• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Google is creepy and superintruisive

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter

Coming from someone who didn't use his phone much or carried it around that frequently in 2019.... Now I do as I have fallen in love with a beautiful sweetheart / homeslice...

They sent me a 2019 Google timeline that included:

My houses in both Canada and Lebanon, cities I visited, stores I frequent, routes I've taken, my work locations, good approx of car travel distances, walking distances, etc etc etc...

Information one would think they wouldn't know with that much clarity.

What if women started asking their men for their google timelines? What if it was a prequisite for a serious relationship for her to see your every move?

They probably know how many
شميات في عا طيزي

Anyone else finds that creepy?
What if I was hacked and it fell on wrong hands?
What if Soleimani was an Andriod phone user trying to break a candy crush high score?

• Advertisement
  • Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member

Coming from someone who didn't use his phone much or carried it around that frequently in 2019.... Now I do as I have fallen in love with a beautiful sweetheart / homeslice...

My houses in both Canada and Lebanon, cities I visited, stores I frequent, routes I've taken, my work locations, good approx of car travel distances, walking distances, etc etc etc...

What if women started asking their men for their google timelines? What if it was a prequisite for a serious relationship for her to see your every move?

شميات في عا طيزي

What if Soleimani was an Andriod phone user trying to break a candy crush high score?
    i think google is a woman

and yea so creepy

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I love Google... Li asbab khasa

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member

شميات في عا طيزي

What is creepy is that you don’t know that you could opt out of this.
    Actually I love this feature, sometimes I want to go back to restaurant I have been to before, or see when Was the last time I visited a friend or what was that hotel I stayed in Budapest at and I can just go back and see them and my pictures are also shown bringing back good memories.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    Actually I love this feature, sometimes I want to go back to restaurant I have been to before, or see when Was the last time I visited a friend or what was that hotel I stayed in Budapest at and I can just go back and see them and my pictures are also shown bringing back good memories.
    You could "opt out". Prism says hi. Mr. Edgelord.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    You could "opt out". Prism says hi. Mr. Edgelord.
    You can even turn off your whole GPS feature if you believe they are tracking, and if you still believe that they ate tracking you turn off your phone and if you still believe they are tracking you leave it at home and if you still believe they are tracking you get a Nokia 3389 and if you still believe they are tracking then maybe we should know who you are because you seem important

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

شميات في عا طيزي

Partial solution is to use anonymous accounts as much as possible and especially for social interactions.

dyyyy

dyyyy

Opting out will just not give you the results to you, but they're still getting all the info they need for themselves. a couple of uesrs ago there has been a lawsuit on google because it was gettings users locations even whem they opt out and turn off gps (they can get your location from wifi)

same for Facebook, they can get info from you from your friends ( any friend who tags you or puts q picture of you)
    also all your searches on any search engine are used for tracking from companies like Criteo.

Yes most of these are convinient and mostly harmless, but they can be used for harm.

if you've heard of the Cambridge Analytica scandal where they used these info to help Trump in the last elections.

@ميسوبلنس
    Some alternatives to use, to make things less creepy :)

duckduckgo instead of google
    Firefox browser removes tracking
    and of course remembering that anything you share is saved forever :D

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Opting out will just not give you the results to you, but they're still getting all the info they need for themselves. a couple of uesrs ago there has been a lawsuit on google because it was gettings users locations even whem they opt out and turn off gps (they can get your location from wifi)

same for Facebook, they can get info from you from your friends ( any friend who tags you or puts q picture of you)
    also all your searches on any search engine are used for tracking from companies like Criteo.

Yes most of these are convinient and mostly harmless, but they can be used for harm.

if you've heard of the Cambridge Analytica scandal where they used these info to help Trump in the last elections.

@ميسوبلنس

Browsers do not remove tracking, they cannot = browsers can only send request not to track and sites decide whether to follow it or not.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter

@ميسوبلنس

Brave web browser is better than Firefox.
    I don't trust Mozilla.
    And yes, I do use DuckDuckGo.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member

@ميسوبلنس

Turn off your gps on your iphone and they won’t be able to track you, but you cell provider can triangulate you and know where you and still provide this info to authorities.

so again they do it to everybody, now that google has something called a timeline that people are panicking? are you snowden that you are so afraid to get targeted? There are 8 billion people on earth you’re just one of them and nobody is targeting you in particular. Just Worry about what you can control and make sure you have better security than most people and you will be safe. I know a ton of people for example who have not activated two step security and still use the same password everywhere.