon where the road is getting paved for the main religions to be united under one faith, and where that model is attracting foreign countries who also wish to end violence caused by religions.

Or... i could just quote another sci-fi show :)

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    Good Morning Lebanon......

Today is March 14, 2015 and it's been 10 years since the famous spontaneous gatherings in Martyrs' Square that led to the retreat of the occupying Syrian forces from Lebanon. Looking back at those 10 years, we can see that Lebanon's position in the region has changed dramatically.....

===============
    So dudes,

can you continue what our local Robin Williams will be telling us in 10 years, i.e. how do you see Lebanon's role in the region in 10 years? why? what are the key events that would have helped us get there?

N.B:
    ===
    This is a certified 100% positive postings so please respect our label (i.e. no pssingcontests) or we might lose it.

Thanks,
    -there has been a great syrian revolutions, after what the conservative Muslim Brotherhood are now sharing power with the Baath party, in what slitely resembles a democracy.
    - Irak is still at war, but things are calming down a bit. The 3 governments are trying to settle the fightings that occure in the mixed regions, and are planning to have elections, the last being held 8 years ago, two years before the US retreat.
    - American president Ms. Clinton - who is facing elections against favorite candidate Baker (with vice-president challenger Jeb Bush) - is heading to Jerusalem, where she is trying to find a solution for peace in the middle east. She will meet Israeli Prime Minister Zion (Likoud party), who just recently defeated the labour party of former PM Sabat. She will later meet President Yaacoub Ibn el-Hafiz (Hamas), president of the Palestinian Authority, where they will try to discuss the retreat of some settlers from some towns of the West Bank, and the break down some parts of the wall.
    - Saudi Arabia, after many years of reforms and civil war, is planning to play a key mediator in the Egyptian internal conflicts.

Lebanon
    - protests have occured in front of the government, lead by PM Karami Jr., in a coalition formed by Hezbollah, FPM and FM and himself.
    - President Nkoula asked President of Parliament, Berri Jr., to open the parliament session, but the later refused, unless a national government is agreed on in a national dialogue:biggrin:
    - the pro-arab (saudi) movement has claimed responsibility of the attacks that occured in the north, against HA martyrs
    - Kataeb leader Nadim Gemayel's visit to the US has assured the lebanese of the continued american support for Lebanese democracy, and has asked the government to arrange for new elections.
    - Franjieh Junior is back from Syria, and assured that Syria will protect the interests of the lebanese.

.... sorry I'm a bit tired. The point: nothing will change, but there will be ups and downs...

Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Goodmorning Lebanon,

The Ministry of Forest Revival has commenced the much anticipated open conference on reviving and reclaiming our natural habitat. A collective of global, worldwide NGO's, scientists and local NGO's will be engaging and interacting on the Revolutionary project, dubbed Gaia. Gaia will be financed by Lebanon's budget surplus, and will amount to 2% of GDP or 100 Billion Euros. The projects ambitous goals will include a collaborative effort on the part of the Local community, and neighbours. It has secured the support of the Ruling Green Party in Syria and the Ruling Peace Party Palestinian Isralie Republic. 1 Billion trees will be planted by 2020 in the region in a harmonius manner. The International community is banking on this effort and the success of Gaia to finally break the momentum of global warming :).

YOSS

YOSS

"Hand me a dozen bottles of water, i'm about to go on the air!"

And that's how our local Robbin would sound: (think loud voice, theatrics, the works...)

"Gooood Moorninng the Levvvaaanttt

A couple of weeks away from Spring time, the faraya slopes are bidding farewell to their religious seasonal skiers and Eskandarouna is set for yet another prosperous beach season!

The Lebanese foreign minister - knowing the charm of his beach locale - is hosting his Palestinian, Israeli, Syrian, US & Russian counterparts for a beach barbecue on this beautiful Sunday to take a break from the ongoing fruitful negotiations taking place in this banana fruitful Lebanese area. It HAS been confirmed, all products served have been carefully grown on Lebanese land!

In other events, the EU has launched another round of talks to discuss Turkey's application to join it's growing economy - analysts predict only half the waiting period has passed for Turkey's high hopes!

On the sporting side, with the playoffs getting closer than ever, the MLS Blades are set for yet another win and secure themselves a spot on the Middle Eastern Hockey playoffs! (hey a guy can dream ok?)

Don't miss tomorrow’s report where we announce the winners of the Da7iyeh In'tl Hommos Eating contest & expect a liiiive coverage of Tabarjah's Wet Tahini Contest!

From the center of the Lebanese Capital - this is Rabih Warjas - and Goooooooood Morrrnniiing the Levannnnttt! "

We'll be right back after these messages.

Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

And that's how our local Robbin would sound: (think loud voice, theatrics, the works...)

"Gooood Moorninng the Levvvaaanttt

A couple of weeks away from Spring time, the faraya slopes are bidding farewell to their religious seasonal skiers and Eskandarouna is set for yet another prosperous beach season!

The Lebanese foreign minister - knowing the charm of his beach locale - is hosting his Palestinian, Israeli, Syrian, US & Russian counterparts for a beach barbecue on this beautiful Sunday to take a break from the ongoing fruitful negotiations taking place in this banana fruitful Lebanese area. It HAS been confirmed, all products served have been carefully grown on Lebanese land!

In other events, the EU has launched another round of talks to discuss Turkey's application to join it's growing economy - analysts predict only half the waiting period has passed for Turkey's high hopes.

On the sporting side, with the playoffs getting closer than ever, the MLS Blades are set for yet another win and secure themselves a spot on the Middle Eastern Hockey playoffs! (hey a guy can dream ok?)

Don't miss tomorrow’s report where we announce the winners of the Da7iyeh In'tl Hommos Eating contest & expect a liiiive coverage of Tabarjah's Wet Tahini Contest!

From the center of the Lebanese Capital - this is Rabih Warjas - and Goooooooood Morrrnniiing the Levannnnttt!"

We'll be right back after these messages.
    whats the program on LBS they used to put after the war. 90. where they used to bring people form all over lebanon and compete on taboulleh, saying Owf, well owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwf, stuff like that, play musical instruments

i love that show. i wish it comes back :)

YOSS

YOSS

whats the program on LBS they used to put after the war. 90. where they used to bring people form all over lebanon and compete on taboulleh, saying Owf, well owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwf, stuff like that, play musical instruments

i love that show. i wish it comes back :)
    Riad Charara was the host - forgot it's name.

ooops - no. that show was before 90. Dunno this one. But that Riad Charara show, going from village to village every sunday and let them share in their habits and food etc. Pretty much portrays 'what unites us'. God Rest his soul.

Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Riad Charara was the host - forgot it's name.

ooops - no. that show was before 90. Dunno this one.
    maybe thats it, maybe it was replay, i didnt know :)

we gotta have that in 2015 :)

Lebanese-Nationalist

Lebanese-Nationalist

After many wars started by Hezbollah and the continuation of hostilities with Israel. The ratio of Muslim to Christian has become 85 - 15%.

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I cant see Lebanon surviving in its current shape until 2015. Foreign powers will agree to dismantle it. Some parts will be given to Syria and some to Israel. As for the christians They may find a formulae to keep them semi autonomous within greater Syria the way they were under the Ottoman empire.
    Between now an then Hizbullah will start three wars against Israel and bring on full destruction of most of the country's infrastructure

If Lebanon does survive , it will be culturally a very miserable place dominated by a culture of death and politically a land of lawlessness and chaos.
    Economically, it will be the poorest nation in Asia after Bengladesh and Indonesia.

Most ot its towns will be slums ridden with crimes and extremism. There will be no middle class to speak of but two classes: the super rich and the super poor.
    Environmentally it will continue to decline untill all forests are gone, all rivers dead with waste, all underground water contaminated.
    It's a place that simply cannot be reformed.

vegojimbo

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
    After many wars started by Hezbollah and the continuation of hostilities with Israel. The ratio of Muslim to Christian has become 85 - 15%.
    this was bc of HA right? not bc of the failed economical plans ( and consequently the lack of jobs and optimism towards the future) provided by rafic hariri?

lebluv

lebluv

Lebanon , New years EvE 2015...
    People celebrated new year in their homes...no one took a risk to go to the streets...bombs here and there , assasinations...the last assasination killed our last Politician from (el 3ahed el adeem)...
    the new government elected directly by the people in 31-February-2014 has less than few days to finish the Great Great lebanese borderline walls...as the China great wall...but around all lebanon...
    This solution , the government thought will be the way all lebanese could be happy and will all agree...
    From now on , no one can say others are interfering in our lives...
    Walls around mokhayamet(palestinian) also were built and linked by underground tunnels to Syria (which is still the first block against israel in comparison to The arab United states...)
    The pope asks syria to act as turkey did so ARABS may accept it as a state of the AUS...
    Assad could not accept King abdalla to be the supreme leader of AUS...
    Beirut...
    oh beirut will stay with its everlasting beauty the place were all lebanese gather....
    Mokhayam se7et el shohada and ryad el sol7 must be demolished they say (ahl beirut)
    These two new lebanese mokhayamet were built back in 2007 in objection to lebanese gov. and fouad sanyoora who left the government at last in 2013..and left the country in total chaos...
    Hizbolla..tried many times to get back shibaa or by another words to attack poor israel..but now the Great walls are ahead...
    the UN troops were given lebanese passports and added to lebanese army...
    Hizbulla also gathered all its troops as the Lebanese government asked and they r working in the Lebanese Nuclear power station in bikaa totally under lebanese laws..
    the new lebanese laws :
    1-obligation not to have more than one child for shiaa
    2-obligation to speak arabic or Chinese (the new pole)
    3-obligation to work 5 years for the country after graduation
    4-obligation to reveal thought against others for all tawa2ef
    5-obligation not to hide ones religion
    (people will react by not doing so)
    6-monthly visits of student muslims to christian schools and vice versa
    7- no TVs ( the Nuclear powerplant cannot afford musch tvs and propaganda)
    8- No cars ( we cant offer benzene for 1000$ per 20 liter)
    NB: Jumblat disappeared in unknown circumstances in 2013(important date)
    14 march 2015 and 8th ...added and by 2.....people celebrated 11 march...
    There are much more but who cares to hear...Lebanon made me Insane
    and i Loved Insanity...

Stella

Stella

If Lebanon does survive , it will be culturally a very miserable place dominated by a culture of death and politically a land of lawlessness and chaos.
    I guess nobody would want that, not even the HA supporters! Anyway before such goal would be accomplished the USA and allies would interfer and not just indirectly.

Lebanese-Nationalist

Lebanese-Nationalist

this was bc of HA right? not bc of the failed economical plans ( and consequently the lack of jobs and optimism towards the future) provided by rafic hariri?
    Hezbollah declares the Islamic Republic of Lebanon after a bloody coup against the weak government with the help of Iranian Revolutionary Guards. The new Islamic Republic of Lebanon then decides to attack Israel and another bloody war ensues. The war ends in relative failure for Lebanon but is nonetheless declared a victory. Southern Lebanon has been the hardest hit by the string of wars with Israel. 70% of the villages and towns in the south have been nearly destroyed. 20% of southerners have been permanently displaced as a result of the continuous string of wars with the Jewish state. Large discontent has grown among the Shi'ites towards Hezbollah but it is much too little, too late. HA has a monopoly on the lives of the Shi'ites and any rebellion would mean the loss of jobs, social security, and certain death at the hands Hezbollah agents.

The ratio of Muslim to Christian has now become 90 - 10% and the few remaining Christians have to pay a "jizya" tax to the Islamic regime. Many Churches have been transformed into Mosques with the most notable being the Harissa Cathedral. Many puppet Christian figures like Sleiman Franjieh continue to support HA and blame the sorry state of Christians on Fouad Sinioura and Saad Hariri, who were assassinated in a coup by pro-Syrian figures in 2013.

Sunni Muslims are also not treated very kindly in this new Shi'ite dominated Islamic Republic. An uprising of Sunni Muslims takes place with Tripoli and west Beirut as the heartlands. The coup results in a bloody assault by Islamic Republic forces on Sunni Muslim forces, who are divided into the secular pro-Hariri camp and the Islamic-extremists under the quasi-command of Al Quaeda. The uprising is brutally crushed in a Hama-style assault on the city. Tripoli and west Beirut are left in rubble and the dead are claimed to number 2000 by the government but independent groups such as Amnesty International and the UN put the death toll at a staggering 100,000.

WiseCookie

WiseCookie

Hezbollah declares the Islamic Republic of Lebanon after a bloody coup against the weak government with the help of Iranian Revolutionary Guards. The new Islamic Republic of Lebanon then decides to attack Israel and another bloody war ensues. The war ends in relative failure for Lebanon but is nonetheless declared a victory. Southern Lebanon has been the hardest hit by the string of wars with Israel. 70% of the villages and towns in the south have been nearly destroyed. 20% of southerners have been permanently displaced as a result of the continuous string of wars with the Jewish state. Large discontent has grown among the Shi'ites towards Hezbollah but it is much too little, too late. HA has a monopoly on the lives of the Shi'ites and any rebellion would mean the loss of jobs, social security, and certain death at the hands Hezbollah agents.

The ratio of Muslim to Christian has now become 90 - 10% and the few remaining Christians have to pay a "jizya" tax to the Islamic regime. Many Churches have been transformed into Mosques with the most notable being the Harissa Cathedral. Many puppet Christian figures like Sleiman Franjieh continue to support HA and blame the sorry state of Christians on Fouad Sinioura and Saad Hariri, who were assassinated in a coup by pro-Syrian figures in 2013.

Sunni Muslims are also not treated very kindly in this new Shi'ite dominated Islamic Republic. An uprising of Sunni Muslims takes place with Tripoli and west Beirut as the heartlands. The coup results in a bloody assault by Islamic Republic forces on Sunni Muslim forces, who are divided into the secular pro-Hariri camp and the Islamic-extremists under the quasi-command of Al Quaeda. The uprising is brutally crushed in a Hama-style assault on the city. Tripoli and west Beirut are left in rubble and the dead are claimed to number 2000 by the government but independent groups such as Amnesty International and the UN put the death toll at a staggering 100,000.

Why don't I see that as a very unlikely possibility?

kalam_ennas

kalam_ennas

To be more realistic :tongue: some changes and additions:

- Saad Hariri and Fouad Siniora, are assassinated much much earlier then 2013

- Some Uprises in the South and Bekaa in the early 10's (2010) lead by the young Afif Osseirane were crushed after 2weeks of feirce battles. (The battle of Tyre)

- The UN resolution 4133, called for democratic elections in Lebanon.

- The UN resolution 4782 called formation of the the Intl court related to assassination of former President, Botros Harb, former House-speaker Nabih Berri, former PMs Hariri Snr, Siniora, Hariri Jnr, former ministers and deputies (oooooooh the list is sooo long), and slain politicians and journalists.

- Marwan Hmadeh survives a 13th assassination attempt as he was traveling from Paris to Marseille.

- Anwar Raja, appointed minister of defence.

- Israel and the Islamic Republic of Lebanon sign a peace treaty in november 2015, it neglects the Chebaa farm issue and the Samir Al-Kuntar case.

- Jebrane Bassil is still wearing Orange