Announcements Google and EU now penalize sites for extremist content

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think you are misunderstanding a lot of things, so please let me clarify.

I wasn't calling President Aoun "Ahmad Aoun". There is a forum user by that name "
Ahmad Aoun", you can find his posts in the thread Jo linked. My comment was referring to that person's posts.

I also wasn't accusing you of antisemitism. I was responding to what I understood from your post, that's all. That Jews do not hate others based on race, religion, or nationality.

Furthermore, Jews marry other Jews, that is both social and cultural, and also it is an inherited self-preservation practice due to centuries of being persecuted. If you cannot understand that, it's your problem. That said, Jews still choose to marry non-Jews sometimes, but they are not shunned or disowned by their families; Jews are very open-minded in that regard. Unlike the Druze, for example.

I can't know why your Jewish friends cut social ties with you, but I do not believe for a second it is out of "hate" for you. Also, you cannot take your personal situation and generalize it onto all Jews. At this past Rosh HaShana, I invited a Lebanese friend over to our celebration at my friend's relatives' house. Half the family were Moroccan Jews, and the elders lived in exile in Morocco many decades ago and can understand Arabic and speak a little. So, they invited my Lebanese friend to bless the challa (bread) in Arabic, so that he feels involved and not a stranger. I can't think of a better example of cultural exchange and immersion than that. Please note that there were around 100 people from different walks of life and different cities or villages, states or provinces, and countries at the party. The point I am trying to illustrate is that they had different environments in which they grew up in. As diverse as it gets. So, where is that hate that Jews are supposedly taught?

As for Israel teaching that "killing babies is ok," where the **** did you get that from?
My bad.. I only read the Ahmad Aoun bit and got fired up in a big way.

As for the Jews, Its not just me they disconnected with, we had a large number of Asian, Greek and Lebanese in our group. I was probably closer to them because we attended the same lectures. But we still meet once a year and their topic comes up.

Israelis see Palestinians as objects and not people. they bomb civilians without blinking , just like they did in Beirut. Don't be naive and assume they didnt know ?! .

• Advertisement
  • Dulle Griet

Dulle Griet

This website is what ? If the target is this website, how is the target not Lebanon ?
    The point that you are missing is that this is a website on the Internet, not on the LAN network of your flat. I am not Lebanese, and there is a lot of non-Lebanese people getting information and free debate on here.
    Therefore this is not just stuff of your orchard, it is something more important about freedom of speech on a world scale.
    I can tell you that Oroom contributed to open my eyes on what was going on in Syria and Lebanon, countries that I always loved, so, it is a bigger battle. Thank you Lebanon to produce such media product, but please accept the fact that is a bigger thing that just your country.

D

Death To Google

The point that you are missing is that this is a website on the Internet, not on the LAN network of your flat. I am not Lebanese, and there is a lot of non-Lebanese people getting information and free debate on here.
    Therefore this is not just stuff of your orchard, it is something more important about freedom of speech on a world scale.
    I can tell you that Oroom contributed to open my eyes on what was going on in Syria and Lebanon, countries that I always loved, so, it is a bigger battle. Thank you Lebanon to produce such media product, but please accept the fact that is a bigger thing that just your country.
    Google pulled a coup on the entire internet. Of course it is not just about Lebanon.
    But Lebanon is getting special attention, as is obvious from this forum.
    Criticizing American values for example fall under freedom of speech and many a nation will defend this freedom of speech to the end.
    It is precisely because what is at stake concerns the whole world that it is a bigger battle, and Lebanon and the Orange Room are part of this battle.

A commercial business website is one thing, a hub for free and thoughtful dialogue in the Middle East is another. And the latter apparently is incompatible with Google's directives, making reconciliation between the two impossible.

Dulle Griet

Dulle Griet

You guys just have to remember that Israel wants southern Lebanon. The rest doesn't actually matter for you...