• Lebanon civilization is Based on Western and Christians Values

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Lebanon is both Arabic and Phoenician

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Islam conquest of Middle East was a disaster

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Thank God Mount Lebanon protected the Christians from Muslim Oppression

• Thank God Lebanon is different than all Muslim or Arab Countries with its Christians face

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Muslim Conquest of the Middle East was good

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Muslim should dominate Lebanon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday should replace Saturday as a Holiday like all Muslim Countries

• Total voters
Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
First, @Mysobalanus never said Druze are superior to Christians, only that they're superior warriors. And that's arguable and probably restricted to Lebanese Christians, More specifically Maronites.
So inferior fighters ?

Second, most of these statements about Druze have been said about Jews before.
Really? Which ones? Because most of my statements have been historical facts and mocking the statements of mysobalanus! Highly doubt someone accused the Jews of following Christians around massacring them or displacing them from their homes, although they did actually displace my father's aunt ?

Druze and Maronites once competed for power over Mt Lebanon. Today they're both competing for relevance, but not against each other.
THE POINT OF THIS ENTIRE DISCUSSION IS HISTORICAL! whether Christians were better off confined with the Druze or not, they weren't as evidenced by the fact they got slaughtered, repeatedly!

• Advertisement
  • !Aoune32

!Aoune32

First, @Mysobalanus never said Druze are superior to Christians, only that they're superior warriors. And that's arguable and probably restricted to Lebanese Christians, More specifically Maronites.

Second, most of these statements about Druze have been said about Jews before.

Druze and Maronites once competed for power over Mt Lebanon. Today they're both competing for relevance, but not against each other.
    The druze and maronites in mount lebanon need one another.
    The druze in the jabal are about 180K whilst the christians are no less than 1.1 million. They clearly need one another and the christians should work for this with the druze. Demographically we have won in the jabal we don't need to stick it to the druze every single time. They are a scared sect also surrounded by other sects, no major countries supporting them, nothing.
    Let them choose their leaders, their appointments and live with them peacefully.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    The druze in the jabal are about 180K whilst the christians are no less than 1.1 million. They clearly need one another and the christians should work for this with the druze. Demographically we have won in the jabal we don't need to stick it to the druze every single time. They are a scared sect also surrounded by other sects, no major countries supporting them, nothing.
    Let them choose their leaders, their appointments and live with them peacefully.
    I think Druze best chance of survival is complete relocation into Israel
    They could occupy northern settlements and handle their protection

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    At the risk of agreeing with mysobalanus, the Druze have always been a minority, they never needed anyone to survive and they don't need anyone now! Certainly when there's no one threatening their existence or plotting some kind of genocide against them!

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

At the risk of agreeing with mysobalanus, the Druze have always been a minority, they never needed anyone to survive and they don't need anyone now! Certainly when there's no one threatening their existence or plotting some kind of genocide against them!
    The druze numbers are very small in the country and hence they have their main foot in chouf and aley and hence their people only have 2 cities to defend if there is any attack. Whilst the christians are all over the country and need to defend more positions from north to south near the israeli border to the east near syria Qaa and the other border areas.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    A recent survey undertaken by Caritas in 110 villages in the Alley, El-Chouf and Baabda areas of Mount
    Lebanon, indicates that of a total of 28,400 displaced families, only 5,396 people had returned. The survey
    found that many IDPs were losing hope of return due to a lack of educational and health services and
    economic opportunities. Although compensation has been offered to IDPs to rebuild homes, the vast
    majority of the displaced have reportedly not yet reclaimed their properties (USCR, 24 May 2004). The
    survey found that many people have in practice only received partial compensation due to shortages in
    government funds and are unable to return because their homes continue to be uninhabitable (Caritas,
    August 2004; Lebanon Wire, 8 July 2002).
    Return to the Mount Lebanon region in particular has also been impeded by a lack of reconciliation
    between residents of villages and people who wish to return as a result of sectarian divisions caused by the
    war (Ibrahim, 7 February 2001; Lebanese government, 30 June 2004; Daily Star, 29 April 2004). Militias
    displaced populations during the war to create homogenous communities creating tensions along
    confessional lines. This has mostly been the case in Breeh in the El-Chouf, Kfar Selouan in the Metn, and
    Kfar Matta.

^^ this study was conducted in 2004, same issues still stand today.

But sure let's blame the people who were forced out of their homes and tried to build a life for themselves elsewhere for not returning to a land that's now foreign and very hostile to them.
    Why return, they should sell their property and move on already. Except they are still hoping to get something from the government in terms of reparation if they hold on to their property there. It is mostly a financial benefit equation I think, for some maybe nostalgia as well.

Would you want to go live in such a cleansed area? it's over. Politicians like to use this as a bullshit rallying point, but it is mostly about money. If tomorrow you paid everyone what they are due, you still wouldn't see anyone return.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    The druze numbers are very small in the country and hence they have their main foot in chouf and aley and hence their people only have 2 cities to defend if there is any attack. Whilst the christians are all over the country and need to defend more positions from north to south near the israeli border to the east near syria Qaa and the other border areas.
    Their numbers have always been small in the country

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Greek Catholics are also small in numbers and oppressed by Maronites :)
    Oh don't even get me started on the Maronites - unfortunately I am one of them now- :p

Side note: damn you! I've been ignoring your posts for like a year now and you just made me chuckle and I caved

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Oh don't even get me started on the Maronites :p I am from Zahle after all ?

Side note: damn you! I've been ignoring your posts for like a year now and you just made me chuckle and I caved
    Bassita wlo no need to hold a grudge :)
    Why do you think i make a point to reply to you constantly :) its my way of extending an olive branch :)

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Oh don't even get me started on the Maronites - unfortunately I am one of them now- :p

hehe my wife is now Orthodox :p

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    For real guys we need a sectarian fight between Lebanese Christians, let's make it happen :lol: :lol:

Of course I am joking people, no lectures please :)

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    One of their strength is their uncanny ability to use foreigners to further their ambition and their massacres: the Palestinians in 1975 / 1976, the Syrians in 1978/1982, the Israelis in 1983, then back to the Syrians in 1989... truly الف آلبة ولا غلبة

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    One of their strength is their uncanny ability to use foreigners to further their ambition and their massacres: the Palestinians in 1975 / 1976, the Syrians in 1978/1982, the Israelis in 1983, then back to the Syrians in 1989... truly الف آلبة ولا غلبة
    FPM learned a bit from them and a bit from FM. Now they working hard to make Christians a minority like the Druze :)